• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Saturday 20th January

12.15 Lingfield - Sandy Paradise 10/1 (365,Hills,Coral) - See You Boy 12/1 (Hills)
Couple of decently priced runners stand out to me for this one , first one is SANDY PARADISE , arrives on the back of a sound enough third to Hieronymous last time out at Kempton over 7f. One from one here at Lingfield and has run well over todays trip with a win and three places from seven runs. Very consistent sort whose only been out of the first four once since going to Richard Hughes back in January 2023 so should give his running once again as far as im concerned. Hasnt won from a mark this high on in todays class but has placed so happy enough to think both are achievable. Trainer sends just this one out today and he has a 20% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst jockey Ethan Jones is proving to be good value for his 7lb claim and hes also here for just this one today , has ridden the horse six times to date resulting in a win and three places. Should be there or thereabouts. SEE YOU BOY is the other one i like the look of , who i think could go well here at a nice price , beat the re opposing Artician three runs back over CD by a length (Grenham and Bowman also in that race and re oppose) , hasnt run to the same standard the last twice but i think given hes one from one here over CD , and he has a very good draw to work from i can see a better performance being on the cards. Marco Botti sends just this one to the course and he has a 20% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 13% strike rate when coming here to Leafy overall. The booking of Hollie Doyle for the first time catches my eye , not been in sparkling form of late admittedly but has been amongst the winners and can get one home when she wants too. Does well when coming here to ride with a 16.0% strike rate overall alongside a very healthy +£24.25 profit.

3.10 Lingfield - Oh So Grand 9/4 (365,Coral,SkyBet,Lads) - Queen Regent 9/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Going double handed again in this one , OH SO GRAND is the first one , beat the re opposing (and other selection) Queen Regent last time out over this afternoons CD when doing well to reel her in and win by a length and a quarter , should give her running and go well again in the hunt for the three timer despite the 4lb rise. Very consistent sort with a record of - 4,1,1,3,2,1,1 and i really cant see her being far away. Simon Crisford sends two runners to the meeting and both run in this race (other one being Twirling ridden by Ryan Moore) , everything looks to have ticks in the right boxes , and she should be bang there come the business end of things. Trainer has a 21.7% strike rate over the past couple of weeks and a profit of +£9.25 , and has a 26.7% strike rate in the last five years with a profit of +£14.56 to boot. Jack Mitchell has ridden her the last twice and is in the saddle again (2 from 2 to date) and has a 15% strike rate over the last three weeks. QUEEN REGENT who was second to OSG last time out meets her on 4lb better terms here so entirely possible that the tables could be turned , yet to win over todays distance but has placed twice in three runs , and i think the first time cheekpieces could help her chances and a better showing could be on the cards specially given who her trainer is. John Gosden has just this one at the meeting , and you have to respect anything he runs here at Lingfield with a 25.7% strike rate overall. Rob Havlin in the hot seat and he rode the horse on her race course debut when third. Should be running her race again and can hopefully go close.

3.45 Lingfield - Smith 16/1 (365) - Smart Champion 14/1 (365,Hills)
And another one where i like the look of two against the field , SMITH is one ive put up before (and let me down lol) , but at the price and here at Lingfield i cant let him go unbacked , despite running poorly the last twice over CD he still has a solid record here over CD - six wins and two places from twelve runs , and tbh im gonna kick meself if he goes in and i havent backed him. Has won off higher than todays mark and was third in this race off 3lb higher last year , to me everything looks good for a solid effort. Lydia Richards been in good form with a 67% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 100% strike rate here this season with a profit of +£9.25 and this is her sole runner at the meeting. The inform David Probert is in the saddle for the first time , riding well lately with an 18.6% strike rate over the last month , and has a 25% strike rate here this season. Given the horses from here and the fact that both trainer and jockey are going well at the moment im hopeful of a big run at decent odds. SMART CHAMPION is my other selection in this , hasnt shown much since returning from 78 days off but does now look to be on a fairly handy mark if he can get back on track. Placed on only start over CD , but has won over todays distance so no concerns there , trainer David Simcock has a 16% strike rate when coming here and also has a 16% strike rate in the last couple of weeks , whilst Hayley Turner gets the ride on her sole ride of the meeting , yet to win/place from her two rides on the horse to date , but hopefully that can change here this afternoon.

Last edited:
Cheers Punter , best of luck to both of us then , form im in at the moment i wouldnt hold my breath though lol .. but at the prices worth a go i thought

Running Totals - January

Teresa Grace 13/2 Lost (2nd)
Brandy Station 17/2 Non Runner
Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost
Autumn Return 6/5 Lost (2nd)
Lets Go To Vegas 9/1 Lost