1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

VAR so far.......thoughts?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Aug 19, 2019.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

2. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Should only be used for goal line confirmation
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

City were robbed at the weekend. Not for the disallowed goal for the handball, but for a clear penalty that the whole world and his wife saw, in the first half. Why was there no review there?
    I shouldn't be complaining on that, i know, but the powers that be know City are going to win the league, they are influencing it so that they haven't got it won well before the season finishes.

I prefer refereeing cock ups to this shit.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Spurs fans singing "V.A.R my lord".

Fuck off.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

My thoughts exactly Punt.
    I thought VAR in principle would be a good thing but they are taking it to the nth degree and if this carry's on it won't be long before fans stop celebrating goals.
    Also they seem to be selective as to when to use VAR as the penalty shout shown, it's creating lazy referee's bottling big decisions.
    Punter likes this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Utd were clearly robbed of at least one, if not two penalties yesterday (not that they were likely to score them, mind). But they were definitely robbed of the opportunity.

It's beginning to look too easy for the powers that be, to manipulate the league.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's something that I hadn't thought of but it is true. Even if it never happens it presents the opportunity for it to be perceived that way. What started off with the best of intentions is in danger of overshadowing the whole bloody show.
    Punter likes this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Spurs had a definite pen v Newcastle today, despite Shearer trying to defend it.
    VAR checked it while eating a Chinese. No pen given.
    City should of had another one too. Pep must be pulling his hair out.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator