• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Sunday 6th August

3.20 Market Rasen - The Wrekin 6/1 (365) :thumb 1st 2/1 - Croagh Patrick 10/3 (Hills) :hissyfit 2nd
Couple in this one caught my eye , first one is the ultra consistent CROAGH PATRICK whose been second in his last three races , latest when a length and three quarter second to Jelski at Cartmel a couple of weeks ago , to be honest he's been running well all season , being there or thereabouts since returning from a break back in October 2022 , hasnt managed to get his in front as yet but thats not for the want of trying ! Ten seconds and thirds from his fourteen runs , he was beaten a neck by the re opposing Cillurid in his penultimate race but i think he can turn the form around with that one today. Placed on his only start here at Market Rasen , ground shouldnt be an issue as he's run well on soft and heavy. Trainer Sam England has a 13.3% strike rate here overall whilst jockey David England comes here for just this ride , for whats his first ride on the horse , should go close. The other one i like is THE WREKIN whose been a bit hit and miss overall if im being honest but ran a sound last time when second to Herewegohoney , missed the whole of 2022 and whilst not running consistently has shown glimmers of decent form so hopefully can give it a good go here this afternoon. Placed on sole run over CD , last run , and like the other selection shouldnt mind what the weather throws at him. Henry Daly has just this one running for him here today and he does well when sending his runners to Market Rasen , over the last five years they've notched up a healthy 24.1% strike rate , Alice Stevens in the plate and she claims a useful 7lb , and has ridden the horse a couple of times to date resulting in a third place. If on song could make his presence felt i think.

6.45 Haydock - Nathanael Greene 5/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 3rd
A handful come into this looking as though they could play a part in the finish but i like the look of NATHANAEL GREENE who comes into this on the back of some decent efforts in stronger , higher grade races. Hasnt won over todays distance but has run well over it before , notably when fourth in the Northumberland Plate at the start of July , and followed that up last time out with a sound enough seventh in a good race at Newbury. Won on his only start here at Haydock , back in July of last year over 1m6f. Shouldnt mind the ground conditions and i think he can play a part in the finish here this evening. Interesting that Willie Haggis adds a tongue tie to the usual Cheek Pieces for the first time , hopefully that will do its job and he can get his head in front. Trainer sends just this one to the course tonight , and hes been in good form lately with a 26% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 23.9% strike rate overall. Tom Marquand in the plate and he too has been in decent form with a 16% strike rate in the last 21 days , and when coming here this term he has a 16.7% strike rate , when the pair have teamed up over the last three weeks they come away with a 26% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away come the business end of things.

August Totals

Euchen Glen 25/1 Lost (3rd)
Tides Of War 33/1 Non Runner
Spanish Star 22/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 11/4 Lost (2nd)
Iris Dancer 7/1 Lost
Forza Orta 11/4 Lost (2nd)
The Wrekin 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 2/1

Croagh Patrick 10/3 Lost (2nd)
Nathanael Green 5/1 Lost (3rd)

Bets 8 .. Won 1 ... EP -1.00 / SP -5.00

Tuesday 8th August

5.45 Catterick - Golden Gal 7/2 (Hills) - Zoom Star 7/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads,BFred)
I like the look of a couple in this , the first one is last years winner GOLDEN GAL , who won this last year from the same mark , beating the re opposing Shesadabber , and hopefully she can beat that one again here today. Usually runs a solid race round here , with a win and four places from her twelve starts over CD and two wins and five places from 15 starts overall , as i say usually there or thereabouts. Hadnt been firing as well as she might have in a couple of races before her last run but left that form behind when going in at Beverley , beating Latin Five by a length. If arriving in the same sort of form as that run then i think she holds a good chance of following up and retaining her crown. Going shouldnt be a problem and i can see her putting in a solid effort here. Trainer Has just this one at the course today , and he has been doing well lately with a 25% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst Harry Russell gets the ride , rode her to victory last year and from his eleven rides to date on her hes won two and placed in a further three. Has a 22% strike rate in the last three weeks and when the trainer and jockey have paired up in the same period they come away with a 33% strike rate. ZOOM STAR is the other selection , had been running well but threw in a poor effort last time out when only managing seventh at Carlisle , before that had run up a nice little sequence of placers - 3,2,2 and returned to a course she does well at i think theres every chance of a better showing. Has won twice and placed once in her four runs to date over CD , and like the other selection the ground conditions shouldnt be an issue , trainer sends just this one and jockey also here for just this one , has the potential to go well.

3.25 Catterick - Doomsday 15/2 (Hills,SkyBet)
DOOMSDAY caught my eye in this one , comes into this on the back of a decent second last time out at Musselburgh , when 3/4 length behind The Gay Blade , he wore cheekpieces for the first time on that run and i notice that they're on again here this afternoon , hopefully they do the job again and he can go one place better. One from one over todays CD , i think he can go close here. Trainer Liam Bailey has three in the race , his only runners here , and whilst i wouldnt totally discount his other entrants i think the selection is his main hope and with three in the race i would say that he's trying to win it. Billy Garrity in the plate for the first time on his sole ride of the meeting , does well when coming to Catterick with a 23% strike rate overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday 8th August

5.45 Catterick - Golden Gal 7/2 (Hills) - Zoom Star 7/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads,BFred)
I like the look of a couple in this , the first one is last years winner GOLDEN GAL , who won this last year from the same mark , beating the re opposing Shesadabber , and hopefully she can beat that one again here today. Usually runs a solid race round here , with a win and four places from her twelve starts over CD and two wins and five places from 15 starts overall , as i say usually there or thereabouts. Hadnt been firing as well as she might have in a couple of races before her last run but left that form behind when going in at Beverley , beating Latin Five by a length. If arriving in the same sort of form as that run then i think she holds a good chance of following up and retaining her crown. Going shouldnt be a problem and i can see her putting in a solid effort here. Trainer Has just this one at the course today , and he has been doing well lately with a 25% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst Harry Russell gets the ride , rode her to victory last year and from his eleven rides to date on her hes won two and placed in a further three. Has a 22% strike rate in the last three weeks and when the trainer and jockey have paired up in the same period they come away with a 33% strike rate. ZOOM STAR is the other selection , had been running well but threw in a poor effort last time out when only managing seventh at Carlisle , before that had run up a nice little sequence of placers - 3,2,2 and returned to a course she does well at i think theres every chance of a better showing. Has won twice and placed once in her four runs to date over CD , and like the other selection the ground conditions shouldnt be an issue , trainer sends just this one and jockey also here for just this one , has the potential to go well.

3.25 Catterick - Doomsday 15/2 (Hills,SkyBet) :hissyfit 2nd
DOOMSDAY caught my eye in this one , comes into this on the back of a decent second last time out at Musselburgh , when 3/4 length behind The Gay Blade , he wore cheekpieces for the first time on that run and i notice that they're on again here this afternoon , hopefully they do the job again and he can go one place better. One from one over todays CD , i think he can go close here. Trainer Liam Bailey has three in the race , his only runners here , and whilst i wouldnt totally discount his other entrants i think the selection is his main hope and with three in the race i would say that he's trying to win it. Billy Garrity in the plate for the first time on his sole ride of the meeting , does well when coming to Catterick with a 23% strike rate overall.

August Totals

Spanish Star 22/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 7/1 Lost
The Wrekin 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 2/1

Golden Gal 7/2 Lost
Zoom Star 7/2 Lost
Doomsday 15/2 Lost (2nd)

Bets 11 .. Won 1 ... EP -4.00 / SP -8.00

Tuesday 15th August

7.15 Chelmsford - Mayfair Gold 4/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
MAYFAIR GOLD stands out to me in this 1m2f handicap , what caught my eye is that when hes run over 1m2f here his record is - 2,1,2 and i think he can make it another 1 tonight. Was a solid second here over CD last time out (winner and third gone in since) , and with this slight drop in class i think his chances are clear for all to see personally. Wore a hood for the first time on his last run and thats retained here. Trainer Alan King sends just this one to the meeting , and it did catch my attention that Oisin Murphy is in the saddle for the first time and has a 24.3% strike rate when coming here. Shouldnt be far away.

6.15 Chelmsford - Ower Starlight 10/1 (365)
Open looking handicap where i like the look of OWER STARLIGHT , ran a stinker when fifth of sixth last time out but was a sound enough second in his race before that , overall profile is a patchy tbh but if ready to roll after a break i think he can certainly make his presence felt in this. Another thing thats in his favour i think is the fact that hes returning to the all weather where he performs alot better than when he runs on the turf. One from one over this evenings CD , it caught my eye that Richard Hughes has just this one here tonight and that claimer Alec Volkshanky is also here for just this one , good value for his 5lb claim and has been doing well lately with a 28% strike rate over the past fortnight , and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 38% strike rate. Can go well at a decent price.

4.00 Nottingham - Tuddenham Green 12/1 (365)
At the current 12/1 with 365 TUDDENHAM GREEN appeals , has been off for 101 days but i noticed that after returning to action after 130 days off this term he duly won , as he did after a break the time before that , and maybe the time to best catch him is when he's fresh. Was a decent third when last seen at Goodwood and in his penultimate run was a solid second to Coquelicot over todays CD , i think if he's in the same sort of form as those runs then he's firmly in the frame here. Ground conditions won't bother him and he has figures of -3,3,2,3 in flat handicaps , and i'd say he's gonna get his head in front one day , why not today ? Alan King has just this one at the course today , and he has a 12% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst James Doyle is in the saddle , a place from his sole ride on the horse to date and when he comes to Nottingham he has a 28.3% strike rate over the last five years along with a profit of +14.18 , and this season he's done just as well with a 22.2% strike rate. A few others i'd definatley worry about , the Prescott runner being the main one obviously , but at the price i think the selection is worth a go.

Tuesday 15th August

7.15 Chelmsford - Mayfair Gold 4/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd
MAYFAIR GOLD stands out to me in this 1m2f handicap , what caught my eye is that when hes run over 1m2f here his record is - 2,1,2 and i think he can make it another 1 tonight. Was a solid second here over CD last time out (winner and third gone in since) , and with this slight drop in class i think his chances are clear for all to see personally. Wore a hood for the first time on his last run and thats retained here. Trainer Alan King sends just this one to the meeting , and it did catch my attention that Oisin Murphy is in the saddle for the first time and has a 24.3% strike rate when coming here. Shouldnt be far away.

6.15 Chelmsford - Ower Starlight 10/1 (365) :hissyfit
Open looking handicap where i like the look of OWER STARLIGHT , ran a stinker when fifth of sixth last time out but was a sound enough second in his race before that , overall profile is a patchy tbh but if ready to roll after a break i think he can certainly make his presence felt in this. Another thing thats in his favour i think is the fact that hes returning to the all weather where he performs alot better than when he runs on the turf. One from one over this evenings CD , it caught my eye that Richard Hughes has just this one here tonight and that claimer Alec Volkshanky is also here for just this one , good value for his 5lb claim and has been doing well lately with a 28% strike rate over the past fortnight , and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 38% strike rate. Can go well at a decent price.

4.00 Nottingham - Tuddenham Green 12/1 (365) :hissyfit 3rd
At the current 12/1 with 365 TUDDENHAM GREEN appeals , has been off for 101 days but i noticed that after returning to action after 130 days off this term he duly won , as he did after a break the time before that , and maybe the time to best catch him is when he's fresh. Was a decent third when last seen at Goodwood and in his penultimate run was a solid second to Coquelicot over todays CD , i think if he's in the same sort of form as those runs then he's firmly in the frame here. Ground conditions won't bother him and he has figures of -3,3,2,3 in flat handicaps , and i'd say he's gonna get his head in front one day , why not today ? Alan King has just this one at the course today , and he has a 12% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst James Doyle is in the saddle , a place from his sole ride on the horse to date and when he comes to Nottingham he has a 28.3% strike rate over the last five years along with a profit of +14.18 , and this season he's done just as well with a 22.2% strike rate. A few others i'd definatley worry about , the Prescott runner being the main one obviously , but at the price i think the selection is worth a go.

August Totals

Spanish Star 22/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 7/1 Lost
The Wrekin 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 2/1

Golden Gal 7/2 Lost
Zoom Star 7/2 Lost
Doomsday 15/2 Lost (2nd)
Mayfair Gold 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Tuddenham Green 12/1 Lost (3rd)
Ower Starlight 10/1 Lost

Bets 14 .. Won 1 ... EP -7.00 / SP -11.00

Wednesday 16th August

4.10 Yarmouth - Queens Company 8/1 (365) - Flower Of Thunder 6/1 (365)
I think a couple of these can go well in this one , first of those is QUEENS COMPANY whose last two efforts havent been anything to shout about but before those two runs she did win over todays CD , beating Mr Marvlos by a comfortable length and a half. That made her record here overall two wins and a place from five runs (1 from 1 over CD). Looks to be on a decent mark and returned here i think she can improve on those last two efforts. Julia Fielden has just this one at the meeting this afternoon , and she has an 11.8% strike rate here this term along with a profit of +16.50 , and has a 10% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst Dylan Hogan is in the saddle , has two wins and a place to date when riding the horse (from 13 rides) , and whilst he hasnt been in the best of form lately he seems to ride Yarmouth well with a 13.6% strike rate this season and a +34.50 profit to boot. Should be in the thick of things i think. FLOWER OF THUNDER is the other one i like , was a decent second behind Afloat last time out , and before that was a sound enough fourth , if in the same sort of form that should her in the mix here imo , is now 1lb lower than that last time out run and has won off higher than todays mark , does well here at Yarmouth with three wins and three places from eleven runs over todays CD. Caught my eye that the trainer has gone for first time cheekpieces , hopefully they can do the trick and see her get her head in front. Trainer knows how to get one ready when she wants to , and Isobel Francis in the plate for her only ride of the day , takes off a handy 5lb , and has two wins and a place from her seven rides to date. Has a 20% strike rate in the last fortnight and has a 25% strike rate at the course overall along with a +7.50 profit. Shouldnt be far away.

Wednesday 16th August

4.10 Yarmouth - Queens Company 8/1 (365) :thumb 1st 10/3 - Flower Of Thunder 6/1 (365) :hissyfit
I think a couple of these can go well in this one , first of those is QUEENS COMPANY whose last two efforts havent been anything to shout about but before those two runs she did win over todays CD , beating Mr Marvlos by a comfortable length and a half. That made her record here overall two wins and a place from five runs (1 from 1 over CD). Looks to be on a decent mark and returned here i think she can improve on those last two efforts. Julia Fielden has just this one at the meeting this afternoon , and she has an 11.8% strike rate here this term along with a profit of +16.50 , and has a 10% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst Dylan Hogan is in the saddle , has two wins and a place to date when riding the horse (from 13 rides) , and whilst he hasnt been in the best of form lately he seems to ride Yarmouth well with a 13.6% strike rate this season and a +34.50 profit to boot. Should be in the thick of things i think. FLOWER OF THUNDER is the other one i like , was a decent second behind Afloat last time out , and before that was a sound enough fourth , if in the same sort of form that should her in the mix here imo , is now 1lb lower than that last time out run and has won off higher than todays mark , does well here at Yarmouth with three wins and three places from eleven runs over todays CD. Caught my eye that the trainer has gone for first time cheekpieces , hopefully they can do the trick and see her get her head in front. Trainer knows how to get one ready when she wants to , and Isobel Francis in the plate for her only ride of the day , takes off a handy 5lb , and has two wins and a place from her seven rides to date. Has a 20% strike rate in the last fortnight and has a 25% strike rate at the course overall along with a +7.50 profit. Shouldnt be far away.

August Totals

Spanish Star 22/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 7/1 Lost
The Wrekin 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 2/1

Golden Gal 7/2 Lost
Zoom Star 7/2 Lost
Doomsday 15/2 Lost (2nd)
Ower Starlight 10/1 Lost
Flower Of Thunder 6/1 Lost
Queens Company 8/1 :thumb 1st 10/3

Bets 16 .. Won 2 ... EP 0.00 / SP -8.67

Saturday 19th August

3.50 Ripon - Challet 5/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred) - Indiana Be 9/2 (365)
Theres a couple who look good for this to my eye , first one of those is CHALLET who hasnt been running too badly this term , decent efforts the last twice when second and then fourth last time out , looks to be coming into a bit of form and looks well treated on his best form , having won off higher than todays mark , always seems to run a sound race here at Ripon with two wins and a second from his four runs over CD. Going shouldnt be an issue and looks decently drawn to my eyes. Michael Dods has just this one representing him at the meeting , and has an 11% strike rate in the last fortnight , and has a 12% strike rate overall when sending his runners here. Connor Beasley gets the steering job and he has two wins and two places from his thirteen rides on the horse , and has an 11% strike rate when coming here to ride. For me everything looks right for a big run. INDIANA BE is the other selection , won well on his penultimate run , beating Calypso by 4 lengths at Hamilton , and then followed that up last time out with a tame effort at York when managing only sixth of twelve. Been holding his form pretty well with figures of - 2,3,1,5,1,6 since coming back from a break in April and i can see no reason why he cant go well again , draw could of been kinder admittedly but i wouldnt dismiss his chances on that alone. One from one over this afternoons CD , and the going shouldnt prove problematic. Ed Bethell has just this one here today , has a 14% strike rate over the last two weeks , and has a 44.4% strike rate here this season along , whilst jockey Danny Tudhope in the hotseat , two places from two rides to date , and hes been in good form lately with a 26% strike rate in the last two weeks , and when coming here this season he has a 33.3% strike rate. Think he can go close here.

2.25 Newbury - Woolhampton 13/2 (365,Hills)
Like the look of WOOLHAMPTON for this one at what i'd consider a decent price , won at Ascot last time , beating Sarahs Verse by a length for a first handicap victory , been running decently in defeat imo and hopefully can reproduce another good effort here this afternoon. Two places from two runs over todays CD and three places from four outings at the course overall so no issues there , no issues either with the going or class , hasnt won off a handicap mark this high but has run well off a higher mark so cant discount because of that fact. Trainer Rod Millman has two entered this into this (only runners here today) and whilst i like the selection you couldnt discount his other runner with any confidence (Four Adaay with Oisin Murphy in the saddle) , has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst Ross Coakley is in the saddle and he has a win and two places from his seven rides to date , has been in solid form lately with a 25% strike rate over the last month , and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 50% strike rate. Should be in the hunt.

Saturday 19th August

3.50 Ripon - Challet 5/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred) - Indiana Be 9/2 (365)
Theres a couple who look good for this to my eye , first one of those is CHALLET who hasnt been running too badly this term , decent efforts the last twice when second and then fourth last time out , looks to be coming into a bit of form and looks well treated on his best form , having won off higher than todays mark , always seems to run a sound race here at Ripon with two wins and a second from his four runs over CD. Going shouldnt be an issue and looks decently drawn to my eyes. Michael Dods has just this one representing him at the meeting , and has an 11% strike rate in the last fortnight , and has a 12% strike rate overall when sending his runners here. Connor Beasley gets the steering job and he has two wins and two places from his thirteen rides on the horse , and has an 11% strike rate when coming here to ride. For me everything looks right for a big run. INDIANA BE is the other selection , won well on his penultimate run , beating Calypso by 4 lengths at Hamilton , and then followed that up last time out with a tame effort at York when managing only sixth of twelve. Been holding his form pretty well with figures of - 2,3,1,5,1,6 since coming back from a break in April and i can see no reason why he cant go well again , draw could of been kinder admittedly but i wouldnt dismiss his chances on that alone. One from one over this afternoons CD , and the going shouldnt prove problematic. Ed Bethell has just this one here today , has a 14% strike rate over the last two weeks , and has a 44.4% strike rate here this season along , whilst jockey Danny Tudhope in the hotseat , two places from two rides to date , and hes been in good form lately with a 26% strike rate in the last two weeks , and when coming here this season he has a 33.3% strike rate. Think he can go close here.

2.25 Newbury - Woolhampton 13/2 (365,Hills) :hissyfit
Like the look of WOOLHAMPTON for this one at what i'd consider a decent price , won at Ascot last time , beating Sarahs Verse by a length for a first handicap victory , been running decently in defeat imo and hopefully can reproduce another good effort here this afternoon. Two places from two runs over todays CD and three places from four outings at the course overall so no issues there , no issues either with the going or class , hasnt won off a handicap mark this high but has run well off a higher mark so cant discount because of that fact. Trainer Rod Millman has two entered this into this (only runners here today) and whilst i like the selection you couldnt discount his other runner with any confidence (Four Adaay with Oisin Murphy in the saddle) , has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst Ross Coakley is in the saddle and he has a win and two places from his seven rides to date , has been in solid form lately with a 25% strike rate over the last month , and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 50% strike rate. Should be in the hunt.

August Totals

Spanish Star 22/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 7/1 Lost
The Wrekin 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 2/1

Golden Gal 7/2 Lost
Zoom Star 7/2 Lost
Doomsday 15/2 Lost (2nd)
Ower Starlight 10/1 Lost
Challet 5/1 Lost (2nd)
Indiana Be 9/2 Lost
Woolhampton 13/2 Lost

Bets 19 .. Won 2 ... EP -3.00 / SP -11.67

Monday 21st August

4.25 Brighton - Heers Sadie 7/2 (365) - Arlos Sunshine 9/1 (SkyBet)
Two for me in this one , with the first one being HEERS SADIE , been in fine form after 52 days off with last three runs showing figures of - 1,1,2 .. all those runs have been over 7f here at Brighton , decent form here with two wins and a place from four outings , never won at the distance in three attempts but has placed once , those runs all came on the AW at Lingfield and i'd be surprised if she couldnt improve on those back on turf. Has won off a higher mark than todays , and aside from the distance everything else looks spot on to me and i can see her going close here given her current frame of mind. Julia Fielden has a 28.6% strike rate at the track this term alongside a +7.50 profit , whilst Aiden Keeley comes here for just this one ride and helps the cause by taking off a handy 3lb. Has ridden the horse in her last four starts resulting in two wins and a second. He has a 21.7% strike rate at the course this season and he too comes away with a +7.50 profit. Should be making her presence felt come the line. ARLOS SUNSHINE is my other selection and he arrives on the back of a solid second last time out here over CD in a stakes race and i cant see any reason why he cant go well again. The switch to John Longs' yard a couple of races ago looks to have sharpened him up a little with a fourth and a second since going there , and i cant see his first win for his new stable being far away. Hasnt won here at Brighton but has two places from his three runs over this afternoons CD but has won at the distance elsewhere so happy enough with that , ground and draw look to be okay and im hoping that a good run is on the cards here today. Trainer has just this one at the meeting today and he can ready one whilst jockey Liam Wright also comes here for just this one , takes of a valuable 7lb , and has an 11% strike rate over the last coupla weeks. Has ridden the horse four times to date with the end result being a win and a place.

4.55 Brighton - Spanish Mane 8/1 (Hills,SkyBet) - Optiva Star 10/3 (Hills,SkyBet)
Another race where two of the runners catch my roving eye , first of those is bottom weight OPTIVA STAR who registered his first win last time out , beating Heers Sadie (who I've gone for earlier in the card) , by a length and three quarters. Had been in decent form prior to that well deserved victory and hopefully now hes got his head in front he can go in again. One from one over CD , and though hes gone up 4lb for that win the jockeys 5lb negates that and he effectively runs off 1lb lower here which has to give him a major chance imo. Richard Hannon been amongst the winners of late with a 15% strike rate in the past two weeks , and he has an 18.6% strike rate when sending his runners here this term. Claimer Alec Volshansky here for just this one ride and his claim only helps matters imho , been riding well with a 25% strike rate over the last 21 days and when hes teamed up with the trainer in the last three weeks they have a 33% strike rate. This one can definatley make his presence felt. The other one i like is SPANISH MANE whose another who arrives in tip top form , has won two of her last three outings , wins both at Lingfield whilst in the other one she came third over this afternoons CD. Does well when coming here with a win and a place from four runs over CD and has two wins and a place from 5 runs at the course overall. Class , draw and going all look good to me and though she has yet to win from a mark this high thats entirely possible given her recent form. Julie Fielden has a 15% strike rate in the past 21 days and as mentioned earlier has a 28.6% strike rate at Brighton this season. Josephine Gordon onboard for whats her sole ride of the day and it caught my eye that shes two from two on the horse , and i think its entirely possible that she can make it three from three here today.

2.25 Catterick - Jamil 10/1 (365) - Just Hiss 7/1 (365)
Gone for two against the field in this Amateur Jockeys Handicap , who i think can go well at decent prices , first one of those is JAMIL who loves it here at Catterick and has never been unplaced over todays CD with four wins and two places from six runs. Has been in cracking form since May tbh with figures of - 3,1,6,3,1,2 with four of those runs coming over CD .. Has run well here last three times , all over CD , was beaten 2 3/4 lengths by Point Of Honour , then followed that up with a 1/2 length win over Valley Of Flowers (who was second on his penultimate run to PoH) and then last time was just shaded by This Ones For Fred by a short head , should be involved in the finish today if in the same sort of mood. Tina Jackson sends just this one to the course today and she has a 40% strike rate when sending runners here this season , cant say i know alot about Miss Lois Teal , claims 5lb and also here for just this one. Has ridden the horse before which always helps i think , and was third over CD. The other one i like the chances of are JUST HISS who like my other selection has been in fine form of late , since June his figures read - 2,1,3,2,1 .. last time win came at Pontefract where he beat Contrast by a length and a quarter , probably value for a bit further tbh , Has never won here but has placed on both starts , one of those over CD. Has gone up 4lb for that last time out win but has won off higher marks than today so that doesnt concern me too much. Trainer Tim Easterby has had a few winners of late , and Thomas Easterby here for this one ride , has ridden the horse nine times resulting in three wins and three places (he's riddden the horse the last four times , so both are enjoying a purple patch at the moment). Has a 50% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and when he and trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 33% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away.

4.45 Catterick - Quercus 5/2 (Hills,SkyBet,BFred)
A few of these look as though they could go well but i think top weight QUERCUS could take the beating , comes into this on the back of two solid CD wins , last time out beating Shark Two One by 2 3/4 lengths , and if in the same sort of form then i think it'll take a good un to beat him despite the burden of being top weight. Loves it here at Catterick and rarely runs a bad race with five wins and six places from his fourteen runs at the track , and that gets even better over todays CD where he has had eleven runs and won and placed five times apiece. Joe Fanning has ridden him to those two last time victories and is re united with the horse here today , and he has a 16% strike rate in the past fortnight , and when coming here this term he has a 28.6% strike rate along with a small profit of +2.50. Trainer Ann Duffield knows the time of day and i think its interesting that she sends just this one to the meeting , she has a 33.3% strike rate at Catterick this season so anything she sends here warrants a second look imho. Should be in the mix.

5.20 Catterick - Mutannaseq 9/1 (BFred) - Langholm 7/1 (Hills,BFred)
Open looking class 6 handicap where i like the look of a couple , first one is MUTANNASEQ whose enjoying some decent form at the moment and has held his form well since returning from 177 days off back in March - 6,6,6,2,1,2,5,4,2,1,4 and i can see no reason why he shouldnt go well again here today. Has two wins and two places from his six outings over CD , one of those wins was in his penultimate run where he beat stablemate and the re opposing Magical Effect by 2 1/4 lengths , was a solid enough fourth over 6f last time out at Newcastle but i think he'll appreciate this step back up to 7f and hopefully can get back to winning ways. Has won off higher than todays mark and everything looks set for a decent run , including the draw. Ruth Carr sends two to the meeting and both run in this one (as stated earlier other runner is Magical Effect) , and shes a trainer i rate , whilst jockey JP Sullivan is in the plate , has ridden the horse 31 times and only has the one win but also has 9 places and given the horses form at the moment im happy enough to have him onside in this one. Should be making his presence felt. LANGHOLM is the other horse i like the look of , comes into this on the back of a solid short head second to Wades Magic here over 6f last time , and i can see another good effort being on the cards here going back up to 7f. Usually runs a sound race round here with two wins and four places from his ten runs over todays CD. Has won off higher than todays mark , which i like to see , and class and going are all fine. Michael Dods has just this one at the course today and he does well enough here at Catterick with a 13.5% strike rate over the last five years along with a healthy profit of +24.00 to boot. Connor Beasley in the saddle and he has a 13% strike rate over the last three weeks and when coming here this season he has a 14.8% strike rate and a profit of +28.75. Cant see the selection being far away.

Monday 21st August

4.25 Brighton - Heers Sadie 7/2 (365) :hissyfit - Arlos Sunshine 9/1 (SkyBet) :hissyfit
Two for me in this one , with the first one being HEERS SADIE , been in fine form after 52 days off with last three runs showing figures of - 1,1,2 .. all those runs have been over 7f here at Brighton , decent form here with two wins and a place from four outings , never won at the distance in three attempts but has placed once , those runs all came on the AW at Lingfield and i'd be surprised if she couldnt improve on those back on turf. Has won off a higher mark than todays , and aside from the distance everything else looks spot on to me and i can see her going close here given her current frame of mind. Julia Fielden has a 28.6% strike rate at the track this term alongside a +7.50 profit , whilst Aiden Keeley comes here for just this one ride and helps the cause by taking off a handy 3lb. Has ridden the horse in her last four starts resulting in two wins and a second. He has a 21.7% strike rate at the course this season and he too comes away with a +7.50 profit. Should be making her presence felt come the line. ARLOS SUNSHINE is my other selection and he arrives on the back of a solid second last time out here over CD in a stakes race and i cant see any reason why he cant go well again. The switch to John Longs' yard a couple of races ago looks to have sharpened him up a little with a fourth and a second since going there , and i cant see his first win for his new stable being far away. Hasnt won here at Brighton but has two places from his three runs over this afternoons CD but has won at the distance elsewhere so happy enough with that , ground and draw look to be okay and im hoping that a good run is on the cards here today. Trainer has just this one at the meeting today and he can ready one whilst jockey Liam Wright also comes here for just this one , takes of a valuable 7lb , and has an 11% strike rate over the last coupla weeks. Has ridden the horse four times to date with the end result being a win and a place.

4.55 Brighton - Spanish Mane 8/1 (Hills,SkyBet) :hissyfit- Optiva Star 10/3 (Hills,SkyBet) :thumb 1st 10/3
Another race where two of the runners catch my roving eye , first of those is bottom weight OPTIVA STAR who registered his first win last time out , beating Heers Sadie (who I've gone for earlier in the card) , by a length and three quarters. Had been in decent form prior to that well deserved victory and hopefully now hes got his head in front he can go in again. One from one over CD , and though hes gone up 4lb for that win the jockeys 5lb negates that and he effectively runs off 1lb lower here which has to give him a major chance imo. Richard Hannon been amongst the winners of late with a 15% strike rate in the past two weeks , and he has an 18.6% strike rate when sending his runners here this term. Claimer Alec Volshansky here for just this one ride and his claim only helps matters imho , been riding well with a 25% strike rate over the last 21 days and when hes teamed up with the trainer in the last three weeks they have a 33% strike rate. This one can definatley make his presence felt. The other one i like is SPANISH MANE whose another who arrives in tip top form , has won two of her last three outings , wins both at Lingfield whilst in the other one she came third over this afternoons CD. Does well when coming here with a win and a place from four runs over CD and has two wins and a place from 5 runs at the course overall. Class , draw and going all look good to me and though she has yet to win from a mark this high thats entirely possible given her recent form. Julie Fielden has a 15% strike rate in the past 21 days and as mentioned earlier has a 28.6% strike rate at Brighton this season. Josephine Gordon onboard for whats her sole ride of the day and it caught my eye that shes two from two on the horse , and i think its entirely possible that she can make it three from three here today.

2.25 Catterick - Jamil 10/1 (365) :hissyfit 3rd - Just Hiss 7/1 (365) :hissyfit
Gone for two against the field in this Amateur Jockeys Handicap , who i think can go well at decent prices , first one of those is JAMIL who loves it here at Catterick and has never been unplaced over todays CD with four wins and two places from six runs. Has been in cracking form since May tbh with figures of - 3,1,6,3,1,2 with four of those runs coming over CD .. Has run well here last three times , all over CD , was beaten 2 3/4 lengths by Point Of Honour , then followed that up with a 1/2 length win over Valley Of Flowers (who was second on his penultimate run to PoH) and then last time was just shaded by This Ones For Fred by a short head , should be involved in the finish today if in the same sort of mood. Tina Jackson sends just this one to the course today and she has a 40% strike rate when sending runners here this season , cant say i know alot about Miss Lois Teal , claims 5lb and also here for just this one. Has ridden the horse before which always helps i think , and was third over CD. The other one i like the chances of are JUST HISS who like my other selection has been in fine form of late , since June his figures read - 2,1,3,2,1 .. last time win came at Pontefract where he beat Contrast by a length and a quarter , probably value for a bit further tbh , Has never won here but has placed on both starts , one of those over CD. Has gone up 4lb for that last time out win but has won off higher marks than today so that doesnt concern me too much. Trainer Tim Easterby has had a few winners of late , and Thomas Easterby here for this one ride , has ridden the horse nine times resulting in three wins and three places (he's riddden the horse the last four times , so both are enjoying a purple patch at the moment). Has a 50% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and when he and trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 33% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away.

4.45 Catterick - Quercus 5/2 (Hills,SkyBet,BFred) :hissyfit
A few of these look as though they could go well but i think top weight QUERCUS could take the beating , comes into this on the back of two solid CD wins , last time out beating Shark Two One by 2 3/4 lengths , and if in the same sort of form then i think it'll take a good un to beat him despite the burden of being top weight. Loves it here at Catterick and rarely runs a bad race with five wins and six places from his fourteen runs at the track , and that gets even better over todays CD where he has had eleven runs and won and placed five times apiece. Joe Fanning has ridden him to those two last time victories and is re united with the horse here today , and he has a 16% strike rate in the past fortnight , and when coming here this term he has a 28.6% strike rate along with a small profit of +2.50. Trainer Ann Duffield knows the time of day and i think its interesting that she sends just this one to the meeting , she has a 33.3% strike rate at Catterick this season so anything she sends here warrants a second look imho. Should be in the mix.

5.20 Catterick - Mutannaseq 9/1 (BFred) :thumb 1st 8/1 - Langholm 7/1 (Hills,BFred) :hissyfit

Open looking class 6 handicap where i like the look of a couple , first one is MUTANNASEQ whose enjoying some decent form at the moment and has held his form well since returning from 177 days off back in March - 6,6,6,2,1,2,5,4,2,1,4 and i can see no reason why he shouldnt go well again here today. Has two wins and two places from his six outings over CD , one of those wins was in his penultimate run where he beat stablemate and the re opposing Magical Effect by 2 1/4 lengths , was a solid enough fourth over 6f last time out at Newcastle but i think he'll appreciate this step back up to 7f and hopefully can get back to winning ways. Has won off higher than todays mark and everything looks set for a decent run , including the draw. Ruth Carr sends two to the meeting and both run in this one (as stated earlier other runner is Magical Effect) , and shes a trainer i rate , whilst jockey JP Sullivan is in the plate , has ridden the horse 31 times and only has the one win but also has 9 places and given the horses form at the moment im happy enough to have him onside in this one. Should be making his presence felt. LANGHOLM is the other horse i like the look of , comes into this on the back of a solid short head second to Wades Magic here over 6f last time , and i can see another good effort being on the cards here going back up to 7f. Usually runs a sound race round here with two wins and four places from his ten runs over todays CD. Has won off higher than todays mark , which i like to see , and class and going are all fine. Michael Dods has just this one at the course today and he does well enough here at Catterick with a 13.5% strike rate over the last five years along with a healthy profit of +24.00 to boot. Connor Beasley in the saddle and he has a 13% strike rate over the last three weeks and when coming here this season he has a 14.8% strike rate and a profit of +28.75. Cant see the selection being far away.

August Totals

Spanish Star 22/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 7/1 Lost
The Wrekin 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 2/1

Golden Gal 7/2 Lost
Zoom Star 7/2 Lost
Doomsday 15/2 Lost (2nd)
Ower Starlight 10/1 Lost
Challet 5/1 Lost (2nd)
Indiana Be 9/2 Lost
Woolhampton 13/2 Lost
Heers Sadie 7/2 Lost
Arlos Sunshine 9/1 Lost
Spanish Mane 8/1 Lost
Optiva Star 10/3 :thumb 1st 10/3
Jamil 10/1 Lost (3rd)
Just Hiss 7/1 Lost
Quercus 5/2 Lost
Mutannaseq 9/1 :thumb 1st 8/1
Langholm 7/1 Lost (3rd)

Bets 28 .. Won 4 ... EP +2.33 / SP -7.34

Tuesday 22nd August

4.30 Newton Abbot - Clearance 3/1 - Enthused 3/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Only a six runner race but theres two who i think can go well and cant split them so gonna go for both , first one is CLEARANCE who has been going well of late - 1,2,1 .. the last time out win was over this afternoons CD , when he beat Nibras Gold by a length and three quarters , has gone up 3lb for that win but i think its well within his compass to go well off this mark as hes run well from it before. Seems to like it here at Newton Abbot with three wins and a place from his six outings over CD , the going and class isnt a problem as far as i can see and i think he can make his presence felt here. Michael Blake has just this one out this afternoon and he has a 50% strike rate over the last fortnight , and when coming here this season he has a 66.7% strike rate along with a profit of +9.00. Jockey Tom Cannon also here for just the one ride this afternoon and hes one from one on the horse (last time out) , and he has a 33.3% strike rate when riding here this term and when trainer and jockey have pooled talents over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate. ENTHUSED is the other one i like the chances of , has been in cracking form since coming back from a 53 day lay off back in May being there or thereabouts in all his races since - 4,1,3,2,2 ... the way hes been running suggests his turn could be coming soon , last time out he was only just beaten by a short head by Aliomaana , and before that was beaten by the other selection Clearance by 3/4 lengths over CD , at the weights i think he has a chance of turning the tables and coming out ahead this time round. Has never won here at Newton Abbot but has placed on his sole start here (penultimate run) , has never won at the distance or in the class but has run well in both so not too worried about that and i have no concerns re the going. Trainer James Owen has a 50% strike rate in the last three weeks , whilst claimer Caoilin Quinn arrives for this one ride and takes off a handy 5lb , has a place to his name from two rides on the horse to date , and hopefully can notch his first win aboard him today.

Tuesday 22nd August

4.30 Newton Abbot - Clearance 3/1 :thumb 1st 5/2 - Enthused 3/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd
Only a six runner race but theres two who i think can go well and cant split them so gonna go for both , first one is CLEARANCE who has been going well of late - 1,2,1 .. the last time out win was over this afternoons CD , when he beat Nibras Gold by a length and three quarters , has gone up 3lb for that win but i think its well within his compass to go well off this mark as hes run well from it before. Seems to like it here at Newton Abbot with three wins and a place from his six outings over CD , the going and class isnt a problem as far as i can see and i think he can make his presence felt here. Michael Blake has just this one out this afternoon and he has a 50% strike rate over the last fortnight , and when coming here this season he has a 66.7% strike rate along with a profit of +9.00. Jockey Tom Cannon also here for just the one ride this afternoon and hes one from one on the horse (last time out) , and he has a 33.3% strike rate when riding here this term and when trainer and jockey have pooled talents over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate. ENTHUSED is the other one i like the chances of , has been in cracking form since coming back from a 53 day lay off back in May being there or thereabouts in all his races since - 4,1,3,2,2 ... the way hes been running suggests his turn could be coming soon , last time out he was only just beaten by a short head by Aliomaana , and before that was beaten by the other selection Clearance by 3/4 lengths over CD , at the weights i think he has a chance of turning the tables and coming out ahead this time round. Has never won here at Newton Abbot but has placed on his sole start here (penultimate run) , has never won at the distance or in the class but has run well in both so not too worried about that and i have no concerns re the going. Trainer James Owen has a 50% strike rate in the last three weeks , whilst claimer Caoilin Quinn arrives for this one ride and takes off a handy 5lb , has a place to his name from two rides on the horse to date , and hopefully can notch his first win aboard him today.

August Totals

Spanish Star 22/1 Lost
Iris Dancer 7/1 Lost
The Wrekin 6/1
thumbup.gif
1st 2/1