1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

What have you bought lately?

Discussion in 'Tech and Info' started by slick, Apr 24, 2015.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Lol, that shows it's working, I thought you said it wasn't?
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I bought a Bluetooth lightbulb the other week from China while pissed up and forgot all about it, well it arrrived this morning lol, I can't remember why I bought the fcuker and now I have to justify it to Moans.
    I'm just about to have a fiddle about with it, so I'll report back.
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

4. slick

slick Administrator

Had it for a while, comes part and parcel of the tvaddons package that comes with fusion , any newbie should be installing that first when they originally get an android box.

If you haven't done that then like Keggers says it's a must addon.
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I loaded mine up with fusion and tvaddons etc but maybe didn't realise it was there.

The ones i use most of the time are genesis, phoenix, uk turks and now this one.

Any other recommendations ?
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I loaded mine up with fusion and tvaddons etc but maybe didn't realise it was there.

The ones i use most of the time are genesis, phoenix, uk turks and now this one.

Any other recommendations ?
  7. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

If you want it mainly for sports, then I would advise you get Sportsdevil added to your box. Its fantastic for all sports, I watch NFL live games, darts and prem league games (but Phoenix is on a par generally for the prem league games).

Other sports ones are Operation Robocop, vdubt 25, stream engine, gorilla streams and Halow live, you can find how to add all them to your box via the seo michael website - but be aware they can work fora while, then suddenly stop working as they havent been updated.

You wont go far wrong with Sportsdevil, Phoenix and Uk Turks for sports though.
    slick likes this.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

OK the Bluetooth Bulb.

What can I say (hold on I better get a picture of it first so you know what I'm talking about) brb....

this is the little baby....
    [​IMG]

It even comes with a remote (that didn't work but I'll come to that later.

Anyhow the Bulb is great and Moans loves it in as much as I would have loved her bringing home a Tardis, she can't believe a light bulb can play music lol and it's pretty good quality too.
    Not only does it play music but it can light the room up in whatever colour you want, or even better flash or fade so you can have your own private disco (I actually think that was the prescursor to me doing my back in).

Everybody that has visited my house since me buying this 8th wonder of the world now wants one, I'm just sorry I didn't buy a lorry load of them because I'm pretty sure with it being Christmas I could have retired on Boxing day the feedback on the bulb has been that good.

Anyhow back to the remote, it comes with a wee remote so you can change the bulb to whatever colour you want or select a built in function like flash and fade and speed control, only problem with mine was that the cnut didn't work.
    I wasn't too disheartened though because I also bought two wee changey colour LED bulbs for the wall lights in the living room, they didn't have bluetooth or play music but for a couple of quid a piece I thought they would come in handy for Christmas plus they also came with a remote and low and behold it was exactly the same as my big bluetooth bulb remote and worked that bulb too.

Job done and Christamas here I come I thought until the day after when the wee wall light Bulbs fused the house and blew my dimmer light switch off the wall.
    I've since learned they are not 'dimmable' so it's probably my own fault but it did come as a shock at the time and cost me 20 quid for another double dimmable light switch.

So overall the Bluetooth lightbulb is great, it's only down fall is the 'white' light is not that bright so I wouldn't use it as a main light but shove it in a table lamp and it would make a great present for somebody.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sounds cool Slick. I might get one for my new pad. I'm going all mod cons. HP of course.

I actually went and bought, against all my wishes, a mobile phone this weekend. Well a contract phone. That's me signed up to Thirtyfuckingquid a month for the next 2 yrs.

People text too much, even when they are on unlimited minutes etc. I hate that as my fingers and thumb are uncoordinated and it takes me three hours just to reply with "Hiya!"

My mate pointed me in the way of a Samsung Galaxy A5, i've no idea if that was a good decision, i just want to throw it in the bin tbh.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

I'm on PAYG Punt because I don't use my moby all that much tell the truth, I Put a tenner on over 2 years ago and still have credit left lol.

Tuther half and the daughter are different beasts altogether though. for them I got them phones from China (some cracking phones to be had just as good as Samsung and Iphones) and shoved them on Giffgaff @ about a tenner a month each on a monthly rolling contract, job done.
    Punter likes this.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I like the samsungs punt. I'm on sim only as there is nowt wrong with my phone (samsung s4 mini) and didn't go for an upgrade.

Some of the phones are fucking massive nowadays
    Punter likes this.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm just adding a few bookies apps, Kegs.

They'll get fuck all done from me at work now lol

Is there any decent horse tracker apps out there to recommend?
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Footy on the Android box has been superb lately, a few plugins have been showing Premier League Pass with English commentary, I've been watching it using the robocop addon for Kodi.
  14. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Premier league pass is fantastic slick. A couple of times it's done a bit of stuttering but most of the time it's spot on. Cracking HD picture and not much delay either.

I think if your in New Zealand you can subscribe to it.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Thought I'd treat the wife to a new frying pan and ordered her this baby from Amazon..

pan.PNG

What a beauty and price lol, I never paid that mind I paid £12 from the Amazon
    warehouse.

Anyhow it turned up this morning and when the courier passed it over I thought 'this feels light', must be why it costs so much.

I put it on the dining table and went back to bed because it was about 7.30am and I was off work today, half an hr later the wife gets up for work, so I tell her there's a present on the table for you.
    'Is there' she replies, kiss kiss thank you and all that palava.

I'm thinking she's gonna come back up in a minute and hit me with the cnut lol
    But no, she shouts up the stairs 'WHAT THE FCUK DO I WANT WITH A SET OF DRUMS!!'

??Puzzled at this I get up sharpish and bob down the stairs, Amazon have only sent me these bad boys..

drums.PNG

Fcuk I didn't realise they cost that much:eek lol, I asked for a refund and they're collecting them tomorrow.

Anyhow she wasn't that pleased when I said it should have been a frying pan but in hindsight I should have burnt a hole in the bottom of one of those drums and sent them back saying 'these pans are shit'.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

17. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

2004 PIECE OF EXCREMENT SMART ROADSTER ONLY SELLING AS MY WIFE HAS LEFT ME!

***RELISTED***

We have decided to relist the car as it has gone so viral that we didn't think the bids were genuine. Also we've had a lot of messages saying we should give the car away to someone who needs it.

Well we thought... screw that we want a party with scotch and high class hookers so we decided to instead run a raffle using Go Fund Me so if you donate just £5 to the fund for our party we will choose one lucky donor (or unlucky as the car is a shitter) to receive the car. We have also decided to make a donation to a charity of the winners choice.

To visit the Go Fund Me page then please click here to make a donation!!

Please see below the original listing of the car and re familiarise yourself with the story.

10 months MOT

Selling as spares or repair as it has no service history

and it's basically ruined my life...

Please scroll all the way through this listing to see some enlarged photos of just how s*** this car is.

Welcome to my eBay listing for this absolute disgrace of a car, which is the only thing of any value I have left after my darling ex left me in ruins.

This ridiculous piece of German engineered campness would ideally suit any hairdresser/florist or person with little or no dignity. Unfortunately it does not suit me as I am 6"4 and 32 stone. I cant actually get in it without putting one of my legs in the passenger side and having the roof off.

I hate this car nearly as much as I hate my ex who I bought it for, and to be honest she didn't like it that much either so she took my car in the split.

Anyway, about the car.. It is a 54 plate Smart Roadster in black, with Targa roof. If somebody doesn't buy it, I'm going to take a hammer to it as it really is a shitter.. When I bought it for her from auction, the turbo blew up on the way home resulting in a cloud of white smoke that looked like one of those vaping twats who stands outside Wetherspoons and fills the whole street with fake smoke. It was a total nightmare, but a new turbo was ordered and it was taken to my local village garage to be fixed.

It took the goons at the garage nearly a year (yes a f****** year) to work out how to fix it during which time me and the ex fell out of love. Well actually that's a lie, she fell in love with her personal trainer who looks just like Beppe out of Eastenders (remember Beppe?). So she's legged it. I've now got the car back and my works van, and she took my car in the split.

I can not be seen driving this car, I have a reputation as a geezer to maintain, but actually, I physically can't drive this car, I look like Donkey Kong from Mario Kart. I'm worried that if I go to sit in it.. that it might actually just disappear up my arse crack never to be seen again.. so either way it has to go and if it's not gone in 2 weeks, I am going to abandon it the same way as I was abandoned because apparently some little muscley cross fit wanker with a goaty is now smashing my ex..

Apart from the new turbo it has had a service and new battery and fresh 12 months MOT which is great because it means you can have a whole year of driving around looking like a prize bellend before the car inevitably breaks in some catastrophic way again, hopefully resulting in injury. (because you'd deserve it for wanting to drive such a piece of absolute shite)

There is no warranty given with this car, as it has been fixed by men who frankly guessed how to do it and at one point rang me to tell me they had to "put the turbo on backwards if that was ok" and on another occasion "had to cut a bit off the engine to make it fit ok"

The car does still smoke a bit, but that's only on start up, or if you pull away from a junction, or if you accelerate hard in a straight line, or uphill. So basically drive it steadily on the flat and it stops smoking after a bit until you do anything different. It also sounds a bit rattley, my expert mechanics told me that it's "normal because these cars have shitty engines" and "the noise might be a screw or bolt they haven't tightened but they can't remember" which I'm sure will give you great peace of mind.

It might be a bit mouldy inside and it was quite damp (wet) inside as it sat uncovered with a badly designed cloth roof offering it's only shelter from the winter weather. It has no paperwork other than the V5 and Mot. It is very uncomfortable, in fact I'd describe it as like being in a little go-kart only without the element of fun, unless for you the fun is never knowing if the car will explode or something will fall off it?

You could buy this car for someone else as a gift, especially if you don't like them very much and you wanted them to leave you all alone and sad, as apparently that is the effect it has..

I intend to use the money raised from the sale of this car to commission the services of some hookers for a weekend of madness in our marital home, as well as buying lots of scotch whisky and lemonade to drink myself into a coma/early grave, so please don't expect to return the car a few days after the sale as I won't be in any condition to communicate, the money will be gone and if all goes to plan I will be too, not dead, I will have gone on a package holiday to Spain in search of more hookers.

Good luck with the bidding, please don't ask me any stupid questions, I've told you everything I know come and drive it if you want..

Keep scrolling down to see lots of enlarged photos of this wretched car...
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Howson's joined the bandwagon and has just purchased some let's say 'discounted wine', I'd like to say he's a full bodied Shiraz fella like myself but he has other tastes.

How's the Rosé Howson?
  19. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Its red isnt it? Not what im used to drinking to be honest mate, mrs drinks red wine, and shes just deciding whether to have the other 2 boxes youve got.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Is it fcuk red, It's proper Rosé @12.5% rather than the 6% blue nun blush you drink.
    Get it down your neck you soft @%&$.

The Red's 14% and completely different.

If the Mrs likes it then fair enough but tell her to try the red, I can easily clear the two extra boxes I got for you to somebody else.