1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score 2018/19 - Paid Entry

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by slick, May 14, 2018.

1. newman200

newman200 OTC

Just to get it straight in my mind. [For my spreadsheet presentation]
    Have we come to any decision for eliminating two players in Champions League or we going by Rc's suggestion.
    I agree with him GW27 [FA Cup week] should not be the deciding week but perhaps scores from those five games can be combined with scores from GW28 to eliminate two players.

Thanks
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Think you've misunderstood me, Newman. I do think GW27 should be the deciding week. The rules say the tie-break will be held in the following game week, which is GW27 in this case, I can't see any logical reason to change that from GW27 to GW28.

At the end of the day, it's just a tie-break to separate any players that are on the same score, nothing more. Obviously the more games there are, the better the chances of separating the players, but 5 games gives plenty of scope for separating them (and it still leaves the opportunity, if there are still 2 or more players tied), to use GW28 as a further tie-break).

My vote would go to GW27 being used.
  3. newman200

newman200 OTC

I'm happy just with GW27.

BTW perhaps I'm misreading rules but is GW28 redundant?
    "(In the event of a tie in the league or in the semi finals a head to head in the following gameweek, will decide who goes through. In the rare event of a further tie here, it would be decided by who sits highest in the BPL league at present time, as it would should the final be a tie)".
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Yes, you're right Newman, if we're going by the rules, then GW28 wouldn't come into play.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Totlally agree with RC.
    It makes sense to make GW27 the deciding week and if anybody is still level after that I'd say we use GW28 as another decider while its a free week but as rules are rules then it's who sits highest in BPL I suppose as Newman mentions.
  6. newman200

newman200 OTC

Gameweek 27

upload_2019-3-17_19-53-9.png
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    rcgills likes this.
  7. traeth

traeth Moderator

well done greatguess
  8. slick

slick Administrator

He's had some stick for the last fortnight from Howson over some rather obscure picks and late goals going in his favour:lol
  9. newman200

newman200 OTC

10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

First leg of the Champions League semis this week, isn't it? Good luck, Newman :beer
  11. newman200

newman200 OTC

It is indeed.
    I have already added this Comp to my regular spreadsheets.
    Good luck to all four of us.

BTW I notice that you have gone into early lead with use of Bonus.
    My Bonus tw is still to be played on Chelsea/West Ham match.
    Daft I know: London derbies usually end as draws and I have Chelsea to win :ohwell
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I was between Leicester or Chelsea for the banker bonus, ended up going with Leicester. I'll still be backing Chelsea to win tomorrow but given what's at stake, I wouldn't now be too disappointed if they don't actually win!
  13. slick

slick Administrator

I'd expect most narrowed it down to Leicester or Chelsea with Leicester being the riskier bet as it's away from home albeit a x 3.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see most of us dipping tomorrow (Monday) on Chelsea but out of the two it seemed the safer bet imo.
  14. newman200

newman200 OTC

15. slick

slick Administrator

Thought a few more might have been on Leicester tonight with their BB as it must have been on quite a few peoples shortlist but it looks like only Cleggy and Villamick have succumbed.

I'm fearing the worst now because every time Cleggy loses his BB every other bastard seems to lose theirs too.
  16. newman200

newman200 OTC

17. slick

slick Administrator

Have the CL semis finished yet?
  18. newman200

newman200 OTC

No.
    Check out my post on GW29 for full details.
    Semi's are GW29 & 31 [next week]
    with Final
    GW34
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Newman, the No will do lol.
  20. newman200

newman200 OTC

Sorry.
    I've re-read my post and yes it came across as unintentionally crass.
    My apologies to you.