1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

US Election betting 2020

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by Pete89, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Was talking about this at work this morning and the consensus seemed to be that as much as we all agree he’s a massive fud, we would be shocked if he lost the election. I jumped on to check the odds and was shocked to see it was 10/11.

Incumbents tend to be returned and excluding those who died in office and the VPs who succeed them (as they never won the election in the first place) there have only been 3 one term presidents in the past hundred years, Hoover, Carter, Bush I.

I think he’s performed better than his critics said he would, the US economy is fairing well and the sky hasn’t fallen and supporters will point to the earlier warnings that have failed to materialise as proof that its all just fake news.

The impeachment is going to be thrown out of the senate. Trump supporters will see this as strength and will like that it’s not been a fair trial.

finally the Iran thing is going to play in his favour, nothing Americans like more than supporting the commander in chief going to kill some ‘terrorists’.

In all I think the current price is good value, although there’s potential for it to lengthen depending on the democratic candidate.
    slick likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Only seems like yesterday when he was first given the keys to the whitehouse.
    When are the elections Pete?
  3. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Early November is the general, first primary is in early February (although early voting has started in some states already)
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers m8:thumb
  5. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

First primary results are (mostly) in and with 11 delegates each Bernie sanders (6.0) and Pete Buttigeig (17.0)

sanders lost to Clinton last time and likely will be too radical for the majority of Americans, Buttigieg, a former mayor, is only 38 and served in the navy in Afghanistan, he is also gay and married his husband in 2018, which I can’t help but feel will count against him with many less tolerant Americans.

Trumps approval ratings are on the up, and he’s now biggest price of 1.67 to win in November
    slick likes this.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Sanders is a doddering old twat and, as you say, the great christian community in the USA aren't going to tolerate anyone who's gay. Wankers. It's a done deal unless he nukes China to get rid of the coronavirus
  7. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Exactly, and even that might end up winning him support. Just saw in an article about him beating the impeachment that 94% of republicans now support him despite 54% believing he had not done nothing wrong.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator