• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Monday 11th December

7.00 Wolverhampton - Q Twenty Boy 9/2 (Hills) - Jumiera Bridge 7/1 (365)
Quite an open looking handicap but two in particular catch my eye , first one is Q TWENTY BOY , was a non runner here four days ago and it always makes me think that when they're pulled and then have another entry within a few days the trainer / connections think they hold a better chance (dont know why i think this but there you go) , been in grand form lately with a win and two seconds in his last two runs , the last run was over 5f whilst and the previous two were over tonights CD. Has a good solid record here with a win and three places from five runs overall whilst over CD its a win and two places from four runs. Has won off higher marks than todays , and went close the last twice of a 1lb less the last twice , short head over CD in penultimate run and a length last time out over 5f. For me everything looks right for a solid run. Trainer Mark Usher has a 13% strike rate overall when coming here , and jockey Alicia Perkins helps the burden by taking off 7lb with her claim , shes here for just this one ride and has a win and two places from her six rides to date. JUMIERA BRIDGE is my other selection , and like Q Twenty Boy was down to run on the 7th December Here (same race) , so going along with the same thinking i have to make him a selection. Last time out was fifth of twelve at Wolverhampton over 6f , before that won nicely by a length and a half from Bluebells Boy over this evenings CD. That win was his best effort for a while if im being honest , but he does seem to do well here at Chelmsford , with three wins and two places from nice runs over CD , so im hoping that a return to a course which seems to be a fairly happy hunting ground can bring about a decent effort. Has won off higher marks than todays , and class and draw have ticks in the right boxes. Trainer D Shaw does okay here and jockey Jonathon Fisher here for just this one , 5lb claim will come in handy and has a win from his four rides on the horse to date.

Last edited:
Wednesday 20th December

11.30 Lingfield - Artisan Dancer 13/8 (365) - Smith 9/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads)
Two in this one look as though they could go close to me , first of those is current favourite ARTISAN DANCER , who i expected to be around EV so had to snap the 13/8 up that was on offer , has been in cracking form since winning in August - 1,1,1,6,3,2,2,2 and hopefully that rich vein of form can continue there this morning. Was three quarters of a length second over CD last time out , the re opposing Smith was eighth , taking his record over CD to one win and one place from his two races here. Gone up 1lb for that lto effort and if in the same sort of form then i can see him being bang there come the business end. Charlie Johnston has a 16% strike rate over the last fortnight , and does well when coming here this season with a 17.1% strike rate. Archie Young in the hot seat on his only ride of the meeting , and hes a decent young jockey i think , this will be his first time on the horse , and when coming to Leafy this term he has a 50% strike rate. SMITH is the other one that interests me , and i think that theres a fair chance that he can improve on his last time out eighth over CD , he was coming back from 187 days off , and given his liking for it round here i think now the cobwebs have been blown away he can give a much better account of himself. From his eleven races over this mornings CD hes won six times and placed in a further two so to my mind he definatley has a liking for it here at Lingfield. His last win came over CD back in February and hes now 1lb lower than that so has to hold serious chances imho. Lydia Richards is a trainer i like and she has a 17% strike rate in the last couple of weeks , and she has a 13% strike rate overall here at the course and it catches my eye that she sends just this one to the meeting. Jockey Molly Gunn helps the cause with her 3lb claim , and this will be her first time on the horse. Has a 12.5% strike rate here this term along with a small profit of +£2.00.

1.45 Lingfield - Sixties Chic 9/2 (365) - Glamorous Express 4/1 (365)
This one looks a wide open race where a case could be made for many of the runners tbh , but two in particular stand out for me and im gonna go with both of those in the hope that one of them can come out ahead. The first of those is GLAMOROUS EXPRESS who arrives on the back of a last time out win over this afternoons CD , where he beat his re opposing stablemate Mumayaz by a short head and i think theres every chance of another solid showing here. One from one over CD , class and draw both look okay to me , and the fact that Rossa Ryan is in the hot seat for the first time adds to my confidence and , to me , could point to a statement of intent from the trainer / connections. Been riding well , with a 22.2% strike rate in the last month , and does well when coming here to ride with a 19.8% strike rate this season. Trainer Tony Carroll has two in the race (the selection and Mumayaz) , and he knows how to ready one when he wants , and has a 11.7% strike rate this season when coming here along with a healthy looking profit of +£27.00. SIXTIES CHIC is the other one i like the chances of , comes here in rude health , since coming back from a long lay off of 464 days she's excelled with figures of - 4,3,1,2,1 .. beat Maharajas Express by 3/4 length last time over todays CD , but that was a cosy looking win so i think she could of won by more but she seems to do just enough when she wins. One from one over CD and has a win and a place from two runs at the course in total. Everything looks good for a solid run although this will be her first attempt from a mark this high. Jack Channon brings just this one to the meeting , and has a 33.3% strike rate in the past fortnight , and has a 20% strike rate when coming here this term . Jockey George Bass also here for just this one , and his 3lb claim wont go amiss , has two places from his four rides on her to date , has a 33% strike rate over the last three weeks and when teaming up with the trainer over the same period they have a 50% strike rate.

2.25 Ludlow - All The Glory 13/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Lilting Verse 3/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A couple stand out for me in this , first up is top weight ALL THE GLORY who comes into this on the back of a seven length second to Shanagh Bob , that could turn out to be solid form with the winner then going onto win a grade two next time out. Has been in good form all year to be honest , in the first half she had a third , a second and a win from her three outings , and then after returning in August after a break her record reads - 1,2,2,4,2 .. and i honestly cant see why she shouldnt be in the firing line once again. Placed on her sole start here at Ludlow , when third on her racing debut. Jonjo O'Neill has just this one here today , and hes been amongst the winners lately with a 17.1% strike rate over the last four weeks , and hes done well with his runners here this season with a 28.6% strike rate along with a profit of +£6.50. Jockey James Smith takes off a valuable 7lb and he too is here for just this one , has ridden the horse once before and that was last time out when second , and he has a 100% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and is also 1/1 when riding for Jonjo over the last three weeks. The other one that catches my eye is LILTING VERSE , won at the second time of asking over hurdles last time out when beating Between Waters by six lengths over this afternoons CD (making her one from one here) , that rival re opposes again here today and hopefully despite the 7lb rise she'll have her measure once again. Has won a listed NHF race at the back end of last year which for me is probably the best form on offer here , and she looks a decent sort. Fergal O'Brien been going great guns recently with a 32% strike rate over the last two weeks , and he has a 30% strike rate when coming here this season , along with a small profit of +£3.00. Jockey Connor Brace on board on his only start of the day , and he has two wins and a place from his five rides on the horse to date. Has a 14% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 16.7% strike rate when coming here this term. And when teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 25% strike rate.

4.55 Kempton - Ocean Heights 10/1 (Hills)
A few in this one look to hold chances but i think that OCEAN HEIGHTS could give a good account of himself at a decent price. Was a solid second to Suffrajet over 1m3f here last time out , going down by 1/2 length , with the re opposing Devizes back in eighth. In his penultimate run he was third to Miss Dolly Rocker over 1m , again here at Kempton , even though he hasnt won here he has placed in three of his four starts at the course , and i i think that given his NHF and Hurdling background this slight increase in distance could play to his strengths , hopefully. David Pipe sends just this one to the course , and Aiden Keeley , whose taking the ride for the first time , also here for just this one and he has a 25% strike rate when coming here to ride.

Last edited:
Wednesday 20th December

11.30 Lingfield - Artisan Dancer 13/8 (365) :hissyfit- Smith 9/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads) :hissyfit
Two in this one look as though they could go close to me , first of those is current favourite ARTISAN DANCER , who i expected to be around EV so had to snap the 13/8 up that was on offer , has been in cracking form since winning in August - 1,1,1,6,3,2,2,2 and hopefully that rich vein of form can continue there this morning. Was three quarters of a length second over CD last time out , the re opposing Smith was eighth , taking his record over CD to one win and one place from his two races here. Gone up 1lb for that lto effort and if in the same sort of form then i can see him being bang there come the business end. Charlie Johnston has a 16% strike rate over the last fortnight , and does well when coming here this season with a 17.1% strike rate. Archie Young in the hot seat on his only ride of the meeting , and hes a decent young jockey i think , this will be his first time on the horse , and when coming to Leafy this term he has a 50% strike rate. SMITH is the other one that interests me , and i think that theres a fair chance that he can improve on his last time out eighth over CD , he was coming back from 187 days off , and given his liking for it round here i think now the cobwebs have been blown away he can give a much better account of himself. From his eleven races over this mornings CD hes won six times and placed in a further two so to my mind he definatley has a liking for it here at Lingfield. His last win came over CD back in February and hes now 1lb lower than that so has to hold serious chances imho. Lydia Richards is a trainer i like and she has a 17% strike rate in the last couple of weeks , and she has a 13% strike rate overall here at the course and it catches my eye that she sends just this one to the meeting. Jockey Molly Gunn helps the cause with her 3lb claim , and this will be her first time on the horse. Has a 12.5% strike rate here this term along with a small profit of +£2.00.

1.45 Lingfield - Sixties Chic 9/2 (365) :hissyfit- Glamorous Express 4/1 (365) Non Runner
This one looks a wide open race where a case could be made for many of the runners tbh , but two in particular stand out for me and im gonna go with both of those in the hope that one of them can come out ahead. The first of those is GLAMOROUS EXPRESS who arrives on the back of a last time out win over this afternoons CD , where he beat his re opposing stablemate Mumayaz by a short head and i think theres every chance of another solid showing here. One from one over CD , class and draw both look okay to me , and the fact that Rossa Ryan is in the hot seat for the first time adds to my confidence and , to me , could point to a statement of intent from the trainer / connections. Been riding well , with a 22.2% strike rate in the last month , and does well when coming here to ride with a 19.8% strike rate this season. Trainer Tony Carroll has two in the race (the selection and Mumayaz) , and he knows how to ready one when he wants , and has a 11.7% strike rate this season when coming here along with a healthy looking profit of +£27.00. SIXTIES CHIC is the other one i like the chances of , comes here in rude health , since coming back from a long lay off of 464 days she's excelled with figures of - 4,3,1,2,1 .. beat Maharajas Express by 3/4 length last time over todays CD , but that was a cosy looking win so i think she could of won by more but she seems to do just enough when she wins. One from one over CD and has a win and a place from two runs at the course in total. Everything looks good for a solid run although this will be her first attempt from a mark this high. Jack Channon brings just this one to the meeting , and has a 33.3% strike rate in the past fortnight , and has a 20% strike rate when coming here this term . Jockey George Bass also here for just this one , and his 3lb claim wont go amiss , has two places from his four rides on her to date , has a 33% strike rate over the last three weeks and when teaming up with the trainer over the same period they have a 50% strike rate.

2.25 Ludlow - All The Glory 13/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Lilting Verse 3/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
A couple stand out for me in this , first up is top weight ALL THE GLORY who comes into this on the back of a seven length second to Shanagh Bob , that could turn out to be solid form with the winner then going onto win a grade two next time out. Has been in good form all year to be honest , in the first half she had a third , a second and a win from her three outings , and then after returning in August after a break her record reads - 1,2,2,4,2 .. and i honestly cant see why she shouldnt be in the firing line once again. Placed on her sole start here at Ludlow , when third on her racing debut. Jonjo O'Neill has just this one here today , and hes been amongst the winners lately with a 17.1% strike rate over the last four weeks , and hes done well with his runners here this season with a 28.6% strike rate along with a profit of +£6.50. Jockey James Smith takes off a valuable 7lb and he too is here for just this one , has ridden the horse once before and that was last time out when second , and he has a 100% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and is also 1/1 when riding for Jonjo over the last three weeks. The other one that catches my eye is LILTING VERSE , won at the second time of asking over hurdles last time out when beating Between Waters by six lengths over this afternoons CD (making her one from one here) , that rival re opposes again here today and hopefully despite the 7lb rise she'll have her measure once again. Has won a listed NHF race at the back end of last year which for me is probably the best form on offer here , and she looks a decent sort. Fergal O'Brien been going great guns recently with a 32% strike rate over the last two weeks , and he has a 30% strike rate when coming here this season , along with a small profit of +£3.00. Jockey Connor Brace on board on his only start of the day , and he has two wins and a place from his five rides on the horse to date. Has a 14% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 16.7% strike rate when coming here this term. And when teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 25% strike rate.

4.55 Kempton - Ocean Heights 10/1 (Hills) :thumb 1st 7/1
A few in this one look to hold chances but i think that OCEAN HEIGHTS could give a good account of himself at a decent price. Was a solid second to Suffrajet over 1m3f here last time out , going down by 1/2 length , with the re opposing Devizes back in eighth. In his penultimate run he was third to Miss Dolly Rocker over 1m , again here at Kempton , even though he hasnt won here he has placed in three of his four starts at the course , and i i think that given his NHF and Hurdling background this slight increase in distance could play to his strengths , hopefully. David Pipe sends just this one to the course , and Aiden Keeley , whose taking the ride for the first time , also here for just this one and he has a 25% strike rate when coming here to ride.

Running Totals - December

Gift Of Raaj 8/1 Non Runner
Kalamity Kitty 7/1 Lost
Smith 20/1 Lost
Speed Dial Baileys 6/1 Lost
Lets Go Hugo 7/1 Non Runner
Pablo Prince 10/1 Lost
Blazeon Five 18/1 Lost
Sir Chauvelin 10/1 Lost
Abbeys Dream 7/1 Lost
Sir Maxi 5/1 Lost
Bobby Shaftoe 4/1 Lost
Delta Legend 14/1 Lost
Power Of Darkness 15/2 Lost
Letmelivemylife 7/1 Lost
Titan Rock 10/1 Lost
Q Twenty Boy 9/2 Lost
Jumeira Bridge 7/1 Lost
Artisan Dancer 13/8 Lost
Smith 9/1 Lost
Sixties Chic 9/2 Lost
Glamorous Express 4/1 Non Runner
All The Glory 13/2 Lost
Lilting Verse 3/1 Lost
Ocean Heights 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Bets 20 .. Won 1 .. EP -9.00 / SP -12.00

Saturday 23rd December

2.25 Ascot - Paisley Park 13/2 (365,Hills,BFred) - Dashel Drasher 17/2 (Hills)
An open looking race where a case could be made for most of the runners tbh but i'm siding with a couple of the old guard who met last time out , coming first and second , to give solid accounts. First one is DASHEL DRASHER who won the aforementioned race by a head from the re opposing Paisley Park , hes a tough individual and you know he'll run his best race and that he wont go down without a fight. Does well here at Ascot with four wins from his six runs , hasnt run over CD as yet but has a decent record over todays trip with a win and two places from four outings. Trainer Jeremy Scott sends just this one to the course today , and like his charge he does well here with a 26.5% strike rate over the last five years , Rex Dingle in the saddle and he seems to get on well with the horse with three wins and five places from his twelve rides aboard the horse to date. When he and the trainer have combined forces over the last three weeks they come away with a 33% strike rate. PAISLEY PARK is the other selection , as stated above was beaten into second last time (by a head) , by the other choice , and that was a solid effort coming back from a 260 day lay off. Should come on for that outing and i'm hoping that he can put in another solid effort and be bang there come the business end of things. Has won this race three times so knows his way round here well enough , two wins and a place from three runs over this afternoons CD , and figures of - 1131 in this race overall , to me everything points to a big run , and i cant see him being far away come the line. Emma Lavelle has just this one respresenting her at the meeting today , and though she hasnt been in the best of form lately i cant write her off here at Ascot where she has a 15.6% strike rate. Thomas Bellamy has yet to win on the horse but he has two places from his two rides so far so hopefully todays the day he can notch his first win aboard the horse.

1.30 Haydock - Credo 11/2 (365) - Famous Bridge 11/4 (365)
Another race that looks wide open and another race where i like the look of two runners who met last time out and came first and second , FAMOUS BRIDGE improved on his re appearance fourth when winning over CD last time out , beating the re opposing Credo by a length , and Eleanor Bob also lining up a further 4 1/4 lengths back in fourth. Won the race well and i think theres every possibilty that he can follow up here today making it three wins from his last four races. Nicky Richards has just this one at the meeting this afternoon , and hes been in decent form with a 27.6% strike rate over the last month , jockey Sean Quinlan in the plate and he rode the horse to victory last time making him two from two to date. Has a 33% strike rate here this term and an 18% strike rate when teaming up with the trainer. My other selection CREDO was second to Famous Bridge last time , and shes been in good form since returning to action , winning on her appearance and then the lto second , that was a good effort and i think theres every chance at the weights that she might be able to reverse those placings here today. Yet to win at the distance but she has won over further so dont think thats an issue tbh and she'll be winning over it sooner rather than later i think. Anthony Honeyball has been amongst the winners lately with a 23% strike rate over the last two weeks , and he sends just this one out to Haydock today , whilst Sam Twiston Davies is in the hot seat and he rode the horse last time out , has a 20% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and when coming here to Haydock he has a 16.7% strike rate overall.

3.00 Ascot - Switch Hitter 18/1 (Hills,Coral,Lads)
A few of these look to hold serious chances and im siding with what looks like Paul Nicholls second string in SWITCH HITTER , who made a pleasing re appearance when third here at Ascot over 3m last time out , should come on for that run now the cobwebs have been blown away and i think he could go well at a nice price. Would probably have to improve on what he's done so far but thats entirely possible considering who trains him and the fact that he hasnt got many miles on the clock. Trainer has a 28% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and has a 35.7% strike rate when coming here this term , Freddie Gingell in the hot seat , and his 5lb claim wont go amiss , and i think hes good value for that claim , when he and the trainer have teamed up over the past 3 weeks they have a 100% strike rate , and over the last two weeks the jockey has a 50% strike rate.
Hasnt won on the horse but has placed on his sole start to date , third last time out.

Last edited:
Saturday 23rd December

2.25 Ascot - Paisley Park 13/2 (365,Hills,BFred) :hissyfit 2nd- Dashel Drasher 17/2 (Hills) :hissyfit 3rd
An open looking race where a case could be made for most of the runners tbh but i'm siding with a couple of the old guard who met last time out , coming first and second , to give solid accounts. First one is DASHEL DRASHER who won the aforementioned race by a head from the re opposing Paisley Park , hes a tough individual and you know he'll run his best race and that he wont go down without a fight. Does well here at Ascot with four wins from his six runs , hasnt run over CD as yet but has a decent record over todays trip with a win and two places from four outings. Trainer Jeremy Scott sends just this one to the course today , and like his charge he does well here with a 26.5% strike rate over the last five years , Rex Dingle in the saddle and he seems to get on well with the horse with three wins and five places from his twelve rides aboard the horse to date. When he and the trainer have combined forces over the last three weeks they come away with a 33% strike rate. PAISLEY PARK is the other selection , as stated above was beaten into second last time (by a head) , by the other choice , and that was a solid effort coming back from a 260 day lay off. Should come on for that outing and i'm hoping that he can put in another solid effort and be bang there come the business end of things. Has won this race three times so knows his way round here well enough , two wins and a place from three runs over this afternoons CD , and figures of - 1131 in this race overall , to me everything points to a big run , and i cant see him being far away come the line. Emma Lavelle has just this one respresenting her at the meeting today , and though she hasnt been in the best of form lately i cant write her off here at Ascot where she has a 15.6% strike rate. Thomas Bellamy has yet to win on the horse but he has two places from his two rides so far so hopefully todays the day he can notch his first win aboard the horse.

1.30 Haydock - Credo 11/2 (365) :hissyfit 3rd - Famous Bridge 11/4 (365) :thumb 1st 5/2
Another race that looks wide open and another race where i like the look of two runners who met last time out and came first and second , FAMOUS BRIDGE improved on his re appearance fourth when winning over CD last time out , beating the re opposing Credo by a length , and Eleanor Bob also lining up a further 4 1/4 lengths back in fourth. Won the race well and i think theres every possibilty that he can follow up here today making it three wins from his last four races. Nicky Richards has just this one at the meeting this afternoon , and hes been in decent form with a 27.6% strike rate over the last month , jockey Sean Quinlan in the plate and he rode the horse to victory last time making him two from two to date. Has a 33% strike rate here this term and an 18% strike rate when teaming up with the trainer. My other selection CREDO was second to Famous Bridge last time , and shes been in good form since returning to action , winning on her appearance and then the lto second , that was a good effort and i think theres every chance at the weights that she might be able to reverse those placings here today. Yet to win at the distance but she has won over further so dont think thats an issue tbh and she'll be winning over it sooner rather than later i think. Anthony Honeyball has been amongst the winners lately with a 23% strike rate over the last two weeks , and he sends just this one out to Haydock today , whilst Sam Twiston Davies is in the hot seat and he rode the horse last time out , has a 20% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and when coming here to Haydock he has a 16.7% strike rate overall.

3.00 Ascot - Switch Hitter 18/1 (Hills,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit
A few of these look to hold serious chances and im siding with what looks like Paul Nicholls second string in SWITCH HITTER , who made a pleasing re appearance when third here at Ascot over 3m last time out , should come on for that run now the cobwebs have been blown away and i think he could go well at a nice price. Would probably have to improve on what he's done so far but thats entirely possible considering who trains him and the fact that he hasnt got many miles on the clock. Trainer has a 28% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and has a 35.7% strike rate when coming here this term , Freddie Gingell in the hot seat , and his 5lb claim wont go amiss , and i think hes good value for that claim , when he and the trainer have teamed up over the past 3 weeks they have a 100% strike rate , and over the last two weeks the jockey has a 50% strike rate.
Hasnt won on the horse but has placed on his sole start to date , third last time out.

Kalamity Kitty 7/1 Lost
Smith 20/1 Lost
Pablo Prince 10/1 Lost
Blazeon Five 18/1 Lost
Sir Chauvelin 10/1 Lost
Abbeys Dream 7/1 Lost
Sir Maxi 5/1 Lost
Bobby Shaftoe 4/1 Lost
Delta Legend 14/1 Lost
Letmelivemylife 7/1 Lost
Titan Rock 10/1 Lost
Q Twenty Boy 9/2 Lost
Jumeira Bridge 7/1 Lost
Artisan Dancer 13/8 Lost
Smith 9/1 Lost
Sixties Chic 9/2 Lost
All The Glory 13/2 Lost
Lilting Verse 3/1 Lost
Ocean Heights 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Paisley Park 13/2 Lost (2nd)
Dashel Drasher 17/2 Lost (3rd)
Credo 11/2 Lost (3rd)
Famous Bridge 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Switch Hitter 18/1 Lost

Bets 25 .. Won 2 .. EP -10.25 / SP -13.50

Bit unlucky today with Paisley Park going down by a short head , had he won would of been a nice profit , but it werent to be , so we wait and see what Boxing Day brings

Tuesday 26th December

1.50 Wolverhampton - Miss Anya 4/1 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
Open looking nursery where i think MISS ANYA looks to hold a solid chance , was a good second over CD last time out , only beaten a short head by Elliott and if in the sort of form then she should be making her presence felt. Yet to win a race but she has placed in three of her six starts and i think its only a matter of time before she manages to get her head in front , and the addition of first time cheek pieces cant hurt her chances either. Richard Hughes sends just this one out today and hes been going well of late with a 40% strike rate in the past month , and is doing well when sending his runners here this season with a 16.7% strike rate. 7lb claimer Ethan Jones eases the burden of top weight with his claim , and he too is here for just this one , and he's been amongst the winners too lately with a 42.9% strike rate in the last four weeks , and when trainer and jockey have paired up over the last three weeks they come away with a 50% strike rate.

5.05 Wolverhampton - Prince Hector 12/1 (365,BFred)
PRINCE HECTOR arrives on the back of a short head win last time , beating Mr Trick at 40/1 over todays CD , and could well follow that up here today now that he has found his head in front for the first time. Admittedly not the most reliable of horses but im willing to take a chance at the current price , which i personally think will probably drift , and the fact that that was his first start here at Wolverhampton makes me think a quick return here could pay dividends. This is Jessica Bedis' sole runner at the meeting and she has a 25% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst Paula Muir is in the saddle on her only start of the day , was onboard last time making her record on the horse , a win and two places from ten rides , when teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate.

4.35 Wolverhampton - Civil Law 11/4 (Hills,BFred) - Jilly Cooper 9/1 (365,BFred)
This looks an open looking handicap where you could fancy the chances of a few of the runners but theres two that particularly catch my eye. The first of those is CIVIL LAW who took this race last year , and comes into this just 1lb higher and in decent nick having won over CD last time out , beating Miss Bluebelle by 2 lengths. Seems to excel round this CD with five wins and a place from his eight runs so you certainly couldnt discount a big effort. Yet to win from a mark this high but has won off 87 and gone well from higher so im hoping that it shouldnt be a problem. If arriving in the same mood as his last time win then i think he'll be bang there come the line. Roger Teals' a trainer i rate and he has just this one at the meeting today and has a 23.1% strike rate over the last month , and has a 15% strike rate when sending them here overall. Paddy Bradley on board for the first time and his 3lb claim will help the cause. The other one that caught my eye is JILLY COOPER who has a been hit and miss this year to be honest , starting the year off well with a win , followed that up with a third , second , and then fourth before going completely off the boil until last time out when she was 3/4 length second to Achillea over a mile at Leafy. If she arrives in that form then she could well be troubling the principals. Yet to try this trip so could surprise. Has won off higher than todays mark which is another tick for me personally. Having her first run for new trainer Philip Makin after leaving Charlie Johnstons' yard , and hes brought just this one here this afternoon , and jockey Andrew Breslin is also here for just this one ride , takes a handy 3lb off her back and was fourth on his sole start on her to date.

1.05 Aintree - Florida Dreams 12/1 (365,BFred)
Probably going to regret going against Gordon Elliotts well touted Farren Glory but i like the look of FLORIDA DREAMS for this , who looks a progressive sort to me and at the price looks worth a punt. Won three of his four starts to date including a Grade 2 NHF race here at Aintree back in April after a break of 102 days. Was then put away and returned to action after 204 days off and came third to Primoz in his first start over hurdles , put that experience to good use last time out when winning at Ayr , beating Phantomofthepoints by a neck. Although this is a step up in class i think theres a good possibilty that he'll handle it and run a big race. Only one in the race whose one at the course , and has won twice and placed once at the distance. Ground shouldnt be an issue as all his outings have been on soft or good - soft. Nicky Richards can ready one when he has to , and he has a 30% strike rate over the last four weeks , and this is his only runner on the card , whilst Danny McMenamin also comes here for just this one ride , also in decent form lately with a 21% strike rate and when he and the trainer have partnered over the last three weeks they have a 33% strike rate. He knows the horse well having ridden him on all four starts to date.

1.00 Wetherby - Elogio 11/2 (365)
Fancy the chances of top weight ELOGIO in this one , last couple of races never showed his best form imho and i think he can do better than the fifth and sixth that hes achieved in his last two outings. Prior to this he hadnt seen outside the first two home and hopefully he can get back on track here and show whats hes capable of. Has placed on his sole run here , and hasnt won at the distance in two attempts but has placed in one of those (beaten 3/4 length) so definatley within his compass for me. Yet to win a race for Tom Lacey , who brings just this one to the meeting , left for the yard after his debut win for RJ Bandey. Been in decent form lately with a 19.2% strike rate in the past four weeks. Jockey Cameron Isles comes here for this one ride and has been in banging form with a 75% strike rate over the last month and a profit of +£9.50. First time on the horse and his 7lb claim will help to ease the burden of top weight. Trainer and jockey have teamed up to good effect over the last three weeks with three winners from three , giving them a 100% strike rate.

Last edited:
Tuesday 26th December

1.50 Wolverhampton - Miss Anya 4/1 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Open looking nursery where i think MISS ANYA looks to hold a solid chance , was a good second over CD last time out , only beaten a short head by Elliott and if in the sort of form then she should be making her presence felt. Yet to win a race but she has placed in three of her six starts and i think its only a matter of time before she manages to get her head in front , and the addition of first time cheek pieces cant hurt her chances either. Richard Hughes sends just this one out today and hes been going well of late with a 40% strike rate in the past month , and is doing well when sending his runners here this season with a 16.7% strike rate. 7lb claimer Ethan Jones eases the burden of top weight with his claim , and he too is here for just this one , and he's been amongst the winners too lately with a 42.9% strike rate in the last four weeks , and when trainer and jockey have paired up over the last three weeks they come away with a 50% strike rate.

5.05 Wolverhampton - Prince Hector 12/1 (365,BFred) :hissyfit
PRINCE HECTOR arrives on the back of a short head win last time , beating Mr Trick at 40/1 over todays CD , and could well follow that up here today now that he has found his head in front for the first time. Admittedly not the most reliable of horses but im willing to take a chance at the current price , which i personally think will probably drift , and the fact that that was his first start here at Wolverhampton makes me think a quick return here could pay dividends. This is Jessica Bedis' sole runner at the meeting and she has a 25% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst Paula Muir is in the saddle on her only start of the day , was onboard last time making her record on the horse , a win and two places from ten rides , when teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate.

4.35 Wolverhampton - Civil Law 11/4 (Hills,BFred) :hissyfit 2nd- Jilly Cooper 9/1 (365,BFred) :hissyfit
This looks an open looking handicap where you could fancy the chances of a few of the runners but theres two that particularly catch my eye. The first of those is CIVIL LAW who took this race last year , and comes into this just 1lb higher and in decent nick having won over CD last time out , beating Miss Bluebelle by 2 lengths. Seems to excel round this CD with five wins and a place from his eight runs so you certainly couldnt discount a big effort. Yet to win from a mark this high but has won off 87 and gone well from higher so im hoping that it shouldnt be a problem. If arriving in the same mood as his last time win then i think he'll be bang there come the line. Roger Teals' a trainer i rate and he has just this one at the meeting today and has a 23.1% strike rate over the last month , and has a 15% strike rate when sending them here overall. Paddy Bradley on board for the first time and his 3lb claim will help the cause. The other one that caught my eye is JILLY COOPER who has a been hit and miss this year to be honest , starting the year off well with a win , followed that up with a third , second , and then fourth before going completely off the boil until last time out when she was 3/4 length second to Achillea over a mile at Leafy. If she arrives in that form then she could well be troubling the principals. Yet to try this trip so could surprise. Has won off higher than todays mark which is another tick for me personally. Having her first run for new trainer Philip Makin after leaving Charlie Johnstons' yard , and hes brought just this one here this afternoon , and jockey Andrew Breslin is also here for just this one ride , takes a handy 3lb off her back and was fourth on his sole start on her to date.

1.05 Aintree - Florida Dreams 12/1 (365,BFred) :hissyfit
Probably going to regret going against Gordon Elliotts well touted Farren Glory but i like the look of FLORIDA DREAMS for this , who looks a progressive sort to me and at the price looks worth a punt. Won three of his four starts to date including a Grade 2 NHF race here at Aintree back in April after a break of 102 days. Was then put away and returned to action after 204 days off and came third to Primoz in his first start over hurdles , put that experience to good use last time out when winning at Ayr , beating Phantomofthepoints by a neck. Although this is a step up in class i think theres a good possibilty that he'll handle it and run a big race. Only one in the race whose one at the course , and has won twice and placed once at the distance. Ground shouldnt be an issue as all his outings have been on soft or good - soft. Nicky Richards can ready one when he has to , and he has a 30% strike rate over the last four weeks , and this is his only runner on the card , whilst Danny McMenamin also comes here for just this one ride , also in decent form lately with a 21% strike rate and when he and the trainer have partnered over the last three weeks they have a 33% strike rate. He knows the horse well having ridden him on all four starts to date.

1.00 Wetherby - Elogio 11/2 (365) :thumb 1st 11/4
Fancy the chances of top weight ELOGIO in this one , last couple of races never showed his best form imho and i think he can do better than the fifth and sixth that hes achieved in his last two outings. Prior to this he hadnt seen outside the first two home and hopefully he can get back on track here and show whats hes capable of. Has placed on his sole run here , and hasnt won at the distance in two attempts but has placed in one of those (beaten 3/4 length) so definatley within his compass for me. Yet to win a race for Tom Lacey , who brings just this one to the meeting , left for the yard after his debut win for RJ Bandey. Been in decent form lately with a 19.2% strike rate in the past four weeks. Jockey Cameron Isles comes here for this one ride and has been in banging form with a 75% strike rate over the last month and a profit of +£9.50. First time on the horse and his 7lb claim will help to ease the burden of top weight. Trainer and jockey have teamed up to good effect over the last three weeks with three winners from three , giving them a 100% strike rate.

Last edited:

Kalamity Kitty 7/1 Lost
Smith 20/1 Lost
Pablo Prince 10/1 Lost
Blazeon Five 18/1 Lost
Sir Chauvelin 10/1 Lost
Abbeys Dream 7/1 Lost
Sir Maxi 5/1 Lost
Bobby Shaftoe 4/1 Lost
Delta Legend 14/1 Lost
Letmelivemylife 7/1 Lost
Titan Rock 10/1 Lost
Q Twenty Boy 9/2 Lost
Jumeira Bridge 7/1 Lost
Artisan Dancer 13/8 Lost
Smith 9/1 Lost
Sixties Chic 9/2 Lost
All The Glory 13/2 Lost
Lilting Verse 3/1 Lost
Ocean Heights 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Credo 11/2 Lost (3rd)
Famous Bridge 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Switch Hitter 18/1 Lost
Miss Anya 4/1 Lost
Prince Hector 12/1 Lost
Civil Law 11/4 Lost (2nd)
Jilly Cooper 9/1 Lost
Florida Dreams 12/1 Lost
Elogio 11/2 :thumb 11/4

Bets 31 .. Won 3 .. EP -9.75 / SP -15.75

Last edited:
Sunday 31st December

1.54 Lingfield - Base Note 9/4 (Hills) - Tyrrhenian Sea 7/2 (Hills)
A couple in this listed race catch my eye , firstly BASE NOTE who rarely runs a bad race on the all weather , five wins and six places from fifteen runs , and is one from one over todays CD whilst overall he's two from three at the course. Has been in good form since returning to action after 216 days off , starting with a win over todays trip at Chelmsford , and then a decent third last time out over 1m4f at Kempton. Two wins and a place from his five goes at todays distance and has placed (last time) on his sole start in a class one. Draw looks okay to me and looks set to give his running once again and i think he'll be on the premises come the business end of things. Trainer has just this one at Leafy this afternoon , has a 23.5% strike rate in the past month and does well when coming here with a 26.9% strike rate over the last five years along with a profit of +£14.56. Jockey Harry Davies is also here for just this one ride and he rode the horse to third place last time on his only start on the horse to date. Has a 16.1% strike rate here over the last five years. TYRRHENIAN SEA is my other selection for this one , placed on both starts over CD , was a solid head second to Blue Trail last time out over this afternoons track and trip. Like BN he does well on the all weather with three wins and three seconds from his eights starts. Should be well in the mix if in the same sort of mood as last time out. Roger Varian has just this one here this afternoon , and hes been bang in form lately with a 36% strike rate in the last two weeks , and when sending his runners here over the last five years he has a 26.4% strike rate along with a +£8.73 profit. Jockey Jack Mitchell has a win from his two rides on board the horse to date , and he has been in good form too lately with a 21% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and this season at Leafy he has a 26.1% strike rate. When trainer and jockey have paired up over the last three weeks they have a 28% strike rate.

2.40 Uttoxeter - Barncroft 11/2 (365)
I like the look of BARNCROFT for this one , only had two starts for new stable , 16/17 on debut and then stepped up markedly on that with a sound enough looking second last time out over 2m4f here at Uttoxeter. Only gone up 1lb for that run and with the step up in trip possibly bringing out further improvement another good run could be on the cards. Fergal O'Brien sends just this one to the meeting and hes been making hay lately with a 32% strike rate in the past fortnight , and when coming to Uttoxeter this season he has a 24.4% strike rate. Jockey Paddy Brennan also comes here for just this one ride , he rode the horse last time out for the first time , in tremendous form at present with a 50% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and a 30% strike rate when coming here this term. When trainer and jockey have teamed up over the last three weeks they walk away with a very healthy 42% strike rate.

Last edited:
Sunday 31st December

1.54 Lingfield - Base Note 9/4 (Hills) :hissyfit 2nd - Tyrrhenian Sea 7/2 (Hills) :thumb 1st 5/4
A couple in this listed race catch my eye , firstly BASE NOTE who rarely runs a bad race on the all weather , five wins and six places from fifteen runs , and is one from one over todays CD whilst overall he's two from three at the course. Has been in good form since returning to action after 216 days off , starting with a win over todays trip at Chelmsford , and then a decent third last time out over 1m4f at Kempton. Two wins and a place from his five goes at todays distance and has placed (last time) on his sole start in a class one. Draw looks okay to me and looks set to give his running once again and i think he'll be on the premises come the business end of things. Trainer has just this one at Leafy this afternoon , has a 23.5% strike rate in the past month and does well when coming here with a 26.9% strike rate over the last five years along with a profit of +£14.56. Jockey Harry Davies is also here for just this one ride and he rode the horse to third place last time on his only start on the horse to date. Has a 16.1% strike rate here over the last five years. TYRRHENIAN SEA is my other selection for this one , placed on both starts over CD , was a solid head second to Blue Trail last time out over this afternoons track and trip. Like BN he does well on the all weather with three wins and three seconds from his eights starts. Should be well in the mix if in the same sort of mood as last time out. Roger Varian has just this one here this afternoon , and hes been bang in form lately with a 36% strike rate in the last two weeks , and when sending his runners here over the last five years he has a 26.4% strike rate along with a +£8.73 profit. Jockey Jack Mitchell has a win from his two rides on board the horse to date , and he has been in good form too lately with a 21% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and this season at Leafy he has a 26.1% strike rate. When trainer and jockey have paired up over the last three weeks they have a 28% strike rate.

2.40 Uttoxeter - Barncroft 11/2 (365) Non Runner
I like the look of BARNCROFT for this one , only had two starts for new stable , 16/17 on debut and then stepped up markedly on that with a sound enough looking second last time out over 2m4f here at Uttoxeter. Only gone up 1lb for that run and with the step up in trip possibly bringing out further improvement another good run could be on the cards. Fergal O'Brien sends just this one to the meeting and hes been making hay lately with a 32% strike rate in the past fortnight , and when coming to Uttoxeter this season he has a 24.4% strike rate. Jockey Paddy Brennan also comes here for just this one ride , he rode the horse last time out for the first time , in tremendous form at present with a 50% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and a 30% strike rate when coming here this term. When trainer and jockey have teamed up over the last three weeks they walk away with a very healthy 42% strike rate.

Kalamity Kitty 7/1 Lost
Smith 20/1 Lost
Pablo Prince 10/1 Lost
Blazeon Five 18/1 Lost
Sir Chauvelin 10/1 Lost
Abbeys Dream 7/1 Lost
Sir Maxi 5/1 Lost
Bobby Shaftoe 4/1 Lost
Delta Legend 14/1 Lost
Letmelivemylife 7/1 Lost
Titan Rock 10/1 Lost
Q Twenty Boy 9/2 Lost
Jumeira Bridge 7/1 Lost
Artisan Dancer 13/8 Lost
Smith 9/1 Lost
Sixties Chic 9/2 Lost
All The Glory 13/2 Lost
Lilting Verse 3/1 Lost
Ocean Heights 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Credo 11/2 Lost (3rd)
Famous Bridge 11/4
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Switch Hitter 18/1 Lost
Miss Anya 4/1 Lost
Prince Hector 12/1 Lost
Civil Law 11/4 Lost (2nd)
Jilly Cooper 9/1 Lost
Florida Dreams 12/1 Lost
Elogio 11/2
thumbup.gif
1st 11/4

Base Note 9/4 Lost (2nd)
Tyrrhenian Sea 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/4

Barncroft 11/2 Non Runner

Bets 34 .. Won 4 .. EP -8.25 / SP -16.50

Year Two
September
... Bets 65 .. Won 7 ... EP -21.02 / SP -20.50
October .. Bets 65 .. Won 9 .. EP +27.95 / SP +3.00
November
.. Bets 26 .. Won 2 .. EP +2.00 / SP -5.25
December .. Bets 34 .. Won 4 .. EP -8.25 / SP -16.50

R/T .. Bets 190 .. Won 22 .. EP +0.68 / SP -39.25

TOTAL(Year One) .. Bets 520 .. Won 93 .. EP +104.30 / SP -11.60

Grand Total .. Bets 710 .. Won 115 .. EP +104.98 / SP -50.85

Friday 5th January

2.57 Southwell - Teresa Grace 13/2 (Hills) - Brandy Station 17/2 (Hills)
Quite a difficult race to weigh up imho , but a couple catch my eye , and im gonna side with them .. first up is TERESA GRACE who was a decent enough third to Water Of Leith over this CD last time out at 66/1 , and if she can eek out a little more then i see her being bang there come the finishing line. That was her only run here at Shuvvel making it one place from one run , only won one race to date , and that was back in April last year when having her first run for trainer Declan Carroll , whose having a quiet spell at the moment it has to be said , but does have a 16% strike rate here at the course overall which helps to boost my confidence a tad. Jockey Zak Wheatley here for just this one ride , like the trainer hes been a bit out of sorts lately but hes decent enough on his day and good value for his 5lb claim , so happy enough to take a chance that he (and the trainer) can regain the winning thread with this one today. The other one i like the chances of is BRANDY STATION , who despite being in the doldrums of late cant be written off here due to his liking for it at Southwell , with four wins and seven places from his 26 runs over CD , caught my eye that Zak Wheatley who n ormally rides the selection is on my other choice for the race whilst the bang in form Ethan Jones gets the ride for the first time , has a 41.7% strike rate over the last month along with a profit of +£19.65 , and hes won and come second on his last two rides for trainer Lisa Williamson , who brings just this one here today , and has a 50% strike rate over the last couple of weeks. For me everything indicates that a decent run could be on the cards.

1.12 Southwell - Heathen 5/2 (Hills)
A handful look as though they could go well in this but for me HEATHEN is the one i think can go best , has been going well since leaving Ed Dunlops yard for David O'Meara's with a win on his first start for his new yard over this afternoons CD , and then a very close second (beaten a head) last time , again over CD , to Oneforthegutter , these pair were three lengths clear of the third one home so could be that it is good form. That race was a higher class than todays , and the fact that hes due to go up 2lb from tomorrow didnt go un noticed so comes into this well treated and hopefully can take advantage. As i say theres a few who could definatley make thier presence felt but i think he should go well and go close. David O'Meara has just this one here at Shuvvel and he has a 16.3% strike rate over the last four weeks , and has a 14% strike rate when sending his runners here overall. Hector Crouch in the saddle for the first time , and he has a 33% strike rate over the last forntight.

Last edited:
Good luck Sean. I was on Heathen lto, looked every bit the winner in the straight but just got collared.

Running Totals - January

Teresa Grace 13/2 Lost (2nd)
Brandy Station 17/2 Non Runner
Heathen 5/2 Lost

Bets 2 .. Won .. EP -2.00 / SP -2.00

Sunday 7th January

3.55 Plumpton - Inferno Sacree 14/1 (365)
At the current 14s i'm more than willing to take a chance on INFERNO SACREE in this , hasnt been seen in his best light in last two runs but can probably forgive last run (in December) as he was returning to the fray after a lay off of 165 days and i think that now hes had a spin out and the cobwebs have been blown away then a better showing can hopefully be expected , especially returning to a course he does well at with three wins and a place from his four runs here , two from two over this afternoons CD. Before those last two runs he had been in good form with five wins and a place from his eight runs last year before his break and at the price with that first run under his saddle i think hes worth a go at getting back on track here. Nigel Hawke has just this one representing him here today and he has a 15% strike rate over the last month and does well when sending his runners here with an 18.4% strike rate overall. Jockey Tom Buckley also here for just this one today and he claims a valuable 3lb , has four wins on the horse from his eight rides on the horse to date so knows the horse well enough and has a 21% strike rate overall when coming to Plumpton to ride.

7.00 Wolverhampton - Smoky Mountain 11/4 (Hills)
SMOKY MOUNTAIN comes into this in fine fettle , after just losing by a neck last time on his handicap debut over this evenings CD , met all sorts of trouble in running that day and i think theres every chance he can make amends here given a clear round. Has won and placed twice (2,1,2) in his three starts here at Wolverhampton and looks as though hes on a decent mark despite being raised by 1lb. Only had five starts to date (-4,2,2,1,2) so theres every reason to think theres plenty of room for improvement. Trainer and jockey both here for just this one and i think everything points to a decent run being on the cards.

5.00 Wolverhampton - Tio Mio 14/1 (Hills) - Prince Ali 12/1 (365,Hills)
Open looking race where a chance could be given to a few of the runners imho and im gonna side with two against the field who i think hold decent chances at nice prices. First one is TIO MIO whose having his third start for trainer Alex French , first race was voided but on second start for the stable (last time out) he won by a neck from the other selection and i think theres a possibilty that he confirms those placings this evening over the same CD. Usually runs soundly here at Wolverhampton with two wins and two places from six runs over CD. Trainer has just this one here today and jockey Gina Mangan claims a handy 3lb and is also here for just this one ride , rode him to that last time out win and is 2/4 overall on the horse and has been in great form lately with a 23% strike rate over the past three weeks. PRINCE ALI is the other selection , as i said above was second to Tio Mio (on his penultimate run) before coming sixth last time out over CD. Think he can do better than that here , and the lower class could well help his cause , and Dougie Costello takes over the steering duties for the first time which could well play a part. Like my other selection usually runs well here , albeit without winning tbh , only winning once from ten runs over CD , but placing in a further six. Trainer sends just this one here and i think he could go close.

Last edited:
Back