• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Only Football & Horses

Nothing stands out for me mate but i'd give chances to

2.53 Ron Burgundy 9/1
5.28 Jina 14/1 - Marley Head 16/1

at decent prices but im not confident gotta be honest

Cheers Sean. It looks a really tough card today.
I've currently got my shortlist down to about 5 fancies per race lol.
Jina was on there. I'll probably back that one along with Edinburgh Rock, in that race.
I'm going with small stakes for sure today.

Gone for a few myself again at big prices. Adding Sean's in the 2.53 for the forecast and also adding his two in the 5.28 for forecast /tricast.

2.53 REBEL LEADER - Nice run back off a long break and chance if not suffering the so called " bounce effect " at 12's.

4.23 NEVILLE'S CROSS - Down to an attractive looking mark and has the first time visor today at 22's.

4.53 MOOMOO'S MILAN - Has a fair Bumper pedigree so interesting that they have avoided going this route and have opted to send him straight hurling instead. Arguably going to want further in time but if things get desperate possibly worth an each way at 40's.

5.28 FLINTSTONE - Disappointing since last win, so need the first time cheekpieces to work their magic. Could not entirely rule out 25's.

Good luck Samoan. I did have both Nevilles Cross and Flinstone down as possibles and may well back them myself now.

I do have to back Ron Burgundy now. I've just acquired free tickets, via a friend from jockey Charlie Todd. It's his only ride there so it's only right i have a few quid on him.

Ron Burgundy a good winner, cheers Sean. I only got 4/1 but a great start to the day. Had the next two shorter priced winners too but it went down hill in the last 3 races. A great day out though.

I've got 3 i'm on tomorrow.

Sligo 3.10 - EVE MONEYPENNY @ 9/2
A horse from my tracker. Won well lto, coming from what looked a beaten horse 5F out, passing everything to win with a bit to spare. I think you were on it @ 50/1 Samoan?
I've had a decent e.w single bet on this, 4 places.

Also added a couple more for a small trixie

Ayr 4.15 - OLD SMOKE @ 11/2
Disappointing last time but a cracking run previous to that. Hoping the 1st time cheek pieces put him back on track.

MkR 5.50 - THE BOOLA BOSS @ 11/8
Worcester win was a decent one and the 3rd has won since (Ron Burgundy)

All 3 beaten out of sight. I must think about horses for courses more.

Any antepost football bets about?......

I always look for course form Punter , they dont have to have won at the course just ran well , i always think its a sound starting point

I'm going to leave the horses for a bit now and put a bit by for Ante Post football over the coming weeks.

I've already got one that i'm going to shout up.

I've been watching Conference North football for a few seasons now and as a follower of Hereford i can't help but be a bit excited about our chances of a good season. Not the normal pre season optimism so much but the fact that many changes have been made since last season.

We have a new Chairman, we have a new manager, we have an entire new squad. It's a complete new set up.

I'm not sure how the new changes have come about but the signings of both manager, Paul Caddis and the players he has bought in are better than last two seasons, set up.

Although it's Caddis first managerial position since retiring he's been an academy coach at Fleetwood since 2021. As a player he made 17 appearances for Celtic before moving on to 5 English league clubs. He was Captain at Birmingham City and has one Cap for Scotland.

He has a few more contacts in the game than our previous manager and has bought in some experienced players who might still be able to cut it at this level. Adam Rooney who played for Aberdeen and Salford, being just one.

We're no Wrexham but there seems to have been a little bit more to spend this pre season, some of it due to reducing squad size and focusing on quality rather than quantity.

There is a positive feel amongst the fans, the club has revealed our new kit and much to the delight of everyone they've done a retro shirt of when we won League 1 in 1976. Long over due this.

I'd been waiting for the odds to come out in this league and they came out yesterday. I was thinking somewhere around 6 and 8/1 based on we have one of the largest following in the league, alone.

Bet365 and Betway are both 14/1, 1/4 odds, 3 places! William Hills have already cut from 14/1 to 12/1.
It's a big price imo. Sadly by the time Unibet put their odds up i'll probably only get a single figure price but 14/1 now...if you've got any loose change in your account i'd recommend an each way bet.

Nice one Punt and good luck.
My best betting days were when City was in the Championship and Div 1 (or old div 1/2).
There's a lot of value to be had down there as those leagues aren't half as scrutinised as much as the prem, that's not to say things haven't changed since then as it seems a long time ago.

I agree, there is value to be had in the lower leagues. Not necessarily every week but sometimes, if you follow your team in that league, sometimes during the season the bookies aren't always on top of their game. They get lax on injuries, signings, sackings etc.

Great to have the football season starting again. I've got a weekly 20.00 bet allowance.

I'm going to be playing BTTS for the opening few weeks

Sheffield Wednesday - Southampton @ 3/4
Stoke City - Rotherham United @ Evs
Watford - Queens Park Rangers @ 41/50
Swansea City - Birmingham @ 3/4
Sunderland - Ipswich Town @ 4/6

5 x 4.00 Fourfolds

Hearts and Leeds double this weekend. Cardiff were fortunate not to get relegated last year and if Leeds want to go up then they should be winning this game. St Johnstone have supposedly a few players still out injured so having a punt on Hearts.

Always hard first couple of weeks till some form shows but double pays just over 2/1

Good luck Kegs, nice win for Hearts, come on Leeds!

I'm 3 out of 4 going in to tomorrows Sunderland v Ipswich Town game. It's a double my stake or zero return game.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on the English leagues for BTTS.
So far the Championship has produced 7 from 9 games, that both teams scored, with three games left to be played tomorrow.
League 1 was just 3 from 12! League 2 was 5 from 11. The National League was 8 from 12. And the National League North was 7 from 12.

The bookings markets might be interesting early doors too. New rules and lengthy added time should contribute to more yellows than usual, if only for a few weeks until it settles down.
In the 9 games in the Championship played so far, there has been 8, 7, 1, 4, 7, 1, 8, 5, 3, bookings.
League 1 was far higher, including 10 bookings in 1 game. The lowest amount of bookings in this league for one game was 4. Plenty of 7 and 8 bookings in between.

So far the Championship has produced 7 from 9 games, that both teams scored, with three games left to be played tomorrow.

10 out of 12 in the end. A pity i found one of them. QPR let me down for over 10 x stake. They are the first team of the season to go on my shit list.
4 out of 5 - 42.11 returned.

Yes Kegs, i hope the list doesn't get too big!

I'm going to leave the horses for a bit now and put a bit by for Ante Post football over the coming weeks.
I've already got one that i'm going to shout up.

I've been watching Conference North football for a few seasons now and as a follower of Hereford i can't help but be a bit excited about our chances of a good season. Not the normal pre season optimism so much but the fact that many changes have been made since last season.

We have a new Chairman, we have a new manager, we have an entire new squad. It's a complete new set up.

I'm not sure how the new changes have come about but the signings of both manager, Paul Caddis and the players he has bought in are better than last two seasons, set up.

Although it's Caddis first managerial position since retiring he's been an academy coach at Fleetwood since 2021. As a player he made 17 appearances for Celtic before moving on to 5 English league clubs. He was Captain at Birmingham City and has one Cap for Scotland.

He has a few more contacts in the game than our previous manager and has bought in some experienced players who might still be able to cut it at this level. Adam Rooney who played for Aberdeen and Salford, being just one.

We're no Wrexham but there seems to have been a little bit more to spend this pre season, some of it due to reducing squad size and focusing on quality rather than quantity.

There is a positive feel amongst the fans, the club has revealed our new kit and much to the delight of everyone they've done a retro shirt of when we won League 1 in 1976. Long over due this.

I'd been waiting for the odds to come out in this league and they came out yesterday. I was thinking somewhere around 6 and 8/1 based on we have one of the largest following in the league, alone.

Bet365 and Betway are both 14/1, 1/4 odds, 3 places! William Hills have already cut from 14/1 to 12/1.
It's a big price imo. Sadly by the time Unibet put their odds up i'll probably only get a single figure price but 14/1 now...if you've got any loose change in your account i'd recommend an each way bet.

A good away draw at Kings Lynn on Saturday. Not a bad, well deserved point, considering how good they were last season, only just missing out on being Champions. It's a tough away game out of the way, one you'd want to avoid towards the end of the season.

I've only got 14/1 but BET365 have pushed us out to 18/1 after that result!
It's a massive each way price at 1/4 odds and i know i'm going to get a good run for my money.

BTTS

Huddersfield Town v Leicester City @ 8/11
Rotherham United v Blackburn Rovers @ 3/4
Burton Albion v Derby County @ 10/13
Stevenage FC v Shrewsbury Town @ 4/5
Newcastle Utd v Aston Villa @ 3/4

5 x 4.00 Fourfolds

Good luck Punter , ive been toying with a football one ,

Saturday all over 1.5
Watford v QPR 4-0
Shrewbury v Cheltenham 1-0
Crewe v Mansfield 2-2
Celtic v Ross Co 4-2
Sunday
Leicester v Coventry over 1.5 2-1
Sunderland v Ipswich BTTS 1-2

So 3/4 on Saturday and Both right on Sunday , aint bothered to look at prices yet just wanna see how it does for a while ,

For tonight i have
Hibs v Lucerne BTTS

For Saturday all over 1.5
Bournemouth v West Ham
Preston v Sunderland
WBA v Swansea
Watford v Plymouth
Cardiff v QPR
Oxford v Carlisle
Sunday over 1.5
Cheslea v Liverpool

Probably have to delve further and whittle em down to 2,3,4 timers as i imagine the prices are a bit crap

Well done with Hibs BTTS, Sean.
Over 1.5's are worth a look to help fill a bet with one, maybe two, but the prices are too short for me to fill a whole bet.

I'm off to Hereford tomorrow night for the game v Rushall.
There was over 3000 there Saturday for the win against Darlington. An 89th minute winner kept the good vibe and optimism going. It was an entertaining game with most of it played in their half. We have some half decent players now, better than the previous two seasons that i've been watching regular.

I think Rushall got promoted via the play offs, beating Nuneaton on penalties. 1 point from 6 so far this season.

It a game we should win if we're to have ambitions of winning the league, so i'll give it one more shout that Hereford represent good value on the 14/1 that's still on offer, for an each way bet. Hopefully that will be close to being halved after tomorrow nights game.

I've got a few bets on for Tuesdays, National League North games...

Hereford @ 4/5

Hereford -1 @ 47/20

Hereford @ 4/5
Chester @ 13/10
South Shields @ 5/4
Trixe.

Back