• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Thursday 8th June

4.20 Uttoxeter - Halligator 7/2 (365,Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Like the look of HALLIGATOR in this one , consistent sort whose never been out of the first four home in his five races to date , and i think the fourth last time out was probably due to the fact that he was stepped up to 3 miles , back down to 2m4f today i think he'll appreciate that and we'll hopefully see a better showing. Is one from one here at Uttoxeter , over 2 miles , that came on his first start for trainer Kim Bailey back in June 2022 , and though he has never won / run at this distance before he did come second over 2m41/2f on his penultimate run at Huntingdon so i think he'll be okay. Kim Bailey sends just this one to the meeting and given his current form i think that thats worth noting , has a 75% strike rate over the last two weeks , whilst jockey David Bass gets the steering job and he too is here for just this one ride , has ridden the horse twice to date resulting in a place , he too has been firing in the winners with a 60% strike rate over the past fortnight , and over the last three weeks the pair have notched up a 57% strike rate when teaming up. Should go well and be making his presence felt.

8.50 Chelmsford - Topo Chico 10/1 (365)
Probably doesnt jump out as the most obvious choice in this but i really like the chances of TOPO CHICO in this Fillies Handicap. A few other come into this looking as though they could win but i think the selection can be forgiven its last run on turf when 14th of 16 at Newmarket , first go on turf this season and was running well before hand on the all weather , - 4,2,2,4 .. has yet to win a race (11 race maiden) but i honestly think that her time is nearer rather than further away , especially if she can pick up where she left off on the artificial surface. From her 9 runs on the AW she has placed 6 times so its rather obvious i think that she prefers it. On her sole run here at Chelmsford she came second , beaten a head and has placed 4 times from 7 outings over the distance. Joseph Parr not in sparkling form at the moment but his last coupla runners have both come second so maybe his lucks about to change. Harry Burns takes 3lb off and is here for just this one ride , has three places from his five rides to date. Bit of a risky one one the face of it , but i think the switch back to the all weather will hopefully bring about a better run and fingers crossed tonights the night she can finally get her head in front at a decent price.

8.10 Yarmouth - Harbanero Star 9/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
HABANERO STAR catches my eye in this one , comes into the race on the back of a sound enough second here at Yarmouth last time out over 1m 3 1/2f , dropped down to a distance shes won over before (CD) i think she can go one better , especially when you consider she seems to thrive round here with a win from two runs over CD and at the course as a whole she has three wins and five places from twelve runs , that leads me to believe that she likes the sea air here at Yarmouth. Runs off the same mark as she did when winning over CD last year , and has the cheekpieces back on this time around so im expecting another solid run tonight. Gay Kellaway sends just this one to the meeting , and whilst shes not in the best of form lately she has a 13% strike rate overall when sending her runners here. Claimer Luke Catton helps the cause with his 5lb claim , and he too is here for just this one , has ridden the horse once before (last time out) resulting in a second place. Think she can go close at a course she obviously likes.

7.40 Yarmouth - Dance Havana 14/1 (365)
I think DANCE HAVANA can go well here at a tasty price , despite being up against a Mark Prescott hotpot in Blindedbythelights. This is a classic example of how my mind works and how i (sometimes) try and work out what the trainers up to , usually get it wrong but occasionally i get it right and hopefully this is one of those times ! Has run poorly in her two outings this term it has to be said but has only five runs under her saddle so could improve on those yet , won a maiden here last year , her sole win to date , and im thinking that maybe returning to the scene of her sole victory could bring about some improvement. The main thing that caught my eye was the fact that trainer Alice Haynes sends just two the meeting and both are in this race , now on jockey bookings id say that her other runner (Ramz) is probably the main one but im thinking that it isnt and that the second string , the selection , is actually her favoured runner , one from one here at Yarmouth as ive said , never ran over todays distance so that maybe another thing that could bring about some improvement. Jockey Christian Howarth is good value for his 5lb claim i think , and hes here for just this one , rode the filly to her sole win on his only ride on her to date , as i said already trainer has just the two in this race here today and shes been doing okay lately with a 21% strike rate over the past two weeks. Probably wrong but i think shes worth a pop at the price.

3.00 Hamilton - Shahnaz 9/2 (365,Hills,Coral.SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
SHAHNAZ stands out for me in this one , hasnt really sparkled in her three runs since returning to action but last time outs run was the best of them by far and there was a glimmer of hope that she was on the way back to some sort of form. What catches my eye is the fact that she now has the cheekpieces refitted and she gets in here below her last winning mark which would have to give her a chance i think. Two wins from three runs here at Hamilton and it didnt go un noticed that the first win here came on this very day a year ago , so hopefully lightening can strike twice. Has yet to win over the distance in two attempts but she has won over half a furlong shorter so im not too worried about that to be honest. If at her best i think she'll be a danger to all and can go close. Gemma Tutty has just this at the course , and she has a 50% strike rate when sending her runners here overall , whilst Laura Coughlan takes off a handy 5lb and is also here for the one ride. Has ridden the horse before , winning twice and placing once from seven rides. For me , everything points to a decent run being on the cards.

4.35 Ffos Las - Thundersocksundae 11/2 (365)
Think THUNDERSOCKSUNDAE can go well in this one , coming back from 53 days off but looking through his record he seems to do well in his first run back after a break .. second on debut , 2nd after 50 days off , 2nd after 213 days off , first after 159 days off and third after 111 days off , i cant see any reason why he shouldnt be putting his best hoove forward in this today if im being honest. Was a creditable third when last seen at Huntingdon back in April and holds his form well overall i'd say , more often than not hes on the premises. The fact that he gets in here off a mark 2lb lower than in his last run didnt go un noticed , hasnt won off a mark this high but in three runs he has placed twice off similiar marks so i see no reason why he shouldnt go close here today. Placed on his only run at the course , and has won at the distance. In form trainer Fergal O'Brien sends just this one here , has a 28% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 16.4% strike rate when running them here overall. Jockey Jack Hogan takes a valuable 5lb off the horses back and also arrives for just the one ride , has a 29% strike rate over the last coupla weeks and this will be his first ride on the horse. When teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they come away with a 25% strike rate. Should be making his presence felt at the business end of things.

Last edited:
Thursday 8th June

4.20 Uttoxeter - Halligator 7/2 (365,Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Like the look of HALLIGATOR in this one , consistent sort whose never been out of the first four home in his five races to date , and i think the fourth last time out was probably due to the fact that he was stepped up to 3 miles , back down to 2m4f today i think he'll appreciate that and we'll hopefully see a better showing. Is one from one here at Uttoxeter , over 2 miles , that came on his first start for trainer Kim Bailey back in June 2022 , and though he has never won / run at this distance before he did come second over 2m41/2f on his penultimate run at Huntingdon so i think he'll be okay. Kim Bailey sends just this one to the meeting and given his current form i think that thats worth noting , has a 75% strike rate over the last two weeks , whilst jockey David Bass gets the steering job and he too is here for just this one ride , has ridden the horse twice to date resulting in a place , he too has been firing in the winners with a 60% strike rate over the past fortnight , and over the last three weeks the pair have notched up a 57% strike rate when teaming up. Should go well and be making his presence felt.

8.50 Chelmsford - Topo Chico 10/1 (365)
Probably doesnt jump out as the most obvious choice in this but i really like the chances of TOPO CHICO in this Fillies Handicap. A few other come into this looking as though they could win but i think the selection can be forgiven its last run on turf when 14th of 16 at Newmarket , first go on turf this season and was running well before hand on the all weather , - 4,2,2,4 .. has yet to win a race (11 race maiden) but i honestly think that her time is nearer rather than further away , especially if she can pick up where she left off on the artificial surface. From her 9 runs on the AW she has placed 6 times so its rather obvious i think that she prefers it. On her sole run here at Chelmsford she came second , beaten a head and has placed 4 times from 7 outings over the distance. Joseph Parr not in sparkling form at the moment but his last coupla runners have both come second so maybe his lucks about to change. Harry Burns takes 3lb off and is here for just this one ride , has three places from his five rides to date. Bit of a risky one one the face of it , but i think the switch back to the all weather will hopefully bring about a better run and fingers crossed tonights the night she can finally get her head in front at a decent price.

8.10 Yarmouth - Harbanero Star 9/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
HABANERO STAR catches my eye in this one , comes into the race on the back of a sound enough second here at Yarmouth last time out over 1m 3 1/2f , dropped down to a distance shes won over before (CD) i think she can go one better , especially when you consider she seems to thrive round here with a win from two runs over CD and at the course as a whole she has three wins and five places from twelve runs , that leads me to believe that she likes the sea air here at Yarmouth. Runs off the same mark as she did when winning over CD last year , and has the cheekpieces back on this time around so im expecting another solid run tonight. Gay Kellaway sends just this one to the meeting , and whilst shes not in the best of form lately she has a 13% strike rate overall when sending her runners here. Claimer Luke Catton helps the cause with his 5lb claim , and he too is here for just this one , has ridden the horse once before (last time out) resulting in a second place. Think she can go close at a course she obviously likes.

7.40 Yarmouth - Dance Havana 14/1 (365)
I think DANCE HAVANA can go well here at a tasty price , despite being up against a Mark Prescott hotpot in Blindedbythelights. This is a classic example of how my mind works and how i (sometimes) try and work out what the trainers up to , usually get it wrong but occasionally i get it right and hopefully this is one of those times ! Has run poorly in her two outings this term it has to be said but has only five runs under her saddle so could improve on those yet , won a maiden here last year , her sole win to date , and im thinking that maybe returning to the scene of her sole victory could bring about some improvement. The main thing that caught my eye was the fact that trainer Alice Haynes sends just two the meeting and both are in this race , now on jockey bookings id say that her other runner (Ramz) is probably the main one but im thinking that it isnt and that the second string , the selection , is actually her favoured runner , one from one here at Yarmouth as ive said , never ran over todays distance so that maybe another thing that could bring about some improvement. Jockey Christian Howarth is good value for his 5lb claim i think , and hes here for just this one , rode the filly to her sole win on his only ride on her to date , as i said already trainer has just the two in this race here today and shes been doing okay lately with a 21% strike rate over the past two weeks. Probably wrong but i think shes worth a pop at the price.

3.00 Hamilton - Shahnaz 9/2 (365,Hills,Coral.SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
SHAHNAZ stands out for me in this one , hasnt really sparkled in her three runs since returning to action but last time outs run was the best of them by far and there was a glimmer of hope that she was on the way back to some sort of form. What catches my eye is the fact that she now has the cheekpieces refitted and she gets in here below her last winning mark which would have to give her a chance i think. Two wins from three runs here at Hamilton and it didnt go un noticed that the first win here came on this very day a year ago , so hopefully lightening can strike twice. Has yet to win over the distance in two attempts but she has won over half a furlong shorter so im not too worried about that to be honest. If at her best i think she'll be a danger to all and can go close. Gemma Tutty has just this at the course , and she has a 50% strike rate when sending her runners here overall , whilst Laura Coughlan takes off a handy 5lb and is also here for the one ride. Has ridden the horse before , winning twice and placing once from seven rides. For me , everything points to a decent run being on the cards.

4.35 Ffos Las - Thundersocksundae 11/2 (365) :hissyfit
Think THUNDERSOCKSUNDAE can go well in this one , coming back from 53 days off but looking through his record he seems to do well in his first run back after a break .. second on debut , 2nd after 50 days off , 2nd after 213 days off , first after 159 days off and third after 111 days off , i cant see any reason why he shouldnt be putting his best hoove forward in this today if im being honest. Was a creditable third when last seen at Huntingdon back in April and holds his form well overall i'd say , more often than not hes on the premises. The fact that he gets in here off a mark 2lb lower than in his last run didnt go un noticed , hasnt won off a mark this high but in three runs he has placed twice off similiar marks so i see no reason why he shouldnt go close here today. Placed on his only run at the course , and has won at the distance. In form trainer Fergal O'Brien sends just this one here , has a 28% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 16.4% strike rate when running them here overall. Jockey Jack Hogan takes a valuable 5lb off the horses back and also arrives for just the one ride , has a 29% strike rate over the last coupla weeks and this will be his first ride on the horse. When teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they come away with a 25% strike rate. Should be making his presence felt at the business end of things.

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Crack Regiment 3/1 Lost (3rd)
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Willing To Please 11/4 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Saisons D'Or 16/1 Lost (3rd)
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost
Key Look 22/1 Lost
Lunar Shadow 7/1 Lost (3rd)
Glenister 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st 8/11

Moving Light 9/1 Lost
Winterwatch 10/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 5/1 Lost
Twelfth Knight 8/1 Lost (2nd)
Halligator 7/2 Lost
Shahnaz 9/2 Lost
Thundersocksundae 11/2 Lost
Topo Chico 10/1 Lost
Harbanero Star 9/2 Lost
Dance Havana 14/1 Lost

Bets 24 .. Won 1 .. EP -21.62 / SP -22.27

Last edited:
Friday 9th June

6.38 Bath - Toca Madera 2/1 (365,Hills,Lads) - Relentless Warrior 13/2 (365)
Usually leave maidens alone tbh and given how this month is going so far should probably stick to that ! But looking through them i think two of these can go well here this evening , first one is TOCA MADERA who made a nice enough debut when a staying on third here at Bath over 5f , when you take into consideration that he was forced wide that day its even more of a solid showing and i'm sure that he'll improve for that run and show up better here today. As i said he was staying on at the finish so this slightly longer trip shouldnt be an inconvenience , and if anything will hopefully play to his strengths. Brian Meehan has just this one at the course today and whilst he hasnt had any winners of late he has been amongst the placers and does have a respectable enough 15.2% strike rate when sending them here to Bath. Kieran Shoemark gets the ride for the first time and he too is here for just this one , has a 14% strike rate in the last fortnight , and i think this one should certainly be making his prsence felt. RELENTLESS WARRIOR is the other selection , stepped on debut run (11th of 13 in a class 2 Novice Stakes) when second to the decent looking Haatem over todays CD , who then went onto be third in the class two Woodcote Stakes. I think if he can reproduce that sort of run or better it then he'll definatley be there or thereabouts come the line. Andrew Balding has a 17% strike rate over the last two weeks and this is his sole representative here tonight , whilst David Probert gets the leg up and he rode him to his last time out second , has a 13% strike rate in the past fortnight and when riding here this season he has a 15.4% strike rate along with a profit of +£12.62. Can go close.

4.40 Thirsk - Glory Hallelujah 9/1 (365)
Open looking race where i like the look of Nigel Tinklers' GLORY HALLELUJAH , bit gutted as i missed the earlier price but happy enough with the 9s that was on offer with 365. Hasnt been at his best this year , but his third and last run was his best effort yet when sixth of nine at Ripon towards the end of May. Last year it took two or three runs after a break before hitting his stride so hopefully its gonna be the same this year. The one good thing about the poor runs is the fact that he comes into this below his last winning mark , which would have to give him a chance if he can recapture his best form. Won on his only start here , over CD , and that was around this time of year. Trainer has just this one here this afternoon , and it may be worth noting that he won the corresponding race last year , jockey Rowan Scott also here for the one and he has two wins and a place from his ten rides on the horse to date. Think he stands a good chance if anywhere near his best , and worth a pop at the price i think.

3.10 Thirsk - We'renotreallyhere 8/1 (365)
A few in this look as though they could go well but i'm siding with WE'RENOTREALLYHERE who has been running well since returning from a break in March , winning twice and placing once from five runs , the last of those wins came here over todays CD on his penultimate outing , beating Honour Your Dreams by a length and a half. Making his record here over CD , a win and a second from two runs. This years win both came on heavy ground but im not too concerned with ground conditions as he has gone well on good / good-firm before , so hopefully that wont be an issue. Comes into this on the back of a decent enough third at Ripon , so looks to be still in decent form , caught my eye that hes the only CD winner in the race , always a plus in my book , and should be making his presence felt where it matters. Interesting that John Quinn brings two to the meeting and that both run in this race , Granny B being his other representative , hasnt been in the best of form lately has to be said but the fact that he has a 44.4% strike rate here this season along with a healthy profit of +£21.50 kind of negates that to a certain extent , in my book anyway. Jason Hart in the hot seat and he's been on aboard the last twice (win and third) , and overall on the horse he has a win and three places from nine rides. Like the trainer not been visiting the winners enclosure to frequently of late but when coming here this season has a 21.4% strike rate and a small profit of +£7.50. All things considered i think he could go close at a nice price.

7.55 Haydock - After John 5/1 (365)
Trappy looking race where a case could be made for the whole field in one way or another but i'm going to side with AFTER JOHN , has looked a bit below par in his last couple of runs , last one after 50 days off , but before that had rattled up a three timer towards the end of last year and was a sound second at Newcastle back in February , but gone off the boil since. Has run well on sole run here at Haydock when a neck third to Dream Together last year. Iain Jardine brings just this one on the long haul from Carrutherstown , and i honestly cant see him making the trip south of the border just for a nosey about , has a 17% strike rate over the last three weeks , and Andrew Mullen in the plate on his sole start of the day , has three wins and two places from his thirteen rides on the horse and im hoping that he makes it four wins from fourteen this evening.

Last edited:
Friday 9th June

6.38 Bath - Toca Madera 2/1 (365,Hills,Lads) - Relentless Warrior 13/2 (365)
Usually leave maidens alone tbh and given how this month is going so far should probably stick to that ! But looking through them i think two of these can go well here this evening , first one is TOCA MADERA who made a nice enough debut when a staying on third here at Bath over 5f , when you take into consideration that he was forced wide that day its even more of a solid showing and i'm sure that he'll improve for that run and show up better here today. As i said he was staying on at the finish so this slightly longer trip shouldnt be an inconvenience , and if anything will hopefully play to his strengths. Brian Meehan has just this one at the course today and whilst he hasnt had any winners of late he has been amongst the placers and does have a respectable enough 15.2% strike rate when sending them here to Bath. Kieran Shoemark gets the ride for the first time and he too is here for just this one , has a 14% strike rate in the last fortnight , and i think this one should certainly be making his prsence felt. RELENTLESS WARRIOR is the other selection , stepped on debut run (11th of 13 in a class 2 Novice Stakes) when second to the decent looking Haatem over todays CD , who then went onto be third in the class two Woodcote Stakes. I think if he can reproduce that sort of run or better it then he'll definatley be there or thereabouts come the line. Andrew Balding has a 17% strike rate over the last two weeks and this is his sole representative here tonight , whilst David Probert gets the leg up and he rode him to his last time out second , has a 13% strike rate in the past fortnight and when riding here this season he has a 15.4% strike rate along with a profit of +£12.62. Can go close.

4.40 Thirsk - Glory Hallelujah 9/1 (365) :hissyfit
Open looking race where i like the look of Nigel Tinklers' GLORY HALLELUJAH , bit gutted as i missed the earlier price but happy enough with the 9s that was on offer with 365. Hasnt been at his best this year , but his third and last run was his best effort yet when sixth of nine at Ripon towards the end of May. Last year it took two or three runs after a break before hitting his stride so hopefully its gonna be the same this year. The one good thing about the poor runs is the fact that he comes into this below his last winning mark , which would have to give him a chance if he can recapture his best form. Won on his only start here , over CD , and that was around this time of year. Trainer has just this one here this afternoon , and it may be worth noting that he won the corresponding race last year , jockey Rowan Scott also here for the one and he has two wins and a place from his ten rides on the horse to date. Think he stands a good chance if anywhere near his best , and worth a pop at the price i think.

3.10 Thirsk - We'renotreallyhere 8/1 (365) :hissyfit
A few in this look as though they could go well but i'm siding with WE'RENOTREALLYHERE who has been running well since returning from a break in March , winning twice and placing once from five runs , the last of those wins came here over todays CD on his penultimate outing , beating Honour Your Dreams by a length and a half. Making his record here over CD , a win and a second from two runs. This years win both came on heavy ground but im not too concerned with ground conditions as he has gone well on good / good-firm before , so hopefully that wont be an issue. Comes into this on the back of a decent enough third at Ripon , so looks to be still in decent form , caught my eye that hes the only CD winner in the race , always a plus in my book , and should be making his presence felt where it matters. Interesting that John Quinn brings two to the meeting and that both run in this race , Granny B being his other representative , hasnt been in the best of form lately has to be said but the fact that he has a 44.4% strike rate here this season along with a healthy profit of +£21.50 kind of negates that to a certain extent , in my book anyway. Jason Hart in the hot seat and he's been on aboard the last twice (win and third) , and overall on the horse he has a win and three places from nine rides. Like the trainer not been visiting the winners enclosure to frequently of late but when coming here this season has a 21.4% strike rate and a small profit of +£7.50. All things considered i think he could go close at a nice price.

7.55 Haydock - After John 5/1 (365)
Trappy looking race where a case could be made for the whole field in one way or another but i'm going to side with AFTER JOHN , has looked a bit below par in his last couple of runs , last one after 50 days off , but before that had rattled up a three timer towards the end of last year and was a sound second at Newcastle back in February , but gone off the boil since. Has run well on sole run here at Haydock when a neck third to Dream Together last year. Iain Jardine brings just this one on the long haul from Carrutherstown , and i honestly cant see him making the trip south of the border just for a nosey about , has a 17% strike rate over the last three weeks , and Andrew Mullen in the plate on his sole start of the day , has three wins and two places from his thirteen rides on the horse and im hoping that he makes it four wins from fourteen this evening.

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost
Key Look 22/1 Lost
Glenister 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st 8/11

Moving Light 9/1 Lost
Winterwatch 10/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 5/1 Lost
Halligator 7/2 Lost
Shahnaz 9/2 Lost
Topo Chico 10/1 Lost
Harbanero Star 9/2 Lost
Dance Havana 14/1 Lost
Toca Madera 2/1 ..
Relentless Warrior 13/2 ..
Glory Hallelujah 9/1 Lost
We'renotreallyhere 8/1 Lost
After John 5/1 ..

Bets 24 .. Won 1 .. EP -21.62 / SP -22.27 update after races

Saturday 10th June

3.00 Haydock - Mimikyu 7/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Timelock 11/4 (Coral,Lads)
Gonna take on the current favourite with a couple who i think can seriously give him something to think about .. the first of those is top weight and only CD winner in the race MIMIKYU , made a very pleasing return to action after 224 days off when a short head second in the Group 3 Will Hill Bronte Cup Fillies Stakes , should strip fitter for that first outing and i'm sure she'll be putting her best hoove forward here today. She won the Group 2 Park Hill at Doncaster last year before disappointing in the Group 1 Qipco Fillies & Mares Stakes , can forgive her that one i think , and im sure she'll be taking some decent races in the future. One from one over todays CD , and has a win and a place from two runs at the course overall. John Gosden sends just this one to the meeting and hes been banging in the winners of late with a 32% strike rate over the last fortnight , and this season he has a 37.5% strike rate when sending his runners to Haydock , whilst overall he has a more than respectable 24.2% strike rate at the course , so anything he sends here warrants a close look imho. Frankie Dettori on board for the third time , has one win from his previous two rides and he too is in fine form at the moment with a 43% strike rate in the last two weeks , and when coming to Haydock this term he has a 40% strike rate , trainer and jockey have been doing well when coupling their talents , in the last three weeks they have a 50% strike rate. Should be making her presence felt where it matters. TIMELOCK is the other one i like the look of , like the other selection made a pleasing re appearance after 260 days off , going down by a length in second to Luisa Casati in a listed race at Goodwood , and again like the other selection i think she'll come on for that run and should be 100% here today. Only had 5 career runs to date so she has plenty of room for improvement yet , and from what shes shown so far i think shes more than capable of taking a hand in this. Has raced against Mimikyu before , last year when done by a neck , here at Haydock over 1m3 1/2f , and its entirely possible that she could reverse those placings here this afternoon. Has placed both times shes ran in a class one race. Roger Charlton has just this one at the meeting today , and he has a 30% strike rate in the last couple of weeks , and has done well with his runners here this season with a 50% strike rate , Ryan Moore in the plate for the first time and hes enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 41% strike rate in the last three weeks , and when hes ridden for Roger Charlton in the same period the pair come away with a 50% strike rate. I think the daughter of the mighty Frankel can go very close here today.

7.15 Lingfield - Easy Equation 7/2 (Hills,Coral.SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Trappy looking race where you could make a case for most if not all of the six runners but i'm siding with bottom weight EASY EQUATION , who showed a bit of determination to come home in front over todays CD last time out beating Russian Rumour by half a length , with the re opposing Cherry Cola a head further back in third. Just 2lb higher here this evening and i think he won alot more cosily than it looked last time so im taking him to confirm those placing with Cherry Cola. Before that win had been running consistently well this year - 4,5,1,5,3,3,3,1 and i really cant see any reason why he shouldnt be on the premises once again. Trainer JS Moore sends just this one to Leafy this afternoon , has a 25% strike rate over the last three weeks , Aiden Keeley gets the steering job , was onboard last time and has three wins and three places from nine rides , takes off a handy 5lb and has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks. Should be in the mix.

Last edited:
Saturday 10th June

3.00 Haydock - Mimikyu 7/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) Non Runner - Timelock 11/4 (Coral,Lads) :hissyfit
Gonna take on the current favourite with a couple who i think can seriously give him something to think about .. the first of those is top weight and only CD winner in the race MIMIKYU , made a very pleasing return to action after 224 days off when a short head second in the Group 3 Will Hill Bronte Cup Fillies Stakes , should strip fitter for that first outing and i'm sure she'll be putting her best hoove forward here today. She won the Group 2 Park Hill at Doncaster last year before disappointing in the Group 1 Qipco Fillies & Mares Stakes , can forgive her that one i think , and im sure she'll be taking some decent races in the future. One from one over todays CD , and has a win and a place from two runs at the course overall. John Gosden sends just this one to the meeting and hes been banging in the winners of late with a 32% strike rate over the last fortnight , and this season he has a 37.5% strike rate when sending his runners to Haydock , whilst overall he has a more than respectable 24.2% strike rate at the course , so anything he sends here warrants a close look imho. Frankie Dettori on board for the third time , has one win from his previous two rides and he too is in fine form at the moment with a 43% strike rate in the last two weeks , and when coming to Haydock this term he has a 40% strike rate , trainer and jockey have been doing well when coupling their talents , in the last three weeks they have a 50% strike rate. Should be making her presence felt where it matters. TIMELOCK is the other one i like the look of , like the other selection made a pleasing re appearance after 260 days off , going down by a length in second to Luisa Casati in a listed race at Goodwood , and again like the other selection i think she'll come on for that run and should be 100% here today. Only had 5 career runs to date so she has plenty of room for improvement yet , and from what shes shown so far i think shes more than capable of taking a hand in this. Has raced against Mimikyu before , last year when done by a neck , here at Haydock over 1m3 1/2f , and its entirely possible that she could reverse those placings here this afternoon. Has placed both times shes ran in a class one race. Roger Charlton has just this one at the meeting today , and he has a 30% strike rate in the last couple of weeks , and has done well with his runners here this season with a 50% strike rate , Ryan Moore in the plate for the first time and hes enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 41% strike rate in the last three weeks , and when hes ridden for Roger Charlton in the same period the pair come away with a 50% strike rate. I think the daughter of the mighty Frankel can go very close here today.

7.15 Lingfield - Easy Equation 7/2 (Hills,Coral.SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Trappy looking race where you could make a case for most if not all of the six runners but i'm siding with bottom weight EASY EQUATION , who showed a bit of determination to come home in front over todays CD last time out beating Russian Rumour by half a length , with the re opposing Cherry Cola a head further back in third. Just 2lb higher here this evening and i think he won alot more cosily than it looked last time so im taking him to confirm those placing with Cherry Cola. Before that win had been running consistently well this year - 4,5,1,5,3,3,3,1 and i really cant see any reason why he shouldnt be on the premises once again. Trainer JS Moore sends just this one to Leafy this afternoon , has a 25% strike rate over the last three weeks , Aiden Keeley gets the steering job , was onboard last time and has three wins and three places from nine rides , takes off a handy 5lb and has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks. Should be in the mix.

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost
Key Look 22/1 Lost
Glenister 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st 8/11

Moving Light 9/1 Lost
Winterwatch 10/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 5/1 Lost
Halligator 7/2 Lost
Shahnaz 9/2 Lost
Topo Chico 10/1 Lost
Harbanero Star 9/2 Lost
Dance Havana 14/1 Lost
Toca Madera 2/1
thumbup.gif
1st 5/4

Relentless Warrior 13/2 Lost
After John 5/1 Lost
Mimikyu 7/2 Non Runner
Timelock 11/4 Lost
Easy Equation 7/2 ..

Bets 29 .. Won 2 .. EP -23.62 / SP -25.02 update after races

Last edited:
Sunday 11th June

3.45 Beverley - Good Earth 12/1 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Ventura Flame 18/1 (Hills,Coral.SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Wide open looking Apprentice sprint where by the looks of it any amount of those involved could take a hand in the finish but two of the runners catch my eye at tasty prices so im gonna punt both of them and keep everything crossed lol .. first one is top weight GOOD EARTH whose on the same mark when a solid second to Grace Angel last time out at Redcar. Hasnt won here at Beverley but has placed on both runs here over CD and looks to have a good berth this afternoon , hasnt won off a mark this high either but has placed numerous times so its entirely possible that he could get his head in front today. Beaten by Grace Angel last time who flopped next time out at Epsom but the third home , who was a further 4 3/4 lengths back went in yesterday (Ready Freddie Go) by a length and a quarter. Overall hes a fairly consistent sort and i expect him to be bang there come the line , trainer Michael Herrington has just this one as his representative at the meeting today , more than capable trainer i think and has a 20% strike rate in the last couple of weeks , whist Connor Planas takes off a helpful 3lb on his first ride aboard the horse. Hasnt been knocking in the winners lately admittedly but still one of the better claimers out there imho. Should be making his presence felt. The other one that caught my eye is joint bottom weight VENTURA FLAME who came plum last last time out over todays CD , but given her course form and current price im willing to give her a chance here , was second in a better race on her penultimate run when beaten by Badri by 4 1/4 lengths and for me is probably better judged on that outing than her last. As i said has some good course and distance form to her name with two wins and four places from eights runs , going and weight shouldnt be a problem and i think as she looks to have a decent enough draw that a better run can be expected here today. Keith Dalgleish sends just this one on the long shlep from Carluke and its a long way to send just one for a day out so im hoping that they mean business here this afternoon. Been in decent enough form lately with a 24% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 13% strike rate here overall. Jockey Pierre-Louis Jamin on board for the first time and hes a decent jockey on his day i think , has a 21.4% strike rate overall when venturing here. If back to her best then i think she'll be a danger to all.

3.55 Goodwood - First Emperor 4/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Aggagio 7/2 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Going to side with the pair who have proven CD form in this one , AGGAGIO is the first one on the list as his record here at Goodwood is second to none lets be honest , two from two over todays CD and at the course overall he has four wins and two places from his six runs , was second here over 1m6f last time , but was up against a hot favourite in John Gosdens' Courage Mon Ami , so more than willing to give him another chance especially as its over 2m where hes two from two and this seems to be his optimum trip , having had 8 runs over 2m to date , winning four of them and placing in another one. He runs of just 1lb higher here today so feasibly treated imho and a good showing looks to be on the cards. Gary Moore has just this at the meeting and his runners have been doing well , over the last month he has racked up a 16.9% strike rate and when sending his runners here this term hes managed to knock out a 40% strike rate. Rhys Clutterbuck back in the saddle and he's done well on the horse when hes ridden him with two wins and a place from four rides , has a 14.9% strike rate when riding here at Goodwood overall , and that includes wins on the selection here. Shouldnt be far away , especially if allowed an easy lead. FIRST EMPEROR is my other selection , one from one over todays CD which came last time out when he beat Hydroplane by 2 1/2 lengths , that looked an eyecatching win tbh and i think a follow up could possibly be on the cards here this afternoon. That was his first win on the turf , on his tenth attempt , but the way he won it made me wonder why/how it took him so long to get his head in front if im being honest. Adept at this sort of distance with three wins and four places from nine runs over todays trip and despite never having run from a mark this high (4lb higher here) i think he can go well if last times outing is anything to go by. Has done well in his class 3 races to date with a win and two places from his four runs. He's John Ryans' sole runner on the card and he has a 50% strike rate here this season along with a profit of +£5.00 , whilst Rab Havlin retains the ride after riding him to victory on his first ride aboard the horse. He has a 30% strike rate here this season and in the last two weeks he's notched up a 22% strike rate. When trainer and jockey have combined talents in the last three weeks they've come away with a 100% strike rate. If in the same sort of mood as last time he should certainly be there or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Sunday 11th June

3.45 Beverley - Good Earth 12/1 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 12/1 - Ventura Flame 18/1 (Hills,Coral.SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Wide open looking Apprentice sprint where by the looks of it any amount of those involved could take a hand in the finish but two of the runners catch my eye at tasty prices so im gonna punt both of them and keep everything crossed lol .. first one is top weight GOOD EARTH whose on the same mark when a solid second to Grace Angel last time out at Redcar. Hasnt won here at Beverley but has placed on both runs here over CD and looks to have a good berth this afternoon , hasnt won off a mark this high either but has placed numerous times so its entirely possible that he could get his head in front today. Beaten by Grace Angel last time who flopped next time out at Epsom but the third home , who was a further 4 3/4 lengths back went in yesterday (Ready Freddie Go) by a length and a quarter. Overall hes a fairly consistent sort and i expect him to be bang there come the line , trainer Michael Herrington has just this one as his representative at the meeting today , more than capable trainer i think and has a 20% strike rate in the last couple of weeks , whist Connor Planas takes off a helpful 3lb on his first ride aboard the horse. Hasnt been knocking in the winners lately admittedly but still one of the better claimers out there imho. Should be making his presence felt. The other one that caught my eye is joint bottom weight VENTURA FLAME who came plum last last time out over todays CD , but given her course form and current price im willing to give her a chance here , was second in a better race on her penultimate run when beaten by Badri by 4 1/4 lengths and for me is probably better judged on that outing than her last. As i said has some good course and distance form to her name with two wins and four places from eights runs , going and weight shouldnt be a problem and i think as she looks to have a decent enough draw that a better run can be expected here today. Keith Dalgleish sends just this one on the long shlep from Carluke and its a long way to send just one for a day out so im hoping that they mean business here this afternoon. Been in decent enough form lately with a 24% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 13% strike rate here overall. Jockey Pierre-Louis Jamin on board for the first time and hes a decent jockey on his day i think , has a 21.4% strike rate overall when venturing here. If back to her best then i think she'll be a danger to all.

3.55 Goodwood - First Emperor 4/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit- Aggagio 7/2 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Going to side with the pair who have proven CD form in this one , AGGAGIO is the first one on the list as his record here at Goodwood is second to none lets be honest , two from two over todays CD and at the course overall he has four wins and two places from his six runs , was second here over 1m6f last time , but was up against a hot favourite in John Gosdens' Courage Mon Ami , so more than willing to give him another chance especially as its over 2m where hes two from two and this seems to be his optimum trip , having had 8 runs over 2m to date , winning four of them and placing in another one. He runs of just 1lb higher here today so feasibly treated imho and a good showing looks to be on the cards. Gary Moore has just this at the meeting and his runners have been doing well , over the last month he has racked up a 16.9% strike rate and when sending his runners here this term hes managed to knock out a 40% strike rate. Rhys Clutterbuck back in the saddle and he's done well on the horse when hes ridden him with two wins and a place from four rides , has a 14.9% strike rate when riding here at Goodwood overall , and that includes wins on the selection here. Shouldnt be far away , especially if allowed an easy lead. FIRST EMPEROR is my other selection , one from one over todays CD which came last time out when he beat Hydroplane by 2 1/2 lengths , that looked an eyecatching win tbh and i think a follow up could possibly be on the cards here this afternoon. That was his first win on the turf , on his tenth attempt , but the way he won it made me wonder why/how it took him so long to get his head in front if im being honest. Adept at this sort of distance with three wins and four places from nine runs over todays trip and despite never having run from a mark this high (4lb higher here) i think he can go well if last times outing is anything to go by. Has done well in his class 3 races to date with a win and two places from his four runs. He's John Ryans' sole runner on the card and he has a 50% strike rate here this season along with a profit of +£5.00 , whilst Rab Havlin retains the ride after riding him to victory on his first ride aboard the horse. He has a 30% strike rate here this season and in the last two weeks he's notched up a 22% strike rate. When trainer and jockey have combined talents in the last three weeks they've come away with a 100% strike rate. If in the same sort of mood as last time he should certainly be there or thereabouts.

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost
Key Look 22/1 Lost
Glenister 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st 8/11

Moving Light 9/1 Lost
Winterwatch 10/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 5/1 Lost
Halligator 7/2 Lost
Shahnaz 9/2 Lost
Topo Chico 10/1 Lost
Harbanero Star 9/2 Lost
Dance Havana 14/1 Lost
Toca Madera 2/1
thumbup.gif
1st 5/4

Relentless Warrior 13/2 Lost
After John 5/1 Lost
Mimikyu 7/2 Non Runner
Timelock 11/4 Lost
Easy Equation 7/2 Lost
Good Earth 12/1
thumbup.gif
1st 17/2

Ventura Flame 18/1 Lost
First Emperor 4/1 Lost
Aggagio 7/2 Lost

Bets 35 .. Won 3 .. EP -16.62 / SP -21.52

Been nothing for this for a while and while the weathers so unsettled probably not gonna be any either , unless something really stands out

Wednesday 21st June

3.20 Worcester - Dasher Riley 8/1 (365)
I like the chances of DASHER RILEY in this , the only CD winner in the race , and the 8/1 on offer proved to be too tempting not to have a plunge on him. Third of six last time out at Southwell , he was prominent throughout until late on and then faded , i think the 2m4 1/2f proved beyond him and that this drop back to 2m will suit admirably. Won over CD on his penultimate start after a break of 273 days , and he seems to like it here at Worcester , with a record of two wins and a place from three runs over todays CD. Trainer has a 13% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and is one from one here this season , along with a profit of +16.00 , overall at the course he has a more than respectable 21.1% strike rate , Harry Cobden in the plate and hes ridden him the last twice , and i find it interesting that hes here for just this one this afternoon. Has a 26% strike rate over the last three weeks , when coming here this season hes amassed a 33.3% strike rate , and overall he has a 31.7% strike rate and a profit of +£10.00 to boot. Theres a few others in the mix admittedly , but given the selections liking for the course and distance and the 8s on offer with 365 i was duly tempted to have a punt.

6.50 Newcastle - Flag Of Truth 10/1 (365)
Diffiuclt looking race where FLAG OF TRUTH probably isnt high up on most lists but i think he could go well at a nice price , placed on his only start here , a neck second , over a mile three starts ago. Has never won over todays trip in three attempts which i admit is slightly off putting but ran his best race over it last time out when fourth at Nottingham , winner of that race has gone in again , with the second coming third next time out. Archie Watson sends just this one to the Toon this evening , and hes a shrewd trainer and i cant see him persevering at this distance if he didnt think the horse couldnt do well over it tbh , been amongst the winners lately with a 15% strike rate over the last fortnight , and does well when sending his runners here , with a 23% strike rate overall , and a 21.4% strike rate this season. Top notch claimer Taylor Fisher also here for just this one tonight , and he takes off a valuable 5lb , has a 32% strike rate over the last coupla weeks and a 16.7% strike rate at the course this term. A few negatives i admit but i think he can go well with the in form jockey up for the first time.

Last edited:
Wednesday 21st June

3.20 Worcester - Dasher Riley 8/1 (365) :hissyfit 2nd
I like the chances of DASHER RILEY in this , the only CD winner in the race , and the 8/1 on offer proved to be too tempting not to have a plunge on him. Third of six last time out at Southwell , he was prominent throughout until late on and then faded , i think the 2m4 1/2f proved beyond him and that this drop back to 2m will suit admirably. Won over CD on his penultimate start after a break of 273 days , and he seems to like it here at Worcester , with a record of two wins and a place from three runs over todays CD. Trainer has a 13% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and is one from one here this season , along with a profit of +16.00 , overall at the course he has a more than respectable 21.1% strike rate , Harry Cobden in the plate and hes ridden him the last twice , and i find it interesting that hes here for just this one this afternoon. Has a 26% strike rate over the last three weeks , when coming here this season hes amassed a 33.3% strike rate , and overall he has a 31.7% strike rate and a profit of +£10.00 to boot. Theres a few others in the mix admittedly , but given the selections liking for the course and distance and the 8s on offer with 365 i was duly tempted to have a punt.

6.50 Newcastle - Flag Of Truth 10/1 (365) :hissyfit
Diffiuclt looking race where FLAG OF TRUTH probably isnt high up on most lists but i think he could go well at a nice price , placed on his only start here , a neck second , over a mile three starts ago. Has never won over todays trip in three attempts which i admit is slightly off putting but ran his best race over it last time out when fourth at Nottingham , winner of that race has gone in again , with the second coming third next time out. Archie Watson sends just this one to the Toon this evening , and hes a shrewd trainer and i cant see him persevering at this distance if he didnt think the horse couldnt do well over it tbh , been amongst the winners lately with a 15% strike rate over the last fortnight , and does well when sending his runners here , with a 23% strike rate overall , and a 21.4% strike rate this season. Top notch claimer Taylor Fisher also here for just this one tonight , and he takes off a valuable 5lb , has a 32% strike rate over the last coupla weeks and a 16.7% strike rate at the course this term. A few negatives i admit but i think he can go well with the in form jockey up for the first time.

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost