• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Boxing

Well a mixed bag last night , couple of wins , a cancelled bout , a no contest and a robbery if you ask me as i think Ryan won

Some great fighters and fights in those days.
No shock in Minter getting beat as Hagler went onto prove he was different gravy but Honeyghan beating Curry was a real shock at the time.
Pity it went to his head and he went much the same way as Conteh , with partying and women lol. It's the best way to fail I suppose.

Great times for fight fans, Hearns, Hagler, Duran and my favourite boxer of all time, Sugar Ray Leonard, what a great fighter he was.

and they all fought each other / the best available , didnt worry about protecting their '0's etc ... better days all round mate

Marvellous Marvin was one of my all time faves i gotta admit .. all those you named were ATGs as far as im concerned along with Chavez

Saturday 28th September - Rhiannon Dixon v Terri Harper

Looking forward to this one but i was beginning to think it werent gonna happen , was scheduled on the undercard of the the Regis Prograis vs Jack Catterall bout , that fight got postponed so this was had to find a new home , then it was a co main event on the Fisher vs Rudenko fight , Fisher got injured and pulled out so once again was in doubt , but instead of cancelling it they have made it the main event in the Sheffield event. Unbeaten Dixon (10 Fights - 10 Wins (1 KO)) was a late comer into boxing , not taking it up until she was 21 and turning pro in 2019 , and shes a talented recruit into the pro ranks as far as im concerned , she beat Karen Elizabeth Carabajel last time , by unanimous decision , to take the vacant WBO Lightweight title , Harper (18 Fights - 14 Wins (6 KOs) - 2 Losses - 2 Draws) lost last time to Sandy Ryan when she was stopped in the fourth round , and before that she fought Cecillia Braekhaus to a draw.. I think Dixon is in the ascendacy here tbh , her career is going from strength to strength whilst Harpers appears to be on the wain a little , and i honestly dont think that this step down in weight will help Harpers chances whose been fighting at Welterweight in recent times. Both are decent boxers , but id give the edge to Dixon in skills and technique and to Harper for power , although its been a while since she stopped anyone , Katharina Thanderz was the last one who she put away in the ninth round back in 2020. She has fought the better opposition Natasha Jonas (Draw) , Alycia Baumgardener (Loss) , Hannah Rankin (Won) , Cecilia Braekhaus (Draw) , Sandy Ryan (Loss) .. Theyve both beaten Katharina Thanderz , Harper by stoppage and Dixon by unanimous decision and for me Dixon looked the better against that particular opponent, Harper will be hoping that she can win the title giving her another world title at a third weight but on recent evidence i dont know if she can achieve that against someone who looks as though shes on the up n up , this will be Dixons biggest name on her resume as far as im concerned and i think she'll be up for it , and i think she'll have too much in the locker for the Yorkshire lass.

Rhiannon Dixon To Win

TERRI HARPER WINS :hissyfit

No grumbles about that one , great display from Harper and a well earned victory and shes now a 3 weight world champion

Saturday 5th October - Nick Ball v Ronny Rios

Should be an entertaining bout this one which sees a Liverpool homecoming for Nick Ball (21 Fights - 20 Wins (11 KOs) - 1 Draw) , who arrives on the back of a deserved split decision win over Raymond Ford back in June over in Riyadh , before that he fought the tough Rey Vargas to a draw for the WBC World Featherweight title , imho he won that fight and should now be the WBC Champ , but he didnt let it stop him and he fought the tough and talented Ford next , and came away with the win .. He now faces American Ronny Rios (38 Fights - 34 Wins (17 KOs) - 4 Losses) who was last seen knocking out Nicolas Polanca in April of this year , for me this should be easier for Ball than his previous two outings in all honesty as Rios , althougha decent enough boxer with fair power , seems to come up short when he faces class opposition , in his penultimate fight he was stopped by Murodjon Akmadaliev in the twelfth round , and his other losses were to Hovhannisyan (6th round KO) , Rey Vargas (UD) and Robinson Castellanos (TKO 5th round) , so sort of proves my point that when he faces quality opponents he comes up short , he has beaten some decent fighters ie Oscar Negrete and Diego De La Hoya to name two , but i wouldnt say either of those are in Balls class to be honest and i think that hes gonna be up against it here specially when you factor in the fact that Ball is gonna be roared in by loads of Liverpudlians. I see Ball doing his thing , being relentless , throwing leather and getting in Rios' face and i cant see Rios being able to cope with that , Nick Ball wins for me , possibly by stoppage.

Nick Ball To Win

Saturday 5th October - Nick Ball v Ronny Rios

Should be an entertaining bout this one which sees a Liverpool homecoming for Nick Ball (21 Fights - 20 Wins (11 KOs) - 1 Draw) , who arrives on the back of a deserved split decision win over Raymond Ford back in June over in Riyadh , before that he fought the tough Rey Vargas to a draw for the WBC World Featherweight title , imho he won that fight and should now be the WBC Champ , but he didnt let it stop him and he fought the tough and talented Ford next , and came away with the win .. He now faces American Ronny Rios (38 Fights - 34 Wins (17 KOs) - 4 Losses) who was last seen knocking out Nicolas Polanca in April of this year , for me this should be easier for Ball than his previous two outings in all honesty as Rios , althougha decent enough boxer with fair power , seems to come up short when he faces class opposition , in his penultimate fight he was stopped by Murodjon Akmadaliev in the twelfth round , and his other losses were to Hovhannisyan (6th round KO) , Rey Vargas (UD) and Robinson Castellanos (TKO 5th round) , so sort of proves my point that when he faces quality opponents he comes up short , he has beaten some decent fighters ie Oscar Negrete and Diego De La Hoya to name two , but i wouldnt say either of those are in Balls class to be honest and i think that hes gonna be up against it here specially when you factor in the fact that Ball is gonna be roared in by loads of Liverpudlians. I see Ball doing his thing , being relentless , throwing leather and getting in Rios' face and i cant see Rios being able to cope with that , Nick Ball wins for me , possibly by stoppage.

Nick Ball To Win

NICK BALL WINS :thumb

Saturday 12th October -

Artur Beterbiev v Dmitry Bivol

Well this is the fight i wanna see , more than the undisputed between Uysk and Fury , and most true boxing fans will be the same i'm sure .. Two of the best pound for pound fighters out there at the moment , someones gotta lose their '0' and someones gotta win and i think it has the potential to be a great fight and for the fighters , the winner gets hailed as the undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion of the world. Beterbiev (20 Fights - 20 Wins (20 KOs)) is a beast , no other way to describe him really , hes stopped every opponent whose got in the ring with him which is quite something really considering the quality of opposition hes faced , whilst Bivol (22 Fights - 22 Wins (11 KOs)) has also beaten everyone before him and whilst he hasnt the stopping power of his opponent he does possess decent power he does have sublime ring skill / IQ. Stylistically they are polar opposites , and whilst most people rate Bivols skill set alot underestimate Beterbievs technical skills and IQ which is at least on a par with Bivols i'd say personally. The thing that Bivol does have in his favour is hes a master at maintaining range and distance , whereas Beterbiev is more of a come forward fighter. This is as 50/50 as they come imho , and a case can be made for both fighters .. Boils down to can Bivol keep Beterbiev at range and can he take the power shots and how will he cope with them round after round .. He has a solid chin it has to be said , but then hes never faced someone like Beterbiev before (and remember in the amateurs Betebiev beat Uysk which is saying something) , and this kinds reminds me of the Beterbiev / Gvozdyk bout in some regards where Gvozdyk used his jab to good effect , used good combinations and countered well but eventually Beterbievs relentless pressure eventually wore him down , whilst i think Bivol is levels above Gvozdyk i think the fight could well pan out the same way with Bivol using distance , his slick footwork and counters (along with decent combinations) to keep Beterbiev at bay , but for how long can he keep that up with the ever throwing Beterbiev coming after him ? .. both have great engines so i cant see either lagging in the later rounds , but the constant barrage that Beterbiev is gonna throw is i think gonna have an effect on Bivol eventually / at some point. I think Bivol will start well and probably rack up a few rounds on the cards but i can see from the mid rounds onwards Beterbiev wearing him down with his relentless , stalking style , catching him here and there , and i think by the late rounds this could have an accumulative effect on Bivol , but its totally possible that Bivol does manage to keep out of the way as he has excellent footwork and from what i've seen manages to avoid most shots thrown at him .. but for me Beterbiev is very under rated , people think hes just a puncher with unbelievable power (which he is) but his fundamentals are excellent as is his timing , footwork and skill at cutting off the ring. Bivols guard is top notch as is his jab so its gonna be hard for Beterbiev to catch him cleanly but i think overtime Beterbiev does what he does best , figure out his opponent and eventually wear his opponent down , and start catching him. Its also entirely possible that Bivol can keep Beterbiev guessing , as ive said hes a quality defensive fighter and Beterbievs style will allow countering opportunities for Bivol where he counters and pivots out .. as i say its one of the most intriguing and interesting fights for a long while and both boxers , win or lose , still deserve to be in the lb for lb list , but im a long time Beterbiev fan and i think (hope) that he can get the job done although im not 100% as either could win depending on how the fight pans out , but i have to stick with with Beterbiev.

Arthur Beterbiev To Win

Chris Eubank Jr v Kamil Szeremeta
Chris Eubank Jr (36 Fights - 33 Wins (24 KOs) - 3 Losses) makes his return to the ring after a lengthy layoff to face former European Middleweight Champion Kamil Szeremeta (29 Fights - 25 Wins (8 KOs) - 2 Losses - 2 Draws) , its not a fight that would of immediatley jumped out at me if im being honest but i suppose after the lay off hes had Eubank Jr wants an easier fight to get back into it , no slight on Szeremeta there but if Eubank Jr is to be considered a contender for world titles he should be facing better opposition imho. Eubank Jr was last seen beating Liam Smith , stopping him in the tenth round , which made up for the fourth round loss he suffered at Smiths' hands in his penultimate bout. He was much more assured in the rematch , and beat Smith convincingly in my eyes , and im surprised that its took this long for him to get back into the ring , though he has signed a new promotional deal in the interim so maybe thats something to do with it. Szeremeta drew his last fight in February of this year , but prior to this he'd been on a four fight winning streak , however it has to be said that the opposition were pretty low level and Eubank Jr will be a massive jump in class here from what hes been facing of late. Has to be said that his two losses to date have come against quality opponents in Gennady Golovkin (2020) and Jaimie Mungia (2021) when challenging for world titles but it also has to be said that it seems that when he steps up to face class opposition hes failed and i think thats gonna be the case here , as for me Eubank Jr is at least a level above Szeremeta and if hes not suffering from ring rust from time out of the ring then he should be dominating and putting away Szeremeta. I understand that this is probably just a 'run out' for Eubank Jr but given his talent i would much rather be watching him face someone who is at least ranked in the top 15 of one of the organisations (WBA . WBC , WBO or IBF). As it stands i think Eubank Jr wins and very probably wins convincingly.

Chris Eubank Jr To Win

Fabio Wardley v Frazer Clarke
After their back and forth battle last time i'm looking forward to this one i have to say , i think Wardley (18 Fights - 17 Wins (16 KOs) - 1 Draw) edged it but a draw was a fair enough decision to be honest as a good case could be made for Clarke (9 Fights - 8 Wins (6 KOs) - 1 Draw). I have to say that i fancy Wardleys chances in this rematch , but i do have some lingering doubts , the main two are the fact that the scar tissue around his nose seems to be opening up regularly now which could be a problem and also the fact that he seemed to gas fairly early in the first fight. Clarke is the better boxer theres no doubt , and he had long spells in the fight where he looked more in control and the more composed of the two but he was hurt when Wardley got to him and i think that could well be a telling factor in this one as Wardley would of learned from that encounter and will hopefully have adjusted accordingly. Wardley only knows one way to fight , which is good for us i gotta say , and i see this one going the same way as the first , all action , blood and a lot of heart on show. I see Clarke trying to control the fight and counter whereas Wardley will be on the attack and looking for the openings to take advantage of. That first fight was the hardest that Clarke has had since hes been in the pro's whereas Wardley has been battles all through his career , amateur and professional , and i think hes better suited to these sort of fights to be honest. Both will have learned more from that first fight and will be implementing whatever tactics they and their trainers have discussed but i cant see nothing but another back and forth cracker of a fight. I think it'll be close once again but for me i see Wardley digging the deeper and emerging with his hand held up come the end.

Fabio Wardley To Win

Jai Opetaia v Jack Massey
Interesting bout that i'm quite looking forward to , Aussie Jai Opetaia (25 Fights - 25 Wins (19 KOs)) defends his IBF Cruiserweight title against Derbyshire lad Jack Massey (24 Fights - 22 Wins (12 KOs) - 2 Losses). I wouldnt describe this one as a top fight but its definatley an interesting one , Massey has only lost twice in his career , first time against Richard Riakporhe back in 2019 and then in 2023 he lost to heavyweight Joseph Parker , both by unanimous decision , and hes only been down once in his career to date (i think) and that was against Riakporhe , so i think its gonna be interesting to see how he copes with the power of Opetaia here. Alot of people are writing Massey off completely , and whilst i think its unlikely that he wins this one i dont think he can be written off as a no hoper and the fact that hes been the distance with the likes of both Riakporhe and Parker proves hes tough , durable and has a decent chin and he can box especially off the back foot. I see Opetaia starting well and quickly , but if Massey can withstand the onslaught i see him coming into it more in the latter half of the fight. Like i say i cant see Massey winning this tbh but he could give Opetaia a tough night.

Jai Opetaia To Win

Skye Nicolson v Raven Chapman
Another decent womens bout and another decent fight for the Beterbiev vs Bivol undercard , and one i'm looking forward to i have to say as one of em is gonna lose there unbeaten record. Nicolson (11 Fights - 11 Wins (1 KO)) won the WBC World Featherweight title in her penultimate fight by beating the decent Sarah Mahfoud by unanimous decision and she followed that up with another unanimous decision win in her first defence against Dyana Vargas back in July of this year. Chapman (9 Fights - 9 Wins (2 KOs)) retained the WBC Featherweight International title , which she won back in March 2022 , in her fourth defence of the belt last time by beating Yohana Sarabia by a UD. This is an intriguing match up i think as though i think Nicolson is the more skilled boxer of the two , Chapmans workrate and punch output makes things interesting for me. Chapman punches hard and means everything she throws , which could lead to some clinching from Nicolson but that could prove disasterous as Chapman is good on the inside and she often goes for the body if she finds herself in that position. Nicolson will probably be counterpunching and catching Chapman , from what ive seen so far both are up for this fight and as i say im looking forward to it , think its gonna be a close one , cant see a stoppage tbh think its gonna go to the cards , and im 50/50 as to who gets it if im being honest , but im gonna go with Skye Nicolson albeit with a bit of hesitation , although a Chapman wouldnt surprise and id like to see her take it as shes a Brit.

Skye Nicolson To Win

Ben Whittaker v Liam Cameron
Another bout im looking forward to and another one for the stacked Beterbiev / Bivol card , this one definatley throws up some interesting questions for me and for Whittaker imho. Whittaker (8 Fights - 8 Wins (5 KOs)) is definatley a talented individual , theres no doubt about that , but so far in his fights he has had a tendency to showboat and lark about and against someone like Cameron i dont think hes gonna be able to do that or hes gonna get chinned. Hes looked good in all his eight fights to date but the showboating for me does detract from his skillset , as i say thats come against lesser opposition against what he faces here though. Cameron (30 Fights - 23 Wins (10 KOs) - 6 Losses - 1 No Contest) came back to boxing in 2023 after failing a drug test after he beat Nicky Jenman to retain his Commonwealth Middleweight Title back in 2018 , he was subsequently banned for four years and announced his retirement but found his way back into the ring after a battle with the drink and the loss of his step daughter in a road accident so hes done well to fight his demons and get back to where he is. He made his comeback in 2023 and won his first three fights before meeting Lyndon Arthur last time for the vacant WBA Inter Continental Light Heavyweight Title , he lost by a split decision but put up a good fight in defeat , so for me hes gonna be a live threat to Whittaker. As i say Whittaker is skilful and has an abundance of talent , but i do question whether he has enough 'pop' in his shots as he climbs the ladder , this one will no doubt reveal more and as he meets better opposition hopefully the showboating will come to an end. Whittaker is 6 years younger than Cameron and has a 3 inch height advantage , and despite lacking the experience of Cameron i think he'll outbox his opponent for the majority of the fight. I see Whittaker winning come the bell , but can also see Cameron having his moments as well and dont think it will all be one way traffic.

Ben Whittaker To Win

Last edited:
Added Skye Nicolson vs Raven Chapman and Ben Whittaker vs Liam Cameron to the 12th October post

Monday 14th October - Junto Nakatani v Petch CP Freshmart (Tasana Salapet)

The Rings P4P number 9 Junto Nakatani (28 Fights - 28 Wins (21 KOs)) defends his WBC Bantamweight crown in his third fight of the year against Thailands Petch CP Freshmart (real name Tasana Salapet) (77 Fights - 76 Wins (53 KOs) - 1 Loss) and in all honesty i think its gonna be a one sided affair. As you can see Salapet has a fair few fights under his belt so hes well experienced but in his 13 years as a pro the nearest hes come to a title fight is when he lost to Takuma Inoue back in 2018 when they fought for the interim Bantamweight title , so for me that kinda shows the level hes at and though he'll be trying i can only see a Nakatani win here , much the better boxer and has been operating at a much higher level.

Junto Nakatani To Win

Saturday 12th October -

Artur Beterbiev v Dmitry Bivol

Well this is the fight i wanna see , more than the undisputed between Uysk and Fury , and most true boxing fans will be the same i'm sure .. Two of the best pound for pound fighters out there at the moment , someones gotta lose their '0' and someones gotta win and i think it has the potential to be a great fight and for the fighters , the winner gets hailed as the undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion of the world. Beterbiev (20 Fights - 20 Wins (20 KOs)) is a beast , no other way to describe him really , hes stopped every opponent whose got in the ring with him which is quite something really considering the quality of opposition hes faced , whilst Bivol (22 Fights - 22 Wins (11 KOs)) has also beaten everyone before him and whilst he hasnt the stopping power of his opponent he does possess decent power he does have sublime ring skill / IQ. Stylistically they are polar opposites , and whilst most people rate Bivols skill set alot underestimate Beterbievs technical skills and IQ which is at least on a par with Bivols i'd say personally. The thing that Bivol does have in his favour is hes a master at maintaining range and distance , whereas Beterbiev is more of a come forward fighter. This is as 50/50 as they come imho , and a case can be made for both fighters .. Boils down to can Bivol keep Beterbiev at range and can he take the power shots and how will he cope with them round after round .. He has a solid chin it has to be said , but then hes never faced someone like Beterbiev before (and remember in the amateurs Betebiev beat Uysk which is saying something) , and this kinds reminds me of the Beterbiev / Gvozdyk bout in some regards where Gvozdyk used his jab to good effect , used good combinations and countered well but eventually Beterbievs relentless pressure eventually wore him down , whilst i think Bivol is levels above Gvozdyk i think the fight could well pan out the same way with Bivol using distance , his slick footwork and counters (along with decent combinations) to keep Beterbiev at bay , but for how long can he keep that up with the ever throwing Beterbiev coming after him ? .. both have great engines so i cant see either lagging in the later rounds , but the constant barrage that Beterbiev is gonna throw is i think gonna have an effect on Bivol eventually / at some point. I think Bivol will start well and probably rack up a few rounds on the cards but i can see from the mid rounds onwards Beterbiev wearing him down with his relentless , stalking style , catching him here and there , and i think by the late rounds this could have an accumulative effect on Bivol , but its totally possible that Bivol does manage to keep out of the way as he has excellent footwork and from what i've seen manages to avoid most shots thrown at him .. but for me Beterbiev is very under rated , people think hes just a puncher with unbelievable power (which he is) but his fundamentals are excellent as is his timing , footwork and skill at cutting off the ring. Bivols guard is top notch as is his jab so its gonna be hard for Beterbiev to catch him cleanly but i think overtime Beterbiev does what he does best , figure out his opponent and eventually wear his opponent down , and start catching him. Its also entirely possible that Bivol can keep Beterbiev guessing , as ive said hes a quality defensive fighter and Beterbievs style will allow countering opportunities for Bivol where he counters and pivots out .. as i say its one of the most intriguing and interesting fights for a long while and both boxers , win or lose , still deserve to be in the lb for lb list , but im a long time Beterbiev fan and i think (hope) that he can get the job done although im not 100% as either could win depending on how the fight pans out , but i have to stick with with Beterbiev.

Arthur Beterbiev To Win

Chris Eubank Jr v Kamil Szeremeta
Chris Eubank Jr (36 Fights - 33 Wins (24 KOs) - 3 Losses) makes his return to the ring after a lengthy layoff to face former European Middleweight Champion Kamil Szeremeta (29 Fights - 25 Wins (8 KOs) - 2 Losses - 2 Draws) , its not a fight that would of immediatley jumped out at me if im being honest but i suppose after the lay off hes had Eubank Jr wants an easier fight to get back into it , no slight on Szeremeta there but if Eubank Jr is to be considered a contender for world titles he should be facing better opposition imho. Eubank Jr was last seen beating Liam Smith , stopping him in the tenth round , which made up for the fourth round loss he suffered at Smiths' hands in his penultimate bout. He was much more assured in the rematch , and beat Smith convincingly in my eyes , and im surprised that its took this long for him to get back into the ring , though he has signed a new promotional deal in the interim so maybe thats something to do with it. Szeremeta drew his last fight in February of this year , but prior to this he'd been on a four fight winning streak , however it has to be said that the opposition were pretty low level and Eubank Jr will be a massive jump in class here from what hes been facing of late. Has to be said that his two losses to date have come against quality opponents in Gennady Golovkin (2020) and Jaimie Mungia (2021) when challenging for world titles but it also has to be said that it seems that when he steps up to face class opposition hes failed and i think thats gonna be the case here , as for me Eubank Jr is at least a level above Szeremeta and if hes not suffering from ring rust from time out of the ring then he should be dominating and putting away Szeremeta. I understand that this is probably just a 'run out' for Eubank Jr but given his talent i would much rather be watching him face someone who is at least ranked in the top 15 of one of the organisations (WBA . WBC , WBO or IBF). As it stands i think Eubank Jr wins and very probably wins convincingly.

Chris Eubank Jr To Win

Fabio Wardley v Frazer Clarke
After their back and forth battle last time i'm looking forward to this one i have to say , i think Wardley (18 Fights - 17 Wins (16 KOs) - 1 Draw) edged it but a draw was a fair enough decision to be honest as a good case could be made for Clarke (9 Fights - 8 Wins (6 KOs) - 1 Draw). I have to say that i fancy Wardleys chances in this rematch , but i do have some lingering doubts , the main two are the fact that the scar tissue around his nose seems to be opening up regularly now which could be a problem and also the fact that he seemed to gas fairly early in the first fight. Clarke is the better boxer theres no doubt , and he had long spells in the fight where he looked more in control and the more composed of the two but he was hurt when Wardley got to him and i think that could well be a telling factor in this one as Wardley would of learned from that encounter and will hopefully have adjusted accordingly. Wardley only knows one way to fight , which is good for us i gotta say , and i see this one going the same way as the first , all action , blood and a lot of heart on show. I see Clarke trying to control the fight and counter whereas Wardley will be on the attack and looking for the openings to take advantage of. That first fight was the hardest that Clarke has had since hes been in the pro's whereas Wardley has been battles all through his career , amateur and professional , and i think hes better suited to these sort of fights to be honest. Both will have learned more from that first fight and will be implementing whatever tactics they and their trainers have discussed but i cant see nothing but another back and forth cracker of a fight. I think it'll be close once again but for me i see Wardley digging the deeper and emerging with his hand held up come the end.

Fabio Wardley To Win

Jai Opetaia v Jack Massey
Interesting bout that i'm quite looking forward to , Aussie Jai Opetaia (25 Fights - 25 Wins (19 KOs)) defends his IBF Cruiserweight title against Derbyshire lad Jack Massey (24 Fights - 22 Wins (12 KOs) - 2 Losses). I wouldnt describe this one as a top fight but its definatley an interesting one , Massey has only lost twice in his career , first time against Richard Riakporhe back in 2019 and then in 2023 he lost to heavyweight Joseph Parker , both by unanimous decision , and hes only been down once in his career to date (i think) and that was against Riakporhe , so i think its gonna be interesting to see how he copes with the power of Opetaia here. Alot of people are writing Massey off completely , and whilst i think its unlikely that he wins this one i dont think he can be written off as a no hoper and the fact that hes been the distance with the likes of both Riakporhe and Parker proves hes tough , durable and has a decent chin and he can box especially off the back foot. I see Opetaia starting well and quickly , but if Massey can withstand the onslaught i see him coming into it more in the latter half of the fight. Like i say i cant see Massey winning this tbh but he could give Opetaia a tough night.

Jai Opetaia To Win

Skye Nicolson v Raven Chapman
Another decent womens bout and another decent fight for the Beterbiev vs Bivol undercard , and one i'm looking forward to i have to say as one of em is gonna lose there unbeaten record. Nicolson (11 Fights - 11 Wins (1 KO)) won the WBC World Featherweight title in her penultimate fight by beating the decent Sarah Mahfoud by unanimous decision and she followed that up with another unanimous decision win in her first defence against Dyana Vargas back in July of this year. Chapman (9 Fights - 9 Wins (2 KOs)) retained the WBC Featherweight International title , which she won back in March 2022 , in her fourth defence of the belt last time by beating Yohana Sarabia by a UD. This is an intriguing match up i think as though i think Nicolson is the more skilled boxer of the two , Chapmans workrate and punch output makes things interesting for me. Chapman punches hard and means everything she throws , which could lead to some clinching from Nicolson but that could prove disasterous as Chapman is good on the inside and she often goes for the body if she finds herself in that position. Nicolson will probably be counterpunching and catching Chapman , from what ive seen so far both are up for this fight and as i say im looking forward to it , think its gonna be a close one , cant see a stoppage tbh think its gonna go to the cards , and im 50/50 as to who gets it if im being honest , but im gonna go with Skye Nicolson albeit with a bit of hesitation , although a Chapman wouldnt surprise and id like to see her take it as shes a Brit.

Skye Nicolson To Win

Ben Whittaker v Liam Cameron
Another bout im looking forward to and another one for the stacked Beterbiev / Bivol card , this one definatley throws up some interesting questions for me and for Whittaker imho. Whittaker (8 Fights - 8 Wins (5 KOs)) is definatley a talented individual , theres no doubt about that , but so far in his fights he has had a tendency to showboat and lark about and against someone like Cameron i dont think hes gonna be able to do that or hes gonna get chinned. Hes looked good in all his eight fights to date but the showboating for me does detract from his skillset , as i say thats come against lesser opposition against what he faces here though. Cameron (30 Fights - 23 Wins (10 KOs) - 6 Losses - 1 No Contest) came back to boxing in 2023 after failing a drug test after he beat Nicky Jenman to retain his Commonwealth Middleweight Title back in 2018 , he was subsequently banned for four years and announced his retirement but found his way back into the ring after a battle with the drink and the loss of his step daughter in a road accident so hes done well to fight his demons and get back to where he is. He made his comeback in 2023 and won his first three fights before meeting Lyndon Arthur last time for the vacant WBA Inter Continental Light Heavyweight Title , he lost by a split decision but put up a good fight in defeat , so for me hes gonna be a live threat to Whittaker. As i say Whittaker is skilful and has an abundance of talent , but i do question whether he has enough 'pop' in his shots as he climbs the ladder , this one will no doubt reveal more and as he meets better opposition hopefully the showboating will come to an end. Whittaker is 6 years younger than Cameron and has a 3 inch height advantage , and despite lacking the experience of Cameron i think he'll outbox his opponent for the majority of the fight. I see Whittaker winning come the bell , but can also see Cameron having his moments as well and dont think it will all be one way traffic.

Ben Whittaker To Win

Whittaker vs Cameron - Draw :hissyfit
Chris Eubank Wins :thumb
Skye Nicolson Wins :thumb
Jai Opetaia Wins :thumb
Fabio Wardley Wins :thumb
Artur Beterbiev Wins :thumb

Last edited:
Monday 14th October - Junto Nakatani v Petch CP Freshmart (Tasana Salapet)

The Rings P4P number 9 Junto Nakatani (28 Fights - 28 Wins (21 KOs)) defends his WBC Bantamweight crown in his third fight of the year against Thailands Petch CP Freshmart (real name Tasana Salapet) (77 Fights - 76 Wins (53 KOs) - 1 Loss) and in all honesty i think its gonna be a one sided affair. As you can see Salapet has a fair few fights under his belt so hes well experienced but in his 13 years as a pro the nearest hes come to a title fight is when he lost to Takuma Inoue back in 2018 when they fought for the interim Bantamweight title , so for me that kinda shows the level hes at and though he'll be trying i can only see a Nakatani win here , much the better boxer and has been operating at a much higher level.

Junto Nakatani To Win

JUNTO NAKATANI WINS :thumb

Saturday 19th October -

Adam Azim v Ohara Davies

Intriguing all British bout that sees the talented and unbeaten Azim (11 Fights - 11 Wins (8 KOs)) take on the experienced Davies (28 Fights - 25 Wins (18 KOs) - 3 Losses) in what should be an entertaining fight. Azim won the European Super Lightweight title back in November of last year when he beat Franck Petitjean by TKO and defended his title in his last outing by stopping Enock Poulsen , Davies will definatley be his sternest test to date although i have to say that i think Davies isnt the force of old , lost his last fight against Ismael Barroso by stoppage in January of this year but before that had stopped the decent Lewis Ritson ... has three losses on his record , the one against Barroso and the other two coming against Jack Catterall (2018) and Josh Taylor (2017) so hes only lost to quality opposition and has been operating at a much higher level than Azim .. and i think it reflects well on Azim that hes prepared to put his unbeaten record on the line against such an experienced opponent tbh , and i think it also shows that hes confident in his abilities , as he should be as from what i've seen thus far he looks to be a very decent prospect , decent skills and a decent punch and taking on someone of Davies' experience will show us where he is at this stage of his career. I think Davies can frustrate Azim and give him a few scares but ultimatley i see Azim coming through this test , possibly by stoppage.

Adam Azim To Win

Dan Azeez v Lewis Edmondson
Looking forward to this one , I like Azeez (22 Fights - 20 Wins (13 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) but in all honesty for me his last two bouts have been a bit lacklustre , in the first loss of his career , against Joshua Buatsi by unanimous decision , he put up a decent enough fight against a solid opponent but to me he just didnt seem right , i cant put my finger on it if im being honest but he definatley seem to be himself in the ring , and then last time he drew against the mediocre (imho) Croatian Hrvoje Sep in a bout that i honestly expected him to win so not sure what to make of all that tbh , the unbeaten Edmondson (9 Fights - 9 Wins (3 KOs)) will probably fancy his chances in this one i think especially given that he beat Azeez back in the amateurs (and sparred before as well). He beat Joel McIntyre last time , but this one will be his toughest test in the pro ranks to date by some way. This is one that Azeez has to win really if he wants to remain relevant in the contender stakes for major titles and obviously its important for Edmondson to try and continue his upward trajectory and to get a big name scalp on his pro resume. This is gonna be a close one to call i reckon , before the Buatsi fight i'd of been all for Azeez but im veering towards Edmondson in this i have to say , full of confidence and has beaten him in the amateurs , so i'll go against the grain and plump for Edmondson to win.

Lewis Edmondson to win

Tim Tszyu v Bakhram Murtazaliev
Definatley looking forward to this one as it should be a proper banger .. Tim Tszyu (25 Fights - 24 Wins (17 KOs) - 1 Loss) hasnt been seen since losing his unbeaten record to Sebastian Fundora back in May by a split decision , and that was unfortunate it has to be said as he suffered a horrific cut on his head and the blood from it was definatley affecting his ability to see , he was winning up to the point that happened and tbh i think the fight should of been stopped and gone to the cards or been declared a no contest but warrior that he is he carried on. Has to be said he never swerves a challenge and his comeback is against the man who alot of people think is the most avoided man of the division Bakhram Murtazaliev (22 Fights - 22 Wins (16 KOs)) , the unbeaten Russian put German Jack Culcay away last time to take the vacant IBF Superwelterweight belt , and it says alot about Tszyu that hes prepared to take this one as a comeback fight and it is a tough fight against a top tier opponent. Personally id of liked to of seen Tszyu take an easier fight as a comeback but as i say fair play to him and here we are .. think its gonna be a proper test for both fighters , Murtazaliev has a height and reach advantage and has an aggressive style , applying pressure from the first bell and trying to keep his opponents on the back foot but i have to say that Murtazaliev hasnt faced anyone of Tszyus boxing ability imho and i think that is in Tszyus favour here , both possess knockout power and it wouldnt surprise me if at sometime during the fight that one or both go down , but the fact that Tsyzu has been down before and gotten up and then beat his opponent makes me think that if this happens that another thing in his favour , Tszyu also has the speed and for me the boxing IQ to trouble Murtazaliev. Should be a good fight i reckon but i think 'The Soul Taker' takes it and makes a successful comeback and takes the title back to Australia.

Tim Tszyu To Win

Last edited:
Back