1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Welsh Lions

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by traeth, Jul 3, 2013.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

At last Gatland grows some balls and picks a side that can win . The Irish should not have treated him so badly.

The best odds from Paddies as they think it's the end of the world now that BOD their GOD has been dropped

Australia 1.90 v Lions 2.10

p.s. I would not have Parling in my side as I think Gray would be better suited .
    With my Welsh goggles on I suppose it should be Ian Evans .

Last tryscorer of Mike Phillips @ 21 or Tips @ 34 would have the media extolling Welsh rugby on Sunday.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Should be another nail biter on Saturday although I'd be a lot happier if Warburton was in the side, I have a feeling his Injury might cosy the Lions the series.
    Gatlands shown a lot of balls in dropping O'Driscoll alright because he's been carried on this tour and Gatland could have took the easy way out and made him Captain for the last test, i just hope it works out for him.
  3. 4PP

4PP Member

If you want to play American Football, by all means, go ahead. Gats has picked the right team for it.

There has been no game plan whatsoever, bish, bash, bosh & 1/2p have been about it. None of the backs, even those with limited talent could perform........... the forwards did not provide the platform, the set piece was "dodgy" at best & there was never an op' for any back to shine. Even Norths great try was down a wayward kick from an austrailian!

Gatland had a squad with talent but along with Howley he has shown his limits. I like Roberts but Davies? Come On!, he gave Ash'Coop the try last week ffs! Yes he played a bit against midweek teams but no one could accuse him of being world class, unlike Roberts.

So Gats wants to soften the Aussies up with brawn over brain?, well he has the team for that, but who is going to provide the "spark"? the leadership. POC is gone, Warbuton did his best but he too is gone, Who is there?

Certainly not Philips, he's been shite all season in France & that hasn't changed overnight. Heaslip has been playing extremly well & while I can't argue too much with the back three the fact he is not at least on bench is a bit mad. AWJ?? Yeah right :p

I don't claim Bod is God but to have him out of the 23 is plain stupid. Neither Tuliagi for all his brawn or Davies come anywhere near him skills wise.

No, Gats has "panicked", he is praying he can out muscle the Aussies, that they will be drained by last week & the whole Horwill thing. I hope the Lions win, I'm too much of a rugby fan not to want that. Unfortunately if they do it will be down to luck, as shown in the first test. It will also leave a very bad taste in the mouth of those who enjoy rugby & want it played at its highest level.

Neither team have shown anything near top drawer XV style game in this series & Gats has made sure the standard will be dragged down further into the gutter on Saturday.

If the Lions win, well & good but Gatland can't take any credit for it with his dithering mis-management, a loss however will be layed justifiably at his door. Whatever happens, he can say goodbye to a shot at the NZ job in the future, he has really shown he's out of his depth.

Oh & btw, I don't subscribe to the hysteria regarding the whole BOD debacle on social media but I will say this, If there is one player whose absence may cost the Lions this series its not BOD nor Warburton.
    Its Paul O'Connell. I garauntee you he would not have allowed the Wallabies to come back into the game last week.
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

hi snods ,

I was trying to be ironic with my comments considering the shitfest that is going on in the rugby forums and twatter.
    I'm in agreement with you on POC , his partnership with AW Jones has been the only one that had blossomed on the Lions tours , the other crucial units of the front row , backrow and half backs have not found any balance that make rugby players a team. In my opinion its the politics of test team selection that has held the Lions back and Gatland has had enough and has gone into "default mode" and selected what he knows . I'm not a fan of Gatlandball but I'm a big fan of Phillips - even my friends think I'm one-eyed when it comes to Spikey.

I'm still backing the Lions on Saturday.

p.s. thanks slick for being so polite in your post- even the thread title is wry
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Np's Traeth, as soon as I saw the title I knew what was to come lol.

I'd have done something similar if there were so many English players in the team, if anything I agree with what you posted and it's a testament to how good the Welsh are doing at the moment, Gatland is sticking to what and who he knows best but he has a good argument for every player he has selected.
    BOD is not the player he once was and his defensive quality may be missed but there was a time when he had a lot more to his game than that.
    If the Lions get beat it won't be down to BOD not playing but a mutlitude of Injurys that have lad up to this match, I'm expecting the Lions to get beat but won't be blaming Gatland dropping BOD as the reason why.
  6. 4PP

4PP Member

I believe you're a league man slick, it shows :cool: .

Gats has panicked, end of. Just not up to the job. There are many shirts where honestly its a toss of a coin, lots of good players in & out of the team, has to be said. However in the key roles, well............. Nevermind, it won't change any of our day to day lives now will it?.
    A pity such a great institution like the Lions has been dragged down by one mans weakness. You said above he had "balls", thats the problem, he doesn't.

Win or lose his dropping BOD will not be the reason, he's just been shite (tactics/management) through-out.

traeth, got to agree with your mates about "Spikey" lol! he couldn't even hold down a first team spot in Bayonne ffs, no wonder they are looking at you bizarrley :D

BOD sure isn't the player he once was, but even on one leg he's still a better player than Tugs or JD ever will be.

Anyway, fingers crossed the Lions win despite Gats incompetence & in the meantime have a look at this, even Gats would have to smile!

Cheers lads

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-youtube-parody-set-to-go-viral-29392617.html
  7. traeth

traeth Moderator

Gat's incompetance has been his willingness to listen to the other coaches in the other two tests.

I hope all the disenters will congratulate Gatland after the win . They are ready with the "I told you so" if they lose and " they did it in spite of his selection" if they win.

I don't think that Gatland has smiled since the Irish sacked him. The only way to make him smile would be having BOD on the bench and not giving him a run out in the final test. It's the doubt about Roberts fitness that has stopped him trying it out.

Phillips to score a try to take the Lions 8 points ahead looks on the cards for me
  8. 4PP

4PP Member

Snowballs chance in hell of that happenning :D

& they'd be dead right, glad you've seen the light :cool:

Under 39.5 & Rhino's +4 for me......................

PS: Rumour mill suggesting somebody "shot JR" & he may not play.......................bookies playing silly buggers??........
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Aye I'm a league man Snods and only watch the big Union matches but just saying what I see, I bow to your superior knowledge where individual players are concerned, I was just adding my two penneth worth but I'll fcuk off now lol.

As an outsider looking in I suppose it's a lot easier to judge selections on a match to match basis because I don't know the politics of the game , I just see who seems to be playing well and who's not without knowing the players history at club level.
    I've seen enough of BOD over the years though to know he's nowhere near the player he once was.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

lol, when I saw Under 39.5 & Rhino's +4 I thought wtf's he going on about Leeds for, have I missed summat.

I'll go along with that though as It's similar to the score I have in my head, Aussies low 20's , Lions low to mid teens.
  11. traeth

traeth Moderator

Slick ,the Irish cannot see any wrong in BOD , the rest of can, he was put on his arse in Cardiff in 2005 by Henson when we won the Slam and has struggled against the Welsh since , this year's first half being the very rare exception.
    His leadership qualities at international level is one grand slam in 13 years when Ireland had their golden boys!

In last week's test JD had to cover for both Sexton and BOD , which resulted in the gap for the Aussies try , which cost the game .

p.s. I'm off out for a few beers now, I'll see you tomorrow
  12. 4PP

4PP Member

I'll assume you had a few tinnies before heading out traeth old man. You know better than what you've posted. You are a better rugby man than that.

JD fucked up against AshC plain & simple, a deer in the headlights caught totally flatfooted, the world & his granny knows it. Its not the first time either.
    Your comment above is pure nonsense. BOD 23 tackles, none missed. As for Sextoy, petulant he can be but he's not "revolving door ROG". Few get past him.
    Whatever faults players have BOD has not been found lacking defensively. Offensively? well if you don't get no ball you can't attack a lot now can you. Not to mention the 'refs bizarre interpretations. As he's got older (& slower) he has developed a highly effecient game at the breakdown, however that was snuffed out by refs who don't know the rules. You & I both know he would never have been pinged in a H Cup game for his play at the breakdown.

Henson???? clutching at straws there traeth, bar a carreer as a full time metrosexual interspersed with the odd five minutes of rugby the chap is a basket case at best. The closest thing he came to a "good move" was Charlotte Church!

As for Irelands "Golden Boys". True, best generation in a long time, but still at best the fourth sport in a tiny country.
    & True NZ & Wales aren't huge either but outside of Sheep- Worrying & mining what is there? not a lot.
    Rugby is well down the ladder on the green Island. I'll stand corrected but I'd say 3/4 of the population never get near a rugby ball growing up bar what they see on the box.

JD is a good pro', he fits a limited game plan but thats about it & he is weak defensively. To claim he is as good as a declining BOD is just daft. You know it in your heart of hearts.
    I'm sure he'll do his utmost on Saturday, as will all the lads. I've no beef with him. They'll all give it socks. I hope they win.

But Gats fucked up, again. He's just not a high level coach. I don't believe that crap about him wanting to pay back the "IRFU" or not liking some post match comments.
    He has just lost the plot so he sticks as many of the lads he knows on the pitch in the hope it works out. Planning inexistant, Desperation patently evident.

Anyway, If is was just the "Oirish" complaining I'd say you have a point.

But its across all the divides of home nations, SH, NH everywhere, even the French can't believe he has been deemed surplus to requirements!

Oh & btw I've been over 2 decades in the land of frogs & snails, blinkered by home based press I am not.

@slick

LOL my man!

"Rhinos" was down to the Welsh style of play, you don't run "around", you run "over" :p More akin to your sport than Union!
    I agree BOD is not the same player he was, he has lost pace, but like in many a sport you can't beat experience.
    Take soccer, old defenders get slower but that doesn't matter, they know where they have to be.....& get there......experience. It counts.

Anyway, I stand by what I said. Player that he was or wasn't, BOD out of the squad is lunacy, or panic if you prefer.

Now, lets hope the buggers win the bloody series despite all the fuck ups. If there is one thing I can't stand more than an arrogant Butchers Apron its an arrogant bloody SH type :grr

Go Li...........Rhin...............euh Taffs...................ahh, you know what I mean :cool:
    winrew likes this.
  13. 4PP

4PP Member

winrew likes this.
  14. 4PP

4PP Member

15 minutes in & its 3-16!

not looking good for the unders but okay for the + 4lol!

As it turns out with or without BOD makes no odds, Gats is only using ten men, No's 11 to 15 of no importance in play. (1/2p for the kicks mind)
  15. 4PP

4PP Member

ht 10-19

Lions over 23 pts @ 1/3 = free money if such a thing exists

over 27@ 10/11 worth a lump too!
  16. 4PP

4PP Member

Hehe, that worked out well!

Well done to the players!

(no traeth, i don't think warren deserves any credit :p)
  17. traeth

traeth Moderator

It was down to the pack , especially the front row .

Well done to all the squad and Gatland for his selection!
  18. slick

slick Administrator

What a hero Gatland is lol:p

I didn't expect that from the Lions, as Traeth says the pack was immense and this time they had a ref who was on their side in the scrum down,in the earlier tests those decisions seemed to go the other way.
    After the Aussies clawed it back either side of half time I thought the writing was on the wall for another series defeat but the Lions came storming back and did 'Rhino' them, It was like two wins for the Lions in one match.

Anyhow I better get back to watching some proper rugby as Wakefied v Widnes are on the box.