• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horses For Courses

Fingers crossed for Straitouttacompton then , i see it was on the drift late last night but tbh that doesnt bother me , horse doesnt know its price lol

I looked at Potters Legend and i think he has a decent each way chance , now 20-25/1 , so obviously a few others think so as well , despite not actually winning at the course hes placed twice from his two runs over todays CD , decent enough record in class 2s and the jockey gets on with him , ive seen worse each way shouts but as yer say is a veteran with no real room for improvement and isnt the most reliable and trainer aint been upto much lately and doesnt do particularly well at the course but i think i might join yer in a small ew to nothing

Got a run for our money , done well enough in 5th , good spot

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday 1st January

2.50 Musselburgh - Gaelik Coast 1 Point EW @ 4/1 :angry
GAELIK COAST is the only CD winner in the race , two from two over todays CD , and though i rate his chances highly theres a few niggling doubts im concerned about so ive opted for an each way , so that at a quarter the odds , if he ony manages to place at least thats money back , nothing lost and a nice little bonus should he win. Has won on his last 2 visits here and i think a return to this course could well pay dividends. Brian Hughes is in great form , having a 27% SR rate over the past fortnight , and he knows the horse well enough having ridden him 14 times (resulting in 5 wins and 2 places) , he has a none too shabby 21% strike rate at the Scottish track whilst trainer Donald Mccain has a 23% SR at the course and has a 24% strike rate over the past 2 weeks. When combining their talents the pair have an enviable 29% strike rate over the past 21 days and Hughes has won on the last two horses he's ridden for the trainer. As i said not 100% about the 100% but rates a solid chance imho.

2.35 Cheltenham - Kansas City Chief 0.5 Point EW @ 9/1 :thumb 2nd 14/1
Since having a come back run in Jersey after a break with 7lb claimer Victoria Malzard aboard the horse seems to have had a new lease of life. In the three runs since , all at Cheltenham , the horse has won twice and come third , all with Ms Malzard in the plate so the pair seem to have struck up a decent partnership (especially around Cheltenham). In total the pair have teamed up 5 times with 2 wins and 2 places the end result , the jockey has a 50% strike rate at the course and goes for just this one ride. The horse has 2 wins and 2 places from 7 runs over todays CD , which catches my eye as Cheltenham always strikes me as one of those tracks where proven course form is a definite aid to a horse. Trainer has 3 out today but only this one at Cheltenham where he has a 13% SR. Jockey and trainer are one from one over the past 3 weeks , and despite being the oldest horse in the race i dont think KANSAS CITY CHIEF is any sort of back number in this and i think he can go well here today.

1.43 Southwell - Straitouttacompton 0.5 Point EW @ 6/1 :angry
Well STRAITOUTTACOMPTON done this thread a favour when a sound third last time out over todays CD , that was coming on the back of a 174 day break so i think the horse will strip fitter for that run and will have bown the cobwebs away and go well again today. I also think that the re application of cheekpieces wont harm his chances either if im honest , and at the current price i think he rates a decent each way and can give a good account of himself , and be fighting out the finish , hopefully finishing a couple of places better than his last run.

Sorry SAMOAN , thought Straitouttacompton would do alot better than that !

January Totals

Bets 3
Won/Placed 1
EP -2.37
SP -1.75

Sunday 2nd January

2.20 Plumpton - I See You Well 1 Point EW @ 13/2 / Seaston Spirit 0.5 Point EW @ 16/1
To be totally honest this looks to be a wide open handicap chase where a whole host of the runners look to hold some sort of chance , but im going to side with a couple against the field. First on the list is I SEE YOU WELL , who is well proven here at Plumpton winning 5 of his 7 races at the course , would of liked to have seen him open up at a little bigger price but happy enough with it given his course form. It catches my eye that he's won his last 3 races here , all over 3 miles 1 1/2 furlongs , and despite (as yet) not winning over todays distance (in two attempts) i think he can go well and at the very least be fighting out for the minor honours , or im hoping so anyway. Jockey Sean Houlihan goes there for just this one ride today and he has a 14% SR over the past 3 weeks , whilst he has a strike rate of just 10% at Plumpton this improves dramatically when you concentrate solely on chasers where he returns with a very decent 25% strike rate. Trainer has a 12% SR at the course and once again concentrating on chases only see's this improve to a better looking 17%. Over the past 21 days trainer and jockey have a 33% SR , and to my eye everything points to a decent run being on the cards. The other horse i like is SEASTON SPIRIT , whose opened up at a much more attractive 16s , one from one over todays CD and has a win and a place from 4 runs at the course overall. The CD win came in this very race last year which he won by a comfortable 2 lengths , hasnt been in great form it has to be said , but comes into the race 3lb lower than last years win and i think he can go close in trying to retain his crown. Trainer Olly Sherwood hasnt been in great form but does have a more than respectable 19% strike rate at Plumpton and this increases to a far more eyecatching 28% when you're looking at chase races only. Jockey Jonathon Burke is a jockey i rate and he's been amongst the winners of late , winning both his rides on new years eve and coming into this with a 22% strike rate over the past fortnight. Seems to do well here at Plumpton with a 25% SR but that goes up to a whopping 43% when you look at his rides in chases , at the price im more than happy to take my chance.

Sunday 2nd January

2.20 Plumpton - I See You Well 1 Point EW @ 13/2 :angry / Seaston Spirit 0.5 Point EW @ 16/1 :angry
To be totally honest this looks to be a wide open handicap chase where a whole host of the runners look to hold some sort of chance , but im going to side with a couple against the field. First on the list is I SEE YOU WELL , who is well proven here at Plumpton winning 5 of his 7 races at the course , would of liked to have seen him open up at a little bigger price but happy enough with it given his course form. It catches my eye that he's won his last 3 races here , all over 3 miles 1 1/2 furlongs , and despite (as yet) not winning over todays distance (in two attempts) i think he can go well and at the very least be fighting out for the minor honours , or im hoping so anyway. Jockey Sean Houlihan goes there for just this one ride today and he has a 14% SR over the past 3 weeks , whilst he has a strike rate of just 10% at Plumpton this improves dramatically when you concentrate solely on chasers where he returns with a very decent 25% strike rate. Trainer has a 12% SR at the course and once again concentrating on chases only see's this improve to a better looking 17%. Over the past 21 days trainer and jockey have a 33% SR , and to my eye everything points to a decent run being on the cards. The other horse i like is SEASTON SPIRIT , whose opened up at a much more attractive 16s , one from one over todays CD and has a win and a place from 4 runs at the course overall. The CD win came in this very race last year which he won by a comfortable 2 lengths , hasnt been in great form it has to be said , but comes into the race 3lb lower than last years win and i think he can go close in trying to retain his crown. Trainer Olly Sherwood hasnt been in great form but does have a more than respectable 19% strike rate at Plumpton and this increases to a far more eyecatching 28% when you're looking at chase races only. Jockey Jonathon Burke is a jockey i rate and he's been amongst the winners of late , winning both his rides on new years eve and coming into this with a 22% strike rate over the past fortnight. Seems to do well here at Plumpton with a 25% SR but that goes up to a whopping 43% when you look at his rides in chases , at the price im more than happy to take my chance.

None for today obviously and nothing for Tuesday 4th , I was tempted by Cappananty Con (12.30 Lingfield) but tbh not really interested at the 6/1 on offer currently , and Merry Mistress in the 12.45 Hereford also caught my eye , but too many negatives for me to get involved so another blank day, see what Wednesday brings

Yeah just see that , flip flopping favourite with Howzak now , its not my money :lol

Well both turned out to be well swerved , Cappananty Con after being backed finished 4th at 5/1 and Merry Mistress finished 3rd at 7/2 , so for me thats money saved , anything for tomorrow will be posted up around 5/6 pm

Nothing for Wednesday 5th January either , a few on my radar but for various reasons have opted not to pull the trigger .. Lots of Luck in the 1.10 Ffos Las i think could go well but recent trainer form is putting me off , so a bit reluctantly im gonna swerve that one , in the 3.25 at the same meeting both Robin Of Sherwood and Echo Watt catch my eye , decent enough course form and more than capable on their day but they'd have to be showing more than they have for me to have a wager on em , and lastly Victory Rose in the 1.25 Wolverhampton , 2 from 2 over CD but has been off over 200 days and has never won coming back from a lay off altho i have a feeling could go well. Anyways onto Thursday

Thursday 6th January

6.30 Chelmsford - Vincenzo Coccotti 0.5 Point EW @ 12/1

Back