1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Why are footballers such lying bastards?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Sep 8, 2012.

1. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I confess that Ive only just read ODMs original post properly-previously I got as far as Scotland v Serbia and fell asleep.
    And the actual question is,
    Why dont footballers deliberately build up a reputation as honest so that they may be able to inffluence the ref in really big decisions?
    Hope I got that right?
    Well,thats a question only pro footballers can answer,I would have thought, but you wouldnt expect a little thing like that to stop me having a go,would you?
    Presumably its cos they believe the effort is ultimately not worth the potential reward.
    Its actally HARD to be honest in a culture/society where many are clearly dishonest and percieved to be getting away with it.
    If being honest all the time(not just some of the time)was easy,it wouldnt be so much admired.
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I must confess that Ive only just read ODMs post properly-previously I got as far as Scotland v Serbia and fell asleep.

And actually the question he asks is,

Why dont footballers deliberately build up a reputation as being honest so as to be better able to effluence the ref in the most crucial decisions?Hope I got that right?

Well,thats probably a question only pro footballers can answer,but you wouldnt expect me not to have a go now ,would you?

Presumably they believe that it would be too much effort for questionable reward.

Its HARD to be honest all the time(not just some of the time).

If honesty was easy,it wouldnt be so much admired.
  3. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I think you have missed the point ODM was trying to make. I think you need to re read his post
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

No matter. I think I may have the answer to my own question (good job really as I'd be struggling if I was waiting for some of you fucking clowns to come up with anything half sensible:lol). hotspur, what the fuck have you been inhaling?

Anyway, I think the answer may lie in the fact that a lot of footballers:

A/ Are as thick as pig shit
    B/ Think that they are above the normal rules that apply to mere mortals

If you combine the two, you will find, not only the answer to the question that I originally asked, but also the answer to the question "Why do so many footballers appear in our papers and other media outlets on such charges as drinking and driving (death or injury optional) leaving the scene of an accident (death or injury optional) and attempted rape/ sexual offences (limelight seeking bimbo conjuring up false allegations optional) etc etc.

Put yourself in the centre of a football pitch in a live Sky Premiership match. You know how many cameras are on you. You know that every incident in this game is going to be analysed and counter-analysed at half-time, full-time and on match of the day and on every tupenny-ha'penny football internet site and forum. Why then, when someone brushes an arm across your chest, would you choose to grasp your face and crumble in a heap to the floor as if a truck had hit you?

Just how dumb have you got to be to think that nobody will see this happening? Or is it a case, as I'm suggesting, that you really don't give a fuck who sees what a complete twat you are because you're earning so much money that other people's opinions aren't worth a fuck?
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Suarez at it again. This time he's been caught and booked for diving. Hopefully it will cost the cheating twat a red later on.:thumb
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

7. winrew

winrew GILF

8. slick

slick Administrator

What Video?

Apart from that you cannot be a good sportsman after you have just admitted to cheating, the word 'soft cnut' springs to mind.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I didn't link a video because the first ones were all shitty, grainy efforts that some Iraqy teenager had taken on his iphone pointing at the TV. This is clearer but at no stage have I actually seen him own up to handling it.

It must have happened though because that universally acclaimed champion of openess and fairplay (the one who took a bung so that the world cup could be shown in some desert car park) Septic Bladder praised him on twitter.

Here's his quote. Strangely there is no quote saying how great Klose's manager thought his honesty was:lol

The veteran international forward scored in the fourth minute of Wednesday night's game but, after initially celebrating, he went to inform the referee that the goal should not stand, and it was then disallowed.
    The 34-year-old received praise from numerous plaudits for his honesty in the clash, which theBiancocelesti eventually lost 3-0.
    Blatter wrote on his Twitter account: "Bravo Miro Klose. With your gesture you have shown yourself to be a champion and a proper player."
    Inter midfielder Esteban Cambiasso also expressed his delight at the example the formerBayern Munich attacker set at the Stadio San Paolo.
    "We should praise the honesty of Klose," the former Real Madrid player told MediasetPremium.
    "We must honour this gesture. It is an example for all children to follow."
  10. winrew

winrew GILF

In public the coach praised him , behind closed doors , well who knows , especially as they went on to get stuffed..:lol
    Its not the first time Klose has done this , he done it in Germany in 2005 , awarded a pen and then told the ref that the goalie got the ball before the man ..
    Funny that its happened in one of the most bent / corrupt leagues in the world ..
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah, the Italians must wonder what the fuck planet he came from.
  12. winrew

winrew GILF

The difference between rugby players and footballers.

13. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Well, one footballer did play on (albeit only for a few minutes until he had a look and saw what had actually happened) with something similar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16338426
  14. winrew

winrew GILF

The words " split scrotum " are enough for me , i take my hat off to him ...
  15. winrew

winrew GILF

Meet the new Blackburn manager ...... Henning Berg :lol
    Punter likes this.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Anyone remember Michael Branch? Everton, Wolves and Bradford City?

Nothing to do with lying but another wanker who hadn't got a clue how to survive after football...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-20258433

17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Three Brighton and Hove Albion players and a Bournemouth footballer took photos while sexually assaulting a drunk teenager, a court has heard.
    The four players wanted to have "a permanent record of their conquest" after taking the woman back to their hotel room, the Old Bailey was told.
    It allegedly happened at the Jury's Inn Hotel, in Brighton, in July 2011.
    Anton Rodgers, 19, Lewis Dunk, 21, George Barker, 21, and Steve Cook, 21 deny sexual assault and voyeurism.
    Mr Rodgers and Mr Barker, both of Highview Avenue North, Brighton; Mr Dunk, of Woodbourne Avenue, Brighton; and Mr Cook, of Perth Road, St Leonards-on-Sea - who now plays for Bournemouth - were arrested by Sussex Police in January 2012.
    'Repeatedly taunted'
    On the opening day of their trial, Richard Barton, prosecuting, said: "This case concerns how a group of young professional footballers, intoxicated after a night out together celebrating a cup final victory, took advantage of a young woman, who herself was intoxicated and who was obviously in a vulnerable condition.
    Continue reading the main story
    “Start Quote

She was not in a condition to resist, give consent or prevent things happening”
    Richard BartonProsecutor

"After taking her back to a hotel room, they waited until she had fallen asleep, and so was unable to resist, and then sexually assaulted her in a deliberately humiliating way.
    "They compounded the humiliation by taking photographs of themselves doing so in order to have a permanent record of their conquest."
    The jury was told that the teenager, described as chatty and bubbly, did not tell police for six months "through fear of repercussions", and only did so after being "repeatedly taunted" about the incident by another footballer at the club.
    Mr Barton said although it had seemed alcohol had played a part in the events of that night, it was not a case of a drunken young woman who did things when drunk that she later regretted.
    "This is a case of a group of men taking advantage of a woman who through a combination of drink and tiredness, ended up unconscious.
    "She was not in a condition to resist, give consent or prevent things happening," he told the court.
    'No wannabe wag'
    He said the woman, who was 19 at the time of the alleged incident, now suffered from flashbacks which included waking up in a hotel room in a double bed with Mr Rodgers next to her, wearing only his underwear.
    Continue reading the main story
    “Start Quote

She was clearly mortified by what she subsequently found out had happened to her as she lay unconscious on that bed”
    Richard BartonProsecutor

Mr Barton said she asked Mr Rodgers if she could use his mobile phone to call her sister, and as she did she discovered "a whole series of photographs of a young woman wearing a pink dress... lying on a bed, clearly not awake and, in some of them, semi-naked men around her".
    It was then that she realised that the woman was in fact herself, the jury was told.
    "She has no recollection of these photographs being taken," he said.
    "She wanted him [Mr Rodgers] to get rid of the photographs but he simply laughed at her. He told her that these were nothing to do with her."
    "She is not a young woman who is a wannabe 'wag' but rather she was clearly mortified by what she subsequently found out had happened to her as she lay unconscious on that bed," he added.
    Mr Barker told the jury some of the defendants had accepted "something inappropriate did happen, but point the finger at someone else, denying their own involvement".
    "Sadly the truth is that they were in it together. They deliberately humiliated her and they did so for their own sexual gratification."
    The trial continues.