1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

World T20 Cricket

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by Hippy Dave, Mar 7, 2014.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Have laid the Aussies to win the thing and backed Pakistan to win it and also a separate bet to reach the final, based on the "experts"
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Sounds like he'll make it from what I'm reading, but yeah it's not certain by the looks of it. Was thinking of suggesting Ian Bell as top runscorer just to see Daves reaction :)
  3. Hippy Dave

Hippy Dave Member

May as well re-name England the Birmingham Bears, seems only Warwickshire players are in contention for call ups at the moment. Bell despite not playing any kind of T20 for 3 years. And Woakes despite continuously proving that he's not good enough for international cricket.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Funnily enough, I said exactly the same about Giles a few months ago. Whether you rate Bell or not, & he hasn't played a T20 for over 2 years & is only there for spin as a panic call, I remember him saying a couple of years ago how T20 was a different game for the younger players. They clear their front leg, he said, I've just not been brought up to do that. Panic call.

Thirimane, if Dilshan doesn't make it, @ 50/1. Top runscorer in the Asian Cup in Dilshan's absence
  5. Hippy Dave

Hippy Dave Member

Darren Stevens never playing a T20I just proves how inept England's management are in this format.
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

He'd be good him, he even knew the result before the game over in Bangladesh :lol
  7. Hippy Dave

Hippy Dave Member

I think you'll find he was cleared!

Thirimanne an interesting one, very good player, not sure he's suited to T20s and hasn't had a settled place in the order when he has played so far. Would be surprised if he opens even if Dilshan missing, but if he does he's certainly in good form.
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Well, they're talking of possibly Jayawardene otherwise, & I'm not sure I see that tbh.
    Steven's wasn't accused of match-fixing anyway, just not reporting an illegal approach? As you say he was cleared, but I enjoyed the joke anyway. Good player, mind you, particularly on slow & lows out there
  9. Hippy Dave

Hippy Dave Member

Jayawardene's opened a lot in the IPL, and opened in 23 out of 49 innings for SL, so would be the obvious choice.
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Mitchell Johnson ruled out of the tournament and been replaced by Doug Bollinger. Obviously his bowling is a huge loss, but they will also miss his hitting down the order
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Atherton makes an interesting point. There's only 7 tracks on the Mirpur square, & there's nothing to say that they're all 'game' tracks. The one on the end is cut down as if its been netted on or ready to use, & with 2 warm up games there tomorrow you'd imagine they'd be played on an end track. Todays wicket is central, but it is the host nation, & as long as they qualify, all there games will be there.
    Mirpur - 14 games plus 4 warm ups.
    Chittagong - 15 games plus 4 warm ups

Only 20 overs, but if you take 2 of them as roughly translatable to an ODI, that's quite a lot. It'll be ragging square by the end, with very up & down bounce. Somebody could go very cheap somewhere
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Dilshan played in the warm up today that was viewed as his deadline, scoring 43. Happy with him @ 25/1
  13. Hippy Dave

Hippy Dave Member

Mixed results with my bets so far. HK lost and UAE aren't winning their group, but hopefully will get a decent chunk of that back as Khadka clear topscorer for Nepal with 1 game to go.
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Saeed ajmal never gone for more than 5 an over against Australia in Asia. I think Pakistan are too big for this game & spin will be there undoing, as Cricinfo points out, they've only faced orthodox stuff lately. Pakistan 7/4

Tempted by West Indies as well, but they play India a lot so theres not as much mystery for the with Narine & Bandree

Rain around again as well
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

australia looking old & battered, making 3/1 favouritism an utter joke. If they knock this 190-odd off I'll be amazed. Hogg, Hodge & Bollinger in the same outfield? Absolutely no chance. With Pakistans 4 spinners, the Aussies won't be within 25
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well they certainly made me panic
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

They did me too, but the 25 wasn't far out as it was about 17. look how well Maxwell batted 7 they still didn't get close, thats how far the batting has to dig out the bowling & fielding
  18. sattamatkagames

sattamatkagames New Member

Reading the updates and thanks for your tips.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
  19. slick

slick Administrator

No links thank you.
  20. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Told you Australia can't win this tournament, and Faulkner winding Gayle up...well, thats just stupid. He's only ever had one good game, & that was against us so it don't count :help

Had Windies @ 6/4, but thats after eventing, & Gayle @ 5/2, but that's doing it twice :embarassed

Whilst I'm doing it though, I'll admit I was heavily into Lanka yesterday :wasnme