1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Thursday August 25th

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Topdog, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Morning

5.00 Lingfield-Valmina

1pt Win @ 9-2 [Bet365] & 2pts Place @ Betfair Sp

Unplaced in a race last night,but not given a hard time so ill be interested if runs again so quickly
  2. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

NON RUNNER!
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Struggling for time again today, so apologies, in advance for the lack of detail. Will atttempt to get bck on later, with more info, but most are at single figure prices, so have obvious form chances :-

2:30 Lingfield - SWIFT BLADE - Decent debut LTO for the Lady Herries yard and the looks a possible improver.

2:40 Carlisle - ANGEL OF HOPE - Consistent enough sort and ran pretty well LTO. Visor remains on and likely to run her race.

5:00 Lingfield - ESTONIA - Been with this one a lot this year and deserves a win. Remains on a winnable mark and should appreciate the step up to 6f.

7:55 Killarney - SWORD OF HONOUR - Nicely bred, carries famous colours and has Derek O'Connor booked. Does look a well above average bumper, but hoping this one might be quite decent.

2:10 Carlisle - ALFRED GEORGE - Apparently slipped up on debut and also ran very green. Hard to know what to make of him, but should appreciate the ground and is bred to be OK. EW Flyer.

4:30 Lingfield - Fancy 3 here, 2 of them at a price -

DISHY GURU
    TRENDING
    TRISHA'S BOY
  4. beamer

beamer Moderator

Put my notes from last night into the bin this morning !

Ive marked two down two of your picks Samoan, but I'm holding back on both at the moment. I had a decent bet on the horse that beat Swift lto, who I backed because SB actually took my eye in the race, but I discounted as it only been with Herries 4 days. It ran beyound my expectations, nearly beating Rajnagan, but the drift today worries me, which possibly be on account of the ground. Unless he contracts before the offer, I'm going to watch.

Carl 4.10 Strong Knight 2.5 pts win @ BF SP at the moment
    Island Chief n 1 pt win @ "

Lay back 3.5 pts IR @ 1.41/1.23

Messy race this as I do feel quite strong on SK even though he's achieved little, but Island Chief is another who could pounce shortly and So Wise cannot be dismissed. To make the situation worse, my picks are front runners and there is even more early pace. In all probability I will also put in an in running bet on So Wise @ 10.0 on the basis he could be held up at the back.

Strong Knight, like So Wise, is a cheap Abdullah cast off who purchase is probably aimed at the jumps. His mark has tumbled from 75 to 49, which is totally deserved but his run 2 runs back at haydock was a bit of an eyecatcher for me.

Ridden over 10f with Gibbons on board he led the field until collapsing 2f out and came home in a walk. Intersestingly the horse that finished 1 place behind that day, came out and won his next race, ridden by Gibbons. C/P's were worn that day and it wasn't a total disaster considering the trip and easing down and SP of 50/1.

Last run was with K. Hharrison, but CP's were replace with blinkers and taht run was poor.

Comes here in CL 6 level for the 1st time 5 lb lower, CP's back on and Gibbons back on board.

Island Chief is a dilema in that I think he will pounce soon, having dropped down the weights, but as I mentioned oon the other thread, he's appears at his bestafter a very short interval and he does have another engagement in 2 days time.

I may as well throw some cheap f/c & t/cast combos' into the mix.

One point I failed to mention is trainer Walfords recent record. Take away Strong Knights last run, his record over the last two weeks reads: 3rd, won, won,won, won.

Cheers beamer
  5. beamer

beamer Moderator

Carl 3.10 Carries Magic 1 pt e/w @ 10/1 (Bet 365)

Picked this one last night then discounted it as I'm concerned that they will be fighting for the far rail, but there is plenty of early pace and the front three could effectively kill themselves off.

0/40 over 5f recently but been placed three times and those runs must put her in the shake up.

beamer
  6. beamer

beamer Moderator

Carl 4.10 Strong Knight 2.5 pts win @ BF SP at the moment (14.0 taken
    )Island Chief n 1 pt win @ "

Plenty of money stacked up wanting 16.0 and 15.0 requested vanished in seconds. Looks like course money is coming in for it.

Putting .5 pt on So Wise @ 10.0 IR as mentioned.

beamer
  7. beamer

beamer Moderator

Unplaced. Reared at start and took the widest possible route. Jockey Whillians had decent stats but he was poor.

Strong Knight was a big gamble but failed, finishing 4th. Possibly needs an easy lead. Unfortunately walford kept up his great run winning the next race.
    So Wise ran a fair race to get 2nd.
    Island Chief ran to his recent form but his dec later in the week has gone.

beamer
  8. beamer

beamer Moderator

Wolver 6.40 Vanilla Rum 1 pt win & place @ 18/5.2 ( lay back IR @ 1.81 & 1.23)

A big "if", but this horses best form was over this track on several occasions.

The obvious negatives are the horses poor recent form, but that may soley been down to surface/trip,etc and the trainers dire form this season at 2%SR.

If recapturing his previous form over this track would give him an outstanding chance , but he's also come down 13lb.

beamer