1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

What are the downsides of Sports Betting Services??

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Josh Racrave, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Josh Racrave

Josh Racrave New Member

Can anyone help me out?
    I guess some of you have already one or two football betting services.

What do you think are the best and worst?
  2. slick

slick Administrator

That's like asking how long is a piece of string because there are so many online bookies nowadays.
    Best to have a look in this forum to see what most of our members think...
    http://betnod.com/forums/betting-talk.2/

Personally I find if you stick to the main players like Bet365, Boylesports etc and Betfair for trading you won't go far wrong.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Seeing it to many times with bookies these days, i think Seen posted up a very similar conversation not so long back.

"PLAY OUR MACHINES INSTEAD!"

Greedy wankers, easy money.
  5. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I had no intention of posting on here today but I just had to defend Boylesports by way of some balance.

I can't go into too much detail as it only upsets the natives so,choosing my words quite carefully....

Because I only ever bet in season long accumulators, I usually lose money to most bookies over a season and end up netting a not insignificant % of my bank from one bookie.Or hopefully two,ha.

And it just so happens that I have a ridiculously high % profit record with Boylesports by pure chance.

Yet they still lay me pretty much what I want.

Now you may say sure that's because I'm a (lucky) mug as far as they are concerned.

But Coral limited me to just £10 only 2 weeks ago,Paddy Power won't lay me anything on an acca and of course I'm banned from Betvic and Skybet and Stan James as I've mentioned before.

But not only that ,a couple of years ago Boylesports deliberately paid me out a not insignificant amount of money in circumstances where,according to the letter of their rules,they need not have done.

I can't go into detail here but if anyone did want to know more they can pm me.

I do of course realise that horse race punters have big problems getting on.

But football is the main thing now and thus that's how I for one judge bookies.

Cheers
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

So, it summary - for the OP - If you want to tie your money up in season long accumulators, Boylesports are probably fine. If you want more than 50p each way on a horse that actually has a chance of winning, they are to be avoided because they aren't really bookmakers. By definition, a bookmaker takes bets.
  7. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Well,a couple of things,I have more than a passing interest in this subject and have even bought and read a book called 'Speaking in Forked Tounges' by a couple of northerners( well from your part of the world) - see YouTube- who are campaigning on this very subject.

And it's not just Boylesports is it?

My understanding is that they are smaller than most well known bookies? If they were a big bookie then I would be more understanding of the exasperation horse race bettors feel.

As far as 'season long' accumulators is concerned I never got much of a chance to talk about what I do because I kept being criticised .

Had things been different I might have got so far as pointing out that one of the many things I've learned in 17 years of doing what I do is that there is an optimum time for beginning to place long term bets.

And I suspect that almost everyone would be surprised to know just how close to the end of the season that optimum time is.

Plus of course hopefully Boylesports in common with other bookies will eventually allow cash outs on long term bets.

But more importantly,

If you are betting purely to make money you should know that things change and you have to adapt.

If you don't you will fall by the wayside.

I don't care how much someone knows about horse racing,long term sports markets are so fucking easy to beat that anyone who refuses to learn how to do so ( if they don't already know) has no right to complain about bookies not being interested in taking money on a sport that increasingly they have little interest in accommodating,when they are more than willing to take money on those sports that,as I say, are far easier to beat.

Cheers.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator