1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Zorin

Discussion in 'Tech and Info' started by slick, Mar 14, 2014.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Anybody tried it?
    It's a linux operating system with a very similar shell to windows 7 but without a lot of the shit that comes with windows, it comes fully packed too with open office, gimp, media player etc etc; so once installed there's no need to add anything else really.
    I've been using at work for the last couple of months in a dual boot system with windows and not had one problem with it yet.
    I'm going to make it a dual boot jobby on my home lappy with windows 7 after this post

edit, while I was typing this post windows 7 fcuking rebooted on it's own (after updating itself) and b4 it got to reboot I decided to install zorin.
    LIke a silly cnut I managed to delete my main partition and have lost everything that was stored on my laptop over the last 4 yrs and like a cocky silly cnut i never backed anything up before I tried to install zorin, mainly because I installed it a few weeks ago on my works pc without a problem.
    I should have had more sense.

So now I have Zorin installed on it's own and stuck with it because I never used the backup facility on my lappy when I it bought and ran windows 7 for the first time.

losing all my files and passwords is going to cause a lot of problems down the line but on the plus side I'm impressed by how the new forum software remembered my post up until the point my computer decided to reboot while I was typing it.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Fcukity fcuk, ftp details have gone too, thats a bastard as I was working on the new skin.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

One of those fcuking nights, just chopped off half of my left bastard thumb cutting up chicken for tomorrows curry, that much alcholol in my body the cnut won't stop bleeding.