• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Totals - November

Count Otto 20/1 Lost
Pablo Prince 12/1 Lost (3rd)
The Imposter 13/2 Non Runner

Bets 2 .. Won .. EP -2.00 / SP -2.00

Friday 3rd November

12.15 Newmarket - Antiphon 9/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
I like the look of top weight ANTIPHON for this one , although theres a few who i think could go well , came a decent second to Fair Wind last time out , beaten by a length and a quarter , at Windsor. Looked as though he appreciated the return to turf after a couple of lacklustre efforts on the all weather and given that he gets in here on the same mark as that last race (also his last last winning mark incidentally) i think he could go close here. Handles soft ground well so im hoping that he handles heavy equally well , on soft his figures read - 2,2,4,1,2. Has never won here at Newmarket but ran well on his only start on the rowley (CD) coming third of eight on his debut race. Trainer(s) had a 40/1 winner yesterday from their two runners and this is the only runner they've sent here this afternoon. Jockey Callum Hutchinson whose also here for just this one , eases the burden of top weight with his 3lb claim , and though hes yet to win on the horse he has placed three times in his four rides on the horse.

3.10 Newmarket - Torcello 7/1 (365)
Last years winner TORCELLO catches my eye in this and i think that he stands a solid chance of retaining his crown here today. Was a respectable enough fourth last time out at Goodwood , does well when coming here to Newmarket with three wins from five runs over this afternoons CD and hopefully he can make it four from six. He's proven on soft and heavy so hopefully the ground shouldnt be an issue , has won in the class and from todays mark , plus the draw looks okay to me as well so hopefully he can give it a good go. Shaun Lycett has sent just this one here today and he has a 33% strike rate at the course overall , whilst jockey Joe Fanning has a win and a place form his three wins aboard the horse to date , and has a 19% strike rate over the last three weeks.

Last edited:
Friday 3rd November

12.15 Newmarket - Antiphon 9/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
I like the look of top weight ANTIPHON for this one , although theres a few who i think could go well , came a decent second to Fair Wind last time out , beaten by a length and a quarter , at Windsor. Looked as though he appreciated the return to turf after a couple of lacklustre efforts on the all weather and given that he gets in here on the same mark as that last race (also his last last winning mark incidentally) i think he could go close here. Handles soft ground well so im hoping that he handles heavy equally well , on soft his figures read - 2,2,4,1,2. Has never won here at Newmarket but ran well on his only start on the rowley (CD) coming third of eight on his debut race. Trainer(s) had a 40/1 winner yesterday from their two runners and this is the only runner they've sent here this afternoon. Jockey Callum Hutchinson whose also here for just this one , eases the burden of top weight with his 3lb claim , and though hes yet to win on the horse he has placed three times in his four rides on the horse.

3.10 Newmarket - Torcello 7/1 (365) :hissyfit
Last years winner TORCELLO catches my eye in this and i think that he stands a solid chance of retaining his crown here today. Was a respectable enough fourth last time out at Goodwood , does well when coming here to Newmarket with three wins from five runs over this afternoons CD and hopefully he can make it four from six. He's proven on soft and heavy so hopefully the ground shouldnt be an issue , has won in the class and from todays mark , plus the draw looks okay to me as well so hopefully he can give it a good go. Shaun Lycett has sent just this one here today and he has a 33% strike rate at the course overall , whilst jockey Joe Fanning has a win and a place form his three wins aboard the horse to date , and has a 19% strike rate over the last three weeks.

Totals - November

Count Otto 20/1 Lost
Antiphon 9/1 Lost
Torcello 7/1 Lost

Bets 4 .. Won .. EP -4.00 / SP -4.00

Sunday 5th November

3.20 Lingfield - So Sleepy 11/4 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads) - Lion Ring 7/2 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads)
Seven runner race where a case could be made for all of them in some way shape or form , but im siding with a couple who i think can be in the mix come the business end of things , first one of those is SO SLEEPY who arrives in decent enough form - 3,2,1,4 in her last four races and i cant see any reason why she shouldnt go well again if im being honest. Has two places and a win from her three outings over this afternoons CD , and whilst she's going to have to up her game a bit i think thats a possibilty given her liking for it round here at Leafy. Has never won from a mark this high but again but again im hopeful. Trainer(s) have just this one here today and have a 10% strike rate when sending horses here overall , whilst jockey Callum Shepherd has two wins and a place from his six rides to date , has a 19% strike rate over the last two weeks and has a 21.7% strike rate when coming here this season. LION RING is the other selection , arrives on the back of a 1/2 length win at Chelmsford ,and though hes been a bit hit and miss this term the fact hes placed on both starts here (2nd) to date , one of those over CD , makes me think he could go well again. That last time out win was his first win in 35 attempts and its possible that now hes found his head in front at last he could go in again. Trainer AJ Martin has a 50% strike rate over the past three weeks , and he sends just this one to the meeting. Jockey Hector Crouch in the plate and he has a 15% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 15.2% strike rate when coming here this term. Has ridden the horse three times so far resulting in one win and a place , and when hes teamed up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate.

Last edited:
Sunday 5th November

3.20 Lingfield - So Sleepy 11/4 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd - Lion Ring 7/2 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit 3rd
Seven runner race where a case could be made for all of them in some way shape or form , but im siding with a couple who i think can be in the mix come the business end of things , first one of those is SO SLEEPY who arrives in decent enough form - 3,2,1,4 in her last four races and i cant see any reason why she shouldnt go well again if im being honest. Has two places and a win from her three outings over this afternoons CD , and whilst she's going to have to up her game a bit i think thats a possibilty given her liking for it round here at Leafy. Has never won from a mark this high but again but again im hopeful. Trainer(s) have just this one here today and have a 10% strike rate when sending horses here overall , whilst jockey Callum Shepherd has two wins and a place from his six rides to date , has a 19% strike rate over the last two weeks and has a 21.7% strike rate when coming here this season. LION RING is the other selection , arrives on the back of a 1/2 length win at Chelmsford ,and though hes been a bit hit and miss this term the fact hes placed on both starts here (2nd) to date , one of those over CD , makes me think he could go well again. That last time out win was his first win in 35 attempts and its possible that now hes found his head in front at last he could go in again. Trainer AJ Martin has a 50% strike rate over the past three weeks , and he sends just this one to the meeting. Jockey Hector Crouch in the plate and he has a 15% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 15.2% strike rate when coming here this term. Has ridden the horse three times so far resulting in one win and a place , and when hes teamed up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate.

Totals - November

Count Otto 20/1 Lost
Antiphon 9/1 Lost
Torcello 7/1 Lost
So Sleepy 11/4 Lost (2nd)
Lion Ring 7/2 Lost (3rd)

Bets 6 .. Won .. EP -6.00 / SP -6.00

Monday 6th November

2.50 Hereford - Kingston Sunflower 40/1 (365)
Probably frittering me money away here but i like the chances of joint outsider of the field KINGSTON SUNFLOWER in this one , was going well when weakening and eventually being pulled up just before two out last time out , but im willing to forgive that run as it was her first time back after a 353 day break , and im hoping that now the cobwebs have been blown away she'll be seen in a better light here at a huge price. It was also her first run for new trainer Ralph Smith , having left Fergal O'Briens yard in October. 2022 was a good year for her - PU,3,2.4,1,1,1 .. so im hoping that she regain that kinda form for her new trainer , preferably starting today ! Has won on her only start over this afternoons CD , and she has three wins and a place from her five runs over the distance. Going and class are both fine and won from todays mark in her final start of 2022 , so hopefully now shes had that inital outing she can show herself in a better light here today. Trainer has just this one here today and jockey Jack Hogan , who eases her burden with his 3lb claim , also arrives for just this one ride. In the saddle for the first time and has a 25% strike rate in the last two weeks , and has a 100% strike rate here at Hereford overall.

2.37 Plumpton - Burrows Park 9/1 (365)
BURROWS PARK may well be eleven years old , and the oldest horse in the field , but i dont think hes ready to be a back number just yet , especially as the handicapper has got him on a handy looking mark , having won from much higher in the past. Making seasonal re appearance here , but has gone well fresh before so hopefully can do so again , hasnt won here at Plumpton but has placed on both starts to date. Can be a bit hit and miss and quirky but if on song first time up and up for it then i definatley think that he can make his presence felt. Venetia Williams has been in good form of late with a 33.3% strike rate over the last month and a 21% strike rate at Plumpton overall , and she sends just this one to the meeting which i think is noteworthy. Charlie Deutsch takes the ride , and hes won twice and placed once on the horse from his 14 rides to date , has a 21.4% strike rate in the past four weeks and when teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 16% strike rate.

3.07 Plumpton - Ballinsker 11/1 (Hills,Coral.SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Tip Top Mountain 10/1 (365)
A couple in this class 3 Handicap Chase caught my eye , first one of those is TIP TOP MOUNTAIN who makes his re appearance here today after 197 days off , had a good 2022 with no less than five wins from his ten outings - 1,2,3,1,4,1,PU,3,1,1 .. If arriving in the same sort of form then i think he can take a hand in proceedings. Two from three here at Plumpton and one from one over todays CD. Hasnt won from a mark this high but his final race of last season , over todays CD , was off 114 so todays 115 will hopefully be within his compass. Robert Walford has just this one here today , and has an 18% strike rate when coming here to Plumpton overall. Whilst Harry Kimber in the saddle for the first time. BALLINKSER is the other one i like the look of , has started this year off in decent form with figures of - 3,2,1,3 and has gone well after a break before so the 159 days off dont bother me too much. One from one here at Plumpton , hasnt won at the distance but has placed so hopefully that shouldnt be an issue. Has won off higher than todays mark in the past so again hopefully shouldnt be a problem. Evan Williams sends just this one making him the longest traveller of the day at the meeting so that caught my eye , as i cant imagine him sending him just for a day out , has a 100% strike rate here this term along with a small profit. Isobel Williams also here for just this one ride , and she has three wins and two places from her twelve rides on the horse to date , he 3lb claim can only help the cause.

4.55 Wolverhampton - Harbour Vision 10/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
HARBOUR VISION comes into this on the back of a neck victory over this afternoons CD and i think despite a 2lb rise he can go close again here today. Has won off higher than todays mark so that 2lb rise doesnt look to bad to me all things considered. Draw looks okay to me and he retains the tongue tie from last time (1 from 1). This looks a weaker looking race than his last one to me so if he can replicate that last time out run id say he should be bang there come the finish. Seems to like this CD with four wins and seven places from his twenty six outings. Scott Dixon sends just this one to the course , and he has a 14% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst jockey Dale Swift in the plate , won on his last two starts on the horse making him two from four. Has an 11% strike rate over the last twenty one days and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the same period they come away with a 25% strike rate.

7.30 Wolverhampton - Way Of Life 6/1 (365) - Percy Willis 11/2 (Hills)
Two for me in this 1m4f handicap , starting with the in form WAY OF LIFE who was a 1/2 length second to Fullfilled over CD , usually runs well here at Wolverhampton with a record of two wins and two places from five runs over tonights CD. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has gone close from higher so i think theres every chance that he can go close here. Jonathon Portman has only this one at the meeting and he has a 25% strike rate in the past two weeks , whilst jockey Trevor Whelan gets the steering job for the first time , 18% strike rate over the past fortnight and when coming here to Wolverhampton this term he has a 17.4% strike rate along with a profit of +£10.83. PERCY WILLIS is my other choice for the race , like my other selection arrives in decent form with a win and a second from his three races since coming back from a lay off. A neck second to Strawman last time at Newcastle , only won once from his eleven races over this afternoons CD , but has placed in a further five so usually runs a sound race here. Has won from higher than todays mark , and looks decently drawn to give it a good go. Jedd O'Keefe sends just this one here this evening , and PJ McDonald in the plate , gets on well with the horse with four wins and three places from his fifteen rides.

5.40 Kempton - Dark Side Thunder 6/1 (365) - Epic Express 9/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Another race and another couple of fancies , first one of those is EPIC EXPRESS whose been in fair form since returning from 54 days off , with a 3rd and then a second last time out , both over this evenings CD and i think theres every chance that he could get his head in front here if he can avoid in running trouble , which he encountered last time. Two places from three runs over tonights CD and a win and four places from seven runs at the course overall so obviously likes it here as rarely runs a bad race. Chris Dwyer has just this one representing him here tonight , whilst jockey Liam Wright also here for just this one ride , unplaced on sole start on the horse to date , and has a 17% strike rate in the last fortnight. My other selection is DARK SIDE THUNDER who like Epic Express has been in good form since returning from a lay off with figures of - 2,3 , the last run being over 6f here at Kempton. Has yet to be out of the placings here at Kempton with two wins and a place from his three runs , hasnt won at 7f yet in two attempts but did come third in one of those , tbh i think hes better at 6f but he looks at though he'll get the 7f. Trainer Jessica Macey has been amongst the winners for most of the season tbh and she sends just this one to the meeting , has a 17% strike rate over the last three weeks , and she has a 21% strike rate when coming here overall. Jockey Lewis Edmunds knows the horse well having ridden him 15 times resulting in five wins and three places. Another snippet that caught my eye is that the horses are both owned by MM Foulger.

Last edited:
Monday 6th November

2.50 Hereford - Kingston Sunflower 40/1 (365) :hissyfit
Probably frittering me money away here but i like the chances of joint outsider of the field KINGSTON SUNFLOWER in this one , was going well when weakening and eventually being pulled up just before two out last time out , but im willing to forgive that run as it was her first time back after a 353 day break , and im hoping that now the cobwebs have been blown away she'll be seen in a better light here at a huge price. It was also her first run for new trainer Ralph Smith , having left Fergal O'Briens yard in October. 2022 was a good year for her - PU,3,2.4,1,1,1 .. so im hoping that she regain that kinda form for her new trainer , preferably starting today ! Has won on her only start over this afternoons CD , and she has three wins and a place from her five runs over the distance. Going and class are both fine and won from todays mark in her final start of 2022 , so hopefully now shes had that inital outing she can show herself in a better light here today. Trainer has just this one here today and jockey Jack Hogan , who eases her burden with his 3lb claim , also arrives for just this one ride. In the saddle for the first time and has a 25% strike rate in the last two weeks , and has a 100% strike rate here at Hereford overall.

2.37 Plumpton - Burrows Park 9/1 (365) :hissyfit
BURROWS PARK may well be eleven years old , and the oldest horse in the field , but i dont think hes ready to be a back number just yet , especially as the handicapper has got him on a handy looking mark , having won from much higher in the past. Making seasonal re appearance here , but has gone well fresh before so hopefully can do so again , hasnt won here at Plumpton but has placed on both starts to date. Can be a bit hit and miss and quirky but if on song first time up and up for it then i definatley think that he can make his presence felt. Venetia Williams has been in good form of late with a 33.3% strike rate over the last month and a 21% strike rate at Plumpton overall , and she sends just this one to the meeting which i think is noteworthy. Charlie Deutsch takes the ride , and hes won twice and placed once on the horse from his 14 rides to date , has a 21.4% strike rate in the past four weeks and when teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 16% strike rate.

3.07 Plumpton - Ballinsker 11/1 (Hills,Coral.SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Tip Top Mountain 10/1 (365) :hissyfit
A couple in this class 3 Handicap Chase caught my eye , first one of those is TIP TOP MOUNTAIN who makes his re appearance here today after 197 days off , had a good 2022 with no less than five wins from his ten outings - 1,2,3,1,4,1,PU,3,1,1 .. If arriving in the same sort of form then i think he can take a hand in proceedings. Two from three here at Plumpton and one from one over todays CD. Hasnt won from a mark this high but his final race of last season , over todays CD , was off 114 so todays 115 will hopefully be within his compass. Robert Walford has just this one here today , and has an 18% strike rate when coming here to Plumpton overall. Whilst Harry Kimber in the saddle for the first time. BALLINKSER is the other one i like the look of , has started this year off in decent form with figures of - 3,2,1,3 and has gone well after a break before so the 159 days off dont bother me too much. One from one here at Plumpton , hasnt won at the distance but has placed so hopefully that shouldnt be an issue. Has won off higher than todays mark in the past so again hopefully shouldnt be a problem. Evan Williams sends just this one making him the longest traveller of the day at the meeting so that caught my eye , as i cant imagine him sending him just for a day out , has a 100% strike rate here this term along with a small profit. Isobel Williams also here for just this one ride , and she has three wins and two places from her twelve rides on the horse to date , he 3lb claim can only help the cause.

4.55 Wolverhampton - Harbour Vision 10/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
HARBOUR VISION comes into this on the back of a neck victory over this afternoons CD and i think despite a 2lb rise he can go close again here today. Has won off higher than todays mark so that 2lb rise doesnt look to bad to me all things considered. Draw looks okay to me and he retains the tongue tie from last time (1 from 1). This looks a weaker looking race than his last one to me so if he can replicate that last time out run id say he should be bang there come the finish. Seems to like this CD with four wins and seven places from his twenty six outings. Scott Dixon sends just this one to the course , and he has a 14% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst jockey Dale Swift in the plate , won on his last two starts on the horse making him two from four. Has an 11% strike rate over the last twenty one days and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the same period they come away with a 25% strike rate.

7.30 Wolverhampton - Way Of Life 6/1 (365) - Percy Willis 11/2 (Hills)
Two for me in this 1m4f handicap , starting with the in form WAY OF LIFE who was a 1/2 length second to Fullfilled over CD , usually runs well here at Wolverhampton with a record of two wins and two places from five runs over tonights CD. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has gone close from higher so i think theres every chance that he can go close here. Jonathon Portman has only this one at the meeting and he has a 25% strike rate in the past two weeks , whilst jockey Trevor Whelan gets the steering job for the first time , 18% strike rate over the past fortnight and when coming here to Wolverhampton this term he has a 17.4% strike rate along with a profit of +£10.83. PERCY WILLIS is my other choice for the race , like my other selection arrives in decent form with a win and a second from his three races since coming back from a lay off. A neck second to Strawman last time at Newcastle , only won once from his eleven races over this afternoons CD , but has placed in a further five so usually runs a sound race here. Has won from higher than todays mark , and looks decently drawn to give it a good go. Jedd O'Keefe sends just this one here this evening , and PJ McDonald in the plate , gets on well with the horse with four wins and three places from his fifteen rides.

5.40 Kempton - Dark Side Thunder 6/1 (365) :thumb 1st 11/4 - Epic Express 9/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Another race and another couple of fancies , first one of those is EPIC EXPRESS whose been in fair form since returning from 54 days off , with a 3rd and then a second last time out , both over this evenings CD and i think theres every chance that he could get his head in front here if he can avoid in running trouble , which he encountered last time. Two places from three runs over tonights CD and a win and four places from seven runs at the course overall so obviously likes it here as rarely runs a bad race. Chris Dwyer has just this one representing him here tonight , whilst jockey Liam Wright also here for just this one ride , unplaced on sole start on the horse to date , and has a 17% strike rate in the last fortnight. My other selection is DARK SIDE THUNDER who like Epic Express has been in good form since returning from a lay off with figures of - 2,3 , the last run being over 6f here at Kempton. Has yet to be out of the placings here at Kempton with two wins and a place from his three runs , hasnt won at 7f yet in two attempts but did come third in one of those , tbh i think hes better at 6f but he looks at though he'll get the 7f. Trainer Jessica Macey has been amongst the winners for most of the season tbh and she sends just this one to the meeting , has a 17% strike rate over the last three weeks , and she has a 21% strike rate when coming here overall. Jockey Lewis Edmunds knows the horse well having ridden him 15 times resulting in five wins and three places. Another snippet that caught my eye is that the horses are both owned by MM Foulger.

Last edited:
Running Totals - November

Count Otto 20/1 Lost
Antiphon 9/1 Lost
Torcello 7/1 Lost
Lion Ring 7/2 Lost (3rd)
Kingston Sunflower 40/1 Lost
Burrows Park 9/1 Lost
Ballinsker 11/1 Lost
Tip Top Mountain 9/1 Lost
Harbour Vision 10/1 Lost
Way Of Life 6/1 Lost (3rd)
Percy Willis 11/2 Lost (2nd)
Dark Side Thunder 6/1 :thumb 1st 11/4
Epic Express 9/2 Lost

Bets 15 ... Won 1 .. EP -8.00 / SP -11.25

Last edited:
Tuesday 7th November

2.30 Warwick - Gerard Mentor 15/2 (Hills,SkyBet)
I put up GERARD MENTOR last time and he came second , and im gonna stick with him as i think his turn is near at hand. Has come second in his last two races , beaten a length and a half last time and by a head on his penultimate outing , and going by those two runs i have to stick with him here. Has been edged up just 1lb in the weights and though he hasnt won off a mark this high his current form would have to give him a chance i think. Won on his sole start over todays CD , Kim Bailey is one of those trainers i always look for tbh , and he has a 29.6% strike rate over the last month , and a 66.7% strike rate when sending them here to Warwick this season (19.7% overall along with a +£10.00 profit) , whilst Kai Lenihan seems to be a claimer to keep an eye on , his 7lb claim wont go amiss , and he rode the horse to those last two places , making his record on the horse three wins and two places from ten rides. Hes here for just this one ride , and has a 17% strike rate at the course overall.

12.37 Lingfield - Enpassant 3/1 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Technically ENPASSANT comes into this on the back of a win last time out , but due to having been deemed to cause interference he was placed second , so i think that trainer and connections are on a quick turnaround for a recovery mission here today. Third on only start here at Leafy , penultimate run , over 7f. Gets in here off the same mark as his last run and the fact that this is over a furlong further i think will help his chances , this is his first try over a mile incidentally. Jamie Fanshawe has just this one here this afternoon , and hes been in good form lately with a 24% strike rate over the last fortnight , and when coming here to Lingfield overall he has an 18% strike rate. Daniel Muscutt rode him last time and is in the hot seat once again , has a 13% strike rate in the last three weeks , and does well when coming here with a 15.4% strike rate this season. When trainer and jockey have partnered over the last three weeks they have a 20% strike rate.

12.20 Chelmsford - Lunar Shadow 9/2 (Hills)
Trappyish looking six runner race where a case could be made for all the runners tbh , but im firmly on the side of LUNAR SHADOW who i think can achieve the three timer (on the flat) here this afternoon. Won well over CD last time beating Spit Spot by a length , and before that beat Beggarman by 3/4 length over 1m5f at Bath. In all fairness has been holding her form well this year - 1,4,2,3,3,1,1 (had two runs over hurdles in between a couple of these as well where she didnt show much tbh). Has gone up 4lb for that last win and hasnt won off a mark this high but in all fairness given her rich vein of form this term you definatley couldnt write her chances off. Won on her sole start over CD , and is now one win , one place from her three starts here at Chelmsford. Rossa Ryan is a jockey i rate and has two thirds from two rides to date , hopefully a first win can come today. Has an 18% strike rate over the last 21 days , and a 14% strike rate when coming here overall. Trainer Alan King is as shrewd as they come and he brings just this one to the meeting , has a 14% strike rate over the last 21 days , and when sending his runners here this season he comes away with a 21.4% strike rate and a profit of +£7.33.

Last edited:
Tuesday 7th November

2.30 Warwick - Gerard Mentor 15/2 (Hills,SkyBet) :hissyfit
I put up GERARD MENTOR last time and he came second , and im gonna stick with him as i think his turn is near at hand. Has come second in his last two races , beaten a length and a half last time and by a head on his penultimate outing , and going by those two runs i have to stick with him here. Has been edged up just 1lb in the weights and though he hasnt won off a mark this high his current form would have to give him a chance i think. Won on his sole start over todays CD , Kim Bailey is one of those trainers i always look for tbh , and he has a 29.6% strike rate over the last month , and a 66.7% strike rate when sending them here to Warwick this season (19.7% overall along with a +£10.00 profit) , whilst Kai Lenihan seems to be a claimer to keep an eye on , his 7lb claim wont go amiss , and he rode the horse to those last two places , making his record on the horse three wins and two places from ten rides. Hes here for just this one ride , and has a 17% strike rate at the course overall.

12.37 Lingfield - Enpassant 3/1 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd
Technically ENPASSANT comes into this on the back of a win last time out , but due to having been deemed to cause interference he was placed second , so i think that trainer and connections are on a quick turnaround for a recovery mission here today. Third on only start here at Leafy , penultimate run , over 7f. Gets in here off the same mark as his last run and the fact that this is over a furlong further i think will help his chances , this is his first try over a mile incidentally. Jamie Fanshawe has just this one here this afternoon , and hes been in good form lately with a 24% strike rate over the last fortnight , and when coming here to Lingfield overall he has an 18% strike rate. Daniel Muscutt rode him last time and is in the hot seat once again , has a 13% strike rate in the last three weeks , and does well when coming here with a 15.4% strike rate this season. When trainer and jockey have partnered over the last three weeks they have a 20% strike rate.

12.20 Chelmsford - Lunar Shadow 9/2 (Hills) :hissyfit
Trappyish looking six runner race where a case could be made for all the runners tbh , but im firmly on the side of LUNAR SHADOW who i think can achieve the three timer (on the flat) here this afternoon. Won well over CD last time beating Spit Spot by a length , and before that beat Beggarman by 3/4 length over 1m5f at Bath. In all fairness has been holding her form well this year - 1,4,2,3,3,1,1 (had two runs over hurdles in between a couple of these as well where she didnt show much tbh). Has gone up 4lb for that last win and hasnt won off a mark this high but in all fairness given her rich vein of form this term you definatley couldnt write her chances off. Won on her sole start over CD , and is now one win , one place from her three starts here at Chelmsford. Rossa Ryan is a jockey i rate and has two thirds from two rides to date , hopefully a first win can come today. Has an 18% strike rate over the last 21 days , and a 14% strike rate when coming here overall. Trainer Alan King is as shrewd as they come and he brings just this one to the meeting , has a 14% strike rate over the last 21 days , and when sending his runners here this season he comes away with a 21.4% strike rate and a profit of +£7.33.

Last edited:

Count Otto 20/1 Lost
Antiphon 9/1 Lost
Torcello 7/1 Lost
Lion Ring 7/2 Lost (3rd)
Burrows Park 9/1 Lost
Ballinsker 11/1 Lost
Harbour Vision 10/1 Lost
Epic Express 9/2 Lost
Gerard Mentor 15/2 Lost
EnPassant 3/1 Lost (2nd)
Lunar Shadow 9/2 Lost

Bets 18 ... Won 1 .. EP -11.00 / SP -14.25

Last edited:
Wednesday 8th November

7.30 Kempton - Rainbow Dreamer 10/3 (365) - Sir Chauvelin 20/1 (SkyBet)
Given the way this month has gone thus far probably going to regret this but i like two in this one .. RAINBOW DREAMER is the first one , sixth on both starts since coming back from a break but im expecting a better showing tonight going by the fact that he seems to love it here at Kempton with five wins and a place from his eight runs to date - 1,1,1,1,7,1,2,7 .. thats some record in my eyes. Been off for 109 days but has gone well fresh in the past so not too troubled by that , and obviously given his form here. Alan King been amongst the winners and placers of late and has a 10% strike rate overall when sending his runners here , James Doyle in the saddle and he has two places from two rides (two thirds) , and hes been in good form of late with a 25% strike rate over the last two weeks. The other selection is SIR CHAUVELIN who was a poor eleventh of twelve last time but had won and come fourth in his two races prior to that run , so despite being eleven years old now hes not ready to retire just yet , and i think theres a fair possibilty that hes got a few more wins in him yet. Third on his only start here over CD , back in 2022. Does pretty well on the artificial surfaces overall with five wins and seven places from twenty one runs. Class , trip and draw all okay to my eye , and to me he seems to have got in here off a fair mark as hes won off much higher in the past. The fact that Jim Goldie sends just this one on the long trek from East Renfrewshire , a bit over 6 hours , makes me think that a good run could be on the cards , whilst David Egan is in the plate for the first time and he has a 12.8% strike rate when coming here to ride overall.

Last edited:
Wednesday 8th November

7.30 Kempton - Rainbow Dreamer 10/3 (365) :hissyfit - Sir Chauvelin 20/1 (SkyBet) :thumb 1st 16/1
Given the way this month has gone thus far probably going to regret this but i like two in this one .. RAINBOW DREAMER is the first one , sixth on both starts since coming back from a break but im expecting a better showing tonight going by the fact that he seems to love it here at Kempton with five wins and a place from his eight runs to date - 1,1,1,1,7,1,2,7 .. thats some record in my eyes. Been off for 109 days but has gone well fresh in the past so not too troubled by that , and obviously given his form here. Alan King been amongst the winners and placers of late and has a 10% strike rate overall when sending his runners here , James Doyle in the saddle and he has two places from two rides (two thirds) , and hes been in good form of late with a 25% strike rate over the last two weeks. The other selection is SIR CHAUVELIN who was a poor eleventh of twelve last time but had won and come fourth in his two races prior to that run , so despite being eleven years old now hes not ready to retire just yet , and i think theres a fair possibilty that hes got a few more wins in him yet. Third on his only start here over CD , back in 2022. Does pretty well on the artificial surfaces overall with five wins and seven places from twenty one runs. Class , trip and draw all okay to my eye , and to me he seems to have got in here off a fair mark as hes won off much higher in the past. The fact that Jim Goldie sends just this one on the long trek from East Renfrewshire , a bit over 6 hours , makes me think that a good run could be on the cards , whilst David Egan is in the plate for the first time and he has a 12.8% strike rate when coming here to ride overall.

Count Otto 20/1 Lost
Antiphon 9/1 Lost
Torcello 7/1 Lost
Lion Ring 7/2 Lost (3rd)
Burrows Park 9/1 Lost
Ballinsker 11/1 Lost
Harbour Vision 10/1 Lost
Epic Express 9/2 Lost
Gerard Mentor 15/2 Lost
EnPassant 3/1 Lost (2nd)
Lunar Shadow 9/2 Lost
Rainbow Dreamer 10/3 Lost
Sir Chauvelin 20/1 :thumb 1st 16/1

Bets 20 ... Won 2 .. EP +8.00 / SP +0.75

Sunday 19th November

2.20 Cheltenham - Wayfinder 14/1 (365,Coral,BFred,Lads) - Captain Cattistock 14/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A couple in this one catch my eye , first off WAYFINDER who was down to run yesterday but was pulled and had an entry in this so it made me think that the trainer and / or connections were hoping for a decent run , and at the price im willing to take a chance. Made a pleasing enough comeback after 8 months off and a wind op when third to Whacker Clan over 3m1f here at Cheltenham. That was a solid effort and if he can build on that then i think he can be bang there come the line. Hasnt been tried at this distance before but every chance he gets it , and trainer knows what shes doing. Up a 1lb for that lto run and hasnt won from a mark this high before but hes run well off around the same so i dont think that should be a problem. Has won on the going before and though he'll have to up his game i think he has every chance of a solid showing here. Trainer Rebecca Curtis sends just this one on the three hour journey from her Pembrokeshire stables and i cant see her doing that if she didnt think the horse stood a good chance , Sean Bowen in the hot seat , third on his sole ride on the horse to date. The other one i like the look of is CAPTAIN CATTISTOCK who rarely runs a bad race here at Cheltenham , has won three times and placed in a further one from his six runs here , and though he has yet to win at todays trip , i think that at the current price hes worth a shot to nothing , especially given his course form. Pulled up last time out on return to action after 154 days off , but before that had won here over 3m2f. Sure that after that initial run he'll strip fitter and returning here im hoping that he can put in a better effort. Hasnt won a class 1 before , has won class 2s , but has acquitted himself well enough for me to think a race like this is within his scope. Trainer Fergal O'Brien has been going well of late with a 22% strike rate over the last fortnight , whilst Liam Harrison gets the steering job on whats his sole ride of the day , since taking up riding duties on the horse back in February of last year hes struck up quite a partnership with CC , winning three times and placing in three from nine rides , and he does well when coming here to ride with a 20.8% strike rate over the last five years. Both of the selections would need to up their games if im honest but i think thats entirely possible and though others look as though they can go close , i think this pair can give us a run for our money , at what i consider decent prices.

2.38 Newcastle - Athollblair Boy 25/1 (365)
ATHOLLBLAIR BOY is the rank outsider of the field but looking at his course form i'd say that theres a possibilty that he may well outrun those odds and i reckon its worth a punt to find out. Admittedly he hasnt been at his best of late but the fact that hes won seven times over this afternoons CD and placed in a further nine i'd say you cant write him off. Although he hasnt been at his best lately he was running well earlier in the year , winning twice here (February / March) and looking through his form i notice that last year at around this time he was running well so hopefully history can repeat itself and we get a good run at decent odds. Draw doesnt look to bad to me , and the fact that hes won from higher marks than todays , and that todays mark is his last winning one , is another thing that makes me think he could go well. As i've said before Nigel Tinklers a trainer i like and hes been in cracking form lately with a 33% strike rate over the last two weeks , and he does well when sending them here with an overall strike rate of 11.1% alongside a profit of +£7.33. Jockey Alex Jary here for just this one ride , only has a place from his eight rides on the horse to date , but his 5lb could well come in handy , has a 20% strike rate over the last couple of weeks.

3.14 Newcastle - Bobby Joe Leg 12/1 (365) - Annalee Lass 5/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads)
Like a couple in this one , first one of those is BOBBY JOE LEG who doesnt come in to this in the best of form but has decent CD form under his saddle so its a possibilty that he could go well , you certainly couldnt discount his chances here imho. Looking through his form he usually gets a win or two around this time of year so fingers crossed. Draw looks okay as does his current mark , won off higher , and is only 1lb higher than his last winning mark. Ruth Carr has just this one here today , and whilst shes not been in the best of form you can never totally write her runners off , whilst jockey James Sullivan in the plate and he knows the horse well having won six times on him and placed in a further thirteen. Can definatley make his presence felt if on a going day. ANNALEE LASS is my other selection , whose been in decent form this year with figures of - 5,3,1,2,1,4,9,2,3,3,3 so been there or thereabouts most of the time and i can see no reason why she cant give her running again this afternoon. Usually does well when running here with a win and two places from her four runs at Newcastle. First time over todays trip , usually running over a mile , but i dont think the drop will hurt her chances any. Hasnt won off a mark this high before but has gone well from it before (beaten a head) and from higher , the last twice , so that shouldnt be an issue. Peter Niven sends just this one to the meeting , and hes yet to win with her , got her from Lawrence Mullaney back in June of this year , and aside from her debut run where she came ninth she has yet to be out of the placings for him so a win is well over due i think. Ben Robison has ridden her twice before resulting in a second and a third , hopefully he can get that first win on her today.

Last edited:
Sunday 19th November

2.20 Cheltenham - Wayfinder 14/1 (365,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Captain Cattistock 14/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
A couple in this one catch my eye , first off WAYFINDER who was down to run yesterday but was pulled and had an entry in this so it made me think that the trainer and / or connections were hoping for a decent run , and at the price im willing to take a chance. Made a pleasing enough comeback after 8 months off and a wind op when third to Whacker Clan over 3m1f here at Cheltenham. That was a solid effort and if he can build on that then i think he can be bang there come the line. Hasnt been tried at this distance before but every chance he gets it , and trainer knows what shes doing. Up a 1lb for that lto run and hasnt won from a mark this high before but hes run well off around the same so i dont think that should be a problem. Has won on the going before and though he'll have to up his game i think he has every chance of a solid showing here. Trainer Rebecca Curtis sends just this one on the three hour journey from her Pembrokeshire stables and i cant see her doing that if she didnt think the horse stood a good chance , Sean Bowen in the hot seat , third on his sole ride on the horse to date. The other one i like the look of is CAPTAIN CATTISTOCK who rarely runs a bad race here at Cheltenham , has won three times and placed in a further one from his six runs here , and though he has yet to win at todays trip , i think that at the current price hes worth a shot to nothing , especially given his course form. Pulled up last time out on return to action after 154 days off , but before that had won here over 3m2f. Sure that after that initial run he'll strip fitter and returning here im hoping that he can put in a better effort. Hasnt won a class 1 before , has won class 2s , but has acquitted himself well enough for me to think a race like this is within his scope. Trainer Fergal O'Brien has been going well of late with a 22% strike rate over the last fortnight , whilst Liam Harrison gets the steering job on whats his sole ride of the day , since taking up riding duties on the horse back in February of last year hes struck up quite a partnership with CC , winning three times and placing in three from nine rides , and he does well when coming here to ride with a 20.8% strike rate over the last five years. Both of the selections would need to up their games if im honest but i think thats entirely possible and though others look as though they can go close , i think this pair can give us a run for our money , at what i consider decent prices.

2.38 Newcastle - Athollblair Boy 25/1 (365) :hissyfit
ATHOLLBLAIR BOY is the rank outsider of the field but looking at his course form i'd say that theres a possibilty that he may well outrun those odds and i reckon its worth a punt to find out. Admittedly he hasnt been at his best of late but the fact that hes won seven times over this afternoons CD and placed in a further nine i'd say you cant write him off. Although he hasnt been at his best lately he was running well earlier in the year , winning twice here (February / March) and looking through his form i notice that last year at around this time he was running well so hopefully history can repeat itself and we get a good run at decent odds. Draw doesnt look to bad to me , and the fact that hes won from higher marks than todays , and that todays mark is his last winning one , is another thing that makes me think he could go well. As i've said before Nigel Tinklers a trainer i like and hes been in cracking form lately with a 33% strike rate over the last two weeks , and he does well when sending them here with an overall strike rate of 11.1% alongside a profit of +£7.33. Jockey Alex Jary here for just this one ride , only has a place from his eight rides on the horse to date , but his 5lb could well come in handy , has a 20% strike rate over the last couple of weeks.

3.14 Newcastle - Bobby Joe Leg 12/1 (365) :hissyfit 2nd - Annalee Lass 5/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads) :hissyfit
Like a couple in this one , first one of those is BOBBY JOE LEG who doesnt come in to this in the best of form but has decent CD form under his saddle so its a possibilty that he could go well , you certainly couldnt discount his chances here imho. Looking through his form he usually gets a win or two around this time of year so fingers crossed. Draw looks okay as does his current mark , won off higher , and is only 1lb higher than his last winning mark. Ruth Carr has just this one here today , and whilst shes not been in the best of form you can never totally write her runners off , whilst jockey James Sullivan in the plate and he knows the horse well having won six times on him and placed in a further thirteen. Can definatley make his presence felt if on a going day. ANNALEE LASS is my other selection , whose been in decent form this year with figures of - 5,3,1,2,1,4,9,2,3,3,3 so been there or thereabouts most of the time and i can see no reason why she cant give her running again this afternoon. Usually does well when running here with a win and two places from her four runs at Newcastle. First time over todays trip , usually running over a mile , but i dont think the drop will hurt her chances any. Hasnt won off a mark this high before but has gone well from it before (beaten a head) and from higher , the last twice , so that shouldnt be an issue. Peter Niven sends just this one to the meeting , and hes yet to win with her , got her from Lawrence Mullaney back in June of this year , and aside from her debut run where she came ninth she has yet to be out of the placings for him so a win is well over due i think. Ben Robison has ridden her twice before resulting in a second and a third , hopefully he can get that first win on her today.

Last edited:
Back