1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Welsh Premier Oct 3th/6th

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by traeth, Oct 4, 2012.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

these odds from bluesq

Fri, 5th of Oct, 2012
    19:30 Aberystwyth v Afan Lido 2.10 3.40 2.87
    19:30 Bangor v Bala Town 1.40 4.00 6.50
    19:30 Port Talbot v Carmarthen 1.75 3.40 4.00
    Sat, 6th of Oct, 2012
    14:30 Airbus v Llanelli 2.37 3.25 2.60
    14:30 Newtown v Prestatyn 2.80 3.25 2.20
    15:45 Connah's Quay v The New Saints 6.00 4.00 1.44
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

here are my thoughts

Friday
    Aberystwyth v Afan Lido
    The bottom two clubs play each other , Mark Jones the Lido striker has been in fine scoring form but their defence is poor .
    Could be a game for the overs as Lido has been involved in high scoring games with their last three matches been losses of 3-2 , 6-4 and 4-1
    Aber lost 5-1 last weekend to Airbus. I'm giving this one a miss.
    News from welsh-premier site
    That must be the signal to back the away win!

Bangor v Bala Town
    Bangor third in the league only one point behind the leaders.
    Bala Town had a poor start to their season but have won their last two matches.
    I can see Bangor winning but I don't see that price as value.

Port Talbot v Carmarthen
    Port Talbot suffered a 5-0 defeat to TNS last week.
    Carmarthen opened the season well with two wins but have yet to repeat the feat of winning since August.
    I can see a Port Talbot win , 1.87 is available with victor.
    Will that interest punter their number 1 betnod fan ?

Saturday
    Airbus v Llanelli
    Airbus have taken a bit of time to get going but they now have their scoring boots on having won their last two matches 5-1 and 7-1.
    Llanelli's problems have made them inconsistant this season.
    My head says Airbus win but my gut feeling is that Llanelli are not as bad as their results this season.
    I'm on the fence at the moment but someone needs to persuade one way or the other,

Newtown v Prestatyn
    Newtown have a lot of younsters who play decent football but are easily rattled due to their inexperience.
    Prestatyn equal on points with the leaders TNS at the top of the league due to their excellent home form.
    Their only defeat this season was at champions TNS.
    Prestatyn win for me

Connah's Quay v The New
    Newly promoted Connah's Quay have started well this season but were well beaten by Prestatyn last week.
    TNS had a blip in form at the beginning of last month , they have won their last two home matches 5-0 and 3-0 . They are not the same team away from home but still see them winning this one but that price is poor .
  3. mijosim

mijosim Member

Will skip this round.Bangor and TNS should win but i dont like odds on them.
    Airbus-Llanelli can go either way.Agree with traeth,Llanelli isnt that bad.
    Port Talbot i am interested but would like a bit better price.
    Games are tough to call.I think i will be with hockey this weekend .
  4. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

I really like the over 3.5 in Newtown vs Prestatyn @ 2.33 (Betsafe).
    I think with Parkinson and Price Prestatyn will score a lot of goals this year, and this has been the case so far this season. Their games have averaged 4.25 goals so far, whilst Newtown's average is even higher (4.5). Newtown play some good football and have been an attacking side who also concedes a lot for this season and last. Last year they were the most overish side in the league, with a season long average of 4 goals per game. In midweek, Newtown's game versus Afan Lido finished 4-5 whilst their last league game ended with a 2-3 away win, again versus Lido. In this game they were appalling defensively if memory serves me correctly from watching the highlights. I really see goals in this fixture and would price over 3.5 at odds on. I've gone a fairly large stake.
  5. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

I also like the 3.55 available at Marathon Bet for Afan Lido to win at Aber. It seems a little too high, but I am restricted to £1.57 on that game with them so no good to me personally.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nearly but not quite for me this week with THE MIGHTY PORT TALBOT traeth :)

Tempted with Airbus though and for some reason they are blue across the board, with the draw and Llanelli very much on the drift on Oddschecker.
  7. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

Yeah I was tempted by Airbus as well. I guess it is a difficult game to predict as Llanelli have got the talent, they just have off the field problems as well. It could go either way but if I had to bet I would side with Airbus for sure.
    Punter likes this.
  8. traeth

traeth Moderator

I'm backing Port Talbot tonight , hoping that they will bounce back from last week's heavy defeat at champions TNS
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Ahh ya buggers, you've got me in.

Trixie @ BetVictor..

Port Talbot @ 5/6
    Airbus @ 13/10
    Prestatyn @ 6/5
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good start, i knew THE MIGHTY STEELMEN wouldn't let me down! (well maybe a small doubt on 67 minutes).
  11. traeth

traeth Moderator

12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Thems the breaks i guess traeth :hissyfit

I made a whopping 7p profit on the two that won :lol
  13. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

I have taken over 3.5 in the Llanelli vs Afan Lido league cup game tonight @ 2.5 with William Hill. As Traeth said on this thread, Lido's games have had loads of goals in them this season. Their last league cup game ended in a 4-5 win (!) whilst Llanelli won 5-2 away in the last round. Llanelli are not as high scoring/conceding as Lido but have had some high scoring games in the league as well, and with the mood around the club (manager said he's not certain the next league fixture will be fulfilled, or so I read) I think this could be a crazy, high scoring game, especially with one or both teams possibly resting players.
  14. traeth

traeth Moderator

great call there pg , I don't trust clubs in this cup so I avoid it

Bala Town 6 - 1 Bangor (3 - 0) ...Friday Bangor totally outclassed Bala Town
    Bryntirion 1 - 2 Carmarthen (0 - 2)
    Llanelli 6 - 3 Afan Lido (2 - 0) :beer
    Penrhyncoch 0 - 1 Airbus
  15. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

Thanks mate, yeah the league cup can be dodgy for betting, especially on 1x2. It came right for me tonight but I think it's one of those competitions like the English league cup and Europa League which can be a punter's graveyard. Good call earlier on Prestatyn by the way.
  16. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

One more thing...any thoughts on Wales vs Scotland at the weekend??