• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Saturday 2nd September

5.20 Sandown - Spring Bloom 8/1 (365,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd - Safari Dream 10/1 (365) :hissyfit
Theres a couple in this class 4 handicap that catch my eye , first one is top weight SPRING BLOOM who comes into this in fine fettle , going close the last twice , penultimate run over 6f at Newmarket he went down by 1/2 length in fourth followed that up last time out with a head second to Good Earth , that was over todays CD , and if in the same sort of mood then i can see him going very close here. Hasnt won here as yet but does seem to go well having placed in all three starts over CD. Catches my eye that hes coming down in class here , wont mind the going and the draw doesnt look to bad imho. Hasnt won from a mark this high in three attempts , but given his recent form im not too bothered about that. Trainer Robert Eddery isnt a trainer i really follow and he is having a bit of a lean spell at the moment if im being honest , but has got a decent enough 14% strike rate overall here at Sandown and the fact he relies on just this one here today could point to a decent run being on the cards. Richard Kingscote in the plate and he has a 12% strike rate in the past two weeks , and has one place from one ride to date on the horse , here back in 2021 when he was second. Does well when coming to Sandown with a 15.4% strike rate overall along with a profit of +18.40. SAFARI DREAM is my other selection , started the season well enough with two thirds but then could only manage tenth of twenty one at York last time out , was equipped with first time cheekpieces for that run and they've been left off today so hopefully he can show himself in a better light. Never run a bad race round here , with two wins and a place from three wins , all over this afternoons CD , has won twice and placed twice from five outings in the class and the going shouldnt be a problem. Hasnt won off this mark before but has placed so hopefully that wont be an issue either. Rod Millman sends just this one to the meeting and hes a trainer i rate , knows the time of day and how to ready one , has a 13% strike rate over the past couple of weeks and has a 20.4% strike rate when coming to Sandown overall. One of the main things that caught my eye is the fact that Oisin Murphy is booked to ride for the first time , so to me that means they mean business , has a 16% strike rate in the last three weeks and when coming here to ride boasts an 18.7% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away.

5.35 Beverley - Dandys Angel 5/1 (Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd
DANDYS ANGEL done this thread a favour in July andim hoping that history repeats itself today , comes into this bang in form , in her last nine races she has only been out of the first three once - 3,1,3,2,1,1,4,1,3 and i can see no reason why she shouldnt go well again here today , especially as she seems to like it here at Beverley with a record of four wins and four places from twelve runs over CD. Trainer has just this one here and hes been in good form over the last 3 weeks with a 29% strike rate , and has a 27.3% strike rate when sending his runners here this season along with a tidy profit of +11.75. Jockey Brandon Wilkie takes off a handy 3lb and i think hes a decent jockey , definatley value for his claim , has ridden the horse 8 times with the end result being a win and three places , heres hoping thats its gonna be four wins from nine tomorrow.

8.15 Chelmsford - Finery 7/2 (Hills) :hissyfit
A few look as though they could take this seven runner handicap but im siding with last time out winner FINERY (who i shortlisted and mentioned but didnt back last month and she duly went in !) , who beat Nasim by a length and a half over tonights CD. The re opposing Last Hoorah was a further nose back in third and im hopeful that the selection has the measure of that one and can beat him again. She loves it here at Chelmsford with four wins and two places from six runs at the course (four wins and a place from five over CD) , does have a 4lb rise to contend with jockey claims 5lb so hopefully thats not gonna be too much of an issue. Jockey Erika Parkinson here for just this one , and she has seven wins and four places on the horse from her 20 rides and when coming here this season she has a 50% strike rate. Trainer Michael Appleby has a 17.4% strike rate here this term and when he and the jockey have partnered in the last three weeks they have a 50% strike rate. Cant see her being far away.

1.50 Sandown - Tough Enough 4/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
I'm liking the look of TOUGH ENOUGH for this , won over CD last time beating Street Kid by half a length , that was a decent run and given hes only had six runs to date i'd expect that theres further improvement in him. That win made it two from three this term , and to me everything looks right for a good run. Rossa Ryan has been in good form of late with a 22% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has ridden the horse on five of his six starts (the one he didnt ride in was the one where the horse was unplaced for the first and only time thus far in his career) , so two from two this season and i think theres every chance they make it three from three this afternoon. Done well when coming to Sandown this term with a 26.1% strike rate along with a profit of +14.62. Did catch my eye that trainer James Tate sends just this one to the meeting , he has a 23% strike rate in the past three weeks and he has a 33.3% strike rate here at Sandown this term.

5.27 Newton Abbot - Good Impression 10/1 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 10/1 - Karanelle 7/1 (365,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Open looking handicap hurdle where i like the look of a couple against the field , GOOD IMPRESSION is the first one , was a decent third at Uttoxeter last time , and gets in here off the same mark which to my way of thinking means he has to have a good chance here today. Has a win and a place from his two runs over CD , and ground , class , and mark all look good to me and im expecting a solid effort here. Trainer has a pair entered into this one and theyre his only runners on the card , been a bit quiet of late but does well when he sends them here with a 17.1% strike rate and a profit of +31.00 so anything he sends has to be considered imho. Jockey Ben Jones gets on well with the horse and hes here for just this one ride , four wins and two places from his six rides to date. KARANELLE is the other fancy , had been in decent enough from until last time out when she unseated her rider , that could of been a case of the race coming too soon as her last race was just two days prior to that one , like the other selection does well here at Newton Abbot with a CD record of a win and 4 places from 5 outings , was a sound third over CD on her penultimate run and she races of the same mark here today. One thing that caught my eye is that this is her second run after having wind surgery. The inform Sean Bowen in the hot seat and he has an 18% strike rate over the last 2 weeks , and has 2 wins and 5 places from his 17 rides on the horse. Trainer David Rees has only this one here and he has a 17.5% strike rate when sending them here. If on form i cant see her being far away come the business end.

Last edited:
Running Total - September

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Inclement Weather 3/1 Lost
Luna Magic 7/2 Lost (2nd)
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Spring Bloom 8/1 Lost (2nd)
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 5/1 Lost (2nd)
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost

Bets 15 .. Won 1 ... EP -4.00 / SP -4.00

Last edited:
Tuesday 5th September

6.15 Hamilton - Iris Dancer 4/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Like the look of IRIS DANCER for this one , been in decent form last couple of runs , third on penultimate run and then second last time out , both of those coming over todays track and trip. If in the same sort of mood then I think that she'll definatley be making her presence felt. Usually runs a solid race here at Hamilton , over CD she has three wins and four places from fifteen runs. Has been running in class 4's and i think its interesting that shes been dropped to a class 5 here today , the last time she competed in a class 5 she won and that was over this evenings CD. Trainer Tristan Davidson has just this one representing him here today and he has a 17.1% strike rate here over the last five years whilst Andrew Mullen gets the leg up on the mare and hes ridden the horse 11 times resulting in 2 wins and 4 places. Should be in the firing line.

5.05 Goodwood - Mister Bluebird 8/1 (Skybet,BFred)
MISTER BLUEBIRD comes into this on the back of a solid looking third at Newmarket last time out , when he went down by a length and a half to Silver Samurai. Still looks decently treated to me and if putting his best hoove forward then i think he can certainly give the principals something to think about here. One from one here at Goodwood , and has won and placed at the distance so that shouldnt be an issue. Going and draw both look okay to me. Billy Loughnane reunited with the horse and he claims a valuable 3lb , and he has a good record on the horse with a win and two places from his three rides to date , has a 33.3% strike rate when coming here this season and a profit of +6.25. Trainer Heather Main sends just this one to the meeting , and she has a 15% strike rate over the last three weeks , and like the jockey has a 33.3% strike rate at Goodwood this term , along with a +12.50 profit. Cant see him being far away come the business end of things at what i consider a decent price.

4.45 Bangor - Ragamuffin 4/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A few in this look as though they hold decent chances but im coming down on the side of top weight RAGAMUFFIN who ran his best race for a while when second to Sea The Clouds , beaten by a length and a quarter. Definatley holds fair claims if in the same sort of mood today imho. The fact that he has won off higher marks over fences didnt go un noticed , neither did the fact that with his jockeys claim he gets in here 5lb lower than his last run. Has been touting his trade in class three and four races but is dropped down to a class five this afternoon , and the last time he contested a class five was back in May 2022 which he won by nine lengths. Jockey Joe Anderson on board for the first time on whats his sole start of the day , and i think hes good value for his claim personally , been in decent form lately with a 40% strike rate over the last fortnight , whilst trainer Neil Mullholland has a 20% strike rate here at Bangor this season.

Last edited:
Tuesday 5th September

6.15 Hamilton - Iris Dancer 4/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 11/4
Like the look of IRIS DANCER for this one , been in decent form last couple of runs , third on penultimate run and then second last time out , both of those coming over todays track and trip. If in the same sort of mood then I think that she'll definatley be making her presence felt. Usually runs a solid race here at Hamilton , over CD she has three wins and four places from fifteen runs. Has been running in class 4's and i think its interesting that shes been dropped to a class 5 here today , the last time she competed in a class 5 she won and that was over this evenings CD. Trainer Tristan Davidson has just this one representing him here today and he has a 17.1% strike rate here over the last five years whilst Andrew Mullen gets the leg up on the mare and hes ridden the horse 11 times resulting in 2 wins and 4 places. Should be in the firing line.

5.05 Goodwood - Mister Bluebird 8/1 (Skybet,BFred) :hissyfit
MISTER BLUEBIRD comes into this on the back of a solid looking third at Newmarket last time out , when he went down by a length and a half to Silver Samurai. Still looks decently treated to me and if putting his best hoove forward then i think he can certainly give the principals something to think about here. One from one here at Goodwood , and has won and placed at the distance so that shouldnt be an issue. Going and draw both look okay to me. Billy Loughnane reunited with the horse and he claims a valuable 3lb , and he has a good record on the horse with a win and two places from his three rides to date , has a 33.3% strike rate when coming here this season and a profit of +6.25. Trainer Heather Main sends just this one to the meeting , and she has a 15% strike rate over the last three weeks , and like the jockey has a 33.3% strike rate at Goodwood this term , along with a +12.50 profit. Cant see him being far away come the business end of things at what i consider a decent price.

4.45 Bangor - Ragamuffin 4/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) Non Runner
A few in this look as though they hold decent chances but im coming down on the side of top weight RAGAMUFFIN who ran his best race for a while when second to Sea The Clouds , beaten by a length and a quarter. Definatley holds fair claims if in the same sort of mood today imho. The fact that he has won off higher marks over fences didnt go un noticed , neither did the fact that with his jockeys claim he gets in here 5lb lower than his last run. Has been touting his trade in class three and four races but is dropped down to a class five this afternoon , and the last time he contested a class five was back in May 2022 which he won by nine lengths. Jockey Joe Anderson on board for the first time on whats his sole start of the day , and i think hes good value for his claim personally , been in decent form lately with a 40% strike rate over the last fortnight , whilst trainer Neil Mullholland has a 20% strike rate here at Bangor this season.

Last edited:

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 :thumb 1st 11/4
Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Ragamuffin 4/1 Non Runner

Bets 17 .. Won 2 ... EP -1.00 / SP -2.25

Last edited:
Friday 8th September

3.20 Newcastle - Rockin Rosa 12/1 (365,Hills,SkyBet,BFred) - Sidneys Son 5/1 (365,Hills,Skybet,BFred)
Theres a couple in this one that i think can go well , first one of those is the bottom weight ROCKIN ROSA who arrives on the back of a length win over CD last time out , that was her first career win and i think now she has that under her belt its entirely possible that she can go well again here today and give the principals something to think about. Up in class but has run well in this grade placing a couple of times (penultimate run over CD) and whilst this looks a stronger race i'm fairly confident she can hold her own. Done well in her two runs to date over CD winning once and placing in the other , second on her penultimate run when done by 1/2 length. Trainer Ruth Carr sends just this one to the meeting which i take note off , and she has a 16% strike rate here at Newcastle this season , whilst JP Sullivan also here for just this one as well , has won and placed on the horse. Cant see her being far away at a nice price. SIDNEYS SON is my other selection , another one whose coming into this on the back of a win , beat Back Tomorrow by 1/2 length at Carlisle over 6f , and done it rather nicely if i do say so myself. Only three so theres possibly more to come , has been in solid form all season despite last time out being his first win - 2,2,4,2,6,2,1 .. and i really cant see why he shouldnt go well again here this afternoon. Hasnt won over todays trip but has run well over it before , coming second by 3/4 length on his penultimate run. Has placed on both runs here at Newcastle , one of those over CD. As i've said before Nigel Tinklers a trainer i rate and he sends just this one to the course today , has a 10.7% strike rate here this season along with a small profit of +7.33. Faye McManoman in the hot seat and she has a good rapport with the horse from what i can see with a win and two places from four rides. When she and the trainer have paired up over the last three weeks they have a 20% strike rate. Should be in the mix i think.

6.10 Newcastle - Global Tycoon 5/2 (365)
GLOBAL TYCOON catches my eye in this , been in decent form lately and made a respectable debut for his new yard when third of twelve last time out at Windsor. Gets in here off the same mark as that run which would have to give him a solid chance here imho , and todays mark is below his last winning mark so thats another plus in my book. Was a decent third here on his penultimate run which was his first run here at Newcastle and for me everything looks good for another decent effort. Joseph Parr isnt having a bad season and he sends two runners to this meeting , both in this race , has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks whilst jockey Harry Burns claims a handy 3lb , and is also here for just this one , has ridden the horse twice placing both times , and has a 15% strike rate when riding here overall. Shouldnt be far away.

Last edited:
Friday 8th September

3.20 Newcastle - Rockin Rosa 12/1 (365,Hills,SkyBet,BFred) :hissyfit- Sidneys Son 5/1 (365,Hills,Skybet,BFred) :hissyfit
Theres a couple in this one that i think can go well , first one of those is the bottom weight ROCKIN ROSA who arrives on the back of a length win over CD last time out , that was her first career win and i think now she has that under her belt its entirely possible that she can go well again here today and give the principals something to think about. Up in class but has run well in this grade placing a couple of times (penultimate run over CD) and whilst this looks a stronger race i'm fairly confident she can hold her own. Done well in her two runs to date over CD winning once and placing in the other , second on her penultimate run when done by 1/2 length. Trainer Ruth Carr sends just this one to the meeting which i take note off , and she has a 16% strike rate here at Newcastle this season , whilst JP Sullivan also here for just this one as well , has won and placed on the horse. Cant see her being far away at a nice price. SIDNEYS SON is my other selection , another one whose coming into this on the back of a win , beat Back Tomorrow by 1/2 length at Carlisle over 6f , and done it rather nicely if i do say so myself. Only three so theres possibly more to come , has been in solid form all season despite last time out being his first win - 2,2,4,2,6,2,1 .. and i really cant see why he shouldnt go well again here this afternoon. Hasnt won over todays trip but has run well over it before , coming second by 3/4 length on his penultimate run. Has placed on both runs here at Newcastle , one of those over CD. As i've said before Nigel Tinklers a trainer i rate and he sends just this one to the course today , has a 10.7% strike rate here this season along with a small profit of +7.33. Faye McManoman in the hot seat and she has a good rapport with the horse from what i can see with a win and two places from four rides. When she and the trainer have paired up over the last three weeks they have a 20% strike rate. Should be in the mix i think.

6.10 Newcastle - Global Tycoon 5/2 (365) :hissyfit 3rd
GLOBAL TYCOON catches my eye in this , been in decent form lately and made a respectable debut for his new yard when third of twelve last time out at Windsor. Gets in here off the same mark as that run which would have to give him a solid chance here imho , and todays mark is below his last winning mark so thats another plus in my book. Was a decent third here on his penultimate run which was his first run here at Newcastle and for me everything looks good for another decent effort. Joseph Parr isnt having a bad season and he sends two runners to this meeting , both in this race , has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks whilst jockey Harry Burns claims a handy 3lb , and is also here for just this one , has ridden the horse twice placing both times , and has a 15% strike rate when riding here overall. Shouldnt be far away.

Last edited:

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 :thumb 1st 11/4
Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Sidneys Son 5/1 Lost
Rockin Rosa 12/1 Lost
Global Tycoon 5/2 Lost (3rd)

Bets 20 .. Won 2 ... EP -4.00 / SP -5.25

Last edited:
Saturday 9th September

5.25 Wolverhampton - Prince Ali 5/2 (365,Hills,BFred) - Snooze Lane 4/1 (365)
A couple in this one for me , first one is PRINCE ALI , who comes into this in decent enough form , has been the bridesmaid on last two runs , both over todays CD and very unlucky in both of them , beaten a neck on penultimate start and then by a short head last time out , has cheekpieces back on this evening and im hoping for another solid run. Hasnt won here at Wolverhampton but has placed in all three starts over CD , and im thinking that surely his time is going to come sooner rather than later. Trainer Deborah Faulkner sends just this one here whilst 7lb claimer Archie Young gets the leg up for the first time. Shouldnt be far away. SNOOZE LANE is the other one i like the look of , has been holding his form reasonably well this year and was a fair fourth last time out over todays CD. Both his career wins have come here at Wolverhampton and over todays trip , his record over CD reads 2 wins and 2 places from 9 runs. The form of that last time out race seems to be working out well with the winner coming third in a better race next time out , and the second , third and fifth all went in on their next run. Sarah Hollinshead has just this one here today and she has a 33% strike rate over the past fortnight , whilst 3lb claimer Morgan Cole is in the hot seat for the first time and he has a 15.4% strike rate when riding here this term. In the mix.

2.10 Kempton - First View 5/1 (Coral)
FIRST VIEW won this last year off 2lb lower so for me has to hold a decent chance of retaining his crown here this afternoon. Had been in the doldrums a bit but looked as though he was coming back to form when a 1/2 length second to the re opposing Baltimore Boy , i think he can turn the tables with that one here today and give everyone something to think about. Hasnt run a bad race here at Kempton with three wins and two places from his five runs over todays CD. All the boxes have ticks in the right boxes for me and i think a big run is on the cards here. You cant discount a Saaeed Bin Suroor / Godolphin horse here at Kempton , and the fact that he sends just this one here today leads me to believe that they're expecting a solid run as well , trainer has a 24.5% strike rate over the last five years. Christian Howarth claims a handy 5lb and has two wins and two places from his four rides on the horse to date. Cant see him being far away.

4.35 Kempton - Satin Snake 8/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Brasil Power 5/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A few of these look as though they could go close in this but i'm siding with two who i think can go well , SATIN SNAKE whose done this thread a favour or two in the past is the first selection , comes into this on the back of a neck second at Ripon , that was his best effort for a while and if coming into this in the same sort of form then he shouldnt be far away. Does well over this afternoons CD with three wins and four places from eight runs , so definatley as a liking for it round here. Adrian Paul Keatley has just this one here and he has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 17% strike rate at Kempton overall. Jockey Benoit DL Sayette is one i rate , been in decent form lately with a 12% strike rate in the last coupla weeks and has a 29% strike rate when coming to ride at Kempton overall. My other selection is top weight BRASIL POWER who to be fair hasnt ran that well since winning back in May , but is now back down to that mark and im hoping that can help his cause here. Doesnt look the best drawn either if im being honest but its doable so im just keeping my fingers crossed on that one. Caught my eye that the trainer has gone for a first time visor which may well aid his chances here. One from one over CD , has two wins and a place from four runs form this mark and hasnt been unplaced as yet in a class five , one win and one place from two runs. Only runner for George Boughey here this afternoon , has a 17% strike rate in the last 21 days and knows how to ready one , Callum Shepherd gets the ride for the first time , and hes in good form at the moment with an 18% strike rate over the last 3 weeks. Wont go down without giving it a good go.

3.50 Thirsk - Reputation 9/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
Going with REPUTATION in this , had a decent year in 2022 after going to Ruth Carrs' yard - 8,2,11,2,3,3,3,3,1 and made a pleasing enough comeback after 347 days off when fifth of eleven last time out at Beverley. Should strip fitter for that outing and im hoping that he put his best hoove forward here this afternoon. Won this race last year and has a win and a place from his two runs over CD. Has won off higher than todays mark , and everything has ticks in the right boxes for me. Trainer has just this one representing the yard here today , has a 10% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 13.6% strike rate here at Thirsk this season. James Sullivan in the plate and he has a win and three places from his thirteen rides on the horse to date. If the cobwebs have been blown away then i think he'll be making his presence felt.

Last edited:
Saturday 9th September

5.25 Wolverhampton - Prince Ali 5/2 (365,Hills,BFred) :thumb 1st 5/2 - Snooze Lane 4/1 (365) :hissyfit
A couple in this one for me , first one is PRINCE ALI , who comes into this in decent enough form , has been the bridesmaid on last two runs , both over todays CD and very unlucky in both of them , beaten a neck on penultimate start and then by a short head last time out , has cheekpieces back on this evening and im hoping for another solid run. Hasnt won here at Wolverhampton but has placed in all three starts over CD , and im thinking that surely his time is going to come sooner rather than later. Trainer Deborah Faulkner sends just this one here whilst 7lb claimer Archie Young gets the leg up for the first time. Shouldnt be far away. SNOOZE LANE is the other one i like the look of , has been holding his form reasonably well this year and was a fair fourth last time out over todays CD. Both his career wins have come here at Wolverhampton and over todays trip , his record over CD reads 2 wins and 2 places from 9 runs. The form of that last time out race seems to be working out well with the winner coming third in a better race next time out , and the second , third and fifth all went in on their next run. Sarah Hollinshead has just this one here today and she has a 33% strike rate over the past fortnight , whilst 3lb claimer Morgan Cole is in the hot seat for the first time and he has a 15.4% strike rate when riding here this term. In the mix.

2.10 Kempton - First View 5/1 (Coral) :hissyfit
FIRST VIEW won this last year off 2lb lower so for me has to hold a decent chance of retaining his crown here this afternoon. Had been in the doldrums a bit but looked as though he was coming back to form when a 1/2 length second to the re opposing Baltimore Boy , i think he can turn the tables with that one here today and give everyone something to think about. Hasnt run a bad race here at Kempton with three wins and two places from his five runs over todays CD. All the boxes have ticks in the right boxes for me and i think a big run is on the cards here. You cant discount a Saaeed Bin Suroor / Godolphin horse here at Kempton , and the fact that he sends just this one here today leads me to believe that they're expecting a solid run as well , trainer has a 24.5% strike rate over the last five years. Christian Howarth claims a handy 5lb and has two wins and two places from his four rides on the horse to date. Cant see him being far away.

4.35 Kempton - Satin Snake 8/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Brasil Power 5/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 11/1
A few of these look as though they could go close in this but i'm siding with two who i think can go well , SATIN SNAKE whose done this thread a favour or two in the past is the first selection , comes into this on the back of a neck second at Ripon , that was his best effort for a while and if coming into this in the same sort of form then he shouldnt be far away. Does well over this afternoons CD with three wins and four places from eight runs , so definatley as a liking for it round here. Adrian Paul Keatley has just this one here and he has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 17% strike rate at Kempton overall. Jockey Benoit DL Sayette is one i rate , been in decent form lately with a 12% strike rate in the last coupla weeks and has a 29% strike rate when coming to ride at Kempton overall. My other selection is top weight BRASIL POWER who to be fair hasnt ran that well since winning back in May , but is now back down to that mark and im hoping that can help his cause here. Doesnt look the best drawn either if im being honest but its doable so im just keeping my fingers crossed on that one. Caught my eye that the trainer has gone for a first time visor which may well aid his chances here. One from one over CD , has two wins and a place from four runs form this mark and hasnt been unplaced as yet in a class five , one win and one place from two runs. Only runner for George Boughey here this afternoon , has a 17% strike rate in the last 21 days and knows how to ready one , Callum Shepherd gets the ride for the first time , and hes in good form at the moment with an 18% strike rate over the last 3 weeks. Wont go down without giving it a good go.

3.50 Thirsk - Reputation 9/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Going with REPUTATION in this , had a decent year in 2022 after going to Ruth Carrs' yard - 8,2,11,2,3,3,3,3,1 and made a pleasing enough comeback after 347 days off when fifth of eleven last time out at Beverley. Should strip fitter for that outing and im hoping that he put his best hoove forward here this afternoon. Won this race last year and has a win and a place from his two runs over CD. Has won off higher than todays mark , and everything has ticks in the right boxes for me. Trainer has just this one representing the yard here today , has a 10% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 13.6% strike rate here at Thirsk this season. James Sullivan in the plate and he has a win and three places from his thirteen rides on the horse to date. If the cobwebs have been blown away then i think he'll be making his presence felt.

Last edited:

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/4

Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Sidneys Son 5/1 Lost
Rockin Rosa 12/1 Lost
Prince Ali 5/2 :thumb 1st 5/2
Snooze Lane 4/1 Lost
First View 5/1 Lost
Satin Snake 8/1 Lost
Brasil Power 5/1 :thumb 1st 11/1
Reputation 9/1 Lost

Bets 26 .. Won 4 ... EP -0.50 / SP +4.25

Last edited:
Tuesday 12th September

3.40 Catterick - Jamil 6/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) - Jamih 9/1 (365)
A couple of runners who represent the same trainer interest me in this one , first of those is JAMIL who comes into this in fine fettle it has to be said , his last seven races have produced figures of - 3,1,6,3,1,2,3 and his record here at Catterick over CD leads me to believe that another good run could well be on the cards this afternoon. Hasnt been unplaced in seven starts over todays track and trip with four wins and three places to his name and i'm hard pushed to try and find a reason as to why he shouldnt go well again. Last four runs have been over CD , and was a decent enough third last time out , beaten 2 1/2 lengths , the slight drop in class , from five to six , wont hurt his chances either imho. Has gone well on everything from good to heavy so the going shouldnt be an issue and draw looks okay to me. Cant see him being far away at a course he clearly loves. Trainer Tina Jackson sends just two here and both are entered in this race (other one being my other selection) , has a 17% strike rate over the last fortnight , and a 28.6% strike rate when sending her runners here this season. Mark Winn in the plate , and his 3lb claim wont go amiss , has ridden the horse three times before with two of those being winning rides. Having a bit of a lean spell at the moment but hes one of the better claimers imho and he does well when coming here to Catterick with a 28.6% strike rate this term and a small profit of +7.50. The other selection is JAMIH who also has a decent enough record here , albeit more of a place one than win , from six runs over todays CD he has one win and three places to his name so obvious he has a liking for it round here. Only managed 5th last time , here at Catterick , but that was over 1m6f and i have a feeling looking at his record to date that hes better at todays 1m4f. Another thing that is in his favour i think is the fact that he has the cheekpieces back on today. Like his stablemate shouldnt mind the going , and his draw look decent enough. Did catch my eye that hes won off a higher mark than todays which is another positive in my book and i think he can make his presence felt here this afternoon. Already mentioned about the trainer earlier in the write up , Ryan Sexton in the hot seat for the first time , and hes been good value for his 3lb claim , last couple of weeks hes notched up a 13% strike rate and overall hes racked up a healthy 16.2% strike rate at the course.

1.40 Leicester - Mr Zee 7/1 (365) - Haaf A Diamond 10/3 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
Aaand two for me in this one as well , we start with MR ZEE whose been in decent form since returning from a break back in April - 1,1,7,5,1 (all at Windsor) , beat Al Hagarh last time out in August , and that was a solid win , and despite being 4lbs higher here i think hes still in with a very good shout. From the five runs mentioned four of them have been over todays 1m2f and hes won three of them , and here at Leicester over this afternoons CD he has two wins and a place from his three runs. 1m2f seems to be his optimum trip with five wins and a place from nice runs , going , class and draw all seem fine so i think he can go well here. Michael Blake has a 17% strike rate over the last twenty one days and he has just this one here this afternoon where he enjoys a 21% strike rate overall , whilst Luke Catton who rode him to that last time out win (making it two wins from three rides) is also here for just this one ride , and has a 17% strike rate in the last couple of weeks. My other selection is bottom weight HAAF A DIAMOND , who arrives in decent form , last three runs - 1,2,3 .. those first two runs came here at Leicester over a mile , and though this is a step up into the unknown trip wise i think she'll handle it. Has won and placed from her two runs here , Trainer Kevin Frost has just this one runner here and whilst not being in the best of form at the moment hes been amongst the winners this season so i wouldnt discount him , Alec Voikhansky also here for the one ride (a win and two places from seven rides to date on the horse) and he does well here at Leicester with a 36.4% strike rate overall along with a profit of +44.50. If handling the extra distance i think she'll be in the firing line.

4.15 Catterick - Vadamiah 3/1 (Coral,Lads) - Murbih 13/2 (Hills)
Another race where im going to side with two against the field , first is top weight VADAMIAH who hasnt been in the best of form since returning from a lay off back in April , only managing 3 runs and 3 poor runs at that but she has now had wind surgery and this will be her second run since the op so hopefully that has the desired effect. But shes now off a lower mark and in a lower class so im hoping that she can put on a better show here today and i think the fact that she has turned up here where she has won three from five over CD , her only career wins , could prove to be a shrewd move on the part of the trainer. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has run well from it in the past so not too concerned about that tbh. Paul Midgely has a couple in the race (his only runners at the meeting , Birkenhead being the other and not without hope id say) , has a 14.9% strike rate when sending his runners here over the last five years , and despite not firing in the winners lately hes a trainer you can never wholly discount. Jockey Graham Lee in the saddle and hes 0-3 to date on the horse which isnt great but hopefully he can make it 1 from 4 this afternoon. If at her best she shouldnt be far away. MURBIH is my other choice , who comes into this on the back of three solid runs - 3,2,2 , with the second coming over todays CD. If in the same sort of form then i honestly cant see him being far away today. Hasnt won here at Catterick but did place (penultimate run) over sole run over CD. Has yet to win on turf but given his current form you couldnt honestly dismiss his chances , gets in here on the same mark as his last four runs and hes gone well in all of them , and at the price i think hes well worth a pop. Only lost by a neck last time out at Wolverhampton at the weekend , so hopefully can go one better here. Anthony Brittain has just this one at the meeting and Cam Hardie on board , has won once and placed eleven times from 24 rides so knows the horse inside out , should be bang there.

Last edited:
Tuesday 12th September

3.40 Catterick - Jamil 6/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Jamih 9/1 (365) :hissyfit
A couple of runners who represent the same trainer interest me in this one , first of those is JAMIL who comes into this in fine fettle it has to be said , his last seven races have produced figures of - 3,1,6,3,1,2,3 and his record here at Catterick over CD leads me to believe that another good run could well be on the cards this afternoon. Hasnt been unplaced in seven starts over todays track and trip with four wins and three places to his name and i'm hard pushed to try and find a reason as to why he shouldnt go well again. Last four runs have been over CD , and was a decent enough third last time out , beaten 2 1/2 lengths , the slight drop in class , from five to six , wont hurt his chances either imho. Has gone well on everything from good to heavy so the going shouldnt be an issue and draw looks okay to me. Cant see him being far away at a course he clearly loves. Trainer Tina Jackson sends just two here and both are entered in this race (other one being my other selection) , has a 17% strike rate over the last fortnight , and a 28.6% strike rate when sending her runners here this season. Mark Winn in the plate , and his 3lb claim wont go amiss , has ridden the horse three times before with two of those being winning rides. Having a bit of a lean spell at the moment but hes one of the better claimers imho and he does well when coming here to Catterick with a 28.6% strike rate this term and a small profit of +7.50. The other selection is JAMIH who also has a decent enough record here , albeit more of a place one than win , from six runs over todays CD he has one win and three places to his name so obvious he has a liking for it round here. Only managed 5th last time , here at Catterick , but that was over 1m6f and i have a feeling looking at his record to date that hes better at todays 1m4f. Another thing that is in his favour i think is the fact that he has the cheekpieces back on today. Like his stablemate shouldnt mind the going , and his draw look decent enough. Did catch my eye that hes won off a higher mark than todays which is another positive in my book and i think he can make his presence felt here this afternoon. Already mentioned about the trainer earlier in the write up , Ryan Sexton in the hot seat for the first time , and hes been good value for his 3lb claim , last couple of weeks hes notched up a 13% strike rate and overall hes racked up a healthy 16.2% strike rate at the course.

1.40 Leicester - Mr Zee 7/1 (365) :hissyfit - Haaf A Diamond 10/3 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Aaand two for me in this one as well , we start with MR ZEE whose been in decent form since returning from a break back in April - 1,1,7,5,1 (all at Windsor) , beat Al Hagarh last time out in August , and that was a solid win , and despite being 4lbs higher here i think hes still in with a very good shout. From the five runs mentioned four of them have been over todays 1m2f and hes won three of them , and here at Leicester over this afternoons CD he has two wins and a place from his three runs. 1m2f seems to be his optimum trip with five wins and a place from nice runs , going , class and draw all seem fine so i think he can go well here. Michael Blake has a 17% strike rate over the last twenty one days and he has just this one here this afternoon where he enjoys a 21% strike rate overall , whilst Luke Catton who rode him to that last time out win (making it two wins from three rides) is also here for just this one ride , and has a 17% strike rate in the last couple of weeks. My other selection is bottom weight HAAF A DIAMOND , who arrives in decent form , last three runs - 1,2,3 .. those first two runs came here at Leicester over a mile , and though this is a step up into the unknown trip wise i think she'll handle it. Has won and placed from her two runs here , Trainer Kevin Frost has just this one runner here and whilst not being in the best of form at the moment hes been amongst the winners this season so i wouldnt discount him , Alec Voikhansky also here for the one ride (a win and two places from seven rides to date on the horse) and he does well here at Leicester with a 36.4% strike rate overall along with a profit of +44.50. If handling the extra distance i think she'll be in the firing line.

4.15 Catterick - Vadamiah 3/1 (Coral,Lads) Non Runner - Murbih 13/2 (Hills) :hissyfit
Another race where im going to side with two against the field , first is top weight VADAMIAH who hasnt been in the best of form since returning from a lay off back in April , only managing 3 runs and 3 poor runs at that but she has now had wind surgery and this will be her second run since the op so hopefully that has the desired effect. But shes now off a lower mark and in a lower class so im hoping that she can put on a better show here today and i think the fact that she has turned up here where she has won three from five over CD , her only career wins , could prove to be a shrewd move on the part of the trainer. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has run well from it in the past so not too concerned about that tbh. Paul Midgely has a couple in the race (his only runners at the meeting , Birkenhead being the other and not without hope id say) , has a 14.9% strike rate when sending his runners here over the last five years , and despite not firing in the winners lately hes a trainer you can never wholly discount. Jockey Graham Lee in the saddle and hes 0-3 to date on the horse which isnt great but hopefully he can make it 1 from 4 this afternoon. If at her best she shouldnt be far away. MURBIH is my other choice , who comes into this on the back of three solid runs - 3,2,2 , with the second coming over todays CD. If in the same sort of form then i honestly cant see him being far away today. Hasnt won here at Catterick but did place (penultimate run) over sole run over CD. Has yet to win on turf but given his current form you couldnt honestly dismiss his chances , gets in here on the same mark as his last four runs and hes gone well in all of them , and at the price i think hes well worth a pop. Only lost by a neck last time out at Wolverhampton at the weekend , so hopefully can go one better here. Anthony Brittain has just this one at the meeting and Cam Hardie on board , has won once and placed eleven times from 24 rides so knows the horse inside out , should be bang there.

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/4

Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Sidneys Son 5/1 Lost
Rockin Rosa 12/1 Lost
Prince Ali 5/2 :thumb 1st 5/2
Snooze Lane 4/1 Lost
First View 5/1 Lost
Satin Snake 8/1 Lost
Brasil Power 5/1 :thumb 1st 11/1
Reputation 9/1 Lost
Jamil 6/1 Lost
Jamih 9/1 Lost
Mr Zee 7/1 Lost
Haaf A Diamond 10/3 Lost
Vadamiah 3/1 Non Runner
Murbih 13/2 Lost

Bets 31 .. Won 4 ... EP -5.50 / SP -0.75

Wednesday 13th September

8.15 Southwell - Angle Land 6/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Gotta be honest and say im not really into this racing league thing , and try and avoid having a punt on anything running in them but have to admit that ANGLE LAND did catch my attention , her last win came back in May at Goodwood when she beat Lihou by a length and a quarter , but since then she has been in the doldrums somewhat but last time out looked as though she was coming back to form with a solid second to Lihou at Goodwood , and im hoping that shes gonna come into this in the same sort of form. Gets in here on the same mark as her last aforementioned win at Goodwood , and the fact she has a good record here at Shuvvel didnt go un noticed , a win and three places from five outings, Trainer Robert Cowell has two entered into this race , his only runners on the card , and he has a 10% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , though both of his runners look to hold chances the fact that he has Frankie Dettori booked for the selection did catch my eye , first time up on the horse and been amongst the winners lately with a 27.8% strike rate in the past month alongside a profit of +9.08 , and has a 50% strike rate here at Southwell since 2010. Should be in the thick of things.

5.10 Bath - Gone 7/2 (Hills)
Open looking handicap where GONE catches my eye , overall a very consistent filly whose efforts cant really be faulted in all honesty , since returning to action in April after 161 days off her figures read - 1,5,3,1,1,1,2,4,4,6,2,4,2 .. so for the most part shes been there or thereabouts in almost every run this year. And over todays trip her record this year reads - 5,1,1,2,4,2. A sound effort last time out at Ripon over todays trip where she was beaten half a length by Eastern Charm , that was a class 4 so im hoping that this slight drop in grade improves her chances , has won and placed in todays class. Shes due to go up in the weights so im thinking that maybe the trainer is angling to get another win out of her before she does. Runs off the same mark as she was on in her last race and though she hasnt won from a mark this high yet she has gone well so not unduly concerned i have to be honest. One from one over CD , that win came back in June when she slammed Oriental Dancer by 3 1/2 lengths , and the going shouldnt be a problem. Charlie Johnston sends just this one to the meeting which makes her the longest traveller of the day here at Bath , and its worth taking notice when he does send them here as this season he has a 37.5% strike rate at the course and a small profit of +2.71. Jockey Joe Fanning has two wins and three places from his seven rides to date aboard the filly , and this season has a 50% strike rate when coming to Bath. Cant see her being far away come the business end of things.

Last edited:
Back