1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Fabio gone.........

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by winrew, Feb 8, 2012.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

No RC, I read it right, & thats exactly what Ive agreed with. If you were only allowed to appoint your own nationality I would have no problem with that, the point I'm trying to make is that if you want to improve under the current rules, appoint the best manager, not just because hes English
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Chill, you havent won your tie yet :unsure Desktops are much harder to throw & should be essential tools for arguments :lol

See thatys where we disagree, i believe with the players avbailable that no English manager would have done a better job than Sven or capello, as I believe there simply isnt one good enough
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol

Yeah we disagree Swoop, no probs, we are all entitled to our opinions and i respect yours even though its wrong :)
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Long live the Queen n all that :)
  5. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

What happened in 2010 world cup?

Quite fucking simple you think the side is fucking better than what it is when its not we were lucky to get out of the bloody group and didnt deserve to and dam right got thrashed by a much superior football nation than us! I cant believe people actually think we have a good national side we dont at all were SHIT fuck i reckon Ireland will do better at the Euro's than us and thats with Spain in their group, you know why? They have pride and fight for there country our players roll over and get there arse hole's licked the sooner this nation realise were fucking shit and not going to win anything the bloody better fed up with idiots i know saying were going to win were not Spain would thrash us in the Euro's who we will no doubt meet if we manage to get out of the group
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Leave Winrew out of it :unsure

Now, Punter, that was petty :lol
    Punter likes this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Doesn't matter who we have in charge as we're still shit, what pisses me off is the FA paying astronomical amounts of money in trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, it just won't happen, it's not the coaching thats at fault it the fact we don't possess more than 2 or 3 real International class footballers.
    We might be able to pull the odd 'upset' out of the bag against a decent side like Germany, Spain, Brazil etc etc but expecting us to do it on a regular basis in a competition is just not going to happen.

The main problem we have now is the fact we have created 'prima donna' footballers who just aren't going to listen to any Tom, Dick or Harry , Well maybe harry lol but you know what i mean, this means we will always be looking for a 'big name' manager and the fact is there aren't many English ones.

I think Pearce will get the job on a temp basis and when the seasons over it will be passed to Rednapp, he won't come cheap though and it will end up another £6mill a year thrown down the Swanee because were just not good enough.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sorry, say that again Yorkie?
  9. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

10. Yorkieacer

WERE SHIT AND WONT WIN ANYTHING
  11. winrew

winrew GILF

Every cunt in Engerland was wanting Keegan as manager , look what happened when he got the job !!
    Methinks far to many people read the Sun..

Despite what ALL the press think and the majority of blinkered Engerland supporters , we are not a great football nation any more .
    English footballers are by far the most obnoxious f**kers crawling the earth , Rooney tweeting

What the fuck has it got to do with that fucking clown who gets the job , deluded cunt !!

All this shit can be laid at the door of the FA and that bigoted fucker John Terry , in any other environment he would have been suspended until the outcome was known , the Chelsea lawyer even got the trial delayed because it was inconvenient to have it during the football season , more fucking arrogance again ...
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Fair enough, you want the best for the England team regardless of the consequences to the concept of international football. I think it just feels like cheating though. Dangerous slope to go down as well, the logical step after that will be that you can pick and choose players as well as managers, and before too long you'll no longer be watching England v Spain in the World Cup, you'll be watching Man Utd v Barcelona in the World Super League, because there will no longer be any difference between club football and international football.

And I know I've not been accused of this myself, but seeing as one of the arguments often used against those in favour of England being managed by an Englishman is that they're nationalistic "Little Englanders" - I'd say my circumstances make me one of the more "Europeanised" (is that a word?) Englishmen on here, so it's not just Little Englanders that are arguing the case of the English managers.

And for what it's worth, even sticking to English managers, I still wouldn't appoint Redknapp, I'd go with Roy Hodgson.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Fine, but at least lets be English about it.
  14. winrew

winrew GILF

god knows why the text size is all over the place ...:unsure
  15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

16. Yorkieacer

Spend the fecking money and improving the kids we have at a young age, teach them technical football like Spain do dam its taken them 10 years or so i read to start right from the beginning and there reaping the benefits now, our players are so over rated to shit, Carrol was the next big thing last year just for scoring a few goals for Newcastle now he's a drunken wreeck, fat past it useless piece of shit (who has improved since shitrez has been out)

Our culture is crap over here the players would rather go out and get drunk and shag about than thinking about there football crap team, crap players, wont win anything WERE CRAP
    winrew likes this.
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I didnt call anyone a little englander :unsure I did have my pride questioned though :wasnme

I think we're losing the thread actually. My whole argument is that I feel the next manager will be appointed, as McLaren was, for the wrong reasons. It is the players, & possibly the FA's fault that we arent good enough, not IMO the foreign managers. I dont want an argument, I'm just clarifying my argument in writing

I would feel an awful lot happier without Yorkie jumping on my side, however :unsure
  18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Hold on, this is the bloke you backed to score 2 goals on monday in the competition, yeah ? :unsure
  19. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Sorted, i'm back on me own :naughty

This does feel a little like the internet equivalent of Rorkes Drift :unsure
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sorry Swoop, i do love you and i'm sorry if that comment irked.