• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Only Football & Horses

Boro the only winner.

Football and Horses tomorrow..

3 homes at odds against prices - Trixie

Birmingham City @ 2.32
Rotherham @ 4.10
Celtic @ 3.95

Kempton - EW Singles, small EW trixie

4:58 - Swiss Pride @ 7/1
5:30 - Whiteley Way @ 9/1
6:30 - Catwalk Model @ 12/1

3 selections on the footie for me this weekend...

The biggest overprice in the National League North this weekend has to be Rushall Olympic away at Buxton.
Newly promoted Rushall started off poorly, but recent results will tell you they're now getting the hang of it.
They have won 3 of their last 5. The last two, they have scored 6 and conceded none against two teams who were placed in 4th and 5th at the time.
They are by no means a banker but they are in form and i wouldn't of expected to see the 4.25 on offer.
I watched them at Edgar St, two months ago and they were dominant. I would of expected to see them around 2.6 to 2.8 for this game

Salford have a tricky away trip to Barrow. Both are closely matched on form and both teams won away midweek.
They are another team that i think are overpriced @ 3.60. Another one that i'd of had around 2.6 to 2.8

Not that i know much too much about Scottish football but one i'm quite keen on this weekend is too see if new manager Duncan Ferguson can continue to do something with ICT and help get them clear of relegation.
An away win and a home draw for him so far.
I think he can make it 7 pts from 9 against Airdrie, who have only picked up 1 point in their last two games, against average opposition.
Like i said, i don't know too much about Scottish football but this one feels like the odds against bet of the weekend for me @ 2.20

Rushall Olympic @ 4.25
Salford @ 3.60
Inverness CT @ 2.20

Singles and a small trixie.

Good luck Punt.
Being a Safordian myself I know a few lads who go watching Salford regularly, Disenchanted United fans actually:lol and they've not been too impressed this year. They don't know what to expect one week to the other, the consistency that got them to where they are now has gone but they are more than capable of putting in a good performance against anybody.
Saying that I know sweet fa about Barrow so can't really comment about the odds.

Cheers Slick. Salford are difficult to catch right but if i see them @ 3.00 or more i usually put them in.
A draw for them yesterday in the end. And for Rushall who led twice.
Inverness CT my only winner

Gillingham Ht Draw Ft @ 16/1

Is the very best Hereford can hope for in Saturday's FA Cup 1st Round

You've got to favour Gillingham even more now they've got their new manager, Steve Clemence, who looks to be a very good appointment, would you agree RC?

Our own manager, who is doing a great job, will be watching the game from the stand after receiving a third yellow card of the season during the 2-1 win at Chorley last weekend.

I've got my ticket and it should be a great occasion. Nearly 4500 tickets sold so far and the fans will be loud and proud if we can stop the Gills from taking a 2-0 lead.

Our main striker Jason Cowley made a 10 minute appearance from the subs bench last week, after being out injured since the opening game of the season. If he features Saturday it'll be a massive boost for us.
He's 100/30 to score anytime and 12/1 to score first but the likely hood is, he wont have too much game time after being out for so long.
Him coming off the bench to earn us a reply is a possibility, albeit a very small one.

We beat Rochdale at home in the last round, who are a league above us, in a very tight game but the gap up to a potential League 2 winner, is too big. We need the gods to be with us and maybe the underworld too, to have any chance.

In years gone by we'd of cut up the pitch and turned it into a potato field to play on, just to make it a bit more of a leveller but those days have gone, as we have more ambition in the league.

We've gone quite the opposite in fact. Ben Bowen (Jarod Bowen's uncle), Hereford's groundsman, has done a cracking job on the pitch the past week or so. Even re-laying one end.

Ben Bowen - Another night shift
Capture.PNG

We love the FA Cup and its a year to the day that we lost the great Ronnie Radford.

We can dream for a little longer yet.

COYW

You've got to favour Gillingham even more now they've got their new manager, Steve Clemence, who looks to be a very good appointment, would you agree RC?

What's the question there, Punter? Would I agree you've got to favour Gillingham, or would I agree Steve Clemence looks a very good appointment? If it's the first one, I'm not getting involved in that discussion :lol :lol If it's the second one, yes, looks a very promising appointment. Been around a fair bit as no. 2 to Steve Bruce (who started his playing career with the Gills), looking to make the step up now as head coach. Will help that he's got some experienced heads around as well, with Kenny Jackett as Director of Football and Keith Millen as head of the academy.

Enjoy the match tomorrow, hopefully not too much though, eh? :lol

:lol

Well done the Gills. A deserved win.
Not much in it in the second half so we can be proud of that and take that form to the league now.

Still 33/1 with BetVictor and i'm convinced more than ever that we will finish top 3

Well done the Gills. A deserved win.
Not much in it in the second half so we can be proud of that and take that form to the league now.

Cheers Punter :thumb Couldn't watch the match, but was listening to the commentary, sounds like 1st half we were comfortable if not particularly threatening, but the 2nd half sounded like Hereford gave it a good go.

Guessing by your Facebook post that you had a good post-match session? :lol

Yes a good pre and post-match session, thanks :lol

Gillingham looked good in and out of possession. I know it was only Hereford but you never really looked in any danger. Looks like you've got some smart players at the club. Good luck for the rest of the season :thumb

I've had a National League North, Trixie tonight...

Hereford @ 3.05
Bishop's Stortford @ 3.55
South Shields @ 1.92

Hereford and South Shields both won, Bishops Stortford got thumped.

Sticking with those two winners tonight.

Hereford to beat Banbury
S.Shields to beat Spennymoor
Double @ 5.30

Hereford to win 3-1 @ 15.00
S.Shields to win 3-1 @ 19.00
Singles and a double

Total Goals: Over 2.5 @ 1.72 - Chorley - Darlington FC
Total Goals: Over 2.5 @ 1.80 - Spennymoor Town - South Shields FC
Total Goals: Over 2.5 @ 1.98 - Hereford United - Banbury United
Total Goals: Over 2.5 @ 1.96 - Rushall Olympic - Alfreton Town
Total Goals: Over 2.5 @ 1.81 - Brackley Town - Gloucester City

5 x four folds

A small each way patent at Wolves tonight, too

7.30 - Arcadian Nights
8.00 - Hellavapace
8.30 - Assembled
All at SP

Cheers Sean, a small profit on the patent and a decent night on the football.

Hereford won 4-1, South Shields won 5-2 to give me a nice double @ 5.30

The 284/1 correct score double was on at one point, too. Both winning 3-1 with 20 minutes left, I could of cashed out @ 64/1 but wouldn't of considered it unless it hit 180/1. But South Shields got a 4th too quickly afterwards.
I did cash out the Single on Hereford just before they scored the 4th at around 12/1.

Only 3 out of 5 on the over 2.5, the other two finished with a goal short.

An E.W Lucky 15 on some mules at big prices later.

7.30 - Jacks Point @ 25/1
7.45 - Higher Kingdom @ 20/1
8.00 - Pop The Champagne @ 14/1
8.30 - Sixties Chic @ 18/1

Also added an e.w single on Pop The Champagne

Joined you on Jacks Point ( now 40's ) Do think Supaspecialawesome will go well at 8's.

7.45 - Gone with Garrick Partner at 25's, so added yours, now at 33's

Unibet are shite. If i take a price and it drifts i dont get the B.O.G. when they are paying an extra place.
I usually take these races at SP because 80% of the time they are bigger at the off.
On this occasion though i really did think that Sixties Chic was value and would go off shorter :ohwell

And are there bookies out there still that pay double the odds for only one winner in a Lucky 15, or is that a thing of the past too?

Back