1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score 2015/16 - Paid Entry

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by Punter, Jul 5, 2015.

1. newman200

newman200 OTC

Punter and rcgills like this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Nice one Punt.
    Just a thought though, should the Christmas cup winner be winning more than the League winner?
    I'm not knocking your judgement system lol, But personally I'd have swapped those figures round.

Apart from that everything else looks swell:thumb
  3. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Not often me and Slick agree on anything football related, but Im with him on this.

I would have thought that the biggest prize would be for the league winner, as that is over 38 weeks of predicting, rather than 4 weeks for the Christmas cup (which is the top prize).

The league winner is more deserving of the top prize, as theyve been the most consistent points scorer over the full season.

Anyone could have a couple of good weeks, and end up as the Christmas cup winner, and get £20 more than the league winner, which doesnt seem fair to the league winner in my opinion.

Super effort on getting those numbers involved Punter, just need to tweek the prizes so the league winner gets the biggest prize whatever that may be.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I hear what you're saying fella's and it makes sense in what you're saying, but here's my view on why it should stay as it is.

The winner of the league has a fair chance of winning more than just the league. The league winner or even 2nd and 3rd come to that, will have to be in form for the best part of the season, especially toward the end of the season when the CL kicks in. There's every chance that the league's top 3 could be involved with the CL winners or runners up prize. I think i'm right in saying that you made the semi final of the CL last season Howson?

The league winner will be in form throughout and has more of a chance of nailing a £50 Super Saturday, The Highest Score, The league cup or even the Xmas pot, than just a lucky winner.

Competition aside, people need money more than ever around the Christmas period and i've a feeling whoever wins it will probably need it the most. Also with it only being run over 4 weeks there's a good chance that this pot might be shared.
    ActionDan likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

That's the most long winded 'Fcuk off' I've seen in my life:lol

I better go and check what the Super Saturday is because it's the first I've heard of it.:leaving
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

7. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Im happy to go along with that Punter, just cos it must have taken you ages to think of all that
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

I just cant load the top end up too high, not only based on what i said in my last post. We'll need players to come back next season knowing that even if they cant win the league there's still some cracking pots to won.

One big pot for Xmas, 24 of us, all with an equal chance.
  9. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Yeah thats a good point Punt, all comps are good payouts anyway.
    Punter likes this.
  10. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

I bet you was happy with the score at Villa Park tgt Punt, think you will know what i mean
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm never happy to see a Utd win. Ever.

Somethings just happen to ease the blow :)

Good shout on calling the correct score :thumb
  12. ActionDan

ActionDan New Member

At least I'm still on top of the League Cup :clap. WTF's appnin :duh
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Early days ActionDan, plenty of time.

Only 155pts seperate top from Bottom, tonight. That can be turned around in the next two gameweeks.

League Cup starts next week.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

OOOOOH... look at that score from Kop66! What a man! What a player! 17th to 2nd in just one week. That's how this game can go early season.

But the week belongs to '2 badge' Mick Sorahan, who sits at the top of the table with 100pts after Gameweek 2.

As mentioned the League cup starts next week and runs for 5 weeks, we all start on level points again here. £60 to the winner, £30 the Runner up. Good luck.

Capture.PNG Capture 1.PNG

Kop66 leads the way for the highest score prize, with 135pts from 10 fixtures in Gameweek 2
    rcgills likes this.
  15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail:zhail
    Punter likes this.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up last season's consistency but I think I've managed to pull it off so far.
    Punter likes this.
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

lol, if i remember rightly you went on a five week blitz this time last year and finished runner up in the League Cup!
    Top of the Betnod Free Cash, I'm watching you :talkhand
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Ben Davies is the new league leader after gameweek 3, nice going Ben. Slick, Kop66 and Mick Sorahan all within 10pts of top spot though.

Gameweek 3 BPL table.

cap1.PNG cap2.PNG

It was also the 1st week of the League Cup this week too. Slick leads the way, setting the new high score with 140pts. Nice one Slick.
    Ben Davies, Ian Rattigan and Tolly were the only other players to hit 100pts or more. Well done fellas.

League Cup Gameweek 1
    cap3.PNG
    cap4.PNG

Slick leads the way for the highest score prize, with 140pts from 10 fixtures in Gameweek 3
    rcgills likes this.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Punt but that will soon go out of the window even b4 we head a double set of fixtures I reckon.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I'm going to get my review in while the goings good because I know it won't last long:lol

Game Week 3 Review
    slick plays a blinder

An outstanding 140 points gain in Game Week 3 saw slick leap 28,833 places from 32,406th to 3,573rd on the 2015/16 Championship Leaderboard.

slick played their Banker well on the West Bromwich Albion vs Chelsea game, whilst taking Insurance on the Leicester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur game proved a shrewd move.

This weeks score was boosted by a Banker Bonus of {7}.

slick's accuracy remained more or less constant at 50%. They are now scoring an average of 62 points per gameweek. Could this be slick's season?

Looking further afield, the average score this week was a sad 10 points, influenced by a disappointing 39% of predictions being correct. Only 39% of you played your Banker correctly. Finally, congratulations to our leaderHarrisonWebb on 445 points and also a special mention for this week's top scorerallan7 who scored 265.

Good luck next gameweek!
    Punter and newman200 like this.