• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Wed 17th August

beamer

Nott 3.30 Polperro 2.5 pts win @ 9/2 (trade out stake @ 1.71)

There was 5/1 availablel last night, but the 9/2 still looks decent.

Competetive race, especially the Cecil runner dropping from GP3 back to h/cap company.
However, although Poperro wears CP's, he has decent form running against decent h/cappers in maiden company. Last runs was fine and I expect him to take the lead and try and stretch the field.

If he happens to drift I'd be backing him again.

beamer

Had a bit of a hectic Morning, and already way behind schedule. Apologies in advance therefore for the lack of detail ( and probable spelling mistakes ). Will try to get back on later, but definitely going with the following :-

4:05 Nottingham - JOE STRUMMER - Took to the visor nicely and looks to need this step up in trip.

4:15 York - SATANIC BEAT - Won her maiden here in nice fashion and definitely looks to have a future. Should be OK from 9 and a chance in a massively open race.

5:55 Folkestone - YASIR - Strong middle distance pedigree and should go well if fully wound up.

6:50 Bellewstown - CHOCOLATE HILLS - Has always looked the type to progress and should be making his mark today, on this his 4th start.

EACH WAY SHOTS

3:05 York - GENIUS BEAST

1:50 Nottingham - RUSTY ROCKET - ( 66's, so tread carefully )

Also picking out 3 for the 2:00 at York. High numbers for me, but as always at York you can never be sure. Worth watching though, with the rest of the week's sprints in mind -

FITZ FLYER
SILAAH
SHROPSHIRE

Nott 4.35 Ninfea 1 pt w&P @ 8.4 2.48

Weak race dropping back in trip, down the h/cap and market support.

beamer

5.35 Hereford
I think the fav Dean's Grange has a cracking chance here, seems to need a sharp 2m like he gets today and cheekpieces seemed to help get him home last time. He does seem to be a short runner so I'll definitely be putting in some lays at short odds.

Can't have Tyup Pompey as this horse has done all of his winning in the months of April and May off lower marks and carrying low weights, whereas Schumpters Lad looks nothing special and a weak finisher and Piment D'Estruval is surely in the handicappers grip. The other two are badly out of form.

Back Dean's Grange @ 2.44 - try and lay in-running @ 1.21, 1.11 and 1.05

Dean's Grange drifted badly in the last couple of mins right out to 3.2 and ran accordingly - very flat in 3rd.

Only just got back in, so missed most of the action. 2 more for tonight and they are as follows :-

8:10 Hereford - ANTONIUS LAD - Sire was decent on the flat over shorter, but enough in this one's pedigree to make me hopeful over the trip. The Webber stable had a jumps winner yesterday and does have a decent record in this sphere. 20's is a touch too big IMO.

8:20 Bellewstown - BORN OT EXCEL - Bit of an old favourite at mine and whilst not favoured at the weights, I do believe him to be better than his current mark. Will struggle if the FAV runs to his mark, but the race lacks strength in depth and this one could easily sneak a place.

Nott 3.30 Polperro 2.5 pts win @ 9/2 (trade out stake @ 1.71)
3rd @ 6/4. Stake returned.

Had to listen to commentary of race and was concerned from the moment he never got the lead. Beaten a total of 6.5 lengths, I was amazed to find my in running trade was matched ( went down to 1.36). Broke even on race but I'd have probably traded before the race having gone so short.

Still not seen the race but it looks like there was plenty of early pace up front with the hold ups finishing 1st & 2nd. It may be they went too fast early on, looking at the time, but the times were poor for the whole meeting with the ground reprorted as fast ?

Nott 4.35 Ninfea 1 pt w&P @ 8.4 2.48
Unplaced @ 5/1. 2 pts loss.

Given a confident ride at the back, but it was a slowly run race, which didn't help and met some trouble when the race was lost.

beamer

OK day for me with RUSTY ROCKET 3rd @ 100's and CHOCOLATE HILLS winning nicely at 5's. With the exception of YASIR, all the others ran well, with JOE STRUMMER 3rd, SATANIC BEAT 5th ( 4 Places ), GENIUS BEAST 4th ( 3 places ) and ANTONIUS LAD 4th ( 3 places ). I thought the ride on Antonius Lad was a touch negative and would expect to see him closer to the pace next time. Satanic Beat seemed to get stopped a furlong out and certainly had to switch. Did not cost her the race, but would certainly have placed.

Well done Samoan.

I couldn't believe why Satanic Beat was never given 4th by the Stewards. On The Hoof veered right across it, then beat it by a sht hd. Why there was no stewards or objection baffles me, as it appears interference only matters on a winner.

beamer

Back