1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

World Cup 2014 Group B Betting

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 Betting' started by slick, Feb 21, 2014.

1. slick

slick Administrator

World Cup 2014 Matches
    Kick Off Match Home Draw Away
    13 June 2014
    20:00 Spain v Netherlands 2.05 3.30 3.60
    23:00 Chile v Australia 1.53 4.00 6.00

18 June 2014
    17:00 Australia v Netherlands 8.50 4.80 1.33
    20:00 Cameroon v Croatia 4.00 3.25 1.91

23 June 2014
    17:00 Australia v Spain 11.00 5.50 1.25
    17:00 Netherlands v Chile 2.20 3.40 3.10

Odds Betfred
    BeaBea likes this.
  2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Tim Cahill to be Australia's top scorer, 4/1 general. Tim is the Socceroos' all time top scorer, and their highest scorer in qualifying (I've read). I've not seen any of the Aussies' warm ups, but apparently he's looked the only player anywhere near good enough. Also some cover on no scorer at 4/1 too for a little profit, recognising Australia are easily the weakest in an otherwise decent group.
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm toying with have a big punt on Chile to beat Australia. I don't often get this urge but I cannot see anything other than a Chile win. I wish when the first odds came out that I had lumped on the as 8/11 was available and self pride us what's stopping me. I may play smaller stakes on -1 just to ease my betting urge.

I've been writing Holland off for the last couple of months but can't now seem to think they could possibly get a result tonight.

Help !!!!
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck Kegs.
    I'd hate to put you off the Chile bet as you might well of nailed it there, but as you're asking..i'm on a small trixie tonight and the only team i have down as winning is Mexico.
    I've chanced the other two games as draws.
  5. traeth

traeth Moderator

I'm in agreement with you keg regarding Chile .

I've got a large bet on a Chile/Uruaguay double .

Also considering Chile -1 @ 11/10 with paddies

Good luck all
  6. ThunderCelt

For the first game, I'm on Spain with small stakes at the general 5/6; I just think spain are stronger in all departments, although I'd been waiting to see if Costa starts as without I'd fear for their firepower.

I've also taken van Persie to be Holland's top scorer at Fred's 6/4. The only player I'd see as a threat to him is Robben, who will probably play too wide to get in as many positions as van Persie.
  7. ThunderCelt

Given my World Cup match bets so far, I can put you all off Chile by jumping on the bandwagon. Like everyone else, I think Chile will have enough, and I'm on -1 AH.
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

That theme slogan thing on ITV, 'Bra-sil, Bras-iiiilll' is fucking appalling!! Whoever thought that was a good idea needs their head examining :help
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

1 out of 3 for me, no good, draws have gone out of fashion ffs.

Nice one all the Chile backers, i was a million miles out with the draw call there and i thank Traeth and TC for backing Kegs call. I cant see them getting close to the final on tonights evidence but they were easy winners tonight. Good shouts.
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I think I woke the street up when they scored their 3rd. The first 30 minutes they looked awesome but looking back on it - it was the aussies that made them look awesome cause they seemed a bit starstruck.

you were a bit out punter but not as far out as I was about the dutch squad. That's threw a spanner in all my predictions comps that I'm in.
    Punter likes this.
  11. ThunderCelt

I got a bit of pleasure out of the third, too :dance

Like Punter I got one of three yesterday so I'm on a small loss so far. Although my three top scorers who played yesterday all netted which is a good start, but I don't expect that sort of luck to last.
  12. traeth

traeth Moderator

I started watching Chile down the local and I was cheering when they went two up .
    The other customers could not understand why I was supporting Chile , when I told them I had a bet nearly all the fuckers became Aussie fans.
    So I had to stay till the end and when that third went in I had a big smile on my face , only me and my mate stayed for a celebration drink.
    Those fuckers annoyed me so much I'm watching Uruguay at home
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

That's why i always watch the big games at home Traeth. I'm at a party tonight so it's the pub for tonights games but after that it'll be every game at home, hopefully.
  14. traeth

traeth Moderator

just been to fetch the bread and saw one of the fuckers and he said " great night last night, are you going tonight"
    I couldn't reply as I wished, standing in the queue in the bakers.
    Must be my fault after having a few drinks
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

Very much looking forward to the Spain v Chile game, hopefully both teams will go for goals, could be a cracker. Before that though, is it just me who feels 18.0 is way too big for Australia to beat Holland (and 7.2 for the draw)? Obviously Holland should be favs but the market has clearly over reacted to their 5-1 thumping of Spain, but surely that shouldn't be taken too literally? Australia were a bit unlucky not to get something v Chile and this could be a lot closer than those odds suggest.
    BeaBea likes this.
  16. ThunderCelt

A couple of punts for me on the Netherlands/Australia gam,e, neither particularly imaginative. Forst, Robben to be Netherlands top scorer at 13/8. I'm already on van Persie and they have two each; I'd expect only Schneider to stand a realistic change of matching them, and he's already trailing by two.

The other is Netherlands -1 EH (4/5, Bet365). I accept Spain were as bad in the first game as Holland were decent, but the Dutch are likely to see a lot of the ball and with their firepower up front I'd expect them to net a couple of times. Australia must be commended for their effort against Chile, but their end product is largely limited to Cahill's head. I can see the Netherlands being safe by the end.
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

So far, so good, Australia now 8.6 and the draw 3.45. Also on Australia / Tie on the Corners Match Bet market at 7.4 & 10.5 (now 2.28 & 4.4 with Australia leading 2-1) :crossfingers
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

Well that was a bit hard to take - at 2-2 Australia had a glorious chance to take the lead when their player chose to try and score with his chest when a header would surely have produced a goal, then Holland broke quickly and score with a 35-yard shot which should have been a routine save. Bah. Fine lines.

I did get the corners match bet up though (3-2 to Australia). Interestingly Holland have now won just 3 corners in 3 hours of football, despite scoring 8 goals.
  19. traeth

traeth Moderator

Spain played decent in the first half against Netherland but their second half was abysmal.
    I can't see that happening again to them.
    With a poor goal difference Spain have got to win this one .
    I'm going Spain -1 A.H.
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm going for goals, goals and more goals. Spain have got to go for it, Chile only know one way to play and that's to attack, both can score goals but both can concede plenty too (Chile's defence struggled in the air v Australia and Spain's back line fell to bits v Holland).

Cue the 0-0 :embarassed