1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Tue 16th Aug

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by beamer, Aug 15, 2011.

1. beamer

beamer Moderator

Muss 5.15 Now Here And Why

Clueless how this will be priced up.
    This is one of those races were the market leaders make no serious appeal to me. I'm probably reading too much into this horses form from 2 years ago, but my feeling is he's improved for his two runs with Semple, since coming back from Ireland. His 25th of 30 last year over 7f would normally read well but a lot of that field has turned out to be dross and the fancied runners that bombed needed better ground.

It's questionable whether he'll truley get 7f on this ground, buthe's been quietly backed on his last two runs and I'm prepared to punt him on this occasion to small money.

beamer
  2. beamer

beamer Moderator

There was small amount available at 10's+ overnight which I left. Looks like someone has taken every price down to 3/1 for £35. Probably mean single figs at best, but 8/1 would be my minimum.

beamer
  3. beamer

beamer Moderator

kEMPTON 9.20 St Augustine 1pt win @ 10/1

Price simply looks too big for a class dropper with surface form in a small field.

beamer
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Not that fussed today, with value thin on the ground. I do like the following 4, but all are priced about right. Do half fancy an outsider as well, but even this one is priced surprisingly low :-

2:15 Musselburgh - ANGEL OF HOPE - Last 2 efforts not so good, so the visor would need to have an effect. No forlorn hope however and if anything, more worried about the ground.

2:30 Brighton - BRONZE ANGEL - Top 2 in the market, should be tough to beat, with preference for this one at the prices. The Hannon runner could be the one to get in amongst them.

3:00 Brighton - JOYFUL SOUND - Looked to stay the trip LTO and hopefully will be ridden a touch more positively today.

5:30 Brighton - POCKET'S PICK - Does have some decent efforts to his name at Brighton and that is always something of a bonus. No problem with conditions and the main problem is his woeful strike rate. Will pop up somewhere though and hopefully that is today.

5:15 Musselburgh - BROUGHTONS SILK - Ought to be a big outsider, but is as low as 12's. Real hunch on my part, but I just feel he will be better on the softening ground.
  5. beamer

beamer Moderator

Btn 3.30 Green Wadi .5pt w&P @ 8.6/2.78

Post says he's a bottler, but it may just be he's best on firm ground which he rarely gets. Small bet.

beamer
  6. beamer

beamer Moderator

Post was right. Total dog. Missed 3rd in a photo.

beamer
  7. beamer

beamer Moderator

Taken 2 pts @ 7.8 (Trade out @ 2.76).

No chance of the 8/1, but there is a N/R and the opposition is weak in the betting. Put in the lay back he he fails to stay the 7f.

beamer
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

8:20 Kempton - DARNATHEAN - Tad over priced IMO. Added RASPBERRY FIZZ and VOCIFEROUS as well.
  9. beamer

beamer Moderator

Muss 5.15 Now Here And Why 2 pts @ 7.8. U/P 2 pts loss.

Pulled hard and looked like a non stayer.

Btn 3.30 Green Wadi .5pt w&P @ 8.6/2.78 U/P 1 pt loss.

kEMPTON 9.20 St Augustine 1pt win @ 10/1 (R4 20P) WON +8PTS

Profit +5pts

Another decent day, but on reflection I'm struggling to figure out why I had such a small bet on St. Augustine, especially as the price stood out straight away.

Cheers beamer