1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Welsh Premier League 15th Sept

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by traeth, Sep 12, 2012.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

this weekend's odds from Coral

Bangor v Afan Lido 1.29 5.00 7.00
    Carmarthen v The New Saints 5.50 4.00 1.44
    Connah's Quay v Aberystwyth 2.20 3.50 2.63
    Llanelli v Newtown 1.44 4.00 5.50
    Port Talbot v Airbus 2.00 3.40 3.00
    Bala Town v Prestatyn 2.38 3.50 2.38
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Please don't anyone mention TNS when they've just fucked up twice at odds on:lol
  3. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

One game stands out to me straight away which is Connah's Quay to beat Aber. Connah's Quay have started their time in the WPL brilliantly and look like a side enjoying the honeymoon period following promotion. They have won three games out of four so far, with the other game being a respectable 2-1 defeat away to Bangor in a close game. They have been playing well and I don't honestly think there's much of a difference in quality between lesser WPL sides and the better sides in the Huws Grey Alliance (2nd tier) as shown by Rhyl and Cefn Druids' performances in the Welsh Cup last year, so perhaps we shouldn't be surprised. Aber meanwhile have been abysmal. Everything traeth and others have said about the manager's ineptitude seems to be evident from this season's performances. They are bottom, yet to win and have conceded 15 goals in 5 games. They lost the last game 0-5 at home and the one before 7-1 away. In both games they were shocking. I think the odds are wrong across the board. Odds greater than 2.1 suggest the bookies think Aber are the better side and on current form I disagree. Best price is 2.38 with Stan James which is what I've taken, with medium stakes.
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

hi pg , I'm in agreement with you about Connah's Quay and at a decent price.
    Here are my thoughts about this weekend's games for what they are worth.

Bangor v Afan Lido
    This looks like a home win to me and everyone else at that price

Carmarthen v The New Saints
    Its been a long time since TNS lost to Carmarthen , 2008 in the cup , and I can't see them losing to them again even though their last two results havn't been their best .

Connah's Quay v Aberystwyth
    I'm in agreement with pg here and will be backing the home side.

Llanelli v Newtown
    Both sides have had a similar start to the season with only one win and two draws.
    Llanelli seem to having a hangover to their financial problems and the rumours that abound. Llanelli held TNS to 0-0 draw last week.
    Newtown's started really well with a draw at Bala Town and produced a comeback to beat Bangor 3-2 at home.
    It's got to be a home win but no bet at those odds.

Port Talbot v Airbus
    Port Talbot had a great 5-0 win at Aber last week after punter decided to be a fan of theirs.
    Airbus have had a couple of wins but lost 3-2 to Bangor last week after gifting them three early goals.
    This match I'm finding difficult to predict , could be a draw but not backing that in this league.

Bala Town v Prestatyn
    I was expecting Bala Town to do well this season but they have had a poor start and are yet to win.
    Prestatyn have started well and are equal top of the league on points , which is down to their home wins. Their dropped points were due to a loss at TNS and a draw at Llanelli , a record many clubs would accept at those grounds.
    When will Bala Town come good? The answer to this question has me holding back on this one.

my bet this weekend is pg's selection , did you see what I did there?
    pg_yid likes this.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

"Port Talbot till i die, Port Talbot till i die, i know i am i'm sure i am Port Talbot till i..."

I'm on em this week Traeth, 5/4 available, on the drift though :unsure
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

good luck with your bet punter
  7. traeth

traeth Moderator

today's scores

Bangor 4 - 1 Afan Lido ...comfortable win
    Carmarthen 0 - 0 TNS ...TNS failed to score for their third match , they scored in every game last season
    Connah's Q. 1 - 2 Aberystwyth ...another betting loss for me
    Llanelli 0 - 3 Newtown ... Llanelli had two players sent off
    Port Talbot 4 - 4 Airbus..Port Talbot led 3 times before Airbus equalised , unlucky punter

score at h.t. , game still ongoingBala Town 1 - 2 Prestatyn
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers traeth, i couldn't bloody believe it!