• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Monday 3rd July

3.00 Southwell - Getaway Jewel 2/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads,BFred) - Duke Of Luckley 5/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Couple in this race catch my eye , firstly last time out winner GETAWAY JEWEL , absolutely tonked the opposition in that race by 10 lengths over todays CD and im not sure that a 7lb penalty will be enough to stop him following up. That win came after a solid second at Newcastle , so obviously in fine fettle at the moment , have to admit probably never beat much last time , and this race does look slightly stronger if i'm being honest but given the fact the selection seems to be in good form im willing to take a chance that he can go well again. Micky Hammond has just this one at the meeting today , and he has a 50% strike rate at the course this term , whilst Brian Hughes is in the plate , ridden him the last twice and overall he has four wins and three places from ten rides so seems to get on with the horse. Been amongst the winners lately with a 16.8% strike rate over the past four weeks , and when coming here this season he has a 37.5% strike rate , and when the trainer and jockey have combined their talents over the last three weeks they have a 25% strike rate. I think he'll be making his presence felt. The other one i like the chances of is DUKE OF LUCKLEY who arrives after a break of 78 days , and hadnt been setting the world alight beforehand to be honest but the addition of a first time visor could well work the oracle , and hopefully can see him jump better and go close. Is one from one over todays CD , and has won off a higher mark than todays. Martin Keighley has just this one representing him here today , has a 33% strike rate in the last fortnight and has a 17% strike rate overall when sending his runners here. Sean Bowen gets the ride , and its good to see him back onboard as he seems to get on with the horse , with both the horses wins to date coming when the jockey was at the reigns , hes been in good form lately with a 31% strike rate over the last two weeks , and has a 26.7% strike rate when riding here this term. If the visor has the desired effect i think this one should be on the premises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday 3rd July

3.00 Southwell - Getaway Jewel 2/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads,BFred) :hissyfit- Duke Of Luckley 5/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Couple in this race catch my eye , firstly last time out winner GETAWAY JEWEL , absolutely tonked the opposition in that race by 10 lengths over todays CD and im not sure that a 7lb penalty will be enough to stop him following up. That win came after a solid second at Newcastle , so obviously in fine fettle at the moment , have to admit probably never beat much last time , and this race does look slightly stronger if i'm being honest but given the fact the selection seems to be in good form im willing to take a chance that he can go well again. Micky Hammond has just this one at the meeting today , and he has a 50% strike rate at the course this term , whilst Brian Hughes is in the plate , ridden him the last twice and overall he has four wins and three places from ten rides so seems to get on with the horse. Been amongst the winners lately with a 16.8% strike rate over the past four weeks , and when coming here this season he has a 37.5% strike rate , and when the trainer and jockey have combined their talents over the last three weeks they have a 25% strike rate. I think he'll be making his presence felt. The other one i like the chances of is DUKE OF LUCKLEY who arrives after a break of 78 days , and hadnt been setting the world alight beforehand to be honest but the addition of a first time visor could well work the oracle , and hopefully can see him jump better and go close. Is one from one over todays CD , and has won off a higher mark than todays. Martin Keighley has just this one representing him here today , has a 33% strike rate in the last fortnight and has a 17% strike rate overall when sending his runners here. Sean Bowen gets the ride , and its good to see him back onboard as he seems to get on with the horse , with both the horses wins to date coming when the jockey was at the reigns , hes been in good form lately with a 31% strike rate over the last two weeks , and has a 26.7% strike rate when riding here this term. If the visor has the desired effect i think this one should be on the premises.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost

Bets 2 .. Won .. EP -2.00 / SP -2.00

Tuesday 4th July

6.30 Ffos Las - The Cola Kid 9/2 (365) - Bama Lama 9/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Probably another ill advised foray into Apprentice handicaps but i do like the look of a couple in this , firstly THE COLA KID who went very close last time out , getting done by a short head over 7f here. The fact that hes being dropped back to 6f here this evening goes in his favour i think as all his wins to date have come over that distance. Has never won in a class 6 interestingly enough but has won in higher grades , and gets in here off a lowly mark imho as hes won off as high as 65 in the past so that must give him a chance. Hasnt won for a while now but i think his turn is coming as is evident by his last run , if he repeats that run he can close here i think. Conor Planas is great value for his 3lb claim imho and hes bang in form at the moment with a 33% strike rate over the last three weeks , placed on his sole start on the horse (last time out) , whilst trainer Grace Harris has just this one out at the meeting today , if on song should definatley be in the thick of things. BAMA LAMA is the other one i like the look of , like the other selection its been a while since she has gotten her head in front but there were signs that she could be coming back to form with a decent looking 3/4 length third to Connies Rose at Chepstow. Placed on only start over todays CD but has won and placed twice from her three outings at the course overall. Shes now down to her last winning mark , which came over 5f here at Ffos Las interestingly enough, Trainer has been amongst the winners of late with a 33% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and has a 17.6% strike rate overall when bringing his runners here. Oliver Searle is another decent young claimer and hes here for just this one this evening , fourth of eight on his only ride on her to date , but im hoping better can be expected today. Has a 50% strike rate over the last fortnight and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last 21 days they come away with a 33% strike rate. If in the same sort of mood as her last run i can see her going close.

3.17 Hamilton - Austrian Theory 4/1 (Hills,Coral,Lads) - Fantastic Fox 10/3 (365)
Trappy little race this one but a couple of the protaganists catch my eye , AUSTRIAN THEORY being the first of them , won this race off 1lb higher last year , ran abysmally last time out but won the time before at Epsom when he was allowed to dictate and lead and eventually beat Dutch Decoy by 1/2 length , i think if those tactics are employed today he should go very close in retaining his crown. Trainer Charlie Johnston has a 16% strike rate in the past three weeks , and the fact that Joe Fanning is here for this one ride did jump at me , won on the horse three times and like the trainer has a 16% strike rate over the last three weeks , and when coming here this season also has a 16% strike rate. If ridden prominently then i think he has an excellent chance of going in. FANTASTIC FOX is my other selection , hasnt been in great form lately admittedly and was behind the other selection at Epsom but is one from one over todays CD and has now having cheekpieces added , so hopefully they'll bring some improvement. Has won off higher than todays mark but has never won in the class which is slightly offputting i have to admit , but trainer Roger Varian is a shrewd fella and sends just this one here this afternoon on the long journey from Newmarket , 19% strike rate in the past couple of weeks , and is 100% here this season with his runners. David Egan also arrives for just this one ride , has two places from hos six rides aboard the horse , 17% strike rate at Hamilton overall and when he and the trainer have partnered in the last three weeks they have a 14% strike rate. If the cheekpieces have the desired effect i think he can go well.

4.17 Hamilton - Iris Dancer 4/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Slainte Mhath 13/2 (365)
Open looking race a few have serious claims but ive sided with two against the field , first one of those is IRIS DANCER who was fourth of nine last time at Carlisle , but sluiced in by 3 lengths over CD on her run before that. Given her record here at Hamilton you could honestly never discount her totally having won three times and placed three times from her 12 runs over this afternoons CD. Hasnt won off a mark this high before but has run well off a couple of lbs less , and given her lining for the course im not unduly concerned tbh. Other than that everything else looks fine , Tristan Davidson sends two to the races today and both run in this race but i would say that the selection is the main one , been doing well of late with a 44% strike rate in the past fortnight , and has a 21.2% strike rate at the course overall along side a small profit of +£2.88. Jockey Rowan Scott also here for this one ride and has won on the horse before. Should be there or thereabouts. The other selection is SLAINTE MHATH who ran poorly when 9th last time out at Southwell (over 7f) but like Iris Dancer returned here i think a better effort could well be on the cards , won twice and placed once from four runs over CD and also like Iris Dancer won over CD on his penultimate run beating So Grateful by a length and three quarters , that one has gone in since , as has the fourth (Iris Dancer) , the 5th (Kats Bob) came second on only run afterwards . Trainers only runner on the card and she has a 25% strike rate at Hamilton this term along with a profit of +£9.00 , Phil Dennis is also here for one ride and he has a 13% strike rate over the last two weeks and this season is showing a 36.4% strike rate at the course and a profit of +£7.75. Has ridden the horse eleven times before resulting in three wins and two places. All things considered i think she can go close here today

Tuesday 4th July

6.30 Ffos Las - The Cola Kid 9/2 (365) :thumb 1st 6/4 (25p R4 on EP) - Bama Lama 9/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 3rd
Probably another ill advised foray into Apprentice handicaps but i do like the look of a couple in this , firstly THE COLA KID who went very close last time out , getting done by a short head over 7f here. The fact that hes being dropped back to 6f here this evening goes in his favour i think as all his wins to date have come over that distance. Has never won in a class 6 interestingly enough but has won in higher grades , and gets in here off a lowly mark imho as hes won off as high as 65 in the past so that must give him a chance. Hasnt won for a while now but i think his turn is coming as is evident by his last run , if he repeats that run he can close here i think. Conor Planas is great value for his 3lb claim imho and hes bang in form at the moment with a 33% strike rate over the last three weeks , placed on his sole start on the horse (last time out) , whilst trainer Grace Harris has just this one out at the meeting today , if on song should definatley be in the thick of things. BAMA LAMA is the other one i like the look of , like the other selection its been a while since she has gotten her head in front but there were signs that she could be coming back to form with a decent looking 3/4 length third to Connies Rose at Chepstow. Placed on only start over todays CD but has won and placed twice from her three outings at the course overall. Shes now down to her last winning mark , which came over 5f here at Ffos Las interestingly enough, Trainer has been amongst the winners of late with a 33% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and has a 17.6% strike rate overall when bringing his runners here. Oliver Searle is another decent young claimer and hes here for just this one this evening , fourth of eight on his only ride on her to date , but im hoping better can be expected today. Has a 50% strike rate over the last fortnight and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last 21 days they come away with a 33% strike rate. If in the same sort of mood as her last run i can see her going close.

3.17 Hamilton - Austrian Theory 4/1 (Hills,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit - Fantastic Fox 10/3 (365) :hissyfit
Trappy little race this one but a couple of the protaganists catch my eye , AUSTRIAN THEORY being the first of them , won this race off 1lb higher last year , ran abysmally last time out but won the time before at Epsom when he was allowed to dictate and lead and eventually beat Dutch Decoy by 1/2 length , i think if those tactics are employed today he should go very close in retaining his crown. Trainer Charlie Johnston has a 16% strike rate in the past three weeks , and the fact that Joe Fanning is here for this one ride did jump at me , won on the horse three times and like the trainer has a 16% strike rate over the last three weeks , and when coming here this season also has a 16% strike rate. If ridden prominently then i think he has an excellent chance of going in. FANTASTIC FOX is my other selection , hasnt been in great form lately admittedly and was behind the other selection at Epsom but is one from one over todays CD and has now having cheekpieces added , so hopefully they'll bring some improvement. Has won off higher than todays mark but has never won in the class which is slightly offputting i have to admit , but trainer Roger Varian is a shrewd fella and sends just this one here this afternoon on the long journey from Newmarket , 19% strike rate in the past couple of weeks , and is 100% here this season with his runners. David Egan also arrives for just this one ride , has two places from hos six rides aboard the horse , 17% strike rate at Hamilton overall and when he and the trainer have partnered in the last three weeks they have a 14% strike rate. If the cheekpieces have the desired effect i think he can go well.

4.17 Hamilton - Iris Dancer 4/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Slainte Mhath 13/2 (365) :thumb 1st 5/2
Open looking race a few have serious claims but ive sided with two against the field , first one of those is IRIS DANCER who was fourth of nine last time at Carlisle , but sluiced in by 3 lengths over CD on her run before that. Given her record here at Hamilton you could honestly never discount her totally having won three times and placed three times from her 12 runs over this afternoons CD. Hasnt won off a mark this high before but has run well off a couple of lbs less , and given her lining for the course im not unduly concerned tbh. Other than that everything else looks fine , Tristan Davidson sends two to the races today and both run in this race but i would say that the selection is the main one , been doing well of late with a 44% strike rate in the past fortnight , and has a 21.2% strike rate at the course overall along side a small profit of +£2.88. Jockey Rowan Scott also here for this one ride and has won on the horse before. Should be there or thereabouts. The other selection is SLAINTE MHATH who ran poorly when 9th last time out at Southwell (over 7f) but like Iris Dancer returned here i think a better effort could well be on the cards , won twice and placed once from four runs over CD and also like Iris Dancer won over CD on his penultimate run beating So Grateful by a length and three quarters , that one has gone in since , as has the fourth (Iris Dancer) , the 5th (Kats Bob) came second on only run afterwards . Trainers only runner on the card and she has a 25% strike rate at Hamilton this term along with a profit of +£9.00 , Phil Dennis is also here for one ride and he has a 13% strike rate over the last two weeks and this season is showing a 36.4% strike rate at the course and a profit of +£7.75. Has ridden the horse eleven times before resulting in three wins and two places. All things considered i think she can go close here today

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif
1st 6/4 (25p Rule 4 on EP)

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Bets 8 .. Won 2 .. EP +3.88 / SP -2.00

Thursday 6th July

2.40 Haydock - Arctic Fox 9/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
I like the look of last years winner ARCTIC FOX in this , beat Emeraty Hero by four lengths that day and comes into this just 1lb higher so i think its entirely possible he can go well and retain his crown. Hasnt been seen at his best since coming back from a lay off , first run he came 8th here over 1m2f and then fell in a novice hurdle at Aintree last time out , if none the worse for that i think he can run well and go close. Looking through his record he usually comes good around the June / July time , or thats what it suggests to me so im hopeful that his form can improve here today. Hes the only CD winner in the race which is a plus for me , and his record overall at Haydock reads two wins and a place from seven runs , class , distance and draw all look okay to me and hes won off higher than todays mark. Trainer Martin Todhunter has only this one here this afternoon and hes been amongst the winners of late with a 25% strike rate of 25% in the last month , and has a 15% strike rate when sending his runners here overall. Claimer Mark Winn takes a handy 3lb off and is also here for just this one ride , first time up on the horse , imho hes one of the better claimers out there and he has a 29% strike rate when making the trip to Haydock overall and has a 16.7% strike rate this season. As i say i think he could go well here at what i think is a nice price.

5.05 Newbury - Secret Handsheikh 14/1 (365) - Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 (365)
Apprentice handicap .. when will i learn ?! Probably never lol .. A few of these come into the race looking as though theyre ready to win but i like the look of two of the bigger priced runners .. first one is SECRET HANDSHEIKH who was third in this race last season , and despite being more miss than hit this term i think he could surprise at a decent price. Last win was four runs back at Brighton where he won off 1lb lower than todays mark , and his three runs since have all been abysmal if im being honest but im hoping for a revival here today. John Gallaghers sole runner here today , and he has a 27% strike rate over the last three weeks , with Kaiya Fraser in the hot seat for the first time on only start of the day . another claimer i rate highly and for me is decent value for the 3lb claim , 16% strike rate in the last three weeks , can make presence felt if on song. HEY HO LETS GO is the other one i like at a price , as with the other selection doesnt come into this in the best of form but did win this race last year and i think theres a possibilty that he could of been targeted for this race. Had a poor season thus far but as a result has been coming down in the weights and looking at his current mark , if he can manage a revival then this would have to give him a good chance of getting his head in front. One from one over CD , with the distance , class and mark no problem. Draw could of been better but im hoping that that can be overcome. Mark Hoad has just this one at the meeting and he has a 20% strike rate when sending his horses to Newbury. Aidan Keeley gets the ride and he has four wins and a place from his thirteen rides aboard the horse , has a 19% strike rate in the last two weeks , and has a 22.2% strike rate overall here at Newbury along with an eyecatching profit of +£36.00. Can definatley be there or thereabouts if anywhere near his best.

4.00 Yarmouth - Panning For Gold 5/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Roman Dynasty 10/3 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Couple in this one stand out for me , first of those is bottom weight PANNING FOR GOLD who arrives here in rude health having won his last two starts , broke his maiden tag on his penultimate run over todays CD , beating Perfect Gentleman by a length and three quarters and then followed that up last time out with a cushy 3 3/4 length win at Brighton over todays trip. Won well last time out and was probably value for a little further imho , and though 7lb higher i think he could well go in again. Has a slight rise in class to contend with but looking at his two wins i think its entirely feasible that he can cope with that. Think its interesting that since hes been switched to the turf hes two from two , still only three with not many miles on the clock theres plenty of scope for improvement and i think he can go close here. Shrewd trainer David Simcock has a 15.9% strike rate when sending his charges to Yarmouth , and it catches my eye that Jamie Spencer comes here for just this one ride , rode him last time out and has a 27% strike rate over the last two weeks , and when riding here has an 18% strike rate overall. ROMAN DYNASTY is the other one i like the look of , another one who won last time out , and looks to be in good form (second on his penultimate run) , sluiced in by 5 lengths lto at Nottingham (beating Saisons D'Or who i put up on here) , and he is well in despite the penatly and looks to be ahead of the assessor. Placed on his sole start here , and if arriving in the same mood as he was in last time then hes gonna be a threat to all. Jospeh Parr has just this one here today and has a 20% strike rate in the past fortnight , and a 19% strike rate here overall whilst Benoitte De La Sayette gets the ride , and he has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks.

8.45 Kempton - Lilkian 11/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
LILKIAN catches my eye in this one , could only manage a 5 length sixth last time out but a poor start was entirely to blame for that imo so i think he can be forgiven that one , before that was touched off by a nose at Yarmouth , so hopefully still in form and can make amends here tonight. Rarely runs a bad race round here having won once and placed five times in eight runs over CD , and to me it looks as though he is on a decent mark having won off much higher in the past. Looks to be decently drawn to me and trip , track and class no problem as far as i can see. The Dazzler has just this one at tonights meeting and hes been doing okay lately with a 27% strike rate in the past fortnight , and the fact that Rossa Ryan is booked for the first time didnt go un noticed i have to admit , 14.1% strike rate when travelling here overall and hes a jockey i rate highly i have to admit. If getting off to a better start then i think he'll be on the premises come the business end of things.

Thursday 6th July

2.40 Haydock - Arctic Fox 9/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
I like the look of last years winner ARCTIC FOX in this , beat Emeraty Hero by four lengths that day and comes into this just 1lb higher so i think its entirely possible he can go well and retain his crown. Hasnt been seen at his best since coming back from a lay off , first run he came 8th here over 1m2f and then fell in a novice hurdle at Aintree last time out , if none the worse for that i think he can run well and go close. Looking through his record he usually comes good around the June / July time , or thats what it suggests to me so im hopeful that his form can improve here today. Hes the only CD winner in the race which is a plus for me , and his record overall at Haydock reads two wins and a place from seven runs , class , distance and draw all look okay to me and hes won off higher than todays mark. Trainer Martin Todhunter has only this one here this afternoon and hes been amongst the winners of late with a 25% strike rate of 25% in the last month , and has a 15% strike rate when sending his runners here overall. Claimer Mark Winn takes a handy 3lb off and is also here for just this one ride , first time up on the horse , imho hes one of the better claimers out there and he has a 29% strike rate when making the trip to Haydock overall and has a 16.7% strike rate this season. As i say i think he could go well here at what i think is a nice price.

5.05 Newbury - Secret Handsheikh 14/1 (365) :hissyfit- Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 (365) :hissyfit
Apprentice handicap .. when will i learn ?! Probably never lol .. A few of these come into the race looking as though theyre ready to win but i like the look of two of the bigger priced runners .. first one is SECRET HANDSHEIKH who was third in this race last season , and despite being more miss than hit this term i think he could surprise at a decent price. Last win was four runs back at Brighton where he won off 1lb lower than todays mark , and his three runs since have all been abysmal if im being honest but im hoping for a revival here today. John Gallaghers sole runner here today , and he has a 27% strike rate over the last three weeks , with Kaiya Fraser in the hot seat for the first time on only start of the day . another claimer i rate highly and for me is decent value for the 3lb claim , 16% strike rate in the last three weeks , can make presence felt if on song. HEY HO LETS GO is the other one i like at a price , as with the other selection doesnt come into this in the best of form but did win this race last year and i think theres a possibilty that he could of been targeted for this race. Had a poor season thus far but as a result has been coming down in the weights and looking at his current mark , if he can manage a revival then this would have to give him a good chance of getting his head in front. One from one over CD , with the distance , class and mark no problem. Draw could of been better but im hoping that that can be overcome. Mark Hoad has just this one at the meeting and he has a 20% strike rate when sending his horses to Newbury. Aidan Keeley gets the ride and he has four wins and a place from his thirteen rides aboard the horse , has a 19% strike rate in the last two weeks , and has a 22.2% strike rate overall here at Newbury along with an eyecatching profit of +£36.00. Can definatley be there or thereabouts if anywhere near his best.

4.00 Yarmouth - Panning For Gold 5/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) Non Runner - Roman Dynasty 10/3 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Couple in this one stand out for me , first of those is bottom weight PANNING FOR GOLD who arrives here in rude health having won his last two starts , broke his maiden tag on his penultimate run over todays CD , beating Perfect Gentleman by a length and three quarters and then followed that up last time out with a cushy 3 3/4 length win at Brighton over todays trip. Won well last time out and was probably value for a little further imho , and though 7lb higher i think he could well go in again. Has a slight rise in class to contend with but looking at his two wins i think its entirely feasible that he can cope with that. Think its interesting that since hes been switched to the turf hes two from two , still only three with not many miles on the clock theres plenty of scope for improvement and i think he can go close here. Shrewd trainer David Simcock has a 15.9% strike rate when sending his charges to Yarmouth , and it catches my eye that Jamie Spencer comes here for just this one ride , rode him last time out and has a 27% strike rate over the last two weeks , and when riding here has an 18% strike rate overall. ROMAN DYNASTY is the other one i like the look of , another one who won last time out , and looks to be in good form (second on his penultimate run) , sluiced in by 5 lengths lto at Nottingham (beating Saisons D'Or who i put up on here) , and he is well in despite the penatly and looks to be ahead of the assessor. Placed on his sole start here , and if arriving in the same mood as he was in last time then hes gonna be a threat to all. Jospeh Parr has just this one here today and has a 20% strike rate in the past fortnight , and a 19% strike rate here overall whilst Benoitte De La Sayette gets the ride , and he has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks.

8.45 Kempton - Lilkian 11/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 5/2 (10p Rule 4 on EP)
LILKIAN catches my eye in this one , could only manage a 5 length sixth last time out but a poor start was entirely to blame for that imo so i think he can be forgiven that one , before that was touched off by a nose at Yarmouth , so hopefully still in form and can make amends here tonight. Rarely runs a bad race round here having won once and placed five times in eight runs over CD , and to me it looks as though he is on a decent mark having won off much higher in the past. Looks to be decently drawn to me and trip , track and class no problem as far as i can see. The Dazzler has just this one at tonights meeting and hes been doing okay lately with a 27% strike rate in the past fortnight , and the fact that Rossa Ryan is booked for the first time didnt go un noticed i have to admit , 14.1% strike rate when travelling here overall and hes a jockey i rate highly i have to admit. If getting off to a better start then i think he'll be on the premises come the business end of things.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Secret Handsheikh 14/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Panning For Gold 5/2 Non Runner
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost
Lilkian 11/2 :thumb 1st 5/2 (10p Rule 4 on EP)

Bets 13 .. Won 3 .. EP +4.83 / SP -3.50

Friday 7th July

3.15 Newton Abbot - Sandalwood 9/4 (365,Corals,Hills,BFred,Lads)
SANDALWOOD catches my eye in this one although to be totally honest i am worried about a couple of others in particular namely Clapton Hill and hosen Bae , but i'm hoping that the selection can see them off. Still a maiden after nine races although he did win his penultimate race but was then placed second due to causing interference , and in his last race he came a decent enough second albeit beaten 11 lengths , but as i say you can take away good points from those two outings and the penultimate race shows hes capable and i think that today could well be the day that he finally lands the spoils , or im hoping so anyway. Placed on only start here and the drop in trip shouldnt bother him too much i dont think. The fact that Paul Nicholls sends just this one out today obviously stuck out for me , and could be a message in itself , has a 25% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 25.9% strike rate when visiting Newton Abbott overall. The talented Harry Cobden in the plate and hes ridden the horse five times before with just one place being the result , has a 19.5% strike rate in the last month and when coming to Newton Abott he has a 23.6% strike rate overall. Hoping that he can finally get that first win under his belt.

9.00 Haydock - Go Sing 6/1 (Hills)
A few of these look as though they could take a hand in the finish but ive come down on the side of GO SING , who ran a solid enough race to finish one length third last time out , that was a good run after a break of 242 days and i'm fairly sure that he'll strip fitter for that outing and hopefully better can be expected this evening. That was his first start for the Julie Camacho yard after leaving Michael Easterby , so i'm thinking that maybe a change of scenery may well bring about some improvement as prior to that last time out run his form werent up to much if im being honest. Come second on only start here at Haydock , that was in July last year. Yet to get his head in front after eight races , but i think hes in the right hands to bring out the best in him. Trainer sends just this one to the meeting and she's got her yard in fine fettle at the moment with a 31% strike rate over the past fortnight , and when shes sent her runners to Haydock this term she has a 28.6% strike rate along with a profit of +£7.50. Ryan Sexton in the plate and he rode him last time out , and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 20% strike rate.

Friday 7th July

3.15 Newton Abbot - Sandalwood 9/4 (365,Corals,Hills,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 4/6 (25p Rule 4 on EP)
SANDALWOOD catches my eye in this one although to be totally honest i am worried about a couple of others in particular namely Clapton Hill and hosen Bae , but i'm hoping that the selection can see them off. Still a maiden after nine races although he did win his penultimate race but was then placed second due to causing interference , and in his last race he came a decent enough second albeit beaten 11 lengths , but as i say you can take away good points from those two outings and the penultimate race shows hes capable and i think that today could well be the day that he finally lands the spoils , or im hoping so anyway. Placed on only start here and the drop in trip shouldnt bother him too much i dont think. The fact that Paul Nicholls sends just this one out today obviously stuck out for me , and could be a message in itself , has a 25% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 25.9% strike rate when visiting Newton Abbott overall. The talented Harry Cobden in the plate and hes ridden the horse five times before with just one place being the result , has a 19.5% strike rate in the last month and when coming to Newton Abott he has a 23.6% strike rate overall. Hoping that he can finally get that first win under his belt.

9.00 Haydock - Go Sing 6/1 (Hills)
A few of these look as though they could take a hand in the finish but ive come down on the side of GO SING , who ran a solid enough race to finish one length third last time out , that was a good run after a break of 242 days and i'm fairly sure that he'll strip fitter for that outing and hopefully better can be expected this evening. That was his first start for the Julie Camacho yard after leaving Michael Easterby , so i'm thinking that maybe a change of scenery may well bring about some improvement as prior to that last time out run his form werent up to much if im being honest. Come second on only start here at Haydock , that was in July last year. Yet to get his head in front after eight races , but i think hes in the right hands to bring out the best in him. Trainer sends just this one to the meeting and she's got her yard in fine fettle at the moment with a 31% strike rate over the past fortnight , and when shes sent her runners to Haydock this term she has a 28.6% strike rate along with a profit of +£7.50. Ryan Sexton in the plate and he rode him last time out , and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 20% strike rate.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost
Sandalwood 9/4 :thumb 1st 4/6 (25p Rule 4 on EP)

Go Sing 6/1 Lost

Bets 15 .. Won 4 .. EP +5.52 / SP -3.83

Saturday 8th July

3.15 Haydock - Alright Sunshine 20/1 (Hills,Lads) - Cumulonimbus 7/1 (365,Coral,Lads)
Couple catch my eye in this wide open contest , first of those is ALRIGHT SUNSHINE , who to be fair i fancy the chances of but its also Keith Dalgleishs' last ever runner before he retires so gotta have a punt on him in the hope that he can bow out on a winning note. Horse was plum last on his reappearance last time out but hopefully he'll have blown the cobwbs away and be spot on for this today , last win came around this time last year when he beat Global Heat in a class 2 at Ripon , that was off 99 and has run well in the past on todays sort of mark so looks feasibly treated and can hopefully go well. Has never won here at Haydock but has placed in three of his four runs here , and going and class shouldnt be an issue. Trainer has sent just this one out today and i really do hope that he bows out on a high as his horses have done me some favours in the past i gotta admit , has a 19% strike rate over the past fortnight whilst Billy Garritty gets the steering job , knows the horse inside out having ridden him 15 times , winning twice and placing in a further four, 16% strike rate in the past two weeks , and i really hope he can get this one home with his head in front. The other one i like is CUMULONIMBUS who arrives here in ride health , winning his last two races , and i wouldnt bet against him going in again for the three timer. Is two from two here at Haydock and one from one over todays CD , which came in his last race. Looks to be an improving sort , and a big run looks to be on the cards. Richard Kingscote onboard for the first time , and he has a 26.7% strike rate here this season. Trainer Charlie Fellowes knows the score and sends just this one to the meeting , and he has a 75% strike rate here this term along with a profit of +£11.75.

Saturday 8th July

3.15 Haydock - Alright Sunshine 20/1 (Hills,Lads) :hissyfit- Cumulonimbus 7/1 (365,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit 3rd
Couple catch my eye in this wide open contest , first of those is ALRIGHT SUNSHINE , who to be fair i fancy the chances of but its also Keith Dalgleishs' last ever runner before he retires so gotta have a punt on him in the hope that he can bow out on a winning note. Horse was plum last on his reappearance last time out but hopefully he'll have blown the cobwbs away and be spot on for this today , last win came around this time last year when he beat Global Heat in a class 2 at Ripon , that was off 99 and has run well in the past on todays sort of mark so looks feasibly treated and can hopefully go well. Has never won here at Haydock but has placed in three of his four runs here , and going and class shouldnt be an issue. Trainer has sent just this one out today and i really do hope that he bows out on a high as his horses have done me some favours in the past i gotta admit , has a 19% strike rate over the past fortnight whilst Billy Garritty gets the steering job , knows the horse inside out having ridden him 15 times , winning twice and placing in a further four, 16% strike rate in the past two weeks , and i really hope he can get this one home with his head in front. The other one i like is CUMULONIMBUS who arrives here in ride health , winning his last two races , and i wouldnt bet against him going in again for the three timer. Is two from two here at Haydock and one from one over todays CD , which came in his last race. Looks to be an improving sort , and a big run looks to be on the cards. Richard Kingscote onboard for the first time , and he has a 26.7% strike rate here this season. Trainer Charlie Fellowes knows the score and sends just this one to the meeting , and he has a 75% strike rate here this term along with a profit of +£11.75.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Alright Sunshine 20/1 Lost
Cumulonimbus 7/1 Lost (3rd)

Bets 17 .. Won 4 .. EP +3.52 / SP -5.83

Sunday 9th July

5.05 Chelmsford - Holy Fire 15/2 (365,Coral,BFred,Lads)
HOLY FIRE is the one that caught my eye in this , made a pleasing handicap debut last time out at Kempton when a 3/4 length second to Tawalla , earlier in the year he'd acquitted herself well in two Novice Stakes when she was first and then econd , only had four runs to date so probably hasnt done improving / developing yet , and she looks a decent sort in all honesty and i cant see why another solid run shouldnt be on the cards here this afternoon. Placed on her only start here , third of nine on her debut at the back end of last year , and shes improved with each run since i think , and i can see her going close here with first time cheekpieces added. Charlie Fellowes isnt setting the world alight at the moment it has to be said but he can ready one and he has a 12% strike rate here at Chelmsford overall. Callum Shepherd onboard and hes one from two on the horse , and comes into this with a 14% strike rate in the past three weeks.

2.30 Ayr - Soul Seeker 4/1 (365) - One Last Hug 6/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A couple of the runners in this amateur jockeys handicap look as though they could go well to me , first one is the consistent SOUL SEEKER who hasnt been out of the first three home in his last four starts , and i think todays the day that he could well get his head deservedly in front. Hasnt won here but has placed on only venture to the course , has won off higher than todays mark which gives me more cause for optimism i have to say , and distance , class and going all look fine to me. Catches my eye that top amateur Serena Brotherton is in the saddle for the first time on her sole ride of the day , has a 20% strike rate over the last four weeks , and i always think shes one to have onside in these amateur races. David O'Meara not been in the best of form it has to be said but you can never discount his runners. Think he can go close with top amateur up. The other one i like is ONE LAST HUG who arrives on the back of a solid effort when a head second over todays CD , if he can reproduce that sort of form he can definatley have a say in the outcome. Like the other selection has been in good form with two wins here this season already , one of those over CD and the other over 6f , can never discount him here tbh with one win and one place over CD and three wins and six places from nineteen outings overall at Ayr. Jim Goldie does okay here at Ayr and you could never write one of his runners off here , has a 15% strike rate in the past three weeks whilst Lucy Harper in the hot seat , cant say i know woo much about her tbh except ridden the horse once before (penultimate run) and came sixth , hopefully she can do better today. Should be in the firing line.

Sunday 9th July

5.05 Chelmsford - Holy Fire 15/2 (365,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd
HOLY FIRE is the one that caught my eye in this , made a pleasing handicap debut last time out at Kempton when a 3/4 length second to Tawalla , earlier in the year he'd acquitted herself well in two Novice Stakes when she was first and then econd , only had four runs to date so probably hasnt done improving / developing yet , and she looks a decent sort in all honesty and i cant see why another solid run shouldnt be on the cards here this afternoon. Placed on her only start here , third of nine on her debut at the back end of last year , and shes improved with each run since i think , and i can see her going close here with first time cheekpieces added. Charlie Fellowes isnt setting the world alight at the moment it has to be said but he can ready one and he has a 12% strike rate here at Chelmsford overall. Callum Shepherd onboard and hes one from two on the horse , and comes into this with a 14% strike rate in the past three weeks.

2.30 Ayr - Soul Seeker 4/1 (365) :hissyfit- One Last Hug 6/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 10/1 (15p R4 on EP)
A couple of the runners in this amateur jockeys handicap look as though they could go well to me , first one is the consistent SOUL SEEKER who hasnt been out of the first three home in his last four starts , and i think todays the day that he could well get his head deservedly in front. Hasnt won here but has placed on only venture to the course , has won off higher than todays mark which gives me more cause for optimism i have to say , and distance , class and going all look fine to me. Catches my eye that top amateur Serena Brotherton is in the saddle for the first time on her sole ride of the day , has a 20% strike rate over the last four weeks , and i always think shes one to have onside in these amateur races. David O'Meara not been in the best of form it has to be said but you can never discount his runners. Think he can go close with top amateur up. The other one i like is ONE LAST HUG who arrives on the back of a solid effort when a head second over todays CD , if he can reproduce that sort of form he can definatley have a say in the outcome. Like the other selection has been in good form with two wins here this season already , one of those over CD and the other over 6f , can never discount him here tbh with one win and one place over CD and three wins and six places from nineteen outings overall at Ayr. Jim Goldie does okay here at Ayr and you could never write one of his runners off here , has a 15% strike rate in the past three weeks whilst Lucy Harper in the hot seat , cant say i know woo much about her tbh except ridden the horse once before (penultimate run) and came sixth , hopefully she can do better today. Should be in the firing line.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Alright Sunshine 20/1 Lost
Cumulonimbus 7/1 Lost (3rd)
One Last Hug 6/1 :thumb 1st 10/1 (15p Rule 4 on EP)
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Holy Fire 15/2 Lost (2nd)

Bets 20 .. Won 5 .. EP +6.62 / SP +2.17

Thursday 13th July

5.10 Carlisle - Dandys Angel 6/1 (Hills)
DANDYS ANGEL is my selection in this class 5 handicap , has been the model of consistency of late with figures of - 3,1,3,2 in his last four runs , and i honestly cant see any reason why he shouldnt go well again here this afternoon. Beaten by the inform Unplugged last time out , he was 3/4 length third to Out Of Sight before that and beat Berry Edge by 1/2 length the time before that. Has never won here at Carlisle but has run well with three places from five outings over CD , has won off a higher mark than todays 53 and the class and going all seem fine to me , so has to hold a serious chance imho. Trainer has just this one at the meeting and Ryan Sexton in the saddle , placed on sole start on him to date , and takes of a handy 3lb. Should be in the firing line.

8.50 Newbury - Symbol Of Hope 5/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Like the look of SYMBOL OF HOPE for this one , been in flying form since returning from a break on the 1st May , with figures showing - 1,1,3,3,2 .. and still looks to be on a workable mark i think , hasnt won off a mark this high but has gone very close off it in the past. Was a tad unlucky last time when touched off by a nose over 5f here at Newbury (His only run at the course) , the horse that beat him that day Level Up went in again next time out (yesterday) , so thats gone towards franking the form a little. Hasnt won over todays distance but is well worth another crack at it especially given his current form. Grace Harris has just this one at the course this evening , and she has a 17% strike rate in the past fortnight , Alec Voikhansky on board for the first time and hes good value for his 5lb claim imo. Been in cracking form lately with a 36% strike rate over the last two weeks. Should definatley be there or thereabouts when it matters most.

Thursday 13th July

5.10 Carlisle - Dandys Angel 6/1 (Hills) :thumb 1st 10/3
DANDYS ANGEL is my selection in this class 5 handicap , has been the model of consistency of late with figures of - 3,1,3,2 in his last four runs , and i honestly cant see any reason why he shouldnt go well again here this afternoon. Beaten by the inform Unplugged last time out , he was 3/4 length third to Out Of Sight before that and beat Berry Edge by 1/2 length the time before that. Has never won here at Carlisle but has run well with three places from five outings over CD , has won off a higher mark than todays 53 and the class and going all seem fine to me , so has to hold a serious chance imho. Trainer has just this one at the meeting and Ryan Sexton in the saddle , placed on sole start on him to date , and takes of a handy 3lb. Should be in the firing line.

8.50 Newbury - Symbol Of Hope 5/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Like the look of SYMBOL OF HOPE for this one , been in flying form since returning from a break on the 1st May , with figures showing - 1,1,3,3,2 .. and still looks to be on a workable mark i think , hasnt won off a mark this high but has gone very close off it in the past. Was a tad unlucky last time when touched off by a nose over 5f here at Newbury (His only run at the course) , the horse that beat him that day Level Up went in again next time out (yesterday) , so thats gone towards franking the form a little. Hasnt won over todays distance but is well worth another crack at it especially given his current form. Grace Harris has just this one at the course this evening , and she has a 17% strike rate in the past fortnight , Alec Voikhansky on board for the first time and hes good value for his 5lb claim imo. Been in cracking form lately with a 36% strike rate over the last two weeks. Should definatley be there or thereabouts when it matters most.

Back