• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Boxing

Saturday 26th October

Jack Catterall v Regis Prograis

Looks a decent bout on paper for me , Catterall (30 Fights - 29 Wins (13 KOs) - 1 Loss) comes into this on the back of three win streak , his last being against Josh Taylor , who he beat by a deserved unanimous decision to avenge that narrow loss to Taylor back in 2022 , in all honesty Catterall won that original fight for me (and plenty of others) and should be unbeaten. Prograis (31 Fights - 29 Wins (24 KOs) - 2 Losses) hasnt been since his loss to Devin Haney back in December of last year , that was a very one sided affair and he was pretty much schooled by Haney and he also got dropped by Haney who in all fairness isnt known for his power. His only other loss came to Josh Taylor back in 2019 , by majority decision , who as ive already stated Catterall has beaten (twice in imho). I like Prograis but he hasnt been seen since that Haney loss and he didnt look great in his last couple of fights , the Haney loss and his penultimate fight which he won against Danielito Zorrilla by a laboured looking split decision. Prograis seems to struggle with the more technical boxers and Catterall is technical and very defensively minded with an airtight defence , so im thinking that Prograis is gonna struggle to pin anything on him , and ring rust due to the lay off may well play a part especially when you consider that Catterall has fought already this year and is on a three bout winning streak (Darragh Foley , Jorge Linares and Josh Taylor) and hes gonna want to keep that winning momentum going. It should be an entertaining fight and if Prograis is on form he'll be looking to take Catterall out but i think ultimately i see Catterall being too good for Prograis and adding another win to his resume.

Jack Catterall To Win

Back