• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Tuesday 18th April

5.30 Lingfield - Forge Valley Lad 13/2 (365,Hills,SkyBet) :thumb 1st 7/1
Open looking 8 runner race where a few look to hold chances but the one that catches my eye is FORGE VALLEY LAD who had been holding his form well until upped in trip last time out (to 2m) where he came tenth of fourteen , returned to 1m4f (where he had been running well over) will i think see him put in a better performance. In his previous 4 races his figures were - 1,1,2,3 (over 1m2f and 1m4f). His course record also catches my eye , seems to run well here at Leafy more often than not , overall at the course he has three wins and seven places from 16 runs , when you look at his record over todays CD its even better with two wins and two places from five outings , and to further point out his preference for todays kind of trip his record over it reads two wins and three places from nine runs. David Simcock brings just this one to the meeting , and he's done well with his runners here this season with a 32% strike rate along with a healthy profit of +£16.46 , and over the last three weeks hes managed to knock out a 14% strike rate. Jamie Spencer in the hot seat and he has two wins and two places from six rides , so knows the horse well enough , and like the trainer has done well here this term with a 32% strike rate and a profit of +£15.82. Considering his liking for the track and the trip i think hes well worth a go at the price on offer.

8.30 Southwell - Blackjack 9/2 (Hills,SkyBet) :hissyfit- Thismydream 11/2 (Hills,Skybet,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Couple catch my attention in this one , first one is BLACKJACK , who i did put up earlier on the thread but was then declared as a non runner , comes into this on the back of a solid looking second at Chelmsford last time out at the beginning of the month , beaten a neck by Shalaa Asker , that looked to be a stronger race than this one and im thinking he can regain the winning thread here. Aside from the odd iffy run thrown in hes been running consistently well since coming back from a 130 day break back in October '22 - 3,4,2,2,4,8,1,9,1,2 and i can see no reason why he shouldnt go well again this evening. Has a good record here over CD , from 4 runs he has 2 wins and a place. Trainer Alan Brown has a 20% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 22.2% strike rate when sending them here this season whilst jockey Charlie Bennett comes here for just this one ride and has a win and a place from his two outings on the horse to date , doing well when coming here this term with a 16.7% strike rate. Should go well and i think at the 9/2 on offer hes well worth an interest. The other one i like is THISMYDREAM whose been ultra consistent since returning to action from a lay off back in December of last year - 4,2,1,2,2,2 .. been knocking on the door the last three times , not beaten far in any of them .. 1/2 length , 3/4 length and last time out 3/4 length .. despite running well hes only won the one race , over 5f here back in January , think he deserves another win for his consistency alone. Has never won over todays trip in twelve attempts , but has placed on five occasions. Hopefully he can rectify that tonight and come out in front. Michael Attwater not in the best of form but has been amongst the winners and he's one of those trainers whose runners you could never write off completely. Taylor Fisher comes here for this one ride , takes off a valuable 5lb which can only help , has ridden the horse twice before and been placed on both occasions. Been riding well at Shuvvel this season with a 33.3% strike rate alongside a profit of +£14.00. Think he's going to have to step up on previous efforts but hopefully can go well and give the principals something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
New Definition 8/1 Lost
Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
Double March 5/1 Lost
Too Much 6/1 Lost
The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
Sweet Mist 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

English Spirit 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Snooze Lane 7/2 Lost (3rd)
Kingdom Come 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st EV

Street Kid 13/2 Lost
Earlofthecotswolds 5/1 Lost
Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
San Andreas 13/2 Lost
Spring Promise 6/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10
Diderot 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 8/1

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
The King Of May 7/1 Lost
Digital 20/1 Lost
Makanah 7/1 Lost
Wise Eagle 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 9/1

Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
Doyannie 2/1 Lost
Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner
Prop Forward 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
Give A Little Back 9/4 Lost (2nd)
Topo Chico 15/2 Lost (2nd)
Annies Law 9/4 Lost
Blazing Son 9/2 :thumb 1st 10/3
Jems Bond 11/4 Lost (3rd)
Tohullnback 10/1 Lost
The Blame Game 13/2 Non Runner
Atomic Angel 7/1 :thumb 1st 9/2 (10p Rule 4 on EP)

Hostelry 14/1 Lost (2nd)
How Bizarre 13/2 Lost
Dashel Drasher 8/1 Lost
Onight 3/1 :thumb 1st 3/1
Forge Valley Lad 13/2 :thumb 1st 7/1

Blackjack 9/2 Lost
Thismydream 11/2 Lost

Bets 44 ... Won 10 ... EP +12.18 / SP +12.43

Friday 21st April

2.05 Newbury - Sir Thomas Gresham 16/1 (365)
Big field 6f handicap where quite a few of the runners could take a hand but i'm gonna come down on the side of SIR THOMAS GRESHAM , whose had a couple of runs after a long lay off of 1252 days , ran well enough on both occasions , 9th on return run and then a decent 5th of 14 last time out at Southwell , think those runs will have keyed him up enough to be spot on here (hopefully). Hasnt won since 2018 which is off putting obviously but has run well enough in defeat , and has obviously had problems hence the long lay off , but hopefully the new surroundings (left Tim Pinfield for Seamus Duracks yard) can help work the oracle and see him back in the winners enclosure. That last time out run (over 7f) shows he still retains ability and i think he can be considered a tad unlucky not to have finished closer. Given the ground and the likelyhood of rain according to the weather forecast it also caught my eye that hes 2 from 2 on soft ground and hes placed on his only start over todays CD. Seamus Durack runs just this one at the meeting and Paul Mulrennan makes the journey for just this one ride , rode him last time out which was his first time onboard the horse. All things considered at the price i think hes worth a shot to nothing.

3.50 Newbury - Novel Legend 4/1 (365)
Open looking class 2 handicap where i think NOVEL LEGEND can land the spoils , has improved since entering into handicaps (figures - 2,4,1,2,1) and i cant see any reason why he shouldnt go well again here this afternoon. Won nicely on his re appearance last time out , after 152 days off , beating First Emperor by a length and a quarter , that was only his second start over 2m ( -2,1 to date) so could easily improve at this distance as hes lightly raced and in the right hands with James Fanshawe. Horse has placed on only run here so cant seeing the track being a problem and has won on good-soft so going shouldnt pose a problem. Trainer brings just this one , and anything he runs warrants a second look if you ask me . whilst Daniel Muscutt gets the leg up on the horse , has ridden him four times before resulting in figures of - 7,4,2,1. Has been riding well of late with a 29% strike rate over the last fortnight. Should be on the premises making his presence felt at the business end of things.

4.40 Bath - Tralee Hills 9/1 (365) - Atalanta Breeze 11/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred)
The two top weights catch my eye in this one , first up TRALEE HILLS who was a solid fourth last time over 1m4f at Pontefract , that was his first race back after 74 days off course so hopefully that run will have blown the cobwebs away and he'll be 100% match fit for this one today , wont mind the step up to 1m6f as hes run well enough over the distance (and further) in the past. Is one from one here at Bath (1m3 1/2f) , and shouldnt mind the underfoot conditions either as hes won and placed on them before. Looks to me to be well enough drawn , has won off a higher mark than todays and i can see him going well this afternoon. Trainer Simon Hodgson sends just this one to the course today , and William Carver , who has two wins and two places from his 12 rides on the horse , also travels to the meeting for this one ride. Takes off a handy 3lb , and as i say i think he can go well at a decent price. The other top weight is ATALANTA BREEZE whose coming back from a 98 day break , was a sound enough 4th when last seen at Lingfield over 1m4f , but what caught my eye the most was her record on turf .. 3 wins and a second from just 5 runs , plus she seems to do well after a break , has won three times coming back from a lay off (and run well on other occasions) so maybe the best time to catch her is fresh (and on turf ?!) .. has won on her only outing here at Bath , and has run well on Gd-Sft before so i can see no reason why she shouldnt be able to put her best hoove forward this afternoon. Trainer Marcus Tregoning has just this at the course today , and when sending his runners to Bath he has a 22% strike rate overall , and claimer Harry Davies is in the hot seat , won on his only ride on the mare , last year on her sole start of the season which she won, and his 3lb claim can only help the cause imho , hes been riding well lately with a 30% strike rate over the last 21 days and has a 25% strike rate when coming to Bath. All things considered definite chance at a tasty price.

Friday 21st April

2.05 Newbury - Sir Thomas Gresham 16/1 (365) :hissyfit
Big field 6f handicap where quite a few of the runners could take a hand but i'm gonna come down on the side of SIR THOMAS GRESHAM , whose had a couple of runs after a long lay off of 1252 days , ran well enough on both occasions , 9th on return run and then a decent 5th of 14 last time out at Southwell , think those runs will have keyed him up enough to be spot on here (hopefully). Hasnt won since 2018 which is off putting obviously but has run well enough in defeat , and has obviously had problems hence the long lay off , but hopefully the new surroundings (left Tim Pinfield for Seamus Duracks yard) can help work the oracle and see him back in the winners enclosure. That last time out run (over 7f) shows he still retains ability and i think he can be considered a tad unlucky not to have finished closer. Given the ground and the likelyhood of rain according to the weather forecast it also caught my eye that hes 2 from 2 on soft ground and hes placed on his only start over todays CD. Seamus Durack runs just this one at the meeting and Paul Mulrennan makes the journey for just this one ride , rode him last time out which was his first time onboard the horse. All things considered at the price i think hes worth a shot to nothing.

3.50 Newbury - Novel Legend 4/1 (365) :thumb 1st 11/5
Open looking class 2 handicap where i think NOVEL LEGEND can land the spoils , has improved since entering into handicaps (figures - 2,4,1,2,1) and i cant see any reason why he shouldnt go well again here this afternoon. Won nicely on his re appearance last time out , after 152 days off , beating First Emperor by a length and a quarter , that was only his second start over 2m ( -2,1 to date) so could easily improve at this distance as hes lightly raced and in the right hands with James Fanshawe. Horse has placed on only run here so cant seeing the track being a problem and has won on good-soft so going shouldnt pose a problem. Trainer brings just this one , and anything he runs warrants a second look if you ask me . whilst Daniel Muscutt gets the leg up on the horse , has ridden him four times before resulting in figures of - 7,4,2,1. Has been riding well of late with a 29% strike rate over the last fortnight. Should be on the premises making his presence felt at the business end of things.

4.40 Bath - Tralee Hills 9/1 (365) :thumb 1st 6/1 - Atalanta Breeze 11/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred) :hissyfit
The two top weights catch my eye in this one , first up TRALEE HILLS who was a solid fourth last time over 1m4f at Pontefract , that was his first race back after 74 days off course so hopefully that run will have blown the cobwebs away and he'll be 100% match fit for this one today , wont mind the step up to 1m6f as hes run well enough over the distance (and further) in the past. Is one from one here at Bath (1m3 1/2f) , and shouldnt mind the underfoot conditions either as hes won and placed on them before. Looks to me to be well enough drawn , has won off a higher mark than todays and i can see him going well this afternoon. Trainer Simon Hodgson sends just this one to the course today , and William Carver , who has two wins and two places from his 12 rides on the horse , also travels to the meeting for this one ride. Takes off a handy 3lb , and as i say i think he can go well at a decent price. The other top weight is ATALANTA BREEZE whose coming back from a 98 day break , was a sound enough 4th when last seen at Lingfield over 1m4f , but what caught my eye the most was her record on turf .. 3 wins and a second from just 5 runs , plus she seems to do well after a break , has won three times coming back from a lay off (and run well on other occasions) so maybe the best time to catch her is fresh (and on turf ?!) .. has won on her only outing here at Bath , and has run well on Gd-Sft before so i can see no reason why she shouldnt be able to put her best hoove forward this afternoon. Trainer Marcus Tregoning has just this at the course today , and when sending his runners to Bath he has a 22% strike rate overall , and claimer Harry Davies is in the hot seat , won on his only ride on the mare , last year on her sole start of the season which she won, and his 3lb claim can only help the cause imho , hes been riding well lately with a 30% strike rate over the last 21 days and has a 25% strike rate when coming to Bath. All things considered definite chance at a tasty price.

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
New Definition 8/1 Lost
Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
Double March 5/1 Lost
Too Much 6/1 Lost
The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
Sweet Mist 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Kingdom Come 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st EV

Street Kid 13/2 Lost
Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
San Andreas 13/2 Lost
Spring Promise 6/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10
Diderot 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 8/1

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
The King Of May 7/1 Lost
Digital 20/1 Lost
Makanah 7/1 Lost
Wise Eagle 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 9/1

Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
Doyannie 2/1 Lost
Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner
Prop Forward 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
Annies Law 9/4 Lost
Blazing Son 9/2 :thumb 1st 10/3
Tohullnback 10/1 Lost
Atomic Angel 7/1 :thumb 1st 9/2 (10p Rule 4 on EP)

Hostelry 14/1 Lost (2nd)
How Bizarre 13/2 Lost
Dashel Drasher 8/1 Lost
Onight 3/1 :thumb 1st 3/1
Forge Valley Lad 13/2 :thumb 1st 7/1

Blackjack 9/2 Lost
Thismydream 11/2 Lost
Sir Thomas Gresham 16/1 Lost
Novel Legend 4/1 :thumb 1st 11/5
Tralee Hills 9/1 :thumb 1st 6/1

Atalanta Breeze 11/1 Lost

Bets 48 ... Won 12 ... EP +23.18 / SP +18.63

Saturday 22nd April

6.15 Brighton - Tintoretto 5/1 (Hills,SkyBet,Coral,Hills) - Poetic Force 9/1 (365)
Two for me in this one , firstly TINTORETTO who won nicely enough last time at Wolverhampton , beating Sharvara by 1/2 length , has gone up 2lb for that but still looks fairly treated to me , has won and gone close off higher , and easy to see him going well again. Was done by a short head into second on his only visit to the course , back in August last year , so the fact he hasnt won here doesnt concern me as he has run well here and doesnt look badly drawn. Tom Ward sends just this one to the meeting , has a 17% strike rate in the last two weeks , whilst Hayley Turner gets the leg up for the first time , shes been riding well lately with a 15.4% strike rate over the last month , and when the trainer and jockey have teamed up in the past three weeks they come away with a 100% strike rate. Definatley worth a go at the price imo. POETIC FORCE is the other one that caught my eye , has been holding his form pretty well , does throw in the odd duffer , but hey ho you cant have everything ! .. was sixth of seven last time at Chelmsford but had been running better in previous two races (first and fourth) , has placed on his sole start over CD , whilst at the course overall he has a win and three places from eight runs. Trainer Tony Carroll has a 14% strike rate when sending them here , usual jockey Mollie Philips in the saddle , and she comes here for this one ride , and she has a 11% strike rate when coming to Brighton. She has two wins and four places from her 13 outings on the horse , not a sure thing by any means but if on song he can definatley make his presence felt at a nice price.

6.45 Brighton - Junoesque 7/1 (365) - Asense 5/1 (365)
Open looking handicap where i like the look of two against the field , first on the list is JUNOESQUE who arrives on the back of a break of 186 days but has won after a lay off in the past so hopefully will come in to this fit , and ready to roll. The thing that caught my eye is the fact she seems to love it round here with eight wins and three places from her twenty two runs at the track , and that gets better when you look at her efforts over this evenings CD , four wins and two places from ten runs. So theres no doubting that she likes it here at Brighton. Another thing that caught my eye and ticked the right box is she that gets in here off a decent mark , having won off higher in the past. Trainer John Gallagher has a respectable enough 15% strike rate at the course whilst jockey Kayla Fraser takes off a valuable 7lb , and comes here for just this one ride. Has ridden the horse twice before .. last two races of last season coming 4th and 2nd , has been in good form lately with a 50% strike rate in the past two weeks. can see her going close if fit and ready. ASENSE is the other horse i like the look of , still a maiden , but has run well in defeat , with her two seconds both coming over CD. In fact at the end of last season she had three races , all here at Brighton , one over 1m4f where she came 4th and the other two , where she come second as previously mentioned , over todays CD of 1m2f , so i think that it wont be long before she loses that maiden tag. Obviously a bit of concern that shes returning from a 200 day lay off but im hopeful that the trainer has her ready to go , and that she'll carry on where she left off last season. Trainer Gary Moore sends two to the meeting , and both are in this race (and i'd have to give a chance to his other runner Stormingin) , been bang in form of late with a 34% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 15% strike rate overall when sending them here. Jockey Rhys Clutterbuck hasnt been in the best of form tbh but hes placed once from his two rides on the horse and the trainer knows better than me. Hopefully can start as she means to go on and get the season off to a flyer , and lose that maiden tag.

7.00 Nottingham - Eponina 8/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Nine Elms 11/4 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A couple interest me in this handicap , first one is NINE ELMS who is vying for favouritism at the moment , comes into this on the back of a length and a half win over Big Bear Hug over tonights CD , think he could of won by further imho and i'm doubting that a 3lb rise can stop him from going in again despite the rise in class (though he has never won a class 5 in 3 attempts it has to be said but those runs were back in 2019 so definatley worth a go now i think). Always seems to run well here , is one from one over CD , and at the course as a whole he has three wins and a place from seven runs , so couldnt honestly be discounted round a track he clearly thrives at - his last three wins have all come here at Nottingham. Trainer Roy Bowring has a 50% strike rate over the past two weeks and sends just this one to the meeting tonight , whilst jockey Lewis Edmunds who rode him to that last time out victory is in the saddle once again , has ridden him 26 times to date resulting in four wins and seven places so knows the horse inside out. Has a 50% strike rate this term when coming to the course and when teaming up with the trainer they have a 16% strike rate over the last three weeks. Should be in the firing line. The other one i like is EPONINA who made a modest return to racecourse action last time when sixth at Wolverhampton , beaten 2 lengths by the re opposing Victoria Falls , but i think now she has that initial run out of the way she'll improve and can reverse that last time out form , especially as she seems to act alot better on turf than she does the all weather , has never won on the AW in 31 races , but has won 9 times and placed a further 8 in 34 outings on turf so im hoping that she can be seen in a much better light here today. Like the other selection she seems to like it round here with 3 wins and a place from 7 runs over CD so definatley has a shout in this tight looking race. Michael Appleby sends just this one to the meeting and he seems to do okay round here with a 16% strike rate overall , whilst Theodore Ladd is also here for just this one , has been riding well lately with a 33% strike rate over the past two weeks , has won on the horse four times before , and placed in a further four , from his 24 rides. Should be making her presence felt when it matters i think and well worth a go at the price on offer.

7.30 Nottingham - Nader King 3/1 (Coral,Lads)
Probably gonna regret going against (yet) another Charlie Appleby favourite but i really do like the look of NADER KING in this maiden stakes race , improved on debut run to come second when last seen , and i think that the racecourse experience will hopefully prove to be the tipping point with further development likely to come .. tipping towards the selection. Been off 192 days but cant see the trainer running him if he didnt think he'd do himself justice and was fit and ready , and looks the sort to make a decent 3 year old and imo this step up in trip should bring about some improvement as well. Michael Stoute sends just this one to the course this evening , and lets face it hes as shrewd as they come so that has to be noted , has a 40% strike rate over the past fortnight , and has a 19% strike rate when sending them to Nottingham overall. Richard Kingscote gets the ride and he rode him to the last time out second , has a 18% strike rate in the last two weeks. Should be there or thereabouts when it matters most.

Saturday 22nd April

6.15 Brighton - Tintoretto 5/1 (Hills,SkyBet,Coral,Hills) :hissyfit- Poetic Force 9/1 (365) :hissyfit
Two for me in this one , firstly TINTORETTO who won nicely enough last time at Wolverhampton , beating Sharvara by 1/2 length , has gone up 2lb for that but still looks fairly treated to me , has won and gone close off higher , and easy to see him going well again. Was done by a short head into second on his only visit to the course , back in August last year , so the fact he hasnt won here doesnt concern me as he has run well here and doesnt look badly drawn. Tom Ward sends just this one to the meeting , has a 17% strike rate in the last two weeks , whilst Hayley Turner gets the leg up for the first time , shes been riding well lately with a 15.4% strike rate over the last month , and when the trainer and jockey have teamed up in the past three weeks they come away with a 100% strike rate. Definatley worth a go at the price imo. POETIC FORCE is the other one that caught my eye , has been holding his form pretty well , does throw in the odd duffer , but hey ho you cant have everything ! .. was sixth of seven last time at Chelmsford but had been running better in previous two races (first and fourth) , has placed on his sole start over CD , whilst at the course overall he has a win and three places from eight runs. Trainer Tony Carroll has a 14% strike rate when sending them here , usual jockey Mollie Philips in the saddle , and she comes here for this one ride , and she has a 11% strike rate when coming to Brighton. She has two wins and four places from her 13 outings on the horse , not a sure thing by any means but if on song he can definatley make his presence felt at a nice price.

6.45 Brighton - Junoesque 7/1 (365) :hissyfit- Asense 5/1 (365) :hissyfit
Open looking handicap where i like the look of two against the field , first on the list is JUNOESQUE who arrives on the back of a break of 186 days but has won after a lay off in the past so hopefully will come in to this fit , and ready to roll. The thing that caught my eye is the fact she seems to love it round here with eight wins and three places from her twenty two runs at the track , and that gets better when you look at her efforts over this evenings CD , four wins and two places from ten runs. So theres no doubting that she likes it here at Brighton. Another thing that caught my eye and ticked the right box is she that gets in here off a decent mark , having won off higher in the past. Trainer John Gallagher has a respectable enough 15% strike rate at the course whilst jockey Kayla Fraser takes off a valuable 7lb , and comes here for just this one ride. Has ridden the horse twice before .. last two races of last season coming 4th and 2nd , has been in good form lately with a 50% strike rate in the past two weeks. can see her going close if fit and ready. ASENSE is the other horse i like the look of , still a maiden , but has run well in defeat , with her two seconds both coming over CD. In fact at the end of last season she had three races , all here at Brighton , one over 1m4f where she came 4th and the other two , where she come second as previously mentioned , over todays CD of 1m2f , so i think that it wont be long before she loses that maiden tag. Obviously a bit of concern that shes returning from a 200 day lay off but im hopeful that the trainer has her ready to go , and that she'll carry on where she left off last season. Trainer Gary Moore sends two to the meeting , and both are in this race (and i'd have to give a chance to his other runner Stormingin) , been bang in form of late with a 34% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 15% strike rate overall when sending them here. Jockey Rhys Clutterbuck hasnt been in the best of form tbh but hes placed once from his two rides on the horse and the trainer knows better than me. Hopefully can start as she means to go on and get the season off to a flyer , and lose that maiden tag.

7.00 Nottingham - Eponina 8/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit- Nine Elms 11/4 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 4/1
A couple interest me in this handicap , first one is NINE ELMS who is vying for favouritism at the moment , comes into this on the back of a length and a half win over Big Bear Hug over tonights CD , think he could of won by further imho and i'm doubting that a 3lb rise can stop him from going in again despite the rise in class (though he has never won a class 5 in 3 attempts it has to be said but those runs were back in 2019 so definatley worth a go now i think). Always seems to run well here , is one from one over CD , and at the course as a whole he has three wins and a place from seven runs , so couldnt honestly be discounted round a track he clearly thrives at - his last three wins have all come here at Nottingham. Trainer Roy Bowring has a 50% strike rate over the past two weeks and sends just this one to the meeting tonight , whilst jockey Lewis Edmunds who rode him to that last time out victory is in the saddle once again , has ridden him 26 times to date resulting in four wins and seven places so knows the horse inside out. Has a 50% strike rate this term when coming to the course and when teaming up with the trainer they have a 16% strike rate over the last three weeks. Should be in the firing line. The other one i like is EPONINA who made a modest return to racecourse action last time when sixth at Wolverhampton , beaten 2 lengths by the re opposing Victoria Falls , but i think now she has that initial run out of the way she'll improve and can reverse that last time out form , especially as she seems to act alot better on turf than she does the all weather , has never won on the AW in 31 races , but has won 9 times and placed a further 8 in 34 outings on turf so im hoping that she can be seen in a much better light here today. Like the other selection she seems to like it round here with 3 wins and a place from 7 runs over CD so definatley has a shout in this tight looking race. Michael Appleby sends just this one to the meeting and he seems to do okay round here with a 16% strike rate overall , whilst Theodore Ladd is also here for just this one , has been riding well lately with a 33% strike rate over the past two weeks , has won on the horse four times before , and placed in a further four , from his 24 rides. Should be making her presence felt when it matters i think and well worth a go at the price on offer.

7.30 Nottingham - Nader King 3/1 (Coral,Lads) :thumb 1st 5/4 (15p Rule 4 on EP)
Probably gonna regret going against (yet) another Charlie Appleby favourite but i really do like the look of NADER KING in this maiden stakes race , improved on debut run to come second when last seen , and i think that the racecourse experience will hopefully prove to be the tipping point with further development likely to come .. tipping towards the selection. Been off 192 days but cant see the trainer running him if he didnt think he'd do himself justice and was fit and ready , and looks the sort to make a decent 3 year old and imo this step up in trip should bring about some improvement as well. Michael Stoute sends just this one to the course this evening , and lets face it hes as shrewd as they come so that has to be noted , has a 40% strike rate over the past fortnight , and has a 19% strike rate when sending them to Nottingham overall. Richard Kingscote gets the ride and he rode him to the last time out second , has a 18% strike rate in the last two weeks. Should be there or thereabouts when it matters most.

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
New Definition 8/1 Lost
Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
Double March 5/1 Lost
Too Much 6/1 Lost
The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
Sweet Mist 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Kingdom Come 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st EV

Street Kid 13/2 Lost
Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
San Andreas 13/2 Lost
Spring Promise 6/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10

Diderot 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 8/1

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
The King Of May 7/1 Lost
Digital 20/1 Lost
Makanah 7/1 Lost
Wise Eagle 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 9/1

Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
Doyannie 2/1 Lost
Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner
Prop Forward 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
Annie Law 9/4 Lost
Blazing Son 9/2
thumbup.gif
1st 10/3

Tohullnback 10/1 Lost
Atomic Angel 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 9/2 (10p Rule 4 on EP)

Hostelry 14/1 Lost (2nd)
How Bizzare 13/2 Lost
Dashel Drasher 8/1 Lost
Onight 3/1
thumbup.gif
1st 3/1

Forge Valley Lad 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Blackjack 9/2 Lost
Thismydream 11/2 Lost
Novel Legend 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/5

Tralee Hills 9/1
thumbup.gif
1st 6/1

Tintoretto 5/1 Lost
Poetic Force 9/1 Lost
Junoesque 7/1 Lost
Asense 5/1 Lost
Eponina 8/1 Lost
Nine Elms 11/4 :thumb 1st 4/1
Nader King 3/1 :thumb 1st 5/4 (15p Rule 4 on EP)

Bets 48 ... Won 12 ... EP +23.48 / SP +19.38

Monday 24th April

4.55 Windsor - Mrs Meader 11/4 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred)
MRS MEADER catches my eye in this one , made a pleasing enough return last time out when fourth of twelve at Doncaster at the beginning of the month , and should come on for that initial run hopefully. Had a great 2022 with figures of - 4,3,1,2,1,1 and im hoping now that she has that first run of the season out of the way she'll have blown the cobwebs away and can continue where she left off last term .. namely , winning ! Hasnt won at todays distance but has placed twice from her three runs , and hasnt won at the course but , again , has run well here , placing on both occasions shes ran here. Julia Fielden brings just this one here today , and Dylan Hogan gets the ride , hasnt won on the horse in five rides which is a tad concerning it has to be said , but given the horses overall profile i think shes worth a go to get back to winning ways.

3.35 Pontefract - Global Spirit 8/1 (365)
Open looking handicap where a lot of the runners look to hold a chance but im going with GLOBAL SPIRIT who has run well on both starts since returning to the fray after a 160 day break. Has come third on both starts this term and if in the same sort of form as those two outings then should be making his presence felt where it matters. Has won both his starts to date over todays CD , and the return here is another thing that i think will bring about a bit of improvement. Trainer Roger Fell knows the time of day and he does well when sending his runners to Pontefract , with a 17.2% strike rate. Jockey Johnny Peate hasnt been in the best of form admittedly but hes decent on his day , which im hoping today is one , and hes here for just this one ride. Given the 8s on offer i think hes definatley worth a punt.

5.55 Kempton - Bun Doran 10/1 (SkyBet,Hills,Coral,BFred)
A few look as though thay're capable of taking a hand in this but i'm going to side with the old boy of the field in BUN DORAN , he might be the oldest in the field but i dont think hes a back number just yet , as is proven by his figures since returning from 223 days off back in November '22 - 4,2,4,1,3 ... the two fourths both came in class twos , the second a class two and the last two races were both class threes , as is todays race. So , despite being a veteran , hes still more than capable on his day at the grand old age of twelve. Won on his penultimate outing at Sandown back in February and followed that up last time out with a solid third at Warwick. Has never run over todays trip but i think its worth a go and that it should be okay , has won off higher than todays mark and has won and placed on his two runs here at Kempton. Think its interesting that Harry Cobden is on board for the first time , has a 25.8% strike rate here this season and has an 18% strike rate over the last fortnight. Trainer Tom George sends just this one to the meeting , and hes one of those trainers whose runners you have to take seriously imho , all things considered i think the selection is well worth a punt at a decent price.

Monday 24th April

4.55 Windsor - Mrs Meader 11/4 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred)
MRS MEADER catches my eye in this one , made a pleasing enough return last time out when fourth of twelve at Doncaster at the beginning of the month , and should come on for that initial run hopefully. Had a great 2022 with figures of - 4,3,1,2,1,1 and im hoping now that she has that first run of the season out of the way she'll have blown the cobwebs away and can continue where she left off last term .. namely , winning ! Hasnt won at todays distance but has placed twice from her three runs , and hasnt won at the course but , again , has run well here , placing on both occasions shes ran here. Julia Fielden brings just this one here today , and Dylan Hogan gets the ride , hasnt won on the horse in five rides which is a tad concerning it has to be said , but given the horses overall profile i think shes worth a go to get back to winning ways.

3.35 Pontefract - Global Spirit 8/1 (365) :hissyfit
Open looking handicap where a lot of the runners look to hold a chance but im going with GLOBAL SPIRIT who has run well on both starts since returning to the fray after a 160 day break. Has come third on both starts this term and if in the same sort of form as those two outings then should be making his presence felt where it matters. Has won both his starts to date over todays CD , and the return here is another thing that i think will bring about a bit of improvement. Trainer Roger Fell knows the time of day and he does well when sending his runners to Pontefract , with a 17.2% strike rate. Jockey Johnny Peate hasnt been in the best of form admittedly but hes decent on his day , which im hoping today is one , and hes here for just this one ride. Given the 8s on offer i think hes definatley worth a punt.

5.55 Kempton - Bun Doran 10/1 (SkyBet,Hills,Coral,BFred)
A few look as though thay're capable of taking a hand in this but i'm going to side with the old boy of the field in BUN DORAN , he might be the oldest in the field but i dont think hes a back number just yet , as is proven by his figures since returning from 223 days off back in November '22 - 4,2,4,1,3 ... the two fourths both came in class twos , the second a class two and the last two races were both class threes , as is todays race. So , despite being a veteran , hes still more than capable on his day at the grand old age of twelve. Won on his penultimate outing at Sandown back in February and followed that up last time out with a solid third at Warwick. Has never run over todays trip but i think its worth a go and that it should be okay , has won off higher than todays mark and has won and placed on his two runs here at Kempton. Think its interesting that Harry Cobden is on board for the first time , has a 25.8% strike rate here this season and has an 18% strike rate over the last fortnight. Trainer Tom George sends just this one to the meeting , and hes one of those trainers whose runners you have to take seriously imho , all things considered i think the selection is well worth a punt at a decent price.

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
New Definition 8/1 Lost
Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
Double March 5/1 Lost
Too Much 6/1 Lost
The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
Sweet Mist 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Kingdom Come 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st EV

Street Kid 13/2 Lost
Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
San Andreas 13/2 Lost
Spring Promise 6/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10
Diderot 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 8/1

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
The King Of May 7/1 Lost
Digital 20/1 Lost
Makanah 7/1 Lost
Wise Eagle 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 9/1

Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
Doyannie 2/1 Lost
Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner
Prop Forward 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
Annie Law 9/4 Lost
Blazing Son 9/2
thumbup.gif
1st 10/3

Tohullnback 10/1 Lost
Atomic Angel 7/1
thumbup.gif

Hostelry 14/1 Lost (2nd)
How Bizzare 13/2 Lost
Dashel Drasher 8/1 Lost
Onight 3/1
thumbup.gif
1st 3/1
Forge Valley Lad 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Blackjack 9/2 Lost
Thismydream 11/2 Lost
Novel Legend 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/5
Tralee Hills 9/1
thumbup.gif
1st 6/1

Tintoretto 5/1 Lost
Poetic Force 9/1 Lost
Junoesque 7/1 Lost
Asense 5/1 Lost
Eponina 8/1 Lost

Global Spirit 8/1 Lost
Bun Doran 10/1 Lost
Mrs Meader 11/4 Lost

Bets 51 ... Won 12 ... EP +20.48 / SP +16.38

Tuesday 25th April

3.00 Epsom - Soto Sizzler 9/1 (365)
A few good uns go in this one but im going with SOTO SIZZLER who gets in off the same mark as when he won this race last year , ran poorly first time up for trainer Gary Moore , coming 12th of 13 , but was coming back from a break as well and looking through his form he hasnt usually ran well after a lay off so not too bothered about that effort , hopefully he'll come on for that run and for the re introduction of cheekpieces by his new trainer. Main thing that catches my eye is his form here at Epsom , hasnt been out of the first two in six races - 1,1,2,2,1,2 , so you couldnt write him off round here tbh. Trainer has a 31% strike rate over the last 21 days , whilst jockey Tom Queally comes here for just this one ride (has ridden him once to date , last time out) and he too has been amongst the winners of late with a 24% strike rate over the last three weeks , and when trainer / jockey have teamed up over the same period they come away with a 25% strike rate. If on song , can go well in the hope of retaining his crown.

5.55 Wolverhampton - Haseef 9/1 (365) - Caracristi 11/2 (365)
Open looking race where a few have chances but two in particular catch my eye , HASEEF is the first one , been a bit hit and miss of late have to be honest but generally speaking has been pretty consistent overall , running well without winning. Has run well both times hes ran here at Wolverhampton , placing on both occasions , and both of those were over this evenings CD (his only tries at the trip). Has been running over further of late but looking through his form he seems to be better around this sort of trip , so im hoping a decent showing is on the cards. Now with trainer Adam Nicol , first run for stable today , i think its interesting that the trainer sends just this one to the meeting , making him the longest traveller of the meeting , and that hes dropped him in trip and added first time cheekpieces. Jockey Aiden Brookes gets the steering job for the first time and despite the horse being a maiden im thinking he can go well and take a well deserved win in his 23rd race. CARACRISTI is the other one i like , was 9th last time out at Bath but won on penultimate run here , and i think now hes being returned to the all weather we can expect a much better showing as his record on the artificial surfaces reads - 13 runs , 2 wins and 6 places (whereas on turf it reads - 14 runs , 1 win , 2 places) so seems to act better on the all weather. Decent record here at Wolverhampton , two wins and two places from seven outings. Trainer Phil Kirby has an 18.2% strike rate here this season , and jockey Madi Patzelt is here for this one ride , takes off a valuable 7lb and seems to get on well with the horse with a win and three places from six rides. Dont think he'll be far away now returned to his favoured surface.

8.30 Wolverhampton - Native Beach 7/2 (365) - So Chic 7/1 (365)
A couple of the eight runners interest me in this handicap , firstly NATIVE BEACH who won nicely enough last time out , over 7f here at Wolverhampton , beating Ray Vonn by 1/2 length. This step up in trip shouldnt prove to troublesome as he has run well over 1 mile in the past , second at Chelmsford in October of 2022. Makes his handicap debut here tonight and has , what i think , is a workable mark , and i can see him going close. Trainer Mark Todd is bang in form at the moment with a 42.9% strike rate over the past month and is two from two when sending runners here this season , so the fact that he sends just this one here stood out to me , regular pilot George Rooke in the plate and he too comes here for just this one , and he's doing well here this term with a 33.3% strike rate. When the pair have pooled their talents over the last three weeks they have a 66% strike rate. Everything points to a solid effort for me. SO CHIC is the other one i like , won here on penultimate start (over 7f) but could only manage ninth last time out , that run can be excused i think as she didnt get a clear run when it mattered , and i think better can be expected here this evening at a track she seems to like , two wins and a place from four runs. Charlie Hills brings just this one to the meeting and hes been enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 29.4% strike rate in the past month , along with a +£18.62 profit. Been doing well when sending his horses here this season with a 38.5% strike rate so you'd have to give any thing he sends here a second look. Jockey Kieran Shoemark has ridden him four times , resulting in two places , and he too has been doing well over the last month with a 17.4% strike rate along with a small profit. When the pair have partnered up in the last three weeks they've managed a 20% strike rate. Think she can go close here this evening.

9.00 Wolverhampton - Dark Design 8/1 (365)
A few of these come into this on the back of decent last time efforts but im siding with DARK DESIGN who was poorly drawn last time out at Leafy when only managing fifth , and i think he go can go better here today now he has a better berth. A couple of these were in front of him that day but im fairly confident that he can turn that form around this evening. Has never won here at Wolverhampton but has placed in every run (three). Henry Spiller brings just this one here this evening , which caught my eye , and jockey Ray Dawson has a win and a fourth from his two rides on the horse , been riding well with a 20% strike rate in the last fortnight , all things considered i think he can go close at a nice price.

Tuesday 25th April

3.00 Epsom - Soto Sizzler 9/1 (365) :hissyfit 3rd
A few good uns go in this one but im going with SOTO SIZZLER who gets in off the same mark as when he won this race last year , ran poorly first time up for trainer Gary Moore , coming 12th of 13 , but was coming back from a break as well and looking through his form he hasnt usually ran well after a lay off so not too bothered about that effort , hopefully he'll come on for that run and for the re introduction of cheekpieces by his new trainer. Main thing that catches my eye is his form here at Epsom , hasnt been out of the first two in six races - 1,1,2,2,1,2 , so you couldnt write him off round here tbh. Trainer has a 31% strike rate over the last 21 days , whilst jockey Tom Queally comes here for just this one ride (has ridden him once to date , last time out) and he too has been amongst the winners of late with a 24% strike rate over the last three weeks , and when trainer / jockey have teamed up over the same period they come away with a 25% strike rate. If on song , can go well in the hope of retaining his crown.

5.55 Wolverhampton - Haseef 9/1 (365) :hissyfit- Caracristi 11/2 (365) :hissyfit 3rd
Open looking race where a few have chances but two in particular catch my eye , HASEEF is the first one , been a bit hit and miss of late have to be honest but generally speaking has been pretty consistent overall , running well without winning. Has run well both times hes ran here at Wolverhampton , placing on both occasions , and both of those were over this evenings CD (his only tries at the trip). Has been running over further of late but looking through his form he seems to be better around this sort of trip , so im hoping a decent showing is on the cards. Now with trainer Adam Nicol , first run for stable today , i think its interesting that the trainer sends just this one to the meeting , making him the longest traveller of the meeting , and that hes dropped him in trip and added first time cheekpieces. Jockey Aiden Brookes gets the steering job for the first time and despite the horse being a maiden im thinking he can go well and take a well deserved win in his 23rd race. CARACRISTI is the other one i like , was 9th last time out at Bath but won on penultimate run here , and i think now hes being returned to the all weather we can expect a much better showing as his record on the artificial surfaces reads - 13 runs , 2 wins and 6 places (whereas on turf it reads - 14 runs , 1 win , 2 places) so seems to act better on the all weather. Decent record here at Wolverhampton , two wins and two places from seven outings. Trainer Phil Kirby has an 18.2% strike rate here this season , and jockey Madi Patzelt is here for this one ride , takes off a valuable 7lb and seems to get on well with the horse with a win and three places from six rides. Dont think he'll be far away now returned to his favoured surface.

8.30 Wolverhampton - Native Beach 7/2 (365) - So Chic 7/1 (365)
A couple of the eight runners interest me in this handicap , firstly NATIVE BEACH who won nicely enough last time out , over 7f here at Wolverhampton , beating Ray Vonn by 1/2 length. This step up in trip shouldnt prove to troublesome as he has run well over 1 mile in the past , second at Chelmsford in October of 2022. Makes his handicap debut here tonight and has , what i think , is a workable mark , and i can see him going close. Trainer Mark Todd is bang in form at the moment with a 42.9% strike rate over the past month and is two from two when sending runners here this season , so the fact that he sends just this one here stood out to me , regular pilot George Rooke in the plate and he too comes here for just this one , and he's doing well here this term with a 33.3% strike rate. When the pair have pooled their talents over the last three weeks they have a 66% strike rate. Everything points to a solid effort for me. SO CHIC is the other one i like , won here on penultimate start (over 7f) but could only manage ninth last time out , that run can be excused i think as she didnt get a clear run when it mattered , and i think better can be expected here this evening at a track she seems to like , two wins and a place from four runs. Charlie Hills brings just this one to the meeting and hes been enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 29.4% strike rate in the past month , along with a +£18.62 profit. Been doing well when sending his horses here this season with a 38.5% strike rate so you'd have to give any thing he sends here a second look. Jockey Kieran Shoemark has ridden him four times , resulting in two places , and he too has been doing well over the last month with a 17.4% strike rate along with a small profit. When the pair have partnered up in the last three weeks they've managed a 20% strike rate. Think she can go close here this evening.

9.00 Wolverhampton - Dark Design 8/1 (365)
A few of these come into this on the back of decent last time efforts but im siding with DARK DESIGN who was poorly drawn last time out at Leafy when only managing fifth , and i think he go can go better here today now he has a better berth. A couple of these were in front of him that day but im fairly confident that he can turn that form around this evening. Has never won here at Wolverhampton but has placed in every run (three). Henry Spiller brings just this one here this evening , which caught my eye , and jockey Ray Dawson has a win and a fourth from his two rides on the horse , been riding well with a 20% strike rate in the last fortnight , all things considered i think he can go close at a nice price.

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
New Definition 8/1 Lost
Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
Double March 5/1 Lost
Too Much 6/1 Lost
The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
Sweet Mist 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Kingdom Come 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st EV

Street Kid 13/2 Lost
Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
San Andreas 13/2 Lost
Spring Promise 6/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10
Diderot 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 8/1

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
The King Of May 7/1 Lost
Digital 20/1 Lost
Makanah 7/1 Lost
Wise Eagle 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 9/1

Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
Doyannie 2/1 Lost
Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner
Prop Forward 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
Annie Law 9/4 Lost
Blazing Son 9/2
thumbup.gif
1st 10/3

Tohullnback 10/1 Lost
Atomic Angel 7/1
thumbup.gif

Hostelry 14/1 Lost (2nd)
How Bizzare 13/2 Lost
Dashel Drasher 8/1 Lost
Onight 3/1
thumbup.gif
1st 3/1
Forge Valley Lad 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Blackjack 9/2 Lost
Thismydream 11/2 Lost
Novel Legend 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/5
Tralee Hills 9/1
thumbup.gif
1st 6/1

Tintoretto 5/1 Lost
Poetic Force 9/1 Lost
Junoesque 7/1 Lost
Asense 5/1 Lost
Eponina 8/1 Lost

Global Spirit 8/1 Lost
Bun Doran 10/1 Lost
Mrs Meader 11/4 Lost
Soto Sizzler 9/1 Lost (3rd)
Haseef 9/1 Lost
Caracristi 11/2 Lost (3rd)
Native Beach 7/2 Lost (3rd)
So Chic 7/1 Lost
Dark Design 8/1 Lost

Bets 64 ... Won 12 ... EP +14.48 / SP +10.38

Wednesday 26th April

7.20 Lingfield - Gold Medal 4/1 (Hills,365,SkyBet,Coral,BFred,Lads) - Swiss Pride 12/1 (Hills,SkyBet,Coral,BFred)
A few look as they could go well in this one imho but im firmly on the side of a couple who i think can go well .. firstly GOLD MEDAL who won nicely last time after 133 days off course , there was alot to like about that effort and a 4lb may not be able to stop him from going in again here. He also beat a few of todays rivals. That run was over todays CD , making him two from two overall. That was also his first start for trainer Dylan Cunha , who has a 60% strike rate over the last three weeks , and the fact that he sends just this one to the meeting could be worth noting. Harry Burns also here for just this one , rode him to victory last time (first ride on the horse) and takes a valuable 3lb off , which almost negates the rise in the weights. Has a 21.4% strike rate in the past month. Shouldnt be far away. The other one that catches my eye is SWISS PRIDE , who in all fairness seems to have lost his way a bit , being a bit hit and miss but was a sound third last time at Kempton (beaten by the other selection on penultimate run over CD) , but you cant discount him back here at Leafy , he won this race back in 2021 , and his record over course and distance reads 22 runs , 6 wins and 6 places , so you dismiss his chances at your peril. Is coming down in the weights which can only help his chances i think , and one of these days hes gonna ping in i think. Trainer Roger Teal sends just this one to Leafy tonight , and claimer Connor Planas goes for just this one as well , takes off 5lb and has a 15.4% strike rate when riding here this term. If on a going day then he can certainly make his presence felt at a decent price.

Wednesday 26th April

7.20 Lingfield - Gold Medal 4/1 (Hills,365,SkyBet,Coral,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 4/1 - Swiss Pride 12/1 (Hills,SkyBet,Coral,BFred) :hissyfit
A few look as they could go well in this one imho but im firmly on the side of a couple who i think can go well .. firstly GOLD MEDAL who won nicely last time after 133 days off course , there was alot to like about that effort and a 4lb may not be able to stop him from going in again here. He also beat a few of todays rivals. That run was over todays CD , making him two from two overall. That was also his first start for trainer Dylan Cunha , who has a 60% strike rate over the last three weeks , and the fact that he sends just this one to the meeting could be worth noting. Harry Burns also here for just this one , rode him to victory last time (first ride on the horse) and takes a valuable 3lb off , which almost negates the rise in the weights. Has a 21.4% strike rate in the past month. Shouldnt be far away. The other one that catches my eye is SWISS PRIDE , who in all fairness seems to have lost his way a bit , being a bit hit and miss but was a sound third last time at Kempton (beaten by the other selection on penultimate run over CD) , but you cant discount him back here at Leafy , he won this race back in 2021 , and his record over course and distance reads 22 runs , 6 wins and 6 places , so you dismiss his chances at your peril. Is coming down in the weights which can only help his chances i think , and one of these days hes gonna ping in i think. Trainer Roger Teal sends just this one to Leafy tonight , and claimer Connor Planas goes for just this one as well , takes off 5lb and has a 15.4% strike rate when riding here this term. If on a going day then he can certainly make his presence felt at a decent price.

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
New Definition 8/1 Lost
Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
Double March 5/1 Lost
Too Much 6/1 Lost
The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
Sweet Mist 7/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Kingdom Come 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st EV

Street Kid 13/2 Lost
Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
San Andreas 13/2 Lost
Spring Promise 6/4
thumbup.gif
1st 11/10
Diderot 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 8/1

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
The King Of May 7/1 Lost
Digital 20/1 Lost
Makanah 7/1 Lost
Wise Eagle 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 9/1

Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
Doyannie 2/1 Lost
Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner
Prop Forward 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
Annie Law 9/4 Lost
Blazing Son 9/2
thumbup.gif
1st 10/3

Tohullnback 10/1 Lost
Atomic Angel 7/1
thumbup.gif

Hostelry 14/1 Lost (2nd)
How Bizzare 13/2 Lost
Dashel Drasher 8/1 Lost
Onight 3/1
thumbup.gif
1st 3/1
Forge Valley Lad 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 7/1

Blackjack 9/2 Lost
Thismydream 11/2 Lost
Novel Legend 4/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/5
Tralee Hills 9/1
thumbup.gif
1st 6/1

Tintoretto 5/1 Lost
Poetic Force 9/1 Lost
Junoesque 7/1 Lost
Asense 5/1 Lost
Eponina 8/1 Lost

Global Spirit 8/1 Lost
Bun Doran 10/1 Lost
Mrs Meader 11/4 Lost
Soto Sizzler 9/1 Lost (3rd)
Haseef 9/1 Lost
Caracristi 11/2 Lost (3rd)
Native Beach 7/2 Lost (3rd)
So Chic 7/1 Lost
Dark Design 8/1 Lost
Gold Medal 4/1 :thumb 1st 9/4
Swiss Pride 12/1 Lost

Bets 66 ... Won 15 ... EP +17.48 / SP +11.63

Thursday 27th April

2.20 Beverley - Ventura Flame 4/1 (365)
VENTURA FLAME catches my eye in this , was no match for Badri last time out , beaten 4 1/2 lengths over CD , but considering that was her first run back after 175 days off it was an eyecatching run , and i'm pretty sure that she'll have come on for that run and be all the better for it here. Won this race back in 2021 , and has a decent record over this afternoons CD with two wins and four places from seven runs. Has won off higher than todays mark , so things look set for a good effort imho. The fact Keith Dalgleish sends this just this one on the trek to Beverley , making him the longest traveller of the meeting , is another thing that says to me that they mean business , has a 15% strike rate in the last four weeks so stable in decent enough form. Joe Fanning in the plate and he has a win and a place from his six rides to date on the horse , been riding well of late with a 30% strike rate in the past fortnight , and when the pair have teamed up over the past three weeks they come away with a 33.3% strike rate. Can see her going close.

5.40 Chelmsford - One More Dream 5/2 (Hills,SkyBet) - Shades Of Summer 9/4 (Hills,SkyBet)
The current front two in the market appeal to me in this one , cant split them so gonna do both .. first one is ONE MORE DREAM who made it two from two over this evenings CD last time out when beating Spirited Guest by a length and three quarters. In all honesty he could of probably won by further , and though has a penalty to contend with , i can see him making a solid effort for a repeat here. Has been in good form since returning from a break in February - 3,1,4,2,1. JJ Quinn sends just this one to the meeting and has been in fine fettle lately with a 31% strike rate in the past three weeks , and seems to do well when sending his runners here with a strike rate of 27.8% overall along with a healthy profit of +£15.89. Jockey Harry Russell also here for just this one and this is his first time on the horse , has a 21.4% strike rate over the last four weeks. Should be bang there when it matters. SHADES OF SUMMER is the other horse , has run well on both starts since coming back from a 105 days off , coming third on both occasions. First of those thirds was here at Chelmsford making it two firsts and a third from three outings here. Hasnt yet run over further than 6f so first attempt at todays trip but she looks as though she'll cope with it as she looks a progressive type. Last time out race looks as though it could be decentish with the 4th (won twice) , 5th , 6th and 7th all going in next time out. Trainer enjoying a bit of a purple patch with a 22% strike rate in the last month , and has a 20% here this season .. Neil Callan gets the piloting job and hes one from one on the horse and he too is in decent form with a 23% strike rate over the past fortnight. When trainer and jockey have teamed up in the last 21 days they have a 50% strike rate. Should be making her presence felt.

9.00 Chelmsford - Spit Spot 11/4 (365) - World Without Love 4/1 (Hills,SkyBet)
A bit like the 5.40 this one , in that i fancy the first two in the betting , and im gonna back both , first one is bottom weight SPIT SPOT , making her re appearance tonight after 168 days off so gonna have to take her well being on trust but given that shes now with Jamie Fanshawe and having her first run for the stable i honestly dont think thats going to be an issue. She looked a decent enough sort last season , and i think there could well be more to come this term , and shes in the right hands to improve imho. has won and placed from her two runs here at Chelmsford , both over this CD. Jamie Fanshawe has been going well with his stable showing a 27% strike rate over the past two weeks , and this is his sole runner on the card , whilst Daniel Muscutt in the hot seat for the first time and hes been amongst the winners lately with a 23% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 21.4% strike rate when coming to Chelmsford this season. If fit and ready to go i cant see her being far away. WORLD WITHOUT LOVE is the other selection , comes into this on the back of a solid effort last time out when a length second to Cedar Cage over 2m round here (only run here) , that was a good effort considering she'd been off 160 days and should come on for that run having blown the cobwebs away , has won over todays distance before , only attempt at the trip , that win coming at Wolverhampton back in November. Charlie Johnston has just this one representing him at the meeting tonight , and hes doing well here this season with a 21.4% strike rate and a 14% strike rate in the last three weeks. Richard Kingscote gets the ride , and hes ridden him 4 times to date resulting in a win and a place , has a 15% strike rate in the last three weeks and a 19.8% strike rate overall here at Cheltenham along with an eyecatching +£50.94 profit. She could come on for that last time out run and hopefully be spot on for this.

Back