• Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Boxing

Added Zepeda v Cabrera , Davis v Madueno , Fisher v Babic and Foster v Conceicao to the above

Last edited:
Saturday 6th July -

Shakur Stevenson v Artem Harutyunyan

Undefeated Stevenson (21 Fights - 21 Wins (10 KOs)) meets Harutyunyan (13 Fights - 12 Wins (7 KOs) to defend his WBC Lightweight Title , and gotta say not hugely interested in this one tbh , i like Stevenson , hes very skillful and is definitely one of the elite fighters out there but he looked poor in his last fight (cited injury) but the way he boxes is never gonna be fan friendly which is a shame because as i said he is definatley a slick and skillful fighter although often boring to watch. On the compu box record , just to highlight how bad that last fight against Edwin De La Santos was , it shows that it set a new record for the least amount of punches thrown with neither of the boxers landing in double digits in any round , so in all honesty a bit of a bore fest. So hopefully he can do better this time round , hes definatley better than that last fight. Harutyunyan comes into this on the back of a loss to Frank Martin (who was beaten by Gervonta Davis in his next fight) , he stands taller , only by an inch , than Stevenson. Looking through his resume Martin was the best hes faced to date , and for me Stevenson is better than Martin so im going the way of Stevenson here. But given all the hype etc Stevenson is gonna have to turn the style on here and possibly stop Harutyunyan if he can as if he wants to fight the best out there and get a bigger name for himself hes gonna have to impress people / the public. This is a must win fight for Stevenson , and i think he'll come out on top , but theres gotta be substance and style if he wants to fight the best and reach the pinnacle.

Shakur Stevenson To Win

William Zepeda v Giovanni Cabrera
An all Mexican affair thats an interesting bout , Zepeda (30 Fights - 30 Wins (26 Wins)) is ranked number one by all four of the sanctioning bodies , which is unusual in itself tbh , but he could be something special so i dont think they're far wrong .. Beat Maxi Hughes last time who retired in the fourth round and before that stopped the decent Mercito Gesta in the sixth round .. his punch output is phenomenal , over 1000 punches per 12 round fight , and he carries power as well so hes always going to be a danger to any opponent. Cabrera (23 Fights - 22 Wins (7 KOs) - 1 Loss) beat Ricardo Quiroz last time by unanimous decision and whilst hes a decent enough boxer i honestly think that hes gonna have his work cut out for him here. He lost to Issac Cruz in his penultimate bout , spending alot of his time backing up against the ropes , he cant afford to do that against someone like Zepeda who carries power in his shots , i dont think he can outwork him either tbh , he has to remain fluid and use movement if hes to stand any chance , but Maxi Hughes whose very technically proficient only lasted four rounds and i just cant see Cabrera being able to do that if im being honest. Probably an exciting fight , while it lasts , but ultimatley i see Zepeda wearing Cabrera down and stopping him.

William Zepeda To Win .. By Stoppage

O'Shaquie Foster v Robson Conceicao
Intriguing match up that i'm looking forward to , Foster (24 Wins - 22 Wins (12 KOs) - 2 Losses) has been touted as one of the next big fighters and whilst hes got skills , no doubt , i have to say im not totally convinced hes as good as theyre saying he is , he beat Rey Vargas by unanimous decision back in February 2023 to take the vacant WBC Super Featherweight Title , hes defended it twice since then and in all honesty though he won both fights he hasnt exactly looked sharp in doing so , in his first defence he stopped Eduardo Hernandez by TKO in the 12th round which was lucky tbh as by the judges cards Hernandez was winning when that stoppage came , in his next defence against Abraham Nova in February of this year he won by split decision and i think he could be up against it here facing a tough , proven fighter in Conceicao (22 Fights - 18 Wins (9 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 Loss - 1 No Contest) , i honestly dont think Conceicao gets the credit and recognition he deserves , (great amateur career and lost a very close decsion to Lomachenko) ,hes skillful , fast and has good solid ringcraft and technical knowhow , he beat Jose Ivan Guardado Ortiz by TKO last time , and before that drew with Emanuel Navarrette in a hard fought bout. His only losses have come to top tier opponents in Oscar Valdez and Shakur Stevenson and for me , i think hes gonna be Fosters biggest test to date. He has the speed and skill to frustrate Foster i think , and theres also the added incentive of the belt , at 35 this could well be Conceicao's final attempt at winning a world title and i think that theres a good possibilty that this will be in the back of his mind and push him on to do well. He has a decent chin but as Foster seems to come on in the latter half of fights hes gonna have to keep his wits about him , it should be a good fight , entertaining to watch and in all honesty its a 50/50 fight .. Foster is favourite , and probably for good reason , but i think theres enough reasons to side with the underdog in this one , and im going for Conceicao for an upset.

Robson Conceicao To Win

Keyshawn Davis v Miguel Madueno
Should be quite the banger this one , the exciting unbeaten Keshawn Davis (11 Fights - 10 Wins (7 KOs) - 1 No Contest) takes on Mexican Miguel Madueno (33 Fights - 31 Wins (28 KOs) - 2 Losses) in what should be an explosive bout , neither of them mind trading and neither will shy away from a good old fashioned tear up so i think this one is definatley one to watch. Davis beat the decent Jose Pedraza last time by sixth round TKO , where he retained his WBO Intercontinental and WBC - USNBC Lightweight Titles as well as adding the vacant IBF - USBA Lightweight Title to his haul. He came into the pro's back in 2021 after a solid career in the amateurs winning silver medals in 2019 Pan American games , 2019 World Championships and the 2020 Summer Olympics and so far hes carried on where he left off in the amateurs. He seems to have it all , skill and power and with a bit more experience im sure he'll be feasting at the top table soon enough , hes only 25 so theres no major rush either .. the only black mark is the no contest where he won the contest (against Nahir Albright in 2023) but tested positive for marijuana. As his record shows he carries fearsome power and hes outboxed his rivals in the other three , totally dominating them tbh. Madueno beat Justin Pauldo by split decision in his last fight , before that he lost a unanimous decision to Steve Claggett (who lost to Teofimo Lopez last weekend) .. he too is 25 years old and is solid enough , decent skills and solid power but he hasnt been up against someone like Davis from what i can see , and i think he may well struggle in this one , he'll give it his all but i have a feeling hes gonna fall short as for me Davis is far more skilled and technically proficient , he obviously has a punchers chance but Davis' chin has looked pretty solid upto now , and though im sure he'll be throwing some hard shots Davis' way i think unless he finishes him early Davis' is gonna break him down overtime (unless he catches Madueno early) .. Davis has a height and reach advantage , which im sure he'll capatalise on , and i just think he'll prove to quick and too skillful for Madueno.

Keyshawn Davis To Win

Johnny Fisher v Alen Babic
'The Romford Bull' Johnny Fisher (11 Fights - 11 Wins (10 KOs)) takes on probably his toughest assignment to date when he meets the hard hitting Croatian 'The Savage' Alen Babic (13 Fights - 12 Wins (11 KOs) - 1 Loss) and it should be fireworks from the off with these two hard hitting fella's. Babic beat Steve Robinson last time by sixth round TKO , but before that he lost to Lukasz Rozanski by first round stoppage , Rozanski was stopped in the first round by Lawrence Okolie embarrasingly easily which doesnt reflect well on Babic to be honest. Fisher made his American debut last time and stopped his opponent Dymtro Bezus in the first round. Neither have many rounds on the clock , but Babic is now 33 whilst Fisher is 25 , and he enjoys a good height , weight and reach advantage against Babic here which should count in his favour , both let their hands go so im looking at a stoppage here. Fisher is by no means the finished article theres plenty for him to work on but i think hes better than Babic , whose beginning to show a few cracks in his armour. Should be entertaining while it lasts but i think Fisher wins by stoppage in this one.

Johnny Fisher To Win .. By Stoppage

Johnny Fisher Wins .. By Stoppage :thumb

Back