• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Only Football & Horses

3 placed.

Finishing off the weekend betting in the Brighton/Liverpool game.
It's Trent Alexander Arnold's birthday today (25) and he's almost certain to start tomorrow, with the amount of suspensions and injuries. I think he'll be up for having a couple of pops at goal..

Shot on Target @ 3.15
To score @ 11/1
To score first @ 28/1
To score 2 or more @ 110/1

Small varied stakes

Brighton kept Trent pegged back in is own half - I demand a replay

I've got to start another 20 - 200

Saturday
Ukraine to beat North Macedonia
20 @ 1.62

I've been told to expect a good run from Pop The Champagne in the 5.10 at Exeter, tomorrow.

Not usually a trustworthy source - Fiver @ 10/1

Cheers Punter , i like the chances of the Milton Harris pair (Cabrakan and Copshill Lad) in that race , almost made it as bets on the trying something thread .. so gonna do a combination forecast with your one :thumb

Drifted to 33/1 and came fifth :shit

Back to the footie tomorrow. I'm off to watch the FA Cup game between Hereford and Rochdale.
A league above us i was hoping for a bigger price than 3.20 so it doesn't represent too much value but we've kept 4 clean sheets in a row now and we put in a great performance away at South Shields last week, who had previously won all 5 home games. We have a small chance in front of around 3,500 fans.

One that i do think is more value is Hungary to beat Serbia @ 2.70
Hungarian football seems to be on the up and there's more to the team than just Szobozlai.
Hungary won the away fixture 2-1 in September, so makes the 2.70 look like big value for the home win.

Joined you on Hereford Punt and doubled them up with East Kilbride in the Scottish League Challenge Cup. EK are top of the Lowland League / unbeaten and opponents Hamilton, may have a few out, so the 5's may prove a bit big.

Just had a couple of First Scorer bets in the Notts v Mansfield 12.30pm Kick off -

JOHN BOSTOCK (Notts County) at 16's
ADEN FLINT (Mansfield) at 22's

Cheers for Hereford Punter. Sadly East Kilbride got whacked 5 - 2, but Hamilton handed out a few debut's, so surprised it was so easy. On the bet directly above. Aden Flint, did score for Mansfield, but sadly it was the 4th goal of the game.

Nice one Samoan, i'm glad you had a punt on us. We just about deserved it today.
Nice shout with Aden Flint, i see he scored, but not first. A cracking result for Mansfield, i never saw that scoreline coming.

I've had a brilliant day. I went hospitality for the game, sat with former player Keith Hicks. He played for us, Oldham and Rochdale in the 70's and 80's.
I got off on the wrong foot with him though. I asked him about a game that i'd remembered when i was 11. Hereford were rock bottom of the league and were getting battered every week. Nothing was going right. But i came in for the scores at full time one Saturday and seen that we'd beaten Oldham 5-3 away.

Keiths name had me linking him with that particular game but i couldn't remember why? Did he score for Hereford or did he score for Oldham? Did he even play?
As soon as i mentioned 1977 he butted in and said " you're going to ask me about Oldham 3 Hereford 5 aren't you". I said yes, did you play? He glared me down and said "I played for Oldham and scored 2 own goals :lol
I should of researched it :lol:embarassed

Had a good day betting wise too. Hereford @ 3.20, Hungary @ 2.70 and Ukraine @ 1.63 all winning.
I had all 3 individually but did put the 3 of them in a small treble, too @ 13/1

I've tried to find draws from the remaining games of the Euro qualifiers

Norway-Spain @ 3.65
Bosnia-Portugal @ 4.20
Belgium-Sweden @ 3.95
Greece-Netherlands @ 3.40
England Italy @ 3.70

Varied stakes, doubles and up.

Hereford v Gillingham in the next round, RC!
Come on! Up the Whites!

Hereford v Gillingham in the next round, RC!
Come on! Up the Whites!

Yeah, just seen it now! Got to be honest, not sure I fancy our chances the way we're playing away from home lately. Although hopefully we'll have a new manager in by then.

I'd settle for a repeat of either of the last two times we played you :naughty

Last edited:
Keiths name had me linking him with that particular game but i couldn't remember why? Did he score for Hereford or did he score for Oldham? Did he even play?
As soon as i mentioned 1977 he butted in and said " you're going to ask me about Oldham 3 Hereford 5 aren't you". I said yes, did you play? He glared me down and said "I played for Oldham and scored 2 own goals :lol
I should of researched it :lol:embarassed

:roll

Yeah, just seen it now! Got to be honest, not sure I fancy our chances the way we're playing away from home lately. Although hopefully we'll have a new manager in by then.

I'd settle for a repeat of either of the last two times we played you :naughty

Oh damn :lol I forgot about those two games. I think that 5-4 defeat pretty much confirmed us to non league football again.

I dont fancy our chances for this one, it should be another good day out at Edgar Street but that's the end of the run i would imagine.

Paolo Gazzaniga who was in goal for Gills in that 5-4 win is now first choice keeper at Girona, currently sitting 2nd in the Spanish Primera, separating Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Oh wow. Wasn't he at Spurs, too?

It actually got worse. As he and his lovely wife were leaving he shook our hands and i said "Nice to see you"
He glared at me again and said "To see you nice?"
He must get a fair bit of stick about that because of the chin on him...Bruce Forsyth :lol
I didn't even think about the Brucie connection...i must learn to think before i open my mouth :lol

Oh wow. Wasn't he at Spurs, too?

Yes, played a bit for Spurs and Southampton after he left the Gills

It actually got worse. As he and his lovely wife were leaving he shook our hands and i said "Nice to see you"
He glared at me again and said "To see you nice?"
He must get a fair bit of stick about that because of the chin on him...Bruce Forsyth :lol
I didn't even think about the Brucie connection...i must learn to think before i open my mouth :lol

:lol

Bet 1: Ukraine to beat North Macedonia - 20 @ 1.62 WON 2-0
Bet 2: Man City to beat Brighton - 32.40 @ 1.37

I'm off out for the lunch time kick off, Liverpool v Everton.

Backing TAA for some involvement in this.

Shot on Target 10.00 @ 2.65
To Get a Card 6.00 @ 5.80
Anytime scorer 2.00 @ 10.5
First Scorer 1.00 @ 23.00
Score 2 or More 1.00 @ 80/1

Good luck and have a good one Punt.
I usually have this game down as a close game but I can see you mullering them.

Trent had a couple of pops from range failed to hit the target.

4 aways for a small bet, midweek..

Hereford to beat Alfreton @ 2.95
South Shields to beat Chorley @ 2.75
Middlesborough to beat Norwich @ 2.60
Charlton to beat Lincoln @ 2.48

No banker by any means, a tricky game for Hereford this as Alfreton have been a decent outfit for a couple of seasons now, being around the play-offs last season and so far this season but Hereford are a team in form and the 2.95 looks a decent price considering they've only conceded one goal in their last 6 league and cup games.
Still 40/1 with Victor Chandler to win the league btw, it's a massive price for the each way value, guaranteed to give you a run for your money.

South Shields are league contenders, far more so than Scunthorpe, who were already odds on a few weeks back. Their trip to Chorley wont be an easy game but another price that's bigger than it should be @ 2.75

Boro are going for 6 wins on the trot, 7 if you count an EFL game. I'm obviously wary that, that run will come to an end and that i might be having a punt on them at the wrong time but It's not really working out for Wagner as manager of Norwich. 1 win, 1 draw, 3 losses in their last 5. They wont like their east anglian rivals, Ipswich flying in 2nd, being better than them for the first time in many a season either.
Add the fact that Norwich went 2-0 up against Leeds at the weekend and still lost 3-2.
I'm predicting a bottom half finish for them this season.

Charlton and Lincoln are closely matched. A result for Dave Courtney? A stupid punt on that theory.

Back