1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score - World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by Punter, May 25, 2014.

1. newman200

newman200 OTC

At long last the World Cup has started. The opening game is notorious as being one of the worst games in the whole tournament. But this year, Brazil v Croatia was a decent match to watch. Neither side will win the tournament unless they drastically improve and I'm sure Brazil will. I've nominated them as the eventual champions.
  2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

They do have home advantage,but is the nation behind them or worrying about public spending cuts? Weren't they also awarded a controversial penalty to get them back into the game after they had fallen behind?
  3. newman200

newman200 OTC

Steve, you are right on both accounts. The country is a little lukewarm towards their national team, but as the tournament progresses, so will the support.
    And every team that wins a cup tournament always has a moment of good luck that keeps them in.
  4. newman200

newman200 OTC

I've just checked the table and am pleased to say that they appear to be updated by about an hour after final whistle of each game.
  5. newman200

newman200 OTC

I bet there were few to predict that Holland would beat Spain, but I'm sure nobody but nobody predicted that Spain would get humiliated 1-5.
    And that RVP headed goal, wasn't it something special. That will be repeated on TV for years to come. Fantastic.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

24 Entries, i can only screen shot the top 13

ca.PNG
  7. newman200

newman200 OTC

Colombia 3-0 Greece.
    What a bummer to have a goal scored in the dying seconds of time added on. I predicted it as 2-0 and then 92minutes and 33 seconds into the game Columbia score another one. Lost me 20 points that goal did.
  8. newman200

newman200 OTC

Bloody Hell, Uruguay 1-3 Costa Rica.
    The commentator said that it was the first upset of this year's World Cup.
    Fool. It is the 2nd upset: he must have forgotten about Holland/Spain. And I got both those results wrong.
    I hope England win, but have put them down as a draw. I'm pretty sure Italy will not beat our boys.
  9. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

To be fair it was an entertaining match,and if we don't beat Uruguay on Thursday we don't deserve the go through.
  10. newman200

newman200 OTC

Okay, for the statistic geeks amongst us, here is our mini-league in the national IKTS table.
    [​IMG] 142 (515) Malvern/Betnod League Special Interests: Sports / Football +385 pts gw /
    900 pts total
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Gutted at that 95th minute equaliser by Portugal last night, cost me 40pts :grr
  12. newman200

newman200 OTC

Similar story here. I had it down as a 0-0 draw but placed my Insurance on this game and not some of my other duff predictions.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice going fellas.

I dont suppose anybody knows who Howson is?
  14. slick

slick Administrator

It's a lad from work Punt, he was in a league all on his own in the literal sense so I let him join our League, it was only after I added him that I noticed the cnut was 2nd lol.

I'm doing as bad as the England squad.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick, no worries then.

I'd like to be able to say there's time to turn it around. But like England, there's not.
  16. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

FFS, I forgot today's matches were round 3, forgot to predict for the first 2. It appears to have done it for me automatically though, predicted 1-0 wins for Australia :thinking and Holland.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

I wish I had forgotten.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm going good but the boy Cameron is smashing it!

I'm not sure if he's 12,13 or 14. We'll have him at Betnod when he's 18 though..

Latest table...

1.PNG
  19. slick

slick Administrator

I've noticed your doing pretty well Punt, Good luck mate.

I've got another lad at work to enter 'cleggys' , I'm grooming them for the paid IKTS next season.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick,14 of us last season, i'll probably lose a couple but gain a few.

I'll start sorting it out closer the time.