• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Good luck Sean. I'm missing the racing a bit. Looking forward to starting back up in November again, evening racing on the all weather.

Cheers Punter :thumb I like the all weather as well , get some good priced winners ! At the mo i'd just like to come out ahead for the month lol

Wednesday 13th September

8.15 Southwell - Angle Land 6/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Gotta be honest and say im not really into this racing league thing , and try and avoid having a punt on anything running in them but have to admit that ANGLE LAND did catch my attention , her last win came back in May at Goodwood when she beat Lihou by a length and a quarter , but since then she has been in the doldrums somewhat but last time out looked as though she was coming back to form with a solid second to Lihou at Goodwood , and im hoping that shes gonna come into this in the same sort of form. Gets in here on the same mark as her last aforementioned win at Goodwood , and the fact she has a good record here at Shuvvel didnt go un noticed , a win and three places from five outings, Trainer Robert Cowell has two entered into this race , his only runners on the card , and he has a 10% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , though both of his runners look to hold chances the fact that he has Frankie Dettori booked for the selection did catch my eye , first time up on the horse and been amongst the winners lately with a 27.8% strike rate in the past month alongside a profit of +9.08 , and has a 50% strike rate here at Southwell since 2010. Should be in the thick of things.

5.10 Bath - Gone 7/2 (Hills) :hissyfit 2nd
Open looking handicap where GONE catches my eye , overall a very consistent filly whose efforts cant really be faulted in all honesty , since returning to action in April after 161 days off her figures read - 1,5,3,1,1,1,2,4,4,6,2,4,2 .. so for the most part shes been there or thereabouts in almost every run this year. And over todays trip her record this year reads - 5,1,1,2,4,2. A sound effort last time out at Ripon over todays trip where she was beaten half a length by Eastern Charm , that was a class 4 so im hoping that this slight drop in grade improves her chances , has won and placed in todays class. Shes due to go up in the weights so im thinking that maybe the trainer is angling to get another win out of her before she does. Runs off the same mark as she was on in her last race and though she hasnt won from a mark this high yet she has gone well so not unduly concerned i have to be honest. One from one over CD , that win came back in June when she slammed Oriental Dancer by 3 1/2 lengths , and the going shouldnt be a problem. Charlie Johnston sends just this one to the meeting which makes her the longest traveller of the day here at Bath , and its worth taking notice when he does send them here as this season he has a 37.5% strike rate at the course and a small profit of +2.71. Jockey Joe Fanning has two wins and three places from his seven rides to date aboard the filly , and this season has a 50% strike rate when coming to Bath. Cant see her being far away come the business end of things.

Running Total - September

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Inclement Weather 3/1 Lost
Luna Magic 7/2 Lost (2nd)
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Spring Bloom 8/1 Lost (2nd)
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 5/1 Lost (2nd)
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/4

Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Ragamuffin 4/1 Non Runner
Sidneys Son 5/1 Lost
Rockin Rosa 12/1 Lost
Global Tycoon 5/2 Lost (3rd)
Prince Ali 5/2 :thumb 1st 5/2
Snooze Lane 4/1 Lost
First View 5/1 Lost
Satin Snake 8/1 Lost
Brasil Power 5/1 :thumb 1st 11/1
Reputation 9/1 Lost
Jamil 6/1 Lost
Jamih 9/1 Lost
Mr Zee 7/1 Lost
Haaf A Diamond 10/3 Lost
Vadamiah 3/1 Non Runner
Murbih 13/2 Lost
Gone 7/2 Lost (2nd)
Angle Land 6/1 ..

Bets 31 .. Won 4 ... EP -5.50 / SP -0.75 update after races

Thursday 14th September

1.15 Doncaster - Temple Bruer 7/1 (365) - Alpha Capture 9/1 (365)
Wide open looking apprentice handicap where a wholse host of the runners look to stand a decent chance but theres two in particular for me who i think could go close in this , first one is TEMPLE BRUER who won this race last year under todays jockey , and though he doesnt look to be in the same sort of form as last year coming into the race i think he stands a good chance of a repeat given the fact that hes never been unplaced here at Doncaster over this afternoons CD , three wins and a third from his four outings. Has performed decently in his last two runs with a sixth of seventeen at York last time out and a fourth of eighteen in the Great St Willfred at Ripon on his penultimate start , both of those were class two races and he acquiited himself well , so this drop to a class four should technically be much calmer waters and i think he can go close in retaining his crown. Hasnt won off a mark this high before but has gone well off higher (last two runs) and his last win came off a mark of 82 so i dont think that will prove too much of a hinderance. Mike Murphy / Mike Keady have two in the race who are their only runners at todays meeting , the other one being Antiphon who i wouldnt dismiss tbh , have a 16.7% strike rate when coming here this season and a small profit of +3.50 , whilst Taylor Fisher (one of my favourite apprentices as ive said many a time) is also here for just this one ride , has won and placed on the horse from his two rides to date , has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and has a 50% strike rate here overall. ALPHA CAPTURE is the other one whose chances i like the look of , hasnt been at his best at all so far this year since coming back from a break but hes a Haggas inmate and as such you have to respect their chances imho and as a three year old theres still room for improvement i think , and if recapturing his juvenile form then that would put him squarely in the picture here i think , has been running in better grade races than todays and the hadicapper looks to have given him a chance as well so i would expect / hope for a solid run here. Willie Haggas has a 26% strike rate in the past three weeks , and has a 19% strike rate when sending them here overall. Jack Enright in the saddle for the first time , and ive gotta be honest and say i really dont know too much about the fella but if hes good enough for the trainer then hes good enough for me ! Shouldnt be far away if anywhere near his best.

5.20 Doncaster - Nellie Leylax 9/4 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
I really like the look of the progressive looking top weight NELLIE LEYLAX in this , has won three of his five starts to date , comes into this on the hunt for a three timer having won Haydock last time out and on his penultimate start won over todays CD by beating Daymar Bay by 3 1/4 lengths. One of the main things I noticed is the fact that all those wins have come on soft and heavy (the two losses on good and GF) and as the going is currently soft at Doncaster i'm hoping that will play to his obvious liking for the ground conditions and he can achieve the three timer and win number four. Trainer Tom Dascombe has just this one at the races today , and he has a 40% strike rate here this season , whilst jockey Pierre Louis Jamin is also here for just this one ride , three from three to date , and he has a 17% strike rate overall here. If the ground stays on the easy side the selection has to hold a major chance.

7.30 Chelmsford - Open Mind 5/1 (365) - Clipsham La Habana 8/1 (Coral,BFred,Lads)
A few of these look to have solid credentials if im being honest but im going to side with two against the field , the first one of those is OPEN MIND who hasnt exactly set the world alight since returning from Meydan where he won and came second in his two races , in his four races since May hes only been in the frame once and that was when he ran here at Chelmsford over 7f. And he does seem to like it here with two wins from three runs over this evenings CD , and two wins and a place from four runs at the course overall so obviously has a liking for it round here and im hoping that a return here will bring about a better showing. Aside from the Chelmsford run this season (which was a class 3) hes been contesting class 2's so again im hoping that these calmer waters can help him show his true colours. Hes also been running over 7f , and though he has won over that distance i think this drop back to 6f will play to his strengths. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has gone close off slightly higher so i dont really have worries on that score. Saeed Bin Suroor has just this one here tonight and you have to respect anything Godolphin run really , specially on the AW it seems , has a 30% strike rate here this term , and 27% overall whilst Rowan Scott is in the hotseat for the first time , not doing too well at the moment but i trust the trainers judgement and your lucks gotta change sooner or later (he says , thinking of this bloody thread lol) , shouldnt be far away. CLIPSHAM LA HABANA is the other selection , has yet to run a bad race on the all weather (from five runs , two wins , two seconds and a third) so i think its probably safe to ignore his recent outings on the turf , especially his last one which was over 5f , his best runs have come over todays 6f and now hes returned to that distance , and on the all weather , i think a better run could well be on the cards. Placed on sole start over todays CD , im fairly sure he can make his presence felt. Kevin Philipart De Foy sends just this one to the meeting and he has a 20% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a decent enough 14.2% strike rate when sending his runners here over the past five years. Benoit De La Sayette is a jockey i rate and he has two places from his two outings on the horse to date , has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 16% strike rate overall when coming here to Chelmsford. When the trainer and jockey have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 22% strike rate.

4.55 Chelmsford - Bungle Bay 5/1 (365,Hills,Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Starjik 10/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Yet another race where im gonna be double handed , BUNGLE BAY comes into this in fine form , has been there or thereabouts on all six starts since returning taking a short break back in May of this year - 4,3,2,1,2,4 and i cant see any reason why he cant go well again today, decent enough fourth of nine last time out at Bath , and was a good second to the re opposing Mostallim on his penultimate run , over CD , was beaten 4 1/2 lengths that day but im hopeful that he can turn that form around. That run was his only start over CD , draw , mark and class all look to be okay to me and hes now down to his last winning mark , i think he'll be making his presence felt when it matters. Trainer has a 25% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and a 20% strike rate when bringing his runners here this term , whilst Joe Leavy comes here for just this one ride , takes off a valuable 7lb and hes ridden the horse on his last five starts so knows the horse well enough and has an 11% strike rate over the past fortnight. STARJIK is the other one i like at what i consider a decent price , hasnt won for a while but has shown signs of a bit of a revival since joining Ewan Whillans yard three runs ago , since then hes had a second and a third from his three outings. Threw a wobbler in between runs when he was plum last (13/13) at Newcastle but i think the trainer is still sussing him out and those two runs i mentioned have shown an improvement in form and i think he could go one better than his last time out second , which came over todays CD. Yet to run a bad race here , over CD hes run three times resulting in a win and two places. As with the other selection the draw , mark and class all have ticks in the right boxes and i think he can go well at a nice price. Trainer has just this one here and though he hasnt been amongst the winners of late i dont think you could write the horses chances off just yet , Aiden Brookes in the saddle for the first time , and his 3lb claim wont go amiss it has to be said , has a 33.3% strike rate at the course this season along with a nice profit of +26.00.

Last edited:
Thursday 14th September

1.15 Doncaster - Temple Bruer 7/1 (365) :hissyfit- Alpha Capture 9/1 (365) :hissyfit
Wide open looking apprentice handicap where a wholse host of the runners look to stand a decent chance but theres two in particular for me who i think could go close in this , first one is TEMPLE BRUER who won this race last year under todays jockey , and though he doesnt look to be in the same sort of form as last year coming into the race i think he stands a good chance of a repeat given the fact that hes never been unplaced here at Doncaster over this afternoons CD , three wins and a third from his four outings. Has performed decently in his last two runs with a sixth of seventeen at York last time out and a fourth of eighteen in the Great St Willfred at Ripon on his penultimate start , both of those were class two races and he acquiited himself well , so this drop to a class four should technically be much calmer waters and i think he can go close in retaining his crown. Hasnt won off a mark this high before but has gone well off higher (last two runs) and his last win came off a mark of 82 so i dont think that will prove too much of a hinderance. Mike Murphy / Mike Keady have two in the race who are their only runners at todays meeting , the other one being Antiphon who i wouldnt dismiss tbh , have a 16.7% strike rate when coming here this season and a small profit of +3.50 , whilst Taylor Fisher (one of my favourite apprentices as ive said many a time) is also here for just this one ride , has won and placed on the horse from his two rides to date , has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and has a 50% strike rate here overall. ALPHA CAPTURE is the other one whose chances i like the look of , hasnt been at his best at all so far this year since coming back from a break but hes a Haggas inmate and as such you have to respect their chances imho and as a three year old theres still room for improvement i think , and if recapturing his juvenile form then that would put him squarely in the picture here i think , has been running in better grade races than todays and the hadicapper looks to have given him a chance as well so i would expect / hope for a solid run here. Willie Haggas has a 26% strike rate in the past three weeks , and has a 19% strike rate when sending them here overall. Jack Enright in the saddle for the first time , and ive gotta be honest and say i really dont know too much about the fella but if hes good enough for the trainer then hes good enough for me ! Shouldnt be far away if anywhere near his best.

5.20 Doncaster - Nellie Leylax 9/4 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
I really like the look of the progressive looking top weight NELLIE LEYLAX in this , has won three of his five starts to date , comes into this on the hunt for a three timer having won Haydock last time out and on his penultimate start won over todays CD by beating Daymar Bay by 3 1/4 lengths. One of the main things I noticed is the fact that all those wins have come on soft and heavy (the two losses on good and GF) and as the going is currently soft at Doncaster i'm hoping that will play to his obvious liking for the ground conditions and he can achieve the three timer and win number four. Trainer Tom Dascombe has just this one at the races today , and he has a 40% strike rate here this season , whilst jockey Pierre Louis Jamin is also here for just this one ride , three from three to date , and he has a 17% strike rate overall here. If the ground stays on the easy side the selection has to hold a major chance.

7.30 Chelmsford - Open Mind 5/1 (365) :hissyfit - Clipsham La Habana 8/1 (Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
A few of these look to have solid credentials if im being honest but im going to side with two against the field , the first one of those is OPEN MIND who hasnt exactly set the world alight since returning from Meydan where he won and came second in his two races , in his four races since May hes only been in the frame once and that was when he ran here at Chelmsford over 7f. And he does seem to like it here with two wins from three runs over this evenings CD , and two wins and a place from four runs at the course overall so obviously has a liking for it round here and im hoping that a return here will bring about a better showing. Aside from the Chelmsford run this season (which was a class 3) hes been contesting class 2's so again im hoping that these calmer waters can help him show his true colours. Hes also been running over 7f , and though he has won over that distance i think this drop back to 6f will play to his strengths. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has gone close off slightly higher so i dont really have worries on that score. Saeed Bin Suroor has just this one here tonight and you have to respect anything Godolphin run really , specially on the AW it seems , has a 30% strike rate here this term , and 27% overall whilst Rowan Scott is in the hotseat for the first time , not doing too well at the moment but i trust the trainers judgement and your lucks gotta change sooner or later (he says , thinking of this bloody thread lol) , shouldnt be far away. CLIPSHAM LA HABANA is the other selection , has yet to run a bad race on the all weather (from five runs , two wins , two seconds and a third) so i think its probably safe to ignore his recent outings on the turf , especially his last one which was over 5f , his best runs have come over todays 6f and now hes returned to that distance , and on the all weather , i think a better run could well be on the cards. Placed on sole start over todays CD , im fairly sure he can make his presence felt. Kevin Philipart De Foy sends just this one to the meeting and he has a 20% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a decent enough 14.2% strike rate when sending his runners here over the past five years. Benoit De La Sayette is a jockey i rate and he has two places from his two outings on the horse to date , has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 16% strike rate overall when coming here to Chelmsford. When the trainer and jockey have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 22% strike rate.

4.55 Chelmsford - Bungle Bay 5/1 (365,Hills,Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) Non Runner - Starjik 10/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Yet another race where im gonna be double handed , BUNGLE BAY comes into this in fine form , has been there or thereabouts on all six starts since returning taking a short break back in May of this year - 4,3,2,1,2,4 and i cant see any reason why he cant go well again today, decent enough fourth of nine last time out at Bath , and was a good second to the re opposing Mostallim on his penultimate run , over CD , was beaten 4 1/2 lengths that day but im hopeful that he can turn that form around. That run was his only start over CD , draw , mark and class all look to be okay to me and hes now down to his last winning mark , i think he'll be making his presence felt when it matters. Trainer has a 25% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and a 20% strike rate when bringing his runners here this term , whilst Joe Leavy comes here for just this one ride , takes off a valuable 7lb and hes ridden the horse on his last five starts so knows the horse well enough and has an 11% strike rate over the past fortnight. STARJIK is the other one i like at what i consider a decent price , hasnt won for a while but has shown signs of a bit of a revival since joining Ewan Whillans yard three runs ago , since then hes had a second and a third from his three outings. Threw a wobbler in between runs when he was plum last (13/13) at Newcastle but i think the trainer is still sussing him out and those two runs i mentioned have shown an improvement in form and i think he could go one better than his last time out second , which came over todays CD. Yet to run a bad race here , over CD hes run three times resulting in a win and two places. As with the other selection the draw , mark and class all have ticks in the right boxes and i think he can go well at a nice price. Trainer has just this one here and though he hasnt been amongst the winners of late i dont think you could write the horses chances off just yet , Aiden Brookes in the saddle for the first time , and his 3lb claim wont go amiss it has to be said , has a 33.3% strike rate at the course this season along with a nice profit of +26.00.

Last edited:

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/4

Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Sidneys Son 5/1 Lost
Rockin Rosa 12/1 Lost
Prince Ali 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Snooze Lane 4/1 Lost
First View 5/1 Lost
Satin Snake 8/1 Lost
Brasil Power 5/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/1

Reputation 9/1 Lost
Jamil 6/1 Lost
Jamih 9/1 Lost
Mr Zee 7/1 Lost
Haaf A Diamond 10/3 Lost
Vadamiah 3/1 Non Runner
Murbih 13/2 Lost
Gone 7/2 Lost (2nd)
Angle Land 6/1 Lost
Temple Bruer 7/1 Lost
Alpha Capture 9/1 Lost
Nellie Laylax 9/4 Lost
Open Mind 5/1 Lost
Clipsham La Habana 8/1 Lost
Bungle Bay 5/1 Non Runner
Starjik 10/1 Lost

Bets 39 .. Won 4 ... EP -13.50 / SP -8.75

Last edited:
Saturday 16th September

2.05 Chester - Alba Longa 33/1 (365,Coral,Lads)
Going with the outsider of the field here ALBA LONGA , a typical bit of Sean contrary thinking here !! Trainer sends two to the meeting , both in this race with Bluestocking being the other one and currently the odds on favourite , but i'm thinking that maybe the trainer knows something about his other runner that we dont .. anyways has been in cracking form this year with figures of - 1,3,1 from her three runs to date. That last win came over todays CD (making her one from one here) where she won by a comfortable two and three quarter lengths , has yet to encounter a race like this having contested class 4 and 5s to date , but i honestly cant see the shrewd Ralph Beckett entering her in a race of this nature/class if he didnt think she stood a chance. Obviously would have to improve on what shes achieved so far but thats entirely possible given shes going the right way , is only three and has a good trainer. If the ground stays good/good-soft then i think she can go well here today. As i said trainer Ralph Beckett sends just two here this afternoon , both in this race , making them the longest travellers of the day here and he has a 22.6% strike rate over the last four weeks , does well when sending his runners to Chester with a 23.8% strike rate over the past five years. Jockey Ben Curtis gets the leg up for the first time , and he has been in tremendous form lately with a 29% strike rate over the last three weeks and like the trainer has a decent strike rate here at Chester over the last five years , 19.7%. I dunno i just have a feeling about this one and at the price i think shes worth a pop.

5.00 Chester - Divine Libra 7/2 (365)
A few of these look as though they could well but i'm going to side with joint top weight DIVINE LIBRA whose been in fine form of late , beaten half a length by the decent Silver Samurai last time out at Newmarket i think if he turns up in the same sort of mood then he can go very close. Before that he was a two length second in a class two at Newmarket and before that he won here over CD beating Henrys Halo by 3/4 length. Does have a 3lb rise to contend with but looking at his current form i dont think that will hold him back. One from one over CD , never been unplaced at the distance in three runs (a win and two places) , no concerns about the ground , and though he hasnt won/run in a class 3 yet he has gone close in a class 2 so that shouldnt pose too much of a problem hopefully. Charlie Hills has just this one here today , and if i remember rightly his dad used to do well at Chester , and he has a 16% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and this season he has a 25% strike rate when coming here along with a profit of +7.50. David Probert in the hot seat and he has a win and a place from his two rides to date , has an 11% strike rate in the last fortnight and when coming to Chester this season hes notched up a 16% strike rate as well as a profit of +9.75. Should be in the thick of things.

2.25 Doncaster - Tees Spirit 12/1 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) - Hurricane Ivor 20/1 (Coral,Lads)
As ever a wide open looking Portland handicap where you could make a case for at least half of the field , if not more , but ive plumped for a couple who i think can go well at decent enough prices. TEES SPIRIT is the first one , had a great 2022 with 5 wins on the board but has been a tad disappointing so far this term if im honest but showed signs that he may be coming back into some sort of form with a solid looking second at Haydock last time out , if arriving in the same kind of form then i think he could figure in this. Never been unplaced here with a win and three places from four runs , and two of those placers over this afternoons CD. Looks to me to have a decent draw , won over the distance , and in the class and has gone well on the ground in the past although wouldnt want any more significant rain i think , Adrian Nicholls has just this one here today , been chugging along nicely with an 11% strike rate over the last two weeks , and has a 15% strike rate here overall. Mia Nicholls in the saddle for the second time , she rode the horse to his last time second , and she has a 14% strike rate over the last couple of weeks. All things considered i think he could go close here. HURRICANE IVOR is my other selection , won this race in 2021 when he was with Willie Haggas , and the fact that his trainer sends just this one to the meeting from Ireland immediatley caught my eye. In his first couple of races for his new trainer he acquitted himself well (first and third) but since then he hasnt really shown much , but theres no denying the fact that Jessica Harrington is as shrewd as they come and the fact hes here could well be a pointer in itself. One from one over CD , theres ticks in all the right boxes , class , ground , distance , going and the fact that hes won off higher than this afternoons mark wont hurt his chances either. As i said trainer sends just this one here and she has a 10% strike rate in the last three weeks , whilst jockey Richard Kingscote gets the leg up , ridden him once before resulting in a short head second in a class 2 at Ascot back in 2021. Has a 15% strike rate in the last 21 days and he knows how to get one home. As i say i cant see the trainer sending him here if she didnt think he had a decent chance , and i'd like the horse to win for her after seeing that she was diagnosed with cancer. So heres to Hurricane !

1.40 Bath - Man Of The Sea 4/1 (365) - John Betjeman 15/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Another amateurs race ,,, yes i will learn my lesson eventually ! A few look as though they have chances but i think the two ive gone for can definatley be in the thick of things when it matters. First one is MAN OF THE SEA who arrives on the back of a second (of four) over in Jersey , that was his first spin on the flat for a while as hes been running over hurdles but looking at his last few flat races he has done well - 3,1,2,2 .. admittedly theyve been in Jersey but the figures themselves look fine , how they equate to the flat here i havent got a clue , at the weights though i'd say that he has been given a big chance by the handicapper here if he can capitalise on it. Placed on hos sole start here at Bath , and though he hasnt won at the distance (first attempt) i think it'll be fine considering he runs over further over hurdles and everything else looks dandy to me. Neil Mulholland been amongst the winners lately with a 25% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and the fact that hes booked top amateur Simon Walker on whats his only ride of the day could well be a statement of intent. First time up on the horse , has a 50% strike rate in the last three weeks , and i think he can go close here. JOHN BETJEMAN is the other one i like , has been in grand form , over hurdles and on the flat , since returning from a 58 day lay off in February - 3,1,2,3,2,2,2 and i can see no reason why he shouldnt go well again here today. Trainer Mark Gillard has just this one here today and jockey Freddie Gordon also here for this one as well , cant see him being far away when it matters.

Last edited:
Saturday 16th September

2.05 Chester - Alba Longa 33/1 (365,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit
Going with the outsider of the field here ALBA LONGA , a typical bit of Sean contrary thinking here !! Trainer sends two to the meeting , both in this race with Bluestocking being the other one and currently the odds on favourite , but i'm thinking that maybe the trainer knows something about his other runner that we dont .. anyways has been in cracking form this year with figures of - 1,3,1 from her three runs to date. That last win came over todays CD (making her one from one here) where she won by a comfortable two and three quarter lengths , has yet to encounter a race like this having contested class 4 and 5s to date , but i honestly cant see the shrewd Ralph Beckett entering her in a race of this nature/class if he didnt think she stood a chance. Obviously would have to improve on what shes achieved so far but thats entirely possible given shes going the right way , is only three and has a good trainer. If the ground stays good/good-soft then i think she can go well here today. As i said trainer Ralph Beckett sends just two here this afternoon , both in this race , making them the longest travellers of the day here and he has a 22.6% strike rate over the last four weeks , does well when sending his runners to Chester with a 23.8% strike rate over the past five years. Jockey Ben Curtis gets the leg up for the first time , and he has been in tremendous form lately with a 29% strike rate over the last three weeks and like the trainer has a decent strike rate here at Chester over the last five years , 19.7%. I dunno i just have a feeling about this one and at the price i think shes worth a pop.

5.00 Chester - Divine Libra 7/2 (365) :hissyfit
A few of these look as though they could well but i'm going to side with joint top weight DIVINE LIBRA whose been in fine form of late , beaten half a length by the decent Silver Samurai last time out at Newmarket i think if he turns up in the same sort of mood then he can go very close. Before that he was a two length second in a class two at Newmarket and before that he won here over CD beating Henrys Halo by 3/4 length. Does have a 3lb rise to contend with but looking at his current form i dont think that will hold him back. One from one over CD , never been unplaced at the distance in three runs (a win and two places) , no concerns about the ground , and though he hasnt won/run in a class 3 yet he has gone close in a class 2 so that shouldnt pose too much of a problem hopefully. Charlie Hills has just this one here today , and if i remember rightly his dad used to do well at Chester , and he has a 16% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and this season he has a 25% strike rate when coming here along with a profit of +7.50. David Probert in the hot seat and he has a win and a place from his two rides to date , has an 11% strike rate in the last fortnight and when coming to Chester this season hes notched up a 16% strike rate as well as a profit of +9.75. Should be in the thick of things.

2.25 Doncaster - Tees Spirit 12/1 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Hurricane Ivor 20/1 (Coral,Lads) :hissyfit
As ever a wide open looking Portland handicap where you could make a case for at least half of the field , if not more , but ive plumped for a couple who i think can go well at decent enough prices. TEES SPIRIT is the first one , had a great 2022 with 5 wins on the board but has been a tad disappointing so far this term if im honest but showed signs that he may be coming back into some sort of form with a solid looking second at Haydock last time out , if arriving in the same kind of form then i think he could figure in this. Never been unplaced here with a win and three places from four runs , and two of those placers over this afternoons CD. Looks to me to have a decent draw , won over the distance , and in the class and has gone well on the ground in the past although wouldnt want any more significant rain i think , Adrian Nicholls has just this one here today , been chugging along nicely with an 11% strike rate over the last two weeks , and has a 15% strike rate here overall. Mia Nicholls in the saddle for the second time , she rode the horse to his last time second , and she has a 14% strike rate over the last couple of weeks. All things considered i think he could go close here. HURRICANE IVOR is my other selection , won this race in 2021 when he was with Willie Haggas , and the fact that his trainer sends just this one to the meeting from Ireland immediatley caught my eye. In his first couple of races for his new trainer he acquitted himself well (first and third) but since then he hasnt really shown much , but theres no denying the fact that Jessica Harrington is as shrewd as they come and the fact hes here could well be a pointer in itself. One from one over CD , theres ticks in all the right boxes , class , ground , distance , going and the fact that hes won off higher than this afternoons mark wont hurt his chances either. As i said trainer sends just this one here and she has a 10% strike rate in the last three weeks , whilst jockey Richard Kingscote gets the leg up , ridden him once before resulting in a short head second in a class 2 at Ascot back in 2021. Has a 15% strike rate in the last 21 days and he knows how to get one home. As i say i cant see the trainer sending him here if she didnt think he had a decent chance , and i'd like the horse to win for her after seeing that she was diagnosed with cancer. So heres to Hurricane !

1.40 Bath - Man Of The Sea 4/1 (365) :hissyfit - John Betjeman 15/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Another amateurs race ,,, yes i will learn my lesson eventually ! A few look as though they have chances but i think the two ive gone for can definatley be in the thick of things when it matters. First one is MAN OF THE SEA who arrives on the back of a second (of four) over in Jersey , that was his first spin on the flat for a while as hes been running over hurdles but looking at his last few flat races he has done well - 3,1,2,2 .. admittedly theyve been in Jersey but the figures themselves look fine , how they equate to the flat here i havent got a clue , at the weights though i'd say that he has been given a big chance by the handicapper here if he can capitalise on it. Placed on hos sole start here at Bath , and though he hasnt won at the distance (first attempt) i think it'll be fine considering he runs over further over hurdles and everything else looks dandy to me. Neil Mulholland been amongst the winners lately with a 25% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and the fact that hes booked top amateur Simon Walker on whats his only ride of the day could well be a statement of intent. First time up on the horse , has a 50% strike rate in the last three weeks , and i think he can go close here. JOHN BETJEMAN is the other one i like , has been in grand form , over hurdles and on the flat , since returning from a 58 day lay off in February - 3,1,2,3,2,2,2 and i can see no reason why he shouldnt go well again here today. Trainer Mark Gillard has just this one here today and jockey Freddie Gordon also here for this one as well , cant see him being far away when it matters.

Last edited:

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/4

Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Sidneys Son 5/1 Lost
Rockin Rosa 12/1 Lost
Prince Ali 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Snooze Lane 4/1 Lost
First View 5/1 Lost
Satin Snake 8/1 Lost
Brasil Power 5/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/1

Reputation 9/1 Lost
Jamil 6/1 Lost
Jamih 9/1 Lost
Mr Zee 7/1 Lost
Haaf A Diamond 10/3 Lost
Vadamiah 3/1 Non Runner
Murbih 13/2 Lost
Gone 7/2 Lost (2nd)
Angle Land 6/1 Lost
Temple Bruer 7/1 Lost
Alpha Capture 9/1 Lost
Nellie Laylax 9/4 Lost
Open Mind 5/1 Lost
Starjik 10/1 Lost
Alba Longa 33/1 Lost
Divine Libra 7/2 Lost
Tees Spirit 12/1 Lost
Hurricane Ivor 20/1 Lost
Man Of The Sea 4/1 Lost
John Betjeman 15/2 Lost

Bets 45 .. Won 4 ... EP -19.50 / SP -14.75

Last edited:
Monday 18th September

8.30 Kempton - Largo Bay 14/1 (Hills)
Open looking handicap where im siding with LARGO BAY , theres others who come into this with more pressing claims in all honesty but theres a few things i like that make me think he has a decent chance at a decent price today. Firstly his record here at Kempton , where hes rarely run a bad race , from nine runs here hes won once and placed a further four times , bit off putting that he hasnt won over todays distance but has placed at it. Class and mark are all fine as far as im concerned , having won off much higher in the past , and the fact he ran a decent third last time out at Windsor shows he in decent enough form , and as i think hes better on the all weather im hoping that an equally good , or better , showing can see him bang there tonight. Also caught my eye that a first time visor replaces his usual cheekpieces so im hoping that sharpens him up and works the oracle here. Trainer Michael Madgewick has just this one here this evening , and jockey George Rooke also here for just this one , hasnt been in the best of form of late but does seem to get on well with the horse with five wins and five places from his twenty rides. Capable of getting involved.

3.05 Brighton - Habanero Star 8/1 (365,Hills,SkyBet)
HABANERO STAR did this thread a favour at a decent price a few month ago as i recall and im hoping that she can repeat the feat for us today , again at a nice price. Arrives on the back of a solid second to Eton Blue at Goodwood last month , and given her liking for it round here , a win and two places from four outings , and the drop in class i think its entirely possible that she can go one better. Has been in decent form this year , winning twice , and generally giving a good account of herself in defeat. Another thing that makes me think the trainer means business is that the cheekpieces have been re applied. Gay Kelleway sends just this one to the meeting which is duly noted , has a 14% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 14.8% strike rate at Brighton overall along with a small profit. Billy Loughnane in the plate and he has a 13% strike rate over the last fortnight , and a 12.5% strike rate when visiting the course this season. Has ridden the horse twice before with no luck , but hes a good jockey and i think his first win on her could well come this afternoon.

5.15 Thirsk - Victoria Falls 11/4 (365)
I think VICTORIA FALLS is the way to go in this one , won comfortably last time out when putting her rivals to the sword by 4 lengths at Newmarket back in August , her nearest rival Gone has gone close in two of her three races since so the form doesnt look to bad to me. The third home in that Newmarket race was a further 2 1/4 lengths behind , if she turns up in that sort of form i cant see her being beaten here if im being honest , despite the fact that shes gone up 8lb. Jockey Conor Planas helps relieve the burden by taking off 3lb , and its his first time up on her , has a 16% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst trainer Hugo Palmer has just this one representing him at the meeting today , been going well of late with a 24% strike rate over the past fortnight , and has an 18% strike rate here at Thirsk overall. cant see her being far away.

6.10 Worcester - Halifax 5/1 (365)
Could easily make a case for most of these to be honest , but i like the chances of HALIFAX who has had a good year for the most part , and comes into this on the back of a solid win at Bangor. Had ten runs this year resulting in figures of - 2,1,4,9,9,2,1,6,3,1. That last time out win was a good win considering he was coming back from a lay off of 68 days and im hoping that he'll strip even fitter here today , only gone up 4lb for that win even though he looked to do it a shade cosily so not too concerned about the rise to be honest. Hasnt won here at Worcester but has placed in two of his three runs here , does well over the distance with two wins and a place from three outings. I think if he turns up in the same mood he can definatley make his presence felt. Grace Harris sends just this one to the course , whilst jockey Conor Ring is also here for only this one ride , takes off a valuable 3lb , and hes ridden the horse everytime this year resulting in three wins and two places from ten rides.

Last edited:
Monday 18th September

8.30 Kempton - Largo Bay 14/1 (Hills)
Open looking handicap where im siding with LARGO BAY , theres others who come into this with more pressing claims in all honesty but theres a few things i like that make me think he has a decent chance at a decent price today. Firstly his record here at Kempton , where hes rarely run a bad race , from nine runs here hes won once and placed a further four times , bit off putting that he hasnt won over todays distance but has placed at it. Class and mark are all fine as far as im concerned , having won off much higher in the past , and the fact he ran a decent third last time out at Windsor shows he in decent enough form , and as i think hes better on the all weather im hoping that an equally good , or better , showing can see him bang there tonight. Also caught my eye that a first time visor replaces his usual cheekpieces so im hoping that sharpens him up and works the oracle here. Trainer Michael Madgewick has just this one here this evening , and jockey George Rooke also here for just this one , hasnt been in the best of form of late but does seem to get on well with the horse with five wins and five places from his twenty rides. Capable of getting involved.

3.05 Brighton - Habanero Star 8/1 (365,Hills,SkyBet) :hissyfit 3rd
HABANERO STAR did this thread a favour at a decent price a few month ago as i recall and im hoping that she can repeat the feat for us today , again at a nice price. Arrives on the back of a solid second to Eton Blue at Goodwood last month , and given her liking for it round here , a win and two places from four outings , and the drop in class i think its entirely possible that she can go one better. Has been in decent form this year , winning twice , and generally giving a good account of herself in defeat. Another thing that makes me think the trainer means business is that the cheekpieces have been re applied. Gay Kelleway sends just this one to the meeting which is duly noted , has a 14% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 14.8% strike rate at Brighton overall along with a small profit. Billy Loughnane in the plate and he has a 13% strike rate over the last fortnight , and a 12.5% strike rate when visiting the course this season. Has ridden the horse twice before with no luck , but hes a good jockey and i think his first win on her could well come this afternoon.

5.15 Thirsk - Victoria Falls 11/4 (365) :thumb 1st 9/4 (10p Rule 4 on EP)
I think VICTORIA FALLS is the way to go in this one , won comfortably last time out when putting her rivals to the sword by 4 lengths at Newmarket back in August , her nearest rival Gone has gone close in two of her three races since so the form doesnt look to bad to me. The third home in that Newmarket race was a further 2 1/4 lengths behind , if she turns up in that sort of form i cant see her being beaten here if im being honest , despite the fact that shes gone up 8lb. Jockey Conor Planas helps relieve the burden by taking off 3lb , and its his first time up on her , has a 16% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst trainer Hugo Palmer has just this one representing him at the meeting today , been going well of late with a 24% strike rate over the past fortnight , and has an 18% strike rate here at Thirsk overall. cant see her being far away.

6.10 Worcester - Halifax 5/1 (365) :hissyfit
Could easily make a case for most of these to be honest , but i like the chances of HALIFAX who has had a good year for the most part , and comes into this on the back of a solid win at Bangor. Had ten runs this year resulting in figures of - 2,1,4,9,9,2,1,6,3,1. That last time out win was a good win considering he was coming back from a lay off of 68 days and im hoping that he'll strip even fitter here today , only gone up 4lb for that win even though he looked to do it a shade cosily so not too concerned about the rise to be honest. Hasnt won here at Worcester but has placed in two of his three runs here , does well over the distance with two wins and a place from three outings. I think if he turns up in the same mood he can definatley make his presence felt. Grace Harris sends just this one to the course , whilst jockey Conor Ring is also here for only this one ride , takes off a valuable 3lb , and hes ridden the horse everytime this year resulting in three wins and two places from ten rides.

Last edited:

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/4

Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Sidneys Son 5/1 Lost
Rockin Rosa 12/1 Lost
Prince Ali 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Snooze Lane 4/1 Lost
First View 5/1 Lost
Satin Snake 8/1 Lost
Brasil Power 5/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/1

Reputation 9/1 Lost
Jamil 6/1 Lost
Jamih 9/1 Lost
Mr Zee 7/1 Lost
Haaf A Diamond 10/3 Lost
Vadamiah 3/1 Non Runner
Murbih 13/2 Lost
Gone 7/2 Lost (2nd)
Angle Land 6/1 Lost
Temple Bruer 7/1 Lost
Alpha Capture 9/1 Lost
Nellie Laylax 9/4 Lost
Open Mind 5/1 Lost
Starjik 10/1 Lost
Alba Longa 33/1 Lost
Divine Libra 7/2 Lost
Tees Spirit 12/1 Lost
Hurricane Ivor 20/1 Lost
Man Of The Sea 4/1 Lost
John Betjeman 15/2 Lost
Largo Bay 14/1 Lost
Habanero Star 8/1 Lost (3rd)
Victoria Falls 11/4 :thumb 1st 9/4 (10p Rule 4 on EP)
Halifax 5/1 Lost

Bets 49 .. Won 5 ... EP -20.02 / SP -15.50

Last edited:
Tuesday 19th September

7.30 Newcastle - Vindobala 6/1 (365) - Cephalus 12/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A couple caught my eye in this one , probably not at the top of everyones list admittedly but i have my reasons .. firstly VINDOBALA whose been more miss than hit this season including a couple of refusing to starts , so this one obviously comes with a red warning sign , but as a result she is becoming increasingly well treated , runs off her last winning mark today , and does well here at Newcastle , over tonights CD shes won three times and placed in a further four from ten starts so knows her way round here well , if on song i think she can go well here tonight. Sam England has just this one here , and he has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst the inform Oisin Orr gets the ride for the first time , been riding well of late with a 23% strike rate in the past fortnight , and when the trainer and jockey have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate. CEPHALUS is the other selection , like the other selection hes definatley better than hes showed this year being woefully out of form (basically last in every race bar one of the four) , left Charlie Hills stable for Sean Currans and then left there , un raced as far as i can see , for Gary Moores stable. If anyone can cajole him back i think it'll be Moore whose a good trainer imho , interesting that he reaches for the cheekpieces for the first time , hopefully they can do the job and see him back to his best. Two from two here at Newcastle which didnt go un noticed and made me think that maybe a return to this course will aid his chances , hes also coming down alot in the weights which for me would have to give him serious chance here if hes good to go. Class , Distance , and Draw all look good to my eyes so i think he could run his best of the year here (fingers crossed). Trainer Gary Moore knows whats what and he has just this one here this evening , whilst Tom Queally is also here for just this one ride. The pair have done this thread a couple of favours and im hoping that this could be another one.

8.00 Newcastle - Patontheback 9/2 (Hills)
PATONTHEBACK for me in this one , won over this evenings CD three runs back slamming the opposition by 4 lengths and has acquitted himself well in his two races since coming second and third , so obviously coming into this in fine form and i reckon he has every chance of putting another win on his resume. Yet to win off a mark this high but has run well from it so its definatley within his compass imo. Trainer has a 17% strike rate over the last two weeks , and when coming here this season she has a 16.7% strike rate along side a profit of +19.00 , Callum Hutchinson in the saddle , and hes placed on his sole ride on the horse to date (last time out) , has a 15% strike rate in the past couple of weeks and when he and the trainer have combined over the last three weeks they have a repectable 33.3% strike rate. Cant see the selection being far away.

8.30 Newcastle - Masham Moor 9/1 (365) - Mr Strutter 17/2 (Hills)
Open looking race where a couple of decently priced runners catch my eye , first one of those is MASHAM MOOR who comes into this on the back of a solid looking second over CD last time out , in the main has been holding his form well this year - 10,3,3,2,2,2,4,3,8,2 and i think hes going to get his head in front sooner rather than later , hopefully tonight. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has been close off it before so not beyond the realms of possiblity that its within his grasp , especially given his consistency this term. Has a liking for it round here with a win and five places from his nine runs over CD which is another thing that makes me think he can go well / close. Trainer Chris Fairhurst is bang in form at the moment with a 100% strike rate in the past two weeks , whilst Paula Muir gets the ride on her sole start of the evening , has ridden the horse ten times resulting in two wins and five places , has a 33% strike rate in the last couple of weeks and has an 11.8% strike rate at the course overall. MR STRUTTER is my other selection , comes into this in decent form with figures of - 1,2,6,2 in his last four runs , The 1,2,2 all came here at Newcastle over this evenings CD , so i cant see any reason why he cant be making his presence felt here again. Was a good effort last time out when a length second to Explorers Way (re opposes here , but i think theres a good chance he can turn the tables on that rival today). Like the other selection has a decent record here with a win and four places from his eight outings over CD. Has won off higher than todays mark , and class and draw look fine to me. David Thompson has only this one here tonight , whilst regular pilot Andrew Elliott is in the plate. Should be in the firing line come the business end of things.

2.00 Uttoxeter - Blazing Court 15/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Seefin 8/1 (365)
Open looking conditionals handicap hurdle where i think a couple of the the participants could go well at what i consider decent prices. First selection is top weight BLAZING COURT who stepped up on his previous efforts when a decent 1/2 length second here on his handicap debut here at Uttoxeter over 2m4f , and i think theres every chance that he can go one better now upped in distance. To be honest that last run was the first time he'd showed anything like good form , this one is Martin Keighleys only runner on the card and he does well here with a 16.5% strike rate overall , whilst Harry Atkins claims a valuable 10lb and is also here for just this one ride. Cant say i know too much about the jockey tbh but the trainer knows whats what so i trust his judgement. Shouldnt be far away. SEEFIN is my other choice in the race , has been progressing slowly but steadily this term and makes his handicap debut this afternoon , and with the increase in distance probably in his favour hes another who i can see improving on previous outings, Was a 14 length second to Liverpool Knight here over 2 miles last time out , despite the distance beaten that was a good effort i thought , just beaten by a good un on the day. Dan Skelton good with these sorts i think , and he definatley has a good chance of being in the thick of things. Trainer been amongst the winners lately with a 29% strike rate over the last 21 days , and when bringing them here to Uttoxeter he has a 19.8% strike rate overall. Tristan Durrell in the saddle for the first time , and his 3lb claim can only help the cause.

5.10 Yarmouth - Panning For Gold 6/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A few of the runners in this hold chances i think and one of those is the selection PANNING FOR GOLD whose been in fine fettle having won four of his last five races .. Beat Yeoman last time out by a length and a quarter , that one went in on his next run , whilst the fifth home has gone in since as well so the form looks fairly good to me. Stepping upto 1m2f for the first time could see him improve even further , and i think another solid run is on the cards here. One from one here at Yarmouth , David Simock sends just this one to the course , and he has an 18% strike rate overall here whilst Jamie Spencer gets the ride , has won twice from his six rides on the horse , and he too has an 18% strike rate here at Yarmouth.

Last edited:
Tuesday 19th September

7.30 Newcastle - Vindobala 6/1 (365) - Cephalus 12/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A couple caught my eye in this one , probably not at the top of everyones list admittedly but i have my reasons .. firstly VINDOBALA whose been more miss than hit this season including a couple of refusing to starts , so this one obviously comes with a red warning sign , but as a result she is becoming increasingly well treated , runs off her last winning mark today , and does well here at Newcastle , over tonights CD shes won three times and placed in a further four from ten starts so knows her way round here well , if on song i think she can go well here tonight. Sam England has just this one here , and he has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst the inform Oisin Orr gets the ride for the first time , been riding well of late with a 23% strike rate in the past fortnight , and when the trainer and jockey have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate. CEPHALUS is the other selection , like the other selection hes definatley better than hes showed this year being woefully out of form (basically last in every race bar one of the four) , left Charlie Hills stable for Sean Currans and then left there , un raced as far as i can see , for Gary Moores stable. If anyone can cajole him back i think it'll be Moore whose a good trainer imho , interesting that he reaches for the cheekpieces for the first time , hopefully they can do the job and see him back to his best. Two from two here at Newcastle which didnt go un noticed and made me think that maybe a return to this course will aid his chances , hes also coming down alot in the weights which for me would have to give him serious chance here if hes good to go. Class , Distance , and Draw all look good to my eyes so i think he could run his best of the year here (fingers crossed). Trainer Gary Moore knows whats what and he has just this one here this evening , whilst Tom Queally is also here for just this one ride. The pair have done this thread a couple of favours and im hoping that this could be another one.

8.00 Newcastle - Patontheback 9/2 (Hills)
PATONTHEBACK for me in this one , won over this evenings CD three runs back slamming the opposition by 4 lengths and has acquitted himself well in his two races since coming second and third , so obviously coming into this in fine form and i reckon he has every chance of putting another win on his resume. Yet to win off a mark this high but has run well from it so its definatley within his compass imo. Trainer has a 17% strike rate over the last two weeks , and when coming here this season she has a 16.7% strike rate along side a profit of +19.00 , Callum Hutchinson in the saddle , and hes placed on his sole ride on the horse to date (last time out) , has a 15% strike rate in the past couple of weeks and when he and the trainer have combined over the last three weeks they have a repectable 33.3% strike rate. Cant see the selection being far away.

8.30 Newcastle - Masham Moor 9/1 (365) - Mr Strutter 17/2 (Hills)
Open looking race where a couple of decently priced runners catch my eye , first one of those is MASHAM MOOR who comes into this on the back of a solid looking second over CD last time out , in the main has been holding his form well this year - 10,3,3,2,2,2,4,3,8,2 and i think hes going to get his head in front sooner rather than later , hopefully tonight. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has been close off it before so not beyond the realms of possiblity that its within his grasp , especially given his consistency this term. Has a liking for it round here with a win and five places from his nine runs over CD which is another thing that makes me think he can go well / close. Trainer Chris Fairhurst is bang in form at the moment with a 100% strike rate in the past two weeks , whilst Paula Muir gets the ride on her sole start of the evening , has ridden the horse ten times resulting in two wins and five places , has a 33% strike rate in the last couple of weeks and has an 11.8% strike rate at the course overall. MR STRUTTER is my other selection , comes into this in decent form with figures of - 1,2,6,2 in his last four runs , The 1,2,2 all came here at Newcastle over this evenings CD , so i cant see any reason why he cant be making his presence felt here again. Was a good effort last time out when a length second to Explorers Way (re opposes here , but i think theres a good chance he can turn the tables on that rival today). Like the other selection has a decent record here with a win and four places from his eight outings over CD. Has won off higher than todays mark , and class and draw look fine to me. David Thompson has only this one here tonight , whilst regular pilot Andrew Elliott is in the plate. Should be in the firing line come the business end of things.

2.00 Uttoxeter - Blazing Court 15/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) Non Runner - Seefin 8/1 (365) :thumb 1st 9/2
Open looking conditionals handicap hurdle where i think a couple of the the participants could go well at what i consider decent prices. First selection is top weight BLAZING COURT who stepped up on his previous efforts when a decent 1/2 length second here on his handicap debut here at Uttoxeter over 2m4f , and i think theres every chance that he can go one better now upped in distance. To be honest that last run was the first time he'd showed anything like good form , this one is Martin Keighleys only runner on the card and he does well here with a 16.5% strike rate overall , whilst Harry Atkins claims a valuable 10lb and is also here for just this one ride. Cant say i know too much about the jockey tbh but the trainer knows whats what so i trust his judgement. Shouldnt be far away. SEEFIN is my other choice in the race , has been progressing slowly but steadily this term and makes his handicap debut this afternoon , and with the increase in distance probably in his favour hes another who i can see improving on previous outings, Was a 14 length second to Liverpool Knight here over 2 miles last time out , despite the distance beaten that was a good effort i thought , just beaten by a good un on the day. Dan Skelton good with these sorts i think , and he definatley has a good chance of being in the thick of things. Trainer been amongst the winners lately with a 29% strike rate over the last 21 days , and when bringing them here to Uttoxeter he has a 19.8% strike rate overall. Tristan Durrell in the saddle for the first time , and his 3lb claim can only help the cause.

5.10 Yarmouth - Panning For Gold 6/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) Non Runner
A few of the runners in this hold chances i think and one of those is the selection PANNING FOR GOLD whose been in fine fettle having won four of his last five races .. Beat Yeoman last time out by a length and a quarter , that one went in on his next run , whilst the fifth home has gone in since as well so the form looks fairly good to me. Stepping upto 1m2f for the first time could see him improve even further , and i think another solid run is on the cards here. One from one here at Yarmouth , David Simock sends just this one to the course , and he has an 18% strike rate overall here whilst Jamie Spencer gets the ride , has won twice from his six rides on the horse , and he too has an 18% strike rate here at Yarmouth.

Last edited:

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/4

Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Sidneys Son 5/1 Lost
Rockin Rosa 12/1 Lost
Prince Ali 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Snooze Lane 4/1 Lost
First View 5/1 Lost
Satin Snake 8/1 Lost
Brasil Power 5/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/1

Reputation 9/1 Lost
Jamil 6/1 Lost
Jamih 9/1 Lost
Mr Zee 7/1 Lost
Haaf A Diamond 10/3 Lost
Vadamiah 3/1 Non Runner
Murbih 13/2 Lost
Gone 7/2 Lost (2nd)
Angle Land 6/1 Lost
Temple Bruer 7/1 Lost
Alpha Capture 9/1 Lost
Nellie Laylax 9/4 Lost
Open Mind 5/1 Lost
Starjik 10/1 Lost
Alba Longa 33/1 Lost
Divine Libra 7/2 Lost
Tees Spirit 12/1 Lost
Hurricane Ivor 20/1 Lost
Man Of The Sea 4/1 Lost
John Betjeman 15/2 Lost
Largo Bay 14/1 Lost
Halifax 5/1 Lost
Cephalus 12/1 Lost
Vindobala 6/1 Lost
Patontheback 9/2 Lost
Masham Moor 9/1 Lost
Mr Strutter 17/2 Lost
Blazing Court 15/2 Non Runner
Seefin 8/1 :thumb 1st 9/2

Panning For Gold 6/1 Non Runner

Bets 55 .. Won 6 ... EP -17.02 / SP -16.00

Last edited:
Wednesday 20th September

5.10 Beverley - Dandys Angel 5/1 (Hills,Coral,Lads)
DANDYS ANGEL is the epitomy of consistency , since returning to action in April of this year after a break she has rarely run a bad race - 2,6,4,6,3,1,3,2,1,1,4,1,3,2 and as such is pretty much in the grip of the handicapper but the fact that shes won off 64 before gives her a chance here i think. Added to that is the fact that she rarely runs a bad race here at Beverley with four wins and five places from her thirteen runs over todays CD. Race class , going and the draw all have ticks in the right boxes and i really cant see why she shouldnt go close here. John Wainwright sends just this one to the meeting , not been in the best of form lately has to be said but has done well here at Beverley this term with a 25% strike rate and a profit of +10.75 , which gives me hope. Jockey Ryan Sexton has done well on the mare in his five rides to date with three wins and a place , like the trainer he has a 35% strike rate here this season along with a profit of +5.75. Should be in the thick of things.

4.50 Sandown - Born Ruler 9/4 (365)
Cant see past BORN RULER if im being honest , who looks to me like a typical Mark Prescott handicap improver who'll probably go on to run up a sequence , won with any amount in hand when beating Strong Impact by 3 1/2 lengths last time out over this afternoons CD , and i highly doubt that a 6lb rise will stop him here today given the authoritative manner in which he won that last time out race. Turned out again quickly (last race was five days ago) which is atypical of the trainer and this is his only runner on the card here today. Has a 20% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and he has an eyecatching 31% strike rate overall when sending them to Sandown. Luke Morris gets the steering job and hes ridden the horse on all six starts to date , making his record two wins and a place from those rides.

Last edited:
Wednesday 20th September

5.10 Beverley - Dandys Angel 5/1 (Hills,Coral,Lads) :thumb 1st 9/2
DANDYS ANGEL is the epitomy of consistency , since returning to action in April of this year after a break she has rarely run a bad race - 2,6,4,6,3,1,3,2,1,1,4,1,3,2 and as such is pretty much in the grip of the handicapper but the fact that shes won off 64 before gives her a chance here i think. Added to that is the fact that she rarely runs a bad race here at Beverley with four wins and five places from her thirteen runs over todays CD. Race class , going and the draw all have ticks in the right boxes and i really cant see why she shouldnt go close here. John Wainwright sends just this one to the meeting , not been in the best of form lately has to be said but has done well here at Beverley this term with a 25% strike rate and a profit of +10.75 , which gives me hope. Jockey Ryan Sexton has done well on the mare in his five rides to date with three wins and a place , like the trainer he has a 35% strike rate here this season along with a profit of +5.75. Should be in the thick of things.

4.50 Sandown - Born Ruler 9/4 (365) Non Runner
Cant see past BORN RULER if im being honest , who looks to me like a typical Mark Prescott handicap improver who'll probably go on to run up a sequence , won with any amount in hand when beating Strong Impact by 3 1/2 lengths last time out over this afternoons CD , and i highly doubt that a 6lb rise will stop him here today given the authoritative manner in which he won that last time out race. Turned out again quickly (last race was five days ago) which is atypical of the trainer and this is his only runner on the card here today. Has a 20% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and he has an eyecatching 31% strike rate overall when sending them to Sandown. Luke Morris gets the steering job and hes ridden the horse on all six starts to date , making his record two wins and a place from those rides.

Hill Station 12/1 Lost
Plumette 15/2 Lost
Jenny Ren 11/2 Lost
Parr Fire 13/2 Lost
Sound Reason 5/1 Lost
Ramon Di Loria 8/1 Lost
Safari Dream 10/1 Lost
Finery 7/2 Lost
Tough Enough 4/1 Lost
Good Impression 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 10/1

Karanelle 7/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/4

Mister Bluebird 8/1 Lost
Sidneys Son 5/1 Lost
Rockin Rosa 12/1 Lost
Prince Ali 5/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Snooze Lane 4/1 Lost
First View 5/1 Lost
Satin Snake 8/1 Lost
Brasil Power 5/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/1

Reputation 9/1 Lost
Jamil 6/1 Lost
Jamih 9/1 Lost
Mr Zee 7/1 Lost
Haaf A Diamond 10/3 Lost
Vadamiah 3/1 Non Runner
Murbih 13/2 Lost
Gone 7/2 Lost (2nd)
Angle Land 6/1 Lost
Temple Bruer 7/1 Lost
Alpha Capture 9/1 Lost
Nellie Laylax 9/4 Lost
Open Mind 5/1 Lost
Starjik 10/1 Lost
Alba Longa 33/1 Lost
Divine Libra 7/2 Lost
Tees Spirit 12/1 Lost
Hurricane Ivor 20/1 Lost
Man Of The Sea 4/1 Lost
John Betjeman 15/2 Lost
Largo Bay 14/1 Lost
Halifax 5/1 Lost
Cephalus 12/1 Lost
Vindobala 6/1 Lost
Patontheback 9/2 Lost
Masham Moor 9/1 Lost
Mr Strutter 17/2 Lost
Blazing Court 15/2 Non Runner
Seefin 8/1 :thumb 1st 9/2

Panning For Gold 6/1 Non Runner
Dandys Angel 5/1 :thumb 1st 9/2
Born Ruler 9/4 Non Runner

Bets 56 .. Won 7 ... EP -12.02 / SP -11.50

Monday 25th September

3.05 Warwick - Notnowlinda 4/1 (Hills)
Dan Skelton done us a favour with Seefin a few days ago and i think he could do us another one with NOTNOWLINDA , who is making her chase debut here today. Has been off since April this year and had been in decent form when last seen , and won on her sole start here at Warwick (2 mile maiden hurdle) , hasnt won at the distance in two attempts to date , was a sound enough fourth on her last run over todays trip so should be able to make her presence felt and the fact that she won on her only point to point start over 3m makes me think that this trip is well within her compass. Trainer sends just this one to Warwick today which caught my eye , and has been in good form with a 41.7% strike rate over the last month , and he does well when sending his runners here overall with a 21% strike rate. Harry Skelton rides and he won on her when she won here last year , like the trainer has been in good form lately with a 44.4% strike rate in the past four weeks , and also like the trainer he does well when coming here to ride with a 22% strike rate overall. If shes fit and ready to roll i think she'll be on the premises.

4.40 Hamilton - Leap Year Lad 9/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads)
LEAP YEAR LAD has been very consistent since returning from a break back in February of this year - 4,2,2,3,1,4,4,1,3,2 and i cant see any valid reason why he shouldnt go well again here this afternoon. Comes into this on the back a solid effort at Haydock last time out when beaten a length by Khinjani , i think theres a fair chance he can make amends here and get his head in front running off the same mark. One from one here at Hamilton , and doesnt look badly drawn to me. Kevin Ryan has just this one here today , and though he seems to be having a bit of a quiet spell at the moment he does do well with his runners here at Hamilton with a 23.8% strike rate this term and a healthy profit of +£29.95 whilst jockey Sam James has a 14% strike rate over the last three weeks , is one from one on the horse and has done well when coming here this season with a 21.4% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away.

2.05 Leicester - Spanish Mane 16/1 (365) - Ey Up Its Jazz 4/1 (365)
Couple in this one stand out for me , first one is top weight SPANISH MANE whose the only CD winner in the race , which always tends to catch my eye i have to admit , last couple of runs have been a bit poor but before that she had been in fine fettle , last four runs have all been in class 5 races where her figures have read - 3,1,7,5 .. this drop down to a class 6 should suit her and the last she contested a class 6 was over todays CD which she won back in June. Has yet to run a bad race here at Leafy being two from two over CD and two wins and a place from three runs overall at the course. This is Julia Fieldens only runner at the meeting , and she does well here at Lingfield with a 20.7% strike rate and a small profit of +£3.75 over the last five years. Georgia Dobie also here for this one ride , and she has a win and a place from her three rides on the horse to date and has a 13% strike rate here overall. Gotta run better than her last two outings but thats entirely possible given her liking for the course and the drop in class and for me worth a go at a decent price. EY UP ITS JAZZ is the other one i like the look of , was a sound second to Roach Power at Thirsk over 7f last time out , and if in the same sort of mood he should be making his presence felt here. One from one here at Lingfield , over 6f , but has won and placed at the trip so no qualms about the distance. Runs off the same mark as when last seen and though he hasnt won off a mark this high he has gone close so again no worries about that , no worries about the ground either as hes won/gone well on both soft and heavy. Tony Coyle has a 10% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and on his rare visits here over the last five years hes racked up an eyecatching 66.7% strike rate , so i think its worth noting that he sends just this one here this afternoon making him the longest traveller of the day at the meeting. Jockey Conor Planas gets the leg up for the first time , and hes a jockey i rate , has a 19% strike rate over the last coupla weeks , and has a 16.7% when riding here this season.

5.35 Leciester - Astronomica 6/1 (365) - Eponina 18/1 (365)
Another race where i am going to side with two against the field (it could of been three as i also like the look of Clipsham Gold) , first one of those is the in form ASTRONOMICA , hasnt been out of the first three in her four outings this year , and it caught my eye that she won two of those , both where the going was soft so i think she should definatley be making her presence felt given the current going. Has run well on both starts over todays CD , winning one and placing in the other. George Wood has ridden her on all starts this year and is on board once again , making his record on her two wins and two places from five rides whilst Dr Scargill has just this one here today and he has a 12% strike rate overall here at Leicester. The nicely priced EPONINA is my other choice , hasnt been in the greatest of form lately but as a result of that has come down the handicap which could see her in a better light here imho as shes more than capable on her day. Yet to run a bad race over todays CD with two wins and a place form her four runs to date. Class , going and draw all look fine and its interesting that trainer Michael Appleby relies on this one here as he won the race last year with Finery so knows how to win this particular race and that horse had similiar form as this one coming into the race. Has a 16% strike rate over the last three weeks. Theodore Ladd here for just this one ride and he knows the horse well having ridden her 32 times resulting in five wins and five places. If in the right frame of mind i dont think she'll be far away.

Last edited:
Back