• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Running Totals - January

Teresa Grace 13/2 Lost (2nd)
Brandy Station 17/2 Non Runner
Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost

Bets 5 .. Won 1 .. EP -1.25 / SP -2.90

Tuesday 9th January

1.10 Market Rasen - Autumn Return 6/5 (365) - Lets Go To Vegas 9/1 (365)
I like the chances of AUTUMN RETURN in this one , comes into this after a nice win after a short break last time out , beating Lady Mendoza by a length and three quarters. Goes up 4lb for the win but should still be available to make her presence felt in a race of this nature i think. Pretty consistent sort overall she is one from one over todays CD and has a win and a place from her two runs over this afternoons trip. Didnt go un noticed that she has yet to be unplaced in this class either , with four wins and two places from six runs. Trainer Ruth Jefferson is bang in form at the moment with a 67% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and she does well when coming here to Market Rasen with a 25% strike rate this season along with a very small profit of +£2.00. Brian Hughes in the saddle and hes ridden the horse the last three times resulting in two wins and a second , overall he has four wins and a second from his five rides so seems to get on well with the horse. Now although i really do like AR chances i also find that when i put a short priced one up they tend to go about as well as a snail towing an anvil so i have also gone for LETS GO TO VEGAS who i think has the potential to be a fly in the ointment imho , and at 9/1 was worth a go i thought. Has had a couple of outings over the bigger obstacles since returning to action in November , but i think she will appreciate the return to hurdles this afternoon which she does well over with two wins and a place from her four outings over them to date. The only time she didnt finish in the placings in a hurdles race was in a grade two race at Newbury in her last start of last season where she came tenth of fifteen , if she was thought good enough to contest a race of that nature and has won in class three before then this class four should hopefully be within her scope (won and placed in her two runs in this class). Yet to be tried at this distance but shouldnt be a problem as has won over further so long as she doesnt find things happening too quickly i think she'll go well. One from one here at Market Rasen , and should handle the going. Jockey Jonathan Burke has been amongst the winners lately with a 26% strike rate over the last three weeks , and the fact hes come here for just this one ride caught my eye , has two wins and a place from his four rides aboard the horse to date. Trainer Alastair Ralph has just this one here this afternoon and he has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and hes a trainer i rate.

7.00 Southwell - Stone Soldier 25/1 (365,Hills) - Zip 17/2 (Hills)
Quite an open looking class two handicap where you could give a shout to most of the runners but im gonna side with the two Richard Fahey runners in the race who i think have the potential to go well at decent prices. The first one of those is STONE SOLDIER who hasnt been in the best of form lately it has to be said but is more than capable on his day and it caught my eye that he rarely runs a bad race here at Shuvvel where he has had seven runs resulting in four wins and a place - over CD hes had five runs winning three of them and placing in another one. Won in this class as well so that shouldnt pose a problem and to me the draw looks fairly decent and hes now 5lb below his last winning mark so im hopeful of a decent run at big odds. Ryan Sexton takes off a valuable 3lb , and has had three rides on the horse so far placing in one of them , had a winner from his two rides yesterday , not solid admittedly but at the price i think hes well worth a pop to go well at a track he obviously likes. ZIP is the other one , was a sound third last time (splitting the re opposing Greatgadian and Chuzzlewhit) , and entirely possible he could go two better here. Draw looks okay to me and like his stablemate he does well here with three places and a win from five runs over this evenings CD. Won in the class and like SS i think he can go well here. Oisin Orr in the plate on his sole ride of the meeting , and he has a win and two places from his six rides on the horse to date. Richard Fahey sends just these two to the meeting this evening , he has a 12% strike rate in the last two weeks , knows how to ready one for a race of this type so you couldnt honestly discount either runner.

Last edited:
Running Totals - January

Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost
Autumn Return 6/5 Lost (2nd)
Lets Go To Vegas 9/1 Lost
Stone Soldier 25/1 Lost
Zip 17/2 Lost

Bets 9 .. Won 1 .. EP -5.25 / SP -6.90

Last edited:
Wednesday 10th January

8.30 Kempton - Airshow 11/1 (365) - Sir Rodneyredblood 13/2 (365)
Like the look of a couple in this open looking handicap , first off is joint top weight AIRSHOW who was a decent enough third last time out at Southwell , that was a good effort after 88 days off and i'm hoping that a better showing can be expected here this evening. Runs off the same mark here as that last run and he has won off higher , and more often than not runs a decent run here at Kempton with three wins and two places from eight starts over tonights CD. The only thing that does worry me is the draw tbh but its not an insurmountable problem so fingers crossed. Rod Millman been in good form lately with a 31% strike rate in the past three weeks , and he sends just this one to the meeting , whilst jockey Oliver Searle also comes here for just this one , only won on the horse won from eleven rides but has placed in a further six , his 7lb claim can only help the horses claims and i can see him going well. SIR RODNEYREDBLOOD is my other selection , arrives on the back of a dead heated win at Chelmsford last time , and prior to that had been third twice , so has been in reasonable enough form to think he can go well again despite the 3lb rise , as like the other selection he has won off higher than todays mark. Two wins and four places from his twelve starts over CD , he looks well enough drawn to me , and i think a solid run looks to be on the cards. JR Jenkins sends just this one to the meeting , and his runners have been in rude health of late with a 67% strike rate over the last three weeks , and this season when sending his runners here he has a 100% strike rate. David Probert in the hot seat and he does well when riding the horse with a record of three wins and a place from his six rides to date. And when trainer and jockey have teamed up over the last 21 days they come away with a 100% strike rate.

12.50 Doncaster - Mafia Power 33/1 (365)
Looking at the race could have this one totally wrong , and probably have , but at the current 33s i think MAFIA POWER is definatley worth a shot to nothing. Left Archie Watsons yard and moved to Patrick Nevilles' back in August , and ran respectably enough on hurdles / stable debut when a 13 length fourth of twelve when last seen. Id expect some improvement on that initial outing and hopefully he can go well here at a decent price. Trainer has just this one here this afternoon and hes been going well of late with a 50% strike rate over the last month along with a profit of +£13.33. Jockey Joe Williamson aids the cause with his 5lb claim and hes a decent jockey imo. Hopefully can make his presence felt.

Last edited:
Running Totals - January

Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost
Stone Soldier 25/1 Lost
Zip 17/2 Lost
Mafia Power 33/1 Lost
Airshow 11/1 Lost
Sir Rodneyredblood 13/2 Lost

Bets 12 .. Won 1 .. EP -8.25 / SP -9.90

Last edited:
Thursday 11th January

5.30 Chelmsford - Reverberation 5/2 (365) - Helllavapace 3/1
I like the look of a couple of the runners in this one , firstly is REVERBERATION who slammed Mitigator by 4 1/4 lengths on his penultimate run here at Chelmsford over 1m2f , didnt seem to be in the same sort of form last time over 1m4f when only fifth of twelve at Wolverhampton. Dropped back down to a mile here yesterday , which i think will help his chances here as hes won three times and placed in a further eight over todays trip. Has won off a higher mark than todays , and the class and draw all have ticks in the right boxes for me so i think he could go close here this evening. The in form Ethan Jones gets the ride for the first time on whats his sole start of the meeting , has a 40% strike rate over the last month along with a profit of +£25.15. Shouldnt be far away. HELLAVAPACE is the other one i like the look of , improved on his penultimate fourth after a break to come 1/2 length third at Wolverhampton last time out , a repeat of that run would see him in the thick of things here i think. Has yet to win here at Chelmsford but usually runs well with two places from three runs over CD. Similar to the other selection in that hes won off a higher mark and the class and draw look good , so i think a decent showing could well be on the cards. Jonathon Portman sends just this one to the course this evening and Olivia Tubb also here for just this one ride , has a win and two places from her seven rides on the horse to date. Should be getting involved.

Last edited:
Thursday 11th January

5.30 Chelmsford - Reverberation 5/2 (365) :thumb 1st 15/8 - Helllavapace 3/1 :hissyfit 2nd
I like the look of a couple of the runners in this one , firstly is REVERBERATION who slammed Mitigator by 4 1/4 lengths on his penultimate run here at Chelmsford over 1m2f , didnt seem to be in the same sort of form last time over 1m4f when only fifth of twelve at Wolverhampton. Dropped back down to a mile here yesterday , which i think will help his chances here as hes won three times and placed in a further eight over todays trip. Has won off a higher mark than todays , and the class and draw all have ticks in the right boxes for me so i think he could go close here this evening. The in form Ethan Jones gets the ride for the first time on whats his sole start of the meeting , has a 40% strike rate over the last month along with a profit of +£25.15. Shouldnt be far away. HELLAVAPACE is the other one i like the look of , improved on his penultimate fourth after a break to come 1/2 length third at Wolverhampton last time out , a repeat of that run would see him in the thick of things here i think. Has yet to win here at Chelmsford but usually runs well with two places from three runs over CD. Similar to the other selection in that hes won off a higher mark and the class and draw look good , so i think a decent showing could well be on the cards. Jonathon Portman sends just this one to the course this evening and Olivia Tubb also here for just this one ride , has a win and two places from her seven rides on the horse to date. Should be getting involved.

Running Totals - January

Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost
Stone Soldier 25/1 Lost
Zip 17/2 Lost
Mafia Power 33/1 Lost
Airshow 11/1 Lost
Reverberation 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 15/8

Hellavapace 3/1 Lost (2nd)

Bets 14 .. Won 2 .. EP -6.75 / SP -9.02

Saturday 13th January

3.00 Warwick - Volcano 20/1 (365,Coral,BFred)
Bottom weight VOLCANO catches my eye for this one despite being out of the weights , he was out of the weights last time he contested this race and managed fifth place and im hoping he can improve on that here this afternoon at a decent price , that run last year was the first time he had been unplaced here at Warwick where he usually runs well , three wins from four runs over CD and five wins from six outings here overall. Hasnt shown much in his last two runs after a sound enough effort on return to action back in October last year when second at Ludlow. So obviously will have to improve on what hes shown so far but hes definatley better than his last two runs and i think that given his liking for it here at Warwick a big run could be on the cards. The other downside from my point of view is hes yet to win or place in a class one but theres a first time for everything so im not gonna write his chances off totally just because of that and he has won off higher than todays mark. Trainer Sheila Lewis sends just this one to the meeting , and though she hasnt had a winner for a while she does do well when sending her runners here with a 29.2% strike rate over the last five years. Jockey Ben Jones in the saddle and hes the usual pilot with five wins and two places from his twenty three rides to date , he also does well when coming here with a 16.9% strike rate in the same period.

3.35 Warwick - Two For Gold 16/1 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads) - Thomas Darby 9/1 (Hills)
Others probably come into the race holding better claims but theres two in this one i like the look of at decent enough prices who i think could go close if they're on song. To start with im siding with top weight TWO FOR GOLD who will very likely have to be at his very best to take this from todays mark but the way im looking at is hes top weight for a reason , and its definatley within the realms of possibilty as far as im concerned. One from one over todays CD and two / two at the course overall , he was pulled up last time at Chepstow but prior to that had run a sound enough race to come second to Victtorino in a class one at Ascot. The winner has gone in again since , and the third was fourth in the Coral Gold Cup at Newbury , the fourth and fifth home have also ran well since that race so the form looks fairly good to my untrained eye. Kim Bailey has just this one here this afternoon , and he has a 27.3% strike rate when coming here this term , and jockey Ciaran Gethings is on board for his second ride (unplaced in the first) and he has a 20% strike rate here this season. The other selection is next in the handicap THOMAS DARBY who arrives on the back of a last time out win over todays CD (beating a couple of todays opponents) and i think he can go well again despite the 4lb rise hes got especially if hes in the same sort of mood as he was in that race. One from one over todays CD and has a win and a place from two starts here at Warwick overall. Has won off todays mark in the past and i cant see any reason why he shouldnt go well again tbh. Trainer Olly Murphy has a 24.1% strike rate over the last month and has an 18.8% strike rate when sending his runners here this season. Harry Skelton in the saddle for the first time , and he has a 21.9% strike rate when coming here over the last five years.

6.00 Wolverhampton - Rogue Soldier 4/1 (Coral) - Miss Bluebelle 7/2 (365,Coral)
Two catch my eye in this one , firstly MISS BLUEBELLE whose been running well enough since returning from a 90 day break back in August of last year - 1,9,4,2 .. was a decent second over this evenings CD last time , going down by a couple of lengths to Civil Law and i think she can go close again here. Yet to be unplaced in three runs over CD with a win and two places from three runs. Yet to win in a class four but went well in a class higher last time so i dont think too much can be read into that if im being honest , Dougie Costello in the plate and hes ridden the horse on all starts since returning to action giving him an overall record of two wins and a place from nine rides overall whilst trainer Marcus Tregoning also here for just this one today. ROGUE SOLDIER is the other one that interests me , arrives on the back of a CD win when beating Catrake Force by 2 1/4 lengths in a maiden stakes race. More will be required today but given hes only had the six races to date theres every chance that now hes found where the winning the line is he can go in again (or thats what im hoping anyway !) and doesnt look harshly treated back in a handicap. One from one over CD. Tom Clover sends just this one to the course this evening , and has a 20% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst jockey Rob Havlin has a 19% strike rate over the same period and also comes here for just this one ride.

4.30 Wolverhampton - Shes Centimental 10/1 (Hills,BFred,Lads)
SHE'S CENTIMENTAL is the one im backing for this one , only CD winner in the race which is the first thing that caught my eye have to be honest , hasnt been seen at her best for a while has to be said but as a result she has come down in the handicap and i think todays mark gives her a shout if she can arrive anyway near her best. Gotta say the draw could prove a hinderance but fingers crossed she can overcome that , two wins from three runs over this afternoons CD , and has done well in class 5's with three wins and a place from five outings. Alice Haynes has just this one at the meeting and Christian Howarth also here for just this one ride.

Last edited:
Saturday 13th January

3.00 Warwick - Volcano 20/1 (365,Coral,BFred) :hissyfit
Bottom weight VOLCANO catches my eye for this one despite being out of the weights , he was out of the weights last time he contested this race and managed fifth place and im hoping he can improve on that here this afternoon at a decent price , that run last year was the first time he had been unplaced here at Warwick where he usually runs well , three wins from four runs over CD and five wins from six outings here overall. Hasnt shown much in his last two runs after a sound enough effort on return to action back in October last year when second at Ludlow. So obviously will have to improve on what hes shown so far but hes definatley better than his last two runs and i think that given his liking for it here at Warwick a big run could be on the cards. The other downside from my point of view is hes yet to win or place in a class one but theres a first time for everything so im not gonna write his chances off totally just because of that and he has won off higher than todays mark. Trainer Sheila Lewis sends just this one to the meeting , and though she hasnt had a winner for a while she does do well when sending her runners here with a 29.2% strike rate over the last five years. Jockey Ben Jones in the saddle and hes the usual pilot with five wins and two places from his twenty three rides to date , he also does well when coming here with a 16.9% strike rate in the same period.

3.35 Warwick - Two For Gold 16/1 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit - Thomas Darby 9/1 (Hills) :hissyfit
Others probably come into the race holding better claims but theres two in this one i like the look of at decent enough prices who i think could go close if they're on song. To start with im siding with top weight TWO FOR GOLD who will very likely have to be at his very best to take this from todays mark but the way im looking at is hes top weight for a reason , and its definatley within the realms of possibilty as far as im concerned. One from one over todays CD and two / two at the course overall , he was pulled up last time at Chepstow but prior to that had run a sound enough race to come second to Victtorino in a class one at Ascot. The winner has gone in again since , and the third was fourth in the Coral Gold Cup at Newbury , the fourth and fifth home have also ran well since that race so the form looks fairly good to my untrained eye. Kim Bailey has just this one here this afternoon , and he has a 27.3% strike rate when coming here this term , and jockey Ciaran Gethings is on board for his second ride (unplaced in the first) and he has a 20% strike rate here this season. The other selection is next in the handicap THOMAS DARBY who arrives on the back of a last time out win over todays CD (beating a couple of todays opponents) and i think he can go well again despite the 4lb rise hes got especially if hes in the same sort of mood as he was in that race. One from one over todays CD and has a win and a place from two starts here at Warwick overall. Has won off todays mark in the past and i cant see any reason why he shouldnt go well again tbh. Trainer Olly Murphy has a 24.1% strike rate over the last month and has an 18.8% strike rate when sending his runners here this season. Harry Skelton in the saddle for the first time , and he has a 21.9% strike rate when coming here over the last five years.

6.00 Wolverhampton - Rogue Soldier 4/1 (Coral) :hissyfit 3rd - Miss Bluebelle 7/2 (365,Coral) :thumb 1st 7/2
Two catch my eye in this one , firstly MISS BLUEBELLE whose been running well enough since returning from a 90 day break back in August of last year - 1,9,4,2 .. was a decent second over this evenings CD last time , going down by a couple of lengths to Civil Law and i think she can go close again here. Yet to be unplaced in three runs over CD with a win and two places from three runs. Yet to win in a class four but went well in a class higher last time so i dont think too much can be read into that if im being honest , Dougie Costello in the plate and hes ridden the horse on all starts since returning to action giving him an overall record of two wins and a place from nine rides overall whilst trainer Marcus Tregoning also here for just this one today. ROGUE SOLDIER is the other one that interests me , arrives on the back of a CD win when beating Catrake Force by 2 1/4 lengths in a maiden stakes race. More will be required today but given hes only had the six races to date theres every chance that now hes found where the winning the line is he can go in again (or thats what im hoping anyway !) and doesnt look harshly treated back in a handicap. One from one over CD. Tom Clover sends just this one to the course this evening , and has a 20% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst jockey Rob Havlin has a 19% strike rate over the same period and also comes here for just this one ride.

4.30 Wolverhampton - Shes Centimental 10/1 (Hills,BFred,Lads) Non Runner
SHE'S CENTIMENTAL is the one im backing for this one , only CD winner in the race which is the first thing that caught my eye have to be honest , hasnt been seen at her best for a while has to be said but as a result she has come down in the handicap and i think todays mark gives her a shout if she can arrive anyway near her best. Gotta say the draw could prove a hinderance but fingers crossed she can overcome that , two wins from three runs over this afternoons CD , and has done well in class 5's with three wins and a place from five outings. Alice Haynes has just this one at the meeting and Christian Howarth also here for just this one ride.

Running Totals - January

Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost
Stone Soldier 25/1 Lost
Zip 17/2 Lost
Mafia Power 33/1 Lost
Airshow 11/1 Lost
Reverberation 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 15/8

Volcano 20/1 Lost
Two For Gold 16/1 Lost
Thomas Darby 9/1 Lost
Rogue Soldier 4/1 Lost (3rd)
Miss Bluebelle 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 7/2

She's Centimental 10/1 Non Runner

Bets 19 .. Won 3 .. EP -7.25 / SP -9.52

Sunday 14th January

3.00 Lingfield - Count Otto 7/2 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
Like the chances of top weight COUNT OTTO in this one who comes into this on the back of a neck second to Twilight Madness over this afternoons CD last time , that result more impressive because of his poor draw , hes much better berthed today and i can see him going one better here. Does well here at Leafy with a record of six wins and two places from his twenty starts over CD. Has won from higher than todays mark and in the class so he has ticks in all the right boxes for me , and i think he can go very close. Trainer Amanda Perrett has a 13% strike rate when sending her runners here overall and he's her only runner on the card , it caught my eye that Rossa Ryan is in the saddle for the first time , been amongst the winners lately and has a 40% strike rate here at Lingfield this season along with a small +£3.50 profit.

Last edited:
Sunday 14th January

3.00 Lingfield - Count Otto 7/2 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Like the chances of top weight COUNT OTTO in this one who comes into this on the back of a neck second to Twilight Madness over this afternoons CD last time , that result more impressive because of his poor draw , hes much better berthed today and i can see him going one better here. Does well here at Leafy with a record of six wins and two places from his twenty starts over CD. Has won from higher than todays mark and in the class so he has ticks in all the right boxes for me , and i think he can go very close. Trainer Amanda Perrett has a 13% strike rate when sending her runners here overall and he's her only runner on the card , it caught my eye that Rossa Ryan is in the saddle for the first time , been amongst the winners lately and has a 40% strike rate here at Lingfield this season along with a small +£3.50 profit.

Running Totals - January

Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost
Stone Soldier 25/1 Lost
Zip 17/2 Lost
Mafia Power 33/1 Lost
Airshow 11/1 Lost
Reverberation 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 15/8

Volcano 20/1 Lost
Two For Gold 16/1 Lost
Thomas Darby 9/1 Lost
Miss Bluebelle 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 7/2

Count Otto 7/2 Lost

Bets 20 .. Won 3 .. EP -8.25 / SP -10.52

Tuesday 16th January

3.05 Wolverhampton - Cobh Harbour 12/1 (365,SkyBet) - Dakota Power 9/1 (365)
Going to side with a couple in this one , first one is handicap debutant COBH HARBOUR who looks reasonably treated on what hes achieved thus far , and seems to be getting with each run so im hoping he can finally get his head in front here , having two thirds and a second from his three runs to date. Trainer doesnt too bad here and jockey Shane Kelly here for just this one ride , has ridden him the last twice coming third and then second last time out , and he has a 17% strike rate over the last couple of weeks. Should be in the mix and can hopefully make his handicap debut a winning one. DAKOTA POWER is the other one i like , has been in decent form lately coming third in his last three races , the last one being over todays CD where he was beaten 1/2 length by the re opposing Pessoa , with Mumayaz second and Swinging Eddie fourth (also re opposing) , but im hopeful that he can turn the form around with the first two home. Yet to win over todays distance but has run well in all three starts over CD , placing in each of them and i think its only a matter of time before he gets his head in front. Run well on most starts here at Wolverhampton with an overall record of one win - four places from six runs. Doesnt look badly drawn and i think he can go well here this afternoon. Roger Teal sends just this one to the course today , and he has a 12.2% strike rate here at Wolverhampton , whilst jockey Aiden Keeley also here for just this one ride , rides the horse for the first time , and his 3lb claim will come in handy. Has a 31% strike rate over the last two weeks , and a 50% strike rate when coming here this term along with a profit of +£10.00.

4.10 Wolverhampton - Storm Valley 5/1 (SkyBet)
STORM VALLEY catches my eye in this , although there a few others who look as though they could go close in all honesty , made a pleasing debut for her new stable last time out when a 3/4 length third to Have You A Minute over todays CD. That was also her first run after a break so hopefully she'll come on for that and go a couple of places better here. Comes here on the same mark as last time , and if in the same sort of mood as last time then that should see her bang there i think. Matt Crawley sends just this one to the meeting , and he has a 29% strike rate here at Wolverhampton whilst Rossa Ryan in the saddle for the first time , in decent form of late and imho anything he rides is usually worth a second glance. Has an 18% strike rate here overall.

3.55 Newcastle - Bobby Shaftoe 13/2 (365)
The fact that Jim Goldie sends just BOBBY SHAFTOE on on the long schlepp from his Scots base is good enough for me to get involved here , does well round here with four wins and two places from thirteen starts overall , whilst he has three wins from six runs over this afternoons CD which makes me think he can give a good account. Ran poorly the last three times but before that put in some solid efforts - 3,2,5,2,4,1 with the last three of those being here at Newcastle. Class , draw all look okay to me , and i can see a decent run being on the cards (hopefully he said). As i said the trainer sends just this one to the meeting today , and he has been amongst the winners lately with an 18% strike rate over the past three weeks , and he has a 16.7% strike rate when sending his runners here this season. Mark Winn in the hot seat on his only ride of the day and when he and Goldie have teamed up over the last three weeks they come away with a 20% strike rate. Should be in the mix of things,

5.00 Newcastle - Swiss Ace 9/2 (365)
SWISS ACE is my selection in this race , comes into it on the back of a length win over 7f here at Newcastle last time , although it was only a length it was a decisive looking win to my eyes and if in the same sort of form this evening then he should be making his presence felt i think. Does well here at Newcastle with three wins and two places from his nine runs , placed on only start over todays CD , yet to win over todays distance in four attempts but im hopeful of a big run and hopefully todays the day he gets his first win over a mile. Ruth Carr has just this one representing her here today , and shes been in good form with a 38% strike rate over the last 21 days , and this season she has a 50% strike rate when sending her runners here along with a profit of +£8.00. Joanna Mason also arrives in tip top form with a 28% strike rate in the last three weeks , rode the horse to that last time out win making her record on the horse two wins and a place from seven rides. When the trainer and jockey have partnered over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate.

7.30 Newcastle - Phoenix Star 7/1 (SkyBet)
I like the look of PHOENIX STAR for this , has been in fair form overall although threw in a stinker last time when only managing a 14 length 9th of 12 here over 6f , think we can forgive that run as for he me seems to more effective over todays 5f , and over todays CD hes had fourteen runs resulting in three wins and six places so obviously knows his way round here. Has won off higher than todays mark which is another reason i think he could go well , along with the fact he looks well drawn to me. Jessica Macey has just this one here tonight , and shes been amongst the winners with a 20% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and the in form Ethan Jones in the saddle for the first time , proving to be good value for his 7lb claim , with a 30% strike rate over the last month. Should be there or thereabouts come the business end of things.

Last edited:
Running Totals - January

Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost
Stone Soldier 25/1 Lost
Zip 17/2 Lost
Mafia Power 33/1 Lost
Airshow 11/1 Lost
Reverberation 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 15/8

Volcano 20/1 Lost
Two For Gold 16/1 Lost
Thomas Darby 9/1 Lost
Miss Bluebelle 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 7/2

Count Otto 7/2 Lost
Cobh Harbour 12/1 Lost
Dakota Power 9/1 Non Runner
Storm Valley 5/1 Lost (2nd)
Bobby Shaftoe 13/2 Lost
Swiss Ace 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Phoenix Star 7/1 Lost (3rd)

Bets 25 .. Won 3 .. EP -13.25 / SP -15.52

Thursday 18th January

6.30 Southwell - Valsad 10/1 (Hills)
At the price i think VALSAD could be worth a go in this one , hasnt been seen for a while and is making his debut for Jamie Osbourne after leaving Roger Charltons' yard. Hasnt won coming back from a break but has gone well fresh in the past and im hoping that new surroundings can see him back on track after a couple of poor efforts to finish off last year. Before that he had been in fine form with a second after 105 days followed by a cosy 3/4 length win , after that came two poor runs where he could only manage distant sevenths in both. Won on his only visit to the course , and though he hasnt won at todays distance im fairly confident he can close here if on song and ready to go. Jamie Osbourne is one of those trainers i have a hard time trying to figure out if im honest but be can get one ready when he wants i do know that , and he sends just this one to the meeting. Callum Shepherd in the saddle for the first time , and hes been in decent form lately with a 19% strike rate over the last three weeks and when coming here to Shuvvel this season hes got a 27.3% strike rate. Not a dead cert by any stretch of the imagination but at the price worth a go i think.

Last edited:
Running Totals - January

Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost
Stone Soldier 25/1 Lost
Zip 17/2 Lost
Mafia Power 33/1 Lost
Airshow 11/1 Lost
Reverberation 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 15/8

Volcano 20/1 Lost
Two For Gold 16/1 Lost
Thomas Darby 9/1 Lost
Miss Bluebelle 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 7/2

Count Otto 7/2 Lost
Cobh Harbour 12/1 Lost
Dakota Power 9/1 Non Runner
Storm Valley 5/1 Lost (2nd)
Bobby Shaftoe 13/2 Lost
Swiss Ace 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Phoenix Star 7/1 Lost (3rd)
Valsad 10/1 Lost

Bets 26 .. Won 3 .. EP -14.25 / SP -16.52

Last edited:
Friday 19th January

2.50 Wolverhampton - Outreach 4/1 (365) - Van Zant 13/2 (365)
Think a couple could go well in this one , firstly current favourite OUTREACH who comes into this in decent nick , winning last time out by beating Rebel Redemption by a three quarters of a length over this afternoons CD , and talking off CD he's done well over todays with a win and two places from his three runs thus far. Hasnt won off a mark this high before but im hopeful of a good showing nevertheless , looks to me to be decently drawn and i think he can go well once again. Mark Usher has just this one here this afternoon and he has a 20% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , George Bass was on board for the first time lto and hes united with the horse on his sole ride of the day and his 3lb claim will come in handy. VAN ZANT is the other one i like the chances of , who was a poor 8th lto when beaten by Bobby Joe Leg at Newcastle , that one went in again on next run yesterday , but before that outing had been showing up well and i think hes worth another chance here this afternoon. Yet to be unplaced here with a win and a place from two runs , both over CD. Ruth Carr sends just this one to the meeting and shes been in good form lately with a 31.6% strike rate in the past month along with a profit of +£31.50. And she does well here overall with an 11.5% strike rate and a profit of +21.63. James Sullivan also here for just this one , and from 13 rides hes yet to win aboard the horse (placing three times) , but like the trainer hes in great form at the moment with an 18% strike rate over the last three weeks and a 66.7% strike rate when coming here to Wolverhampton this term along with a +£10.00 profit to boot. And when trainer and jockey have teamed up over the last three weeks they come away with a 50% strike rate.

Last edited:
Running Totals - January

Heathen 5/2 Lost
Inferno Sacree 14/1 Lost
Smokey Mountain 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10
Tio Mio 14/1 Non Runner
Prince Ali 12/1 Lost