• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif
1st 6/4 (25p Rule 4 on EP)

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Secret Handsheikh 14/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Panning For Gold 5/2 Non Runner
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost
Lilkian 11/2 :thumb 1st 5/2 (10p Rule 4 on EP)
Sandalwood 9/4 :thumb 1st 4/6 (25p Rule 4 on EP)

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Alright Sunshine 20/1 Lost
Cumulonimbus 7/1 Lost (3rd)
One Last Hug 6/1 :thumb 1st 10/1 (15p Rule 4 on EP)
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Holy Fire 15/2 Lost (2nd)
Dandys Angel 6/1 :thumb 1st 10/3
Symbol Of Hope 5/1 Lost (3rd)

Bets 22 .. Won 6 .. EP +11.42 / SP +4.50

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday 15th July

1.45 Ascot - Vintage Clarets 9/1 (365) - Zarzyni 10/1 (365,Coral,BFred,Lads)
A couple in this 19 runner handicap interest me , first of those is VINTAGE CLARETS who comes into this in search of a three timer , and to me it looks entirely possible that he could get it. Beat Korker by a length and a quarter in a class two handicap at Newcastle last time and before that he beat Lihou by a short head at Chester. So obviously in fine form at the moment , in fact apart from the run at Epsom hes been running well all year , and theres no reason why he shouldnt go well again here. Placed on his sole start here , that came last year over todays CD when he was second to Kimngrace , looks to be decently drawn to me , the ground should pose no problem as he has won / run well on it in the past , obviously in a race of this nature dangers abound but i can see him going close here depsite the rise in the weights. Trainer Richard Fahey knows what it takes to win these type of races and he sends just this one to York today , 13% strike rate in the last fortnight and cant see him sending just this one if her didnt rate its chances to be honest. Connor Planas gets the ride for the first time and helps the cause by taking off an invaluable 5lb , he too is here for just this one , and hes been bang in form lately with a 28.3% strike rate over the last month along with a healthy profit of +£30.88. Everything points to a solid effort as far as i'm concerned. ZARZYNI is the other one that catches my eye , looked to be coming back into form with a sound fourth last time out at Epsom , and if in the same sort of mood here this afternoon then he should be on the premises. Was third in this race last year (with the re opposing Mountain Peak and Bond Chairman first and second respectively , but hes now 10lb lower than that mark so in my mind that has to give him a serious chance here. The draw isnt too bad and ground and trip and class are all fine as far as i'm concerned. David Barron is one of those trainers i look out for in these sort of sprint races and the fact that he has just this one here today didnt go un noticed , whilst jockey Ben Curtis is in the saddle , has won on the horse before and has a 12% strike rate here overall. Can definatley make his presence felt.

5.30 York - Ghathanfar 12/1 (365) - Doctor Khan Junior 7/1 (365)
And another big race where i'm hoping that i've sided with the right pair , first one is the in form DOCTOR KHAN JUNIOR who comes into this after a decent enough effort here over 7f where he was fourth of sixteen , ran a bit free that day according to the jockey so if he can manage to settle better then i think hes definatley in with a shout here this afternoon. Before that he had won two on the bounce , looking decent in doing so both times. Has a win and a place from his two outings at York to date and if running to form i can see him going close. Only ran over 6f twice to date , the first time he was 7th on his debut and then he won at Newcastle three races ago , so the drop back in trip shouldnt trouble him too much i dont think. Hes a lightly raced sort so probably more to come from him i should say , won on his sole start in the class , that was here at York over 7f on his penultimate race. Hes berthed reasonably well imho and i can see him going well her today. Geoff Oldroyd has just this one representing him here , has an 11% strike rate when sending them here overall whilst Harry Russell is also here for just this one ride , eases the burden by 3lb , has ridden the horse three times to date resulting in two wins and has an 11/1% strike rate here at York overall along with a profit of +£21.00. GHATHANFAR is the other one , and to be fair i think hes becoming a bit of a cliff horse for me , but i do think hes going to go in sooner rather than later. Think his last time out effort at Thirsk where he was fifth was a sound run and was probably his best this season , and if he can go on from there then that would definatley see him in the picture here. Due to his losing run he is looking increasingly well handicapped to me , usually runs a decent race round here with four places from six runs over CD , and a win and four places from nine runs overall at the course. Has won at the distance , in the class and on the ground so none of those should prove to be a major hinderance and with his tumbling mark if he can put his best hoove forward then for me he has to stand a good chance of getting his head in front. Tracey Waggott has a 23% strike rate over the past three weeks , and shes one of the trainers i look for and respect in these sort of races , she can certainly ready one. Sends just this one to the course which caught my eye. Jockey Jason Hart has a win and a place from his two rides to date on the horse , not been in the best of form winner wise but hes more than capable of getting one home and has a 12.5% strike rate here this term.

Saturday 15th July

1.45 Ascot - Vintage Clarets 9/1 (365) - Zarzyni 10/1 (365,Coral,BFred,Lads)
A couple in this 19 runner handicap interest me , first of those is VINTAGE CLARETS who comes into this in search of a three timer , and to me it looks entirely possible that he could get it. Beat Korker by a length and a quarter in a class two handicap at Newcastle last time and before that he beat Lihou by a short head at Chester. So obviously in fine form at the moment , in fact apart from the run at Epsom hes been running well all year , and theres no reason why he shouldnt go well again here. Placed on his sole start here , that came last year over todays CD when he was second to Kimngrace , looks to be decently drawn to me , the ground should pose no problem as he has won / run well on it in the past , obviously in a race of this nature dangers abound but i can see him going close here depsite the rise in the weights. Trainer Richard Fahey knows what it takes to win these type of races and he sends just this one to York today , 13% strike rate in the last fortnight and cant see him sending just this one if her didnt rate its chances to be honest. Connor Planas gets the ride for the first time and helps the cause by taking off an invaluable 5lb , he too is here for just this one , and hes been bang in form lately with a 28.3% strike rate over the last month along with a healthy profit of +£30.88. Everything points to a solid effort as far as i'm concerned. ZARZYNI is the other one that catches my eye , looked to be coming back into form with a sound fourth last time out at Epsom , and if in the same sort of mood here this afternoon then he should be on the premises. Was third in this race last year (with the re opposing Mountain Peak and Bond Chairman first and second respectively , but hes now 10lb lower than that mark so in my mind that has to give him a serious chance here. The draw isnt too bad and ground and trip and class are all fine as far as i'm concerned. David Barron is one of those trainers i look out for in these sort of sprint races and the fact that he has just this one here today didnt go un noticed , whilst jockey Ben Curtis is in the saddle , has won on the horse before and has a 12% strike rate here overall. Can definatley make his presence felt.

5.30 York - Ghathanfar 12/1 (365) - Doctor Khan Junior 7/1 (365)
And another big race where i'm hoping that i've sided with the right pair , first one is the in form DOCTOR KHAN JUNIOR who comes into this after a decent enough effort here over 7f where he was fourth of sixteen , ran a bit free that day according to the jockey so if he can manage to settle better then i think hes definatley in with a shout here this afternoon. Before that he had won two on the bounce , looking decent in doing so both times. Has a win and a place from his two outings at York to date and if running to form i can see him going close. Only ran over 6f twice to date , the first time he was 7th on his debut and then he won at Newcastle three races ago , so the drop back in trip shouldnt trouble him too much i dont think. Hes a lightly raced sort so probably more to come from him i should say , won on his sole start in the class , that was here at York over 7f on his penultimate race. Hes berthed reasonably well imho and i can see him going well her today. Geoff Oldroyd has just this one representing him here , has an 11% strike rate when sending them here overall whilst Harry Russell is also here for just this one ride , eases the burden by 3lb , has ridden the horse three times to date resulting in two wins and has an 11/1% strike rate here at York overall along with a profit of +£21.00. GHATHANFAR is the other one , and to be fair i think hes becoming a bit of a cliff horse for me , but i do think hes going to go in sooner rather than later. Think his last time out effort at Thirsk where he was fifth was a sound run and was probably his best this season , and if he can go on from there then that would definatley see him in the picture here. Due to his losing run he is looking increasingly well handicapped to me , usually runs a decent race round here with four places from six runs over CD , and a win and four places from nine runs overall at the course. Has won at the distance , in the class and on the ground so none of those should prove to be a major hinderance and with his tumbling mark if he can put his best hoove forward then for me he has to stand a good chance of getting his head in front. Tracey Waggott has a 23% strike rate over the past three weeks , and shes one of the trainers i look for and respect in these sort of races , she can certainly ready one. Sends just this one to the course which caught my eye. Jockey Jason Hart has a win and a place from his two rides to date on the horse , not been in the best of form winner wise but hes more than capable of getting one home and has a 12.5% strike rate here this term.

Good luck Sean and great analysis again:thumb

Saturday 15th July

1.45 Ascot - Vintage Clarets 9/1 (365) :hissyfit 3rd - Zarzyni 10/1 (365,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit

5.30 York - Ghathanfar 12/1 (365) :hissyfit- Doctor Khan Junior 7/1 (365) Non Runner

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Doctor Khan Junior 7/1 Non Runner
Vintage Clarets 9/1 Lost (3rd)
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost

Bets 25 .. Won 6 .. EP +8.42 / SP +1.50

Tuesday 18th July

8.10 Southwell - Faerie Cutlass 7/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Pure Surf 7/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Couple in this one caught my eye , first of those is FAERIE CUTLASS who comes into this on the back of two solid runs previously this term , first time cheekpieces worked the oracle on her penultimate run when beating Mrs Kinsella at Worcester , and she followed that up with a sound effort last time out when second to Midnight Gold here at Shuvvel over 2m4 1/2f , this will be the first time shes attempted 3m 1/2f but she looks as though she'll get the trip and i trust the trainer to know what hes doing. Those last two runs have been her best outings to date imho and if shes in the same sort of form then i think she can go close here. Trainer Kim Bailey knows the time of day and hes someone i rate highly gotta be honest , and he sends just this one to the course this evening and he has a 16% strike rate overall round here. David Bass also goes for just this one , and he has a win and a place from his seven rides aboard the horse , and he has a 15% strike rate here at Southwell. Now shes finally got her head in front she looks a different horse and i think she can go well if getting the distance. PURE SURF is the other one i like the look of , as with the other selections comes into this in fine fettle with a win in her penultimate race , beating Sinnderella by 4 3/4 lengths at Cartmel over 2m6f and followed that up last time out with a decent second under a penalty here at Southwell over 2m4 1/2f , has had two attempts at todays distance and was unplaced in both but in her current form and with Brian Hughes in the saddle for the first time i'm hopeful of a better showing. As i said Brian Hughes gets the steering job for the first time , and he has a 22% strike rate over the last fortnight , and a 30% strike rate when coming here this season. Trainer Iain Jardine has just this one at the meeting , which makes him the longest traveller of the day here and he has a 33% strike rate overall when sending them here , and its a long way to send just one just for an evening out. Think she could go close.

3.10 Beverley - A Bit Of A Quirke 10/1 (SkyBet) - Rory The Cat 9/4 (365)
Going double handed in this one , firstly A BIT OF A QUIRKE who hasnt been in the best of form lately i have to admit but you discount him round here at your peril ! As i just said forms a bit lacklustre at the moment but that the means the handicapper has been lessening his grip on him , gets in here off 54 and has won off as high as 68 in the past so looks to have a chance here to me , he might be getting on in years but i dont think hes a back number just yet , and as i say round here where he has six wins and seven places from twenty two runs over CD you couldnt honestly discount him. Mark Walford sends just this one to the course , and hes been in decent form lately with a 22.9% strike rate over the past month , and has a 20% strike rate when sending his runners here this term. Jockey Jack Garrity also enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 19% strike rate in the past three weeks , this term when riding here at Beverley he has a 26.7% strike rate and when he and the trainer have paired up over the last three weeks they have a 28% strike rate. If on song he would be a major danger to all. The other one i like is RORY THE CAT , who finally got off the mark on his penultimate run over CD at the back end of June , followed that up with a great effort at Ayr when just denied by a head by Braes Of Dune , so comes into the race in good nick and at three years old could well improve on those outings. Lucinda Russell is a trainer who i respect and she sends just this one on the long haul from her Perth yard making him the longest traveller at the meeting and i cant see her sending him here for an afternoon out. Oisin Orr in the plate and hes placed on his sole start on the horse , and hes got a 15.8% strike rate here at Beverley this term and is also here for just this one. Should be making his presence felt.

Tuesday 18th July

8.10 Southwell - Faerie Cutlass 7/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) Non Runner - Pure Surf 7/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Couple in this one caught my eye , first of those is FAERIE CUTLASS who comes into this on the back of two solid runs previously this term , first time cheekpieces worked the oracle on her penultimate run when beating Mrs Kinsella at Worcester , and she followed that up with a sound effort last time out when second to Midnight Gold here at Shuvvel over 2m4 1/2f , this will be the first time shes attempted 3m 1/2f but she looks as though she'll get the trip and i trust the trainer to know what hes doing. Those last two runs have been her best outings to date imho and if shes in the same sort of form then i think she can go close here. Trainer Kim Bailey knows the time of day and hes someone i rate highly gotta be honest , and he sends just this one to the course this evening and he has a 16% strike rate overall round here. David Bass also goes for just this one , and he has a win and a place from his seven rides aboard the horse , and he has a 15% strike rate here at Southwell. Now shes finally got her head in front she looks a different horse and i think she can go well if getting the distance. PURE SURF is the other one i like the look of , as with the other selections comes into this in fine fettle with a win in her penultimate race , beating Sinnderella by 4 3/4 lengths at Cartmel over 2m6f and followed that up last time out with a decent second under a penalty here at Southwell over 2m4 1/2f , has had two attempts at todays distance and was unplaced in both but in her current form and with Brian Hughes in the saddle for the first time i'm hopeful of a better showing. As i said Brian Hughes gets the steering job for the first time , and he has a 22% strike rate over the last fortnight , and a 30% strike rate when coming here this season. Trainer Iain Jardine has just this one at the meeting , which makes him the longest traveller of the day here and he has a 33% strike rate overall when sending them here , and its a long way to send just one just for an evening out. Think she could go close.

3.10 Beverley - A Bit Of A Quirke 10/1 (SkyBet) :hissyfit - Rory The Cat 9/4 (365) :thumb 1st 2/1
Going double handed in this one , firstly A BIT OF A QUIRKE who hasnt been in the best of form lately i have to admit but you discount him round here at your peril ! As i just said forms a bit lacklustre at the moment but that the means the handicapper has been lessening his grip on him , gets in here off 54 and has won off as high as 68 in the past so looks to have a chance here to me , he might be getting on in years but i dont think hes a back number just yet , and as i say round here where he has six wins and seven places from twenty two runs over CD you couldnt honestly discount him. Mark Walford sends just this one to the course , and hes been in decent form lately with a 22.9% strike rate over the past month , and has a 20% strike rate when sending his runners here this term. Jockey Jack Garrity also enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 19% strike rate in the past three weeks , this term when riding here at Beverley he has a 26.7% strike rate and when he and the trainer have paired up over the last three weeks they have a 28% strike rate. If on song he would be a major danger to all. The other one i like is RORY THE CAT , who finally got off the mark on his penultimate run over CD at the back end of June , followed that up with a great effort at Ayr when just denied by a head by Braes Of Dune , so comes into the race in good nick and at three years old could well improve on those outings. Lucinda Russell is a trainer who i respect and she sends just this one on the long haul from her Perth yard making him the longest traveller at the meeting and i cant see her sending him here for an afternoon out. Oisin Orr in the plate and hes placed on his sole start on the horse , and hes got a 15.8% strike rate here at Beverley this term and is also here for just this one. Should be making his presence felt.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Faerie Cutlass 7/2 Non Runner
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost
Bit Of A Quirke 10/1 Lost
Rory The Cat 9/4 :thumb 1st 2/1

Bets 28 .. Won 7 .. EP +8.67 / SP +1.50

Thursday 20th July

5.40 Worcester - Dicey Reilly 13/8 (365) - Princess Midnight 4/1 (Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Couple i like in this one , starting with favourite DICEY REILLY , whose won two of her last three races , last time out she beat Tara Brooch by 5 lengths , and her other win came here over 2m7f when she won by 4 3/4 lengths beating I'm A Starman , and in between she managed a decent second at Aintree over 3m 1/2f .. those runs came over hurdles and shes returning to the bigger obstacles today , and given that she has won a chase before im hoping for a decent showing. The fact she gets in here off a 5lb lower mark didnt go un noticed either , nor did the fact that bang in form Peter Bowen sends just this one out today , has a 29% strike rate over the past three weeks , and has a 33.3% strike rate when sending his runners here this season , son Sean in the plate and he too is in flying form , with a 46% strike rate in the past fortnight , and has a 35% strike rate when riding here this term. When the pair have combined in the last three weeks they come away with a 28% strike rate. Has ridden the horse seven times before resulting in two wins and two places , shouldnt be far away. If Dicey Reilly slips up then the one to take advantage i think is last years winner PRINCESS MIDNIGHT who comes into this after two solid runs since her return to action after 187 days off , coming second in both of them , and generally speaking she is a very consistent mare who hold her form well overall. Looking at her two runs this year i cant see it being long before she manages to get her head in front , seems to like it here at Worcester never having been unplaced over todays CD with two wins and three places from her five runs. Distance , Class and Going all look fine to me and i think she wont be far away, Joe Tizzard has just this one her this evening , and he has a 30% strike rate here overall whilst Brendan Powell in the hot seat , has ridden the horse twelve times with three wins and five places being the end result.

8.55 Worcester - No Way Pedro 5/2 (Coral,Hills,SkyBet,Lads,BFred) - Bluebella 3/1 (365)
A few of these look as though they could play a part in the finish but i'm gonna side with a couple who i think can go very close , first one of those is top weight NO WAY PEDRO , who arrives on the back of two wins and is looking for the three timer , those two runs have been his first starts in Britain having left Michael Butler in Ireland for Brian Barrs yard back in June , the change of scenery seems to have worked the oracle for him as he looked a different horse from his races in Ireland. Those runs came over 2 miles but this step up to 2m4f shouldnt pose too much of a problem as he has run well over it back in his native Ireland - 3,PU,2,4 .. Won on sole start at the course and is one from one in class five races. Trainer has just this one here tonight and he has his stable in decent form at the moment with a 60% strike rate over the past month , whilst jockey Beau Morgan also comes here for just this one ride , takes off a handy 5lb and rode the horse last time out making it one from one for the partnership , he too has been in fine form with a 50% strike rate in the last twenty one days and when jockey and trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 66% strike rate. Should be making his presence felt come the business end of things. BLUEBELLA is the other horse i think can go well , hasnt been out of the first two since returning to action back in May - 1,2,2 .. won by 6 lengths on her return to the fray over this evenings CD and in her subsequent two races since has acquitted herself well coming second both times and not beaten far in either of those races , so obviously in good form and another decent run looks as though it could be in the offing. Tom Lacey has a 15% strike rate here at Worcester whilst 5lb claimer Finn Lambert back on board , has ridden her twice to date winning once and placing in the other. Been riding well lately with a 33% strike rate in the last three weeks.

Thursday 20th July

5.40 Worcester - Dicey Reilly 13/8 (365) :thumb 1st 10/11 - Princess Midnight 4/1 (Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Couple i like in this one , starting with favourite DICEY REILLY , whose won two of her last three races , last time out she beat Tara Brooch by 5 lengths , and her other win came here over 2m7f when she won by 4 3/4 lengths beating I'm A Starman , and in between she managed a decent second at Aintree over 3m 1/2f .. those runs came over hurdles and shes returning to the bigger obstacles today , and given that she has won a chase before im hoping for a decent showing. The fact she gets in here off a 5lb lower mark didnt go un noticed either , nor did the fact that bang in form Peter Bowen sends just this one out today , has a 29% strike rate over the past three weeks , and has a 33.3% strike rate when sending his runners here this season , son Sean in the plate and he too is in flying form , with a 46% strike rate in the past fortnight , and has a 35% strike rate when riding here this term. When the pair have combined in the last three weeks they come away with a 28% strike rate. Has ridden the horse seven times before resulting in two wins and two places , shouldnt be far away. If Dicey Reilly slips up then the one to take advantage i think is last years winner PRINCESS MIDNIGHT who comes into this after two solid runs since her return to action after 187 days off , coming second in both of them , and generally speaking she is a very consistent mare who hold her form well overall. Looking at her two runs this year i cant see it being long before she manages to get her head in front , seems to like it here at Worcester never having been unplaced over todays CD with two wins and three places from her five runs. Distance , Class and Going all look fine to me and i think she wont be far away, Joe Tizzard has just this one her this evening , and he has a 30% strike rate here overall whilst Brendan Powell in the hot seat , has ridden the horse twelve times with three wins and five places being the end result.

8.55 Worcester - No Way Pedro 5/2 (Coral,Hills,SkyBet,Lads,BFred) - Bluebella 3/1 (365)
A few of these look as though they could play a part in the finish but i'm gonna side with a couple who i think can go very close , first one of those is top weight NO WAY PEDRO , who arrives on the back of two wins and is looking for the three timer , those two runs have been his first starts in Britain having left Michael Butler in Ireland for Brian Barrs yard back in June , the change of scenery seems to have worked the oracle for him as he looked a different horse from his races in Ireland. Those runs came over 2 miles but this step up to 2m4f shouldnt pose too much of a problem as he has run well over it back in his native Ireland - 3,PU,2,4 .. Won on sole start at the course and is one from one in class five races. Trainer has just this one here tonight and he has his stable in decent form at the moment with a 60% strike rate over the past month , whilst jockey Beau Morgan also comes here for just this one ride , takes off a handy 5lb and rode the horse last time out making it one from one for the partnership , he too has been in fine form with a 50% strike rate in the last twenty one days and when jockey and trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 66% strike rate. Should be making his presence felt come the business end of things. BLUEBELLA is the other horse i think can go well , hasnt been out of the first two since returning to action back in May - 1,2,2 .. won by 6 lengths on her return to the fray over this evenings CD and in her subsequent two races since has acquitted herself well coming second both times and not beaten far in either of those races , so obviously in good form and another decent run looks as though it could be in the offing. Tom Lacey has a 15% strike rate here at Worcester whilst 5lb claimer Finn Lambert back on board , has ridden her twice to date winning once and placing in the other. Been riding well lately with a 33% strike rate in the last three weeks.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost
Dicey Reilly 13/8 :thumb 1st 10/11

Princess Midnight 4/1 Lost
No Way Pedro 5/2 :thumb 1st 3/1
Bluebella 3/1 Lost

Bets 28 .. Won 7 .. EP +10.80 / SP +3.41

Friday 21st July

9.00 Pontefract - Round The Island 10/1 (365,BFred) - Corinthia Knight 10/1 (365)
A couple at decent prices stand out to me for this one , first up is bottom weight ROUND THE ISLAND whose a bit of a course specialist here at Ponte with seven wins and four places from his 26 runs over tonights CD , comes into this after a length third to Rain Cap at Catterick over 7f , i think he'll do better dropped back to the 6f here today which seems to be his optimum trip. Has won off higher than todays mark , and goes on any ground , and the class isnt a problem , not too badly drawn and if arriving in the same sort of form as he was in last time out then he should be there come the line , trainer Simon Whitaker has just this one here this evening , and Duran Fentiman in the plate for the first time , gotta be honest and say not a huge fan of the jockey but the trainer knows better than me so happy to have a go if he thinks hes good enough. The other one i like is CORINTHIA KNIGHT who like the other selection seems to be a bit of a course specialist with five wins and two places from ten runs over CD , and six wins and two places from 11 outings at the course overall. Made a decent enough comeback after a lay off when fourth over CD but then ran too poorly to be true last time out coming last of 14 , again over CD. Given his record here im willing to forgive him that run and will hopefully see a much better effort tonight. Going , distance and class are all fine and has won off higher marks than tonights which is another thing in his favour i think , Archie Watson has just this one at the meeting tonight and he has an 11% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and overall has a 29% strike rate here overall along with a profit of +£7.27. Jockey Daniel Tudhope in the plate and he has a 16% strike rate in the past fortnight , and like the trainer has a decent strike rate at the course overall 17.1% and when the pair have pooled their talents over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate. If on song he can definatley make his presence felt.

3.50 Haydock - Prince Alex 5/1 (365)
PRINCE ALEX looks an interesting contender in this one to me , has come fourth twice since leaving Johnny Murtaghs' yard for Tom Dascombes (was originally with Michael Bell) , and after having 336 days off course , so hopefully those two runs will have helped to have him ship shape and bristol fashion for this one today , catches my eye that he is now 4lb lower than his last winning mark and that he is dropping in grade , usually contesting stronger races than this which must give him a slight edge imo if he comes into this match fit. Won on his only start over CD , back in September of 2020 , and is one from one when contesting class 4 races. Distance and Ground should pose no problem and should be making his presence felt. Trainer Tom Dacombe sends just this one to the meeting , and has a 17% strike rate when sending his runner here overall , whilst it caught my eye that Irish jockey Gary Halpin comes here for just this one ride which i found interesting , long way to come for just one ride i'm thinking. All things considered i think hes worth a punt.

Friday 21st July

9.00 Pontefract - Round The Island 10/1 (365,BFred) :hissyfit- Corinthia Knight 10/1 (365) :hissyfit
A couple at decent prices stand out to me for this one , first up is bottom weight ROUND THE ISLAND whose a bit of a course specialist here at Ponte with seven wins and four places from his 26 runs over tonights CD , comes into this after a length third to Rain Cap at Catterick over 7f , i think he'll do better dropped back to the 6f here today which seems to be his optimum trip. Has won off higher than todays mark , and goes on any ground , and the class isnt a problem , not too badly drawn and if arriving in the same sort of form as he was in last time out then he should be there come the line , trainer Simon Whitaker has just this one here this evening , and Duran Fentiman in the plate for the first time , gotta be honest and say not a huge fan of the jockey but the trainer knows better than me so happy to have a go if he thinks hes good enough. The other one i like is CORINTHIA KNIGHT who like the other selection seems to be a bit of a course specialist with five wins and two places from ten runs over CD , and six wins and two places from 11 outings at the course overall. Made a decent enough comeback after a lay off when fourth over CD but then ran too poorly to be true last time out coming last of 14 , again over CD. Given his record here im willing to forgive him that run and will hopefully see a much better effort tonight. Going , distance and class are all fine and has won off higher marks than tonights which is another thing in his favour i think , Archie Watson has just this one at the meeting tonight and he has an 11% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and overall has a 29% strike rate here overall along with a profit of +£7.27. Jockey Daniel Tudhope in the plate and he has a 16% strike rate in the past fortnight , and like the trainer has a decent strike rate at the course overall 17.1% and when the pair have pooled their talents over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate. If on song he can definatley make his presence felt.

3.50 Haydock - Prince Alex 5/1 (365) :hissyfit
PRINCE ALEX looks an interesting contender in this one to me , has come fourth twice since leaving Johnny Murtaghs' yard for Tom Dascombes (was originally with Michael Bell) , and after having 336 days off course , so hopefully those two runs will have helped to have him ship shape and bristol fashion for this one today , catches my eye that he is now 4lb lower than his last winning mark and that he is dropping in grade , usually contesting stronger races than this which must give him a slight edge imo if he comes into this match fit. Won on his only start over CD , back in September of 2020 , and is one from one when contesting class 4 races. Distance and Ground should pose no problem and should be making his presence felt. Trainer Tom Dacombe sends just this one to the meeting , and has a 17% strike rate when sending his runner here overall , whilst it caught my eye that Irish jockey Gary Halpin comes here for just this one ride which i found interesting , long way to come for just one ride i'm thinking. All things considered i think hes worth a punt.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost

Bluebella 3/1 Lost
Prince Alex 5/1 Lost
Corinthia Knight 10/1 Lost
Round The Island 10/1 Lost

Bets 35 .. Won 7 .. EP +7.80 / SP +0.41

Saturday 22nd July

2.40 Market Rasen - Manor Park 16/1 (365,Coral,Lads)
MANOR PARK comes into this on the back of a decent win last time out , beating the re opposing Glorious Zoff by half a length , despite the distance not being the biggest of winning margins i think he won with a bit in hand that day and i'm hoping that he can go well again at a decent price. Goes up 3lb for that win and hes now on a career high mark but the jockey helps with that by taking off 5lb (was claiming 7lb when he won on him last time) , takes a step up in class from last time out , class 3 to class 2 , but generally holds his form well and i think he can acquit himself well here today if he puts his best foot forward. Trainer Brian Barr has just this one out today and he done us a favour the other day , has his string in great form at the moment with a 57.1% strike rate over the last four weeks , and has a 25% strike rate here at Market Rasen overall. Beau Morgan in the saddle and hes one from one aboard the horse , and he too is bang in form with a 56% strike rate over the last three weeks , and as i said earlier claims a valuable 5lb. When trainer and jockey have teamed up over the past three weeks they have a 75% strike rate.

3.05 Newmarket - Just A Spark 4/1 (365) - Equiano Springs 10/1 (365)
Open looking handicap where a few of the principals look to hold chances but theres two that stand out for me , the first one of those is JUST A SPARK who beat Firece last time out by 3/4 length over this afternoons CD , the runner up went in on his next run as did the fifth (Girl Magic) and sixth (Knebworth) so the form of that race looks to me to be solid. Has gone up 3lb for that win but looks to me that there could be more to come from the filly and i dont think you could honestly discount her from following up. That win was the first on the turf (fourth run on turf) after a good spell on the all weather where she held her form well , now she has that first win on the green stuff under her saddle i think she can go well again. Brian Millman has just this one at the course today , and hes a trainer i rate , knows the time of day and has a 17.2% strike rate over the last month along with a profit of +£12.17 , and when coming here over the last five years hes enjoyed a 33.3% strike rate alongside a healthy profit of +£25.67. jockey Rossa Ryan is a jockey i like to keep on side if i can and has an 18% strike rate over the last fortnight , first time up on the horse , and when coming here in the last five years has a 19.8% strike rate along with an enviable profit of £52.12. The old timer EQUIANO SPRINGS is the other one i like the look of for this , not been at his best this far this season but is two from two here over CD so im very hopeful that a return to somewhere where he has run well at in the past rejuvenates him and we can see him at his best , despite coming 8th of 16 last time out there were signs that he could be on his way back to form and the fact that his mark is coming down and hes now 2lb below his last winning mark hes beginning so a decent showing here this afternoon wouldnt be a great shock. Distance , class and going all no problem and the fact Tom Tate sends just this one to the meeting could spell that he means business , has a 41.7% strike rate over the last five years when sending them to HQ from his North Yorks base , and also has a very healthy +£32.50 profit to boot. Tom Queally also here for just this one ride today and he has a 31% strike rate in the last two weeks , has ridden the horse ten times before resulting in four wins and a place , everything points to a solid effort to me.

2.25 Newbury - Apparate 20/1 (365,BFred) - Novel Legend 13/2 (365,Hills,Lads,BFred,Coral)
Couple in this class two handicap stand out for me , first one is the nicely priced APPARATE who made a nice debut for his new yard when a neck second on his re appearance , that was a good solid effort after 587 days on the side lines and after leaving Roger Varians yard for Jamie Osbournes , before his hiatus he was pretty consistent overall and has won over 1m6 1/2f so definatley worth a go at this distance this afternoon. Placed on his sole start here at Newbury , and going and class should pose no problems , only had twelve runs in his career to date and thats low mileage for a seven year old so entirely possible he can improve and should come on for that initial outing after that long lay off.Trainer has just this one here and has a 12% strike rate in the past 21 days , whilst Saffie Osbourne rode him last time out so one place from one ride to date and shes a decent jockey on her day. NOVEL LEGEND is the other one that catches my eye , had been running well this year until last time out when he could only manage seventh but he could of found the 2m4f a bit of s stretch so possible excuses for that poor showing , as i say prior to that his runs this year have yielded figures of 1,1,2 , one of those wins being over todays CD , was second to the re opposing Zinc White on his penultimate outing over 2m2 1/2f but im hopeful that he can reverse those placings here this afternoon. One from one over CD and a win and a place here at Newbury from his two runs to date , never been unplaced over todays distance in three outings (two wins and a place) , Jamie Fanshawe has just this one representing him at the meeting today , and you can never discount one of his runners imho , not been in the best of from lately but has a 12% strike rate here overall , and it caught my eye that William Buick is in the plate for the first time today. Has been in fine form lately with a 30% strike rate over the last three weeks. Should be in the mix come the finishing line.

4.00 Cartmel - Tontos Spirit 11/2 (365) - Glan Y Gors 11/2 (365)
Two for me in this open looking handicap chase , first one is top weight TONTOS SPIRIT , ran his best race this term last time out , over todays CD , and hopefully at a course he runs so well at he can improve on that here this afternoon .. has seven wins from fourteen starts over CD , and 8 wins and a place from 18 runs at the course overall , apparently hes the winning most horse at Cartmel , so im hoping that he can deliver the goods here and add to his impressive tally. Comes into this 2lb lower than his last race and has won off much higher in the past , and his amateur jockey eases the burden further with his 7lb claim. Anthony O'Neills first time on the horse today and he has a 100% strike rate over the last 3 weeks , also has a 100% strike rate here at Cartmel over the last five years , whilst the trainer has just this one at the course this afternoon , should definatley be making his presence felt at the business end of things. GLAN Y GORS is the other selection and another who seems to like it here at Cartmel with two wins and two places from six outings over CD and he won this race last year. Comes into this on the back of a solid effort over CD last time and had the re opposing Tontos Spirit (other selection) and Arderas Cross behind him so theres every chance that he can come out on top again. Mark Weatherer only has this one at the meeting and has a 17% strike rate here at Cartmel whilst Lorcan Murtagh in the plate , has one place from his two rides (last two runs) , should be there or thereabouts.

Saturday 22nd July

2.40 Market Rasen - Manor Park 16/1 (365,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit
MANOR PARK comes into this on the back of a decent win last time out , beating the re opposing Glorious Zoff by half a length , despite the distance not being the biggest of winning margins i think he won with a bit in hand that day and i'm hoping that he can go well again at a decent price. Goes up 3lb for that win and hes now on a career high mark but the jockey helps with that by taking off 5lb (was claiming 7lb when he won on him last time) , takes a step up in class from last time out , class 3 to class 2 , but generally holds his form well and i think he can acquit himself well here today if he puts his best foot forward. Trainer Brian Barr has just this one out today and he done us a favour the other day , has his string in great form at the moment with a 57.1% strike rate over the last four weeks , and has a 25% strike rate here at Market Rasen overall. Beau Morgan in the saddle and hes one from one aboard the horse , and he too is bang in form with a 56% strike rate over the last three weeks , and as i said earlier claims a valuable 5lb. When trainer and jockey have teamed up over the past three weeks they have a 75% strike rate.

3.05 Newmarket - Just A Spark 4/1 (365) :hissyfit - Equiano Springs 10/1 (365) :thumb 1st 5/1
Open looking handicap where a few of the principals look to hold chances but theres two that stand out for me , the first one of those is JUST A SPARK who beat Firece last time out by 3/4 length over this afternoons CD , the runner up went in on his next run as did the fifth (Girl Magic) and sixth (Knebworth) so the form of that race looks to me to be solid. Has gone up 3lb for that win but looks to me that there could be more to come from the filly and i dont think you could honestly discount her from following up. That win was the first on the turf (fourth run on turf) after a good spell on the all weather where she held her form well , now she has that first win on the green stuff under her saddle i think she can go well again. Brian Millman has just this one at the course today , and hes a trainer i rate , knows the time of day and has a 17.2% strike rate over the last month along with a profit of +£12.17 , and when coming here over the last five years hes enjoyed a 33.3% strike rate alongside a healthy profit of +£25.67. jockey Rossa Ryan is a jockey i like to keep on side if i can and has an 18% strike rate over the last fortnight , first time up on the horse , and when coming here in the last five years has a 19.8% strike rate along with an enviable profit of £52.12. The old timer EQUIANO SPRINGS is the other one i like the look of for this , not been at his best this far this season but is two from two here over CD so im very hopeful that a return to somewhere where he has run well at in the past rejuvenates him and we can see him at his best , despite coming 8th of 16 last time out there were signs that he could be on his way back to form and the fact that his mark is coming down and hes now 2lb below his last winning mark hes beginning so a decent showing here this afternoon wouldnt be a great shock. Distance , class and going all no problem and the fact Tom Tate sends just this one to the meeting could spell that he means business , has a 41.7% strike rate over the last five years when sending them to HQ from his North Yorks base , and also has a very healthy +£32.50 profit to boot. Tom Queally also here for just this one ride today and he has a 31% strike rate in the last two weeks , has ridden the horse ten times before resulting in four wins and a place , everything points to a solid effort to me.

2.25 Newbury - Apparate 20/1 (365,BFred) :hissyfit - Novel Legend 13/2 (365,Hills,Lads,BFred,Coral) :hissyfit 2nd
Couple in this class two handicap stand out for me , first one is the nicely priced APPARATE who made a nice debut for his new yard when a neck second on his re appearance , that was a good solid effort after 587 days on the side lines and after leaving Roger Varians yard for Jamie Osbournes , before his hiatus he was pretty consistent overall and has won over 1m6 1/2f so definatley worth a go at this distance this afternoon. Placed on his sole start here at Newbury , and going and class should pose no problems , only had twelve runs in his career to date and thats low mileage for a seven year old so entirely possible he can improve and should come on for that initial outing after that long lay off.Trainer has just this one here and has a 12% strike rate in the past 21 days , whilst Saffie Osbourne rode him last time out so one place from one ride to date and shes a decent jockey on her day. NOVEL LEGEND is the other one that catches my eye , had been running well this year until last time out when he could only manage seventh but he could of found the 2m4f a bit of s stretch so possible excuses for that poor showing , as i say prior to that his runs this year have yielded figures of 1,1,2 , one of those wins being over todays CD , was second to the re opposing Zinc White on his penultimate outing over 2m2 1/2f but im hopeful that he can reverse those placings here this afternoon. One from one over CD and a win and a place here at Newbury from his two runs to date , never been unplaced over todays distance in three outings (two wins and a place) , Jamie Fanshawe has just this one representing him at the meeting today , and you can never discount one of his runners imho , not been in the best of from lately but has a 12% strike rate here overall , and it caught my eye that William Buick is in the plate for the first time today. Has been in fine form lately with a 30% strike rate over the last three weeks. Should be in the mix come the finishing line.

4.00 Cartmel - Tontos Spirit 11/2 (365) - Glan Y Gors 11/2 (365)
Two for me in this open looking handicap chase , first one is top weight TONTOS SPIRIT , ran his best race this term last time out , over todays CD , and hopefully at a course he runs so well at he can improve on that here this afternoon .. has seven wins from fourteen starts over CD , and 8 wins and a place from 18 runs at the course overall , apparently hes the winning most horse at Cartmel , so im hoping that he can deliver the goods here and add to his impressive tally. Comes into this 2lb lower than his last race and has won off much higher in the past , and his amateur jockey eases the burden further with his 7lb claim. Anthony O'Neills first time on the horse today and he has a 100% strike rate over the last 3 weeks , also has a 100% strike rate here at Cartmel over the last five years , whilst the trainer has just this one at the course this afternoon , should definatley be making his presence felt at the business end of things. GLAN Y GORS is the other selection and another who seems to like it here at Cartmel with two wins and two places from six outings over CD and he won this race last year. Comes into this on the back of a solid effort over CD last time and had the re opposing Tontos Spirit (other selection) and Arderas Cross behind him so theres every chance that he can come out on top again. Mark Weatherer only has this one at the meeting and has a 17% strike rate here at Cartmel whilst Lorcan Murtagh in the plate , has one place from his two rides (last two runs) , should be there or thereabouts.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost

Bluebella 3/1 Lost
Prince Alex 5/1 Lost
Corinthia Knight 10/1 Lost
Round The Island 10/1 Lost
Manor Park 16/1 Lost
Just A Spark 4/1 Lost
Equiano Springs 10/1 :thumb 1st 5/1
Apparate 20/1 Lost
Novel Legend 11/2 Lost (2nd)
Tontos Spirit 11/2 Lost
Glan Y Gors 11/2 Lost

Bets 42 .. Won 10 .. EP +11.80 / SP -0.59

Sunday 23rd July

3.35 Newton Abbot - Sandalwood 9/4 (365)
SANDALWOOD done this thread a favour earlier in the month and i'm hoping that he can repeat the feat today. That was his first win last time out and he done it well beating Clapton Hill by 6 lengths , and now he knows how to get his head in front i'm thinking that theres every chance he can do it again especially as theres every chance he can improve with this step up in trip. That win was here so he has a win and a place from his two outings at Newton Abbot. The fact that Paul Nicholls has just this one out today caught my attention , has a 50% strike rate over the last three weeks , and does well here at Newton Abbott with a 50% strike rate this term and a 27% strike rate over the last five years. Harry Cobden in the plate and he has a win and a place from his six rides on the horse , been in good form lately with a 25% strike rate in the last three weeks and overall when coming here he has a 23.8% strike rate. Going shouldnt pose a problem and should be getting involved.

3.22 Stratford - Cracking Destiny 7/2 (Hills,SkyBet)
Trappy six horse race where most of them look as though they hold some sort of chance but im gonna side with CRACKING DESTINY who made it two from two here last time out when winning over this afternoons CD , won the race well that day and although hes now 5lb higher i think he can go very close here as hes won off higher in the past. The distance , class and going boxes are all ticked. Ewan Whillans sends just this one to the meeting making him the longest traveller of the day , which could be worth noting as in the last five years when sending his runners here he has a 75% strike rate along with a profit of +£50.00 , jockey Craig Nichol also here for just this one and he has a 33.3% strike rate when coming here over the last five years. Has won on both starts on the selection to date and i think theres every chance they could make three from three here today.

Sunday 23rd July

3.35 Newton Abbot - Sandalwood 9/4 (365) :hissyfit
SANDALWOOD done this thread a favour earlier in the month and i'm hoping that he can repeat the feat today. That was his first win last time out and he done it well beating Clapton Hill by 6 lengths , and now he knows how to get his head in front i'm thinking that theres every chance he can do it again especially as theres every chance he can improve with this step up in trip. That win was here so he has a win and a place from his two outings at Newton Abbot. The fact that Paul Nicholls has just this one out today caught my attention , has a 50% strike rate over the last three weeks , and does well here at Newton Abbott with a 50% strike rate this term and a 27% strike rate over the last five years. Harry Cobden in the plate and he has a win and a place from his six rides on the horse , been in good form lately with a 25% strike rate in the last three weeks and overall when coming here he has a 23.8% strike rate. Going shouldnt pose a problem and should be getting involved.

3.22 Stratford - Cracking Destiny 7/2 (Hills,SkyBet) :hissyfit 2nd
Trappy six horse race where most of them look as though they hold some sort of chance but im gonna side with CRACKING DESTINY who made it two from two here last time out when winning over this afternoons CD , won the race well that day and although hes now 5lb higher i think he can go very close here as hes won off higher in the past. The distance , class and going boxes are all ticked. Ewan Whillans sends just this one to the meeting making him the longest traveller of the day , which could be worth noting as in the last five years when sending his runners here he has a 75% strike rate along with a profit of +£50.00 , jockey Craig Nichol also here for just this one and he has a 33.3% strike rate when coming here over the last five years. Has won on both starts on the selection to date and i think theres every chance they could make three from three here today.

Back