1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

World Cup 2014 Semi Final Betting 8-9th July

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 Betting' started by Punter, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

1.PNG

So evenly matched that I'm probably going to change my mind several times before kick offs, but tonight i'm thinking of stats being broken and an all European final! Though i'd love to see the Argies make it.

I fancy the Germans against Brazil, with Naymar gone and Thiago Silva out i dont think the Brazilians would of been good enough anyway. Out of the two semi finals i think this one is probably the one i can call best.

Holland v Argentina looks even tougher to call, i'm hoping that Aguero comes in, i think they need this as they've not been overly impressive and need a change.
    I cant help remember the dutch tactics in the last world cup final too, dirty boring bastards so i want the Argies on that alone. Something tells me they will get another chance to put that right though. Hope i'm wrong here.

As things stand i'm calling 1-0 Germany and 1-0 either way in the other semi. Plenty of time to change my mind yet though.

What's your call?
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I think that Germany have been better than Brazil so far and I think that Argentina have shown an improved performance today which (although I didn;t see all of the Dutch game) could see them get the better of the Dutch side.

One thing i will be doing is back that dirty cheating diving but talented Roben to score.
  3. BeaBea

BeaBea BeaH

So far, i don't think Argentina has played against strong countries like Holland and is not only about those Robben's divings, we all know that this wc is only about divers (one is out- like Neymar) so, finally they have to prove that they can really play. As for Brazil, although i back for Germany i must admit they are faster and they might win in this game, i would go for Brazil and yellow cards, think that the referee is all in their favor (the one who failed to notice the Uruguayan's bite
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's better. I don't understand that post at all. Welcome back BeaBea:thumb. I back for Germany - I would go for Brazil and yellow cards? What?
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Germany and Argentina for me, both are going to be very close games though and a lot tighter than those odds suggest imo.
    I thought Brazil's odds would have been shorter considering home advantage, no Neymar and Silva I know but I'm quite sure Oscar could so a job in Neymars position and I'm sure Dante could fill in for Thiago.
    Can't see a lot of goals in either semi either although I hope I'm proved wrong.
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

I'll be backing Brazil for tonight's semi , I'm thinking that the home advantage with a Mexican ref with be a factor.
    The draw does worry me and I've been looking at the following alternative bets
    Brazil to qualify @ 1.90
    Brazil DNB @1.80
    Brazil 0 A.H. @ 1.875

I have this belief that Brazil perform better against european sides , the south american sides seem to know their frailities
    Neymar will be a loss but they do have good replacements. I have been disappointed with Hulk and Fred , it is difficult to believe that Brazil do not have better players than these two.
    My golden boot bet on Muller started well but finding the net in the last couple of games has been difficult for him.
    I think Ozil's performances have been poor giving possession away , I can't work out what Kroos does for the team. Neuer's antics have got to come a cropper soon.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've actually been quite impressed with him traeth, i didn't give him enough credit going into the tournament but i like what i've seen so far.

I have Messi @ 10/1 for Player of the Tournament, Rodriguez @ 5/1, Silva @ 40/1 and i added Kroos @ 100/1 earlier this morning. I'm obviously worried about Robben and one or two others though.

Hope you're right with the Brazil call :thumb
  8. BeaBea

BeaBea BeaH

What i wanted to say is that although i back for Germany i would bet on yellow cards in favor of Brazil, i know for sure there will be
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I think missing Neymar might actually help them play as a team and with home advantage and a south american ref in charge the 7/4 looks too big imo.

All the semi finalists have failed to show their true potential and although I would love to see both semi's finish 4-3 thrillers I just can't see it. 1-0 to either side.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

You had a good World Cup Kegs?
    I've backed Germany to qualify tonight @ Evs, but that's just to get closer to breaking even. I could really do with Brazil getting through for my name the finalists bet to come in.
    ThunderCelt likes this.
  11. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I'm with Punter on Germany to qualify. I think they've been slightly more consistent and a lot has been made of those missing for Brazil - rightly, I think.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Fucking hell, count your winnings TC :roll
  13. traeth

traeth Moderator

30 minutes gone and its 5-0

I got that wrong didn't I

Will they stop this early?
  14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Heatmap currently from Brazil v Germany

[​IMG]
    winrew and Punter like this.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

16. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

17. winrew

winrew GILF

Snigger ...
  18. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I don't suppose anyone had Germany on the -6 handicap?
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

Any odds on Scolari or Fred getting Escobar'd this week?
  20. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Maybe ONEDUNME could give us his views on whether the World Cup third place play off still retains any validity or whether in this era of rampant winner takes all capitalism the fixture is simply regarded by many as a redundant dead duck..