• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Thursday 22nd June

5.00 Ascot - Docklands 10/1 (Coral/Lads) - Racingbreaks Ryder 14/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A wide open and highly competitive looking Britannia as you'd expect , and probably a race i should be staying away from given the current scores on the doors but i really do like the look of two of the runners , and at decent prices i think they're worth a pop. First one is DOCKLANDS , who looks to be a progressive type and absolutely mullered the opposition over CD last time out , slamming them by 6 1/2 lengths. That was a class four , and now has 14lb extra to carry but the eyecatching manner in which he won suggests that that rise in the weights may not stop him following up here today. Hasnt been out of the first two in his four outings to date , improving with each run imho. Harry Eustace sends just this one to the meeting , and he has a 40% strike rate when sending them to Ascot this season , along with a profit of +£6.00. Hayley Turner in the driving seat , and shes ridden the horse on all four starts to date , two wins and two seconds , and she has a 50% strike rate when coming here this term. Definatley a horse on the up i think and in with a big shout here imo. RACINGBREAKS RYDER is the other selection , been in sparkling form and comes in to this on the hunt for a five timer , and to be honest you couldnt bet against him achieving it given his current mood , beat Tawafeg by 3 1/2 lengths over 7f here last time out , in a decent looking class two handicap , before that he won over todays distance at Haydock. Over todays distance he has three wins and a third from his four runs , whilst hes one from two in class two races. Like the other selection he seems to get better with every race , and i think hes definatley in with a shout here. Charlie Hills is double handed in this (Saxon King the other runner) and theyre his only runners on the card , so im assuming he'll be wanting to win this and i think the selection is his best chance of doing so. Been amongst the winners lately with a 13% strike rate and has done well here this term with a 28.6% strike rate , James McDonald gets the ride for the first time , on his sole start of the day. Should be there or thereabouts.

4.30 Chelmsford - Rock Chant 4/1 (365) - Mukha Magic 5/1 (365)
Trappy looking five runner race where in all honesty a case could be made for all five runners , but theres two in particular that interest me , and at the prices i think are worth a go. The first of those is ROCK CHANT whose one from one over todays CD , and will probably appreciate a return to the all weather after a couple of outings on the turf (3rd and 8th last time out) , before that had been showing up well on the AW , since February of this year - 2,1,1,3,1. Ian Williams sends just this one to the meeting , and though he isnt exactly setting the world alight at the moment still has a more than respectable 20% strike rate here overall , whilst jockey Ben Sanderson takes off a helpful 3lb , and is also here for just this one ride . has ridden the horse seven times resulting in two wins and two places. Should be able to make his presence felt. The other one i like is MUKHA MAGIC who won on his last visit to the course , over 1m6f back in August last year , one from one over this afternoons CD and has two wins and a place from his three outings here overall , including a win in this race last year. Hasnt been in the best of form lately , last time out could only manage seventh of eight at Nottingham but i think returning here will help his cause , as will the fact that hes won off much higher than todays mark. Gay Kelleway has just this one representing her today , and shes been doing well with her runners here this term with a 28.6% strike rate along with a healthy profit of +£14.50. Jockey Robert Tart in the saddle and hes ridden the horse twice before , winning once and placing once , does well here at Chelmsford with a 22.6% strike rate overall and a profit of +£14.88. Should be in the mix , especially if he can get his way in front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday 22nd June

5.00 Ascot - Docklands 10/1 (Coral/Lads) :thumb 1st 6/1 - Racingbreaks Ryder 14/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
A wide open and highly competitive looking Britannia as you'd expect , and probably a race i should be staying away from given the current scores on the doors but i really do like the look of two of the runners , and at decent prices i think they're worth a pop. First one is DOCKLANDS , who looks to be a progressive type and absolutely mullered the opposition over CD last time out , slamming them by 6 1/2 lengths. That was a class four , and now has 14lb extra to carry but the eyecatching manner in which he won suggests that that rise in the weights may not stop him following up here today. Hasnt been out of the first two in his four outings to date , improving with each run imho. Harry Eustace sends just this one to the meeting , and he has a 40% strike rate when sending them to Ascot this season , along with a profit of +£6.00. Hayley Turner in the driving seat , and shes ridden the horse on all four starts to date , two wins and two seconds , and she has a 50% strike rate when coming here this term. Definatley a horse on the up i think and in with a big shout here imo. RACINGBREAKS RYDER is the other selection , been in sparkling form and comes in to this on the hunt for a five timer , and to be honest you couldnt bet against him achieving it given his current mood , beat Tawafeg by 3 1/2 lengths over 7f here last time out , in a decent looking class two handicap , before that he won over todays distance at Haydock. Over todays distance he has three wins and a third from his four runs , whilst hes one from two in class two races. Like the other selection he seems to get better with every race , and i think hes definatley in with a shout here. Charlie Hills is double handed in this (Saxon King the other runner) and theyre his only runners on the card , so im assuming he'll be wanting to win this and i think the selection is his best chance of doing so. Been amongst the winners lately with a 13% strike rate and has done well here this term with a 28.6% strike rate , James McDonald gets the ride for the first time , on his sole start of the day. Should be there or thereabouts.

4.30 Chelmsford - Rock Chant 4/1 (365) :hissyfit- Mukha Magic 5/1 (365) :thumb 1st 11/4
Trappy looking five runner race where in all honesty a case could be made for all five runners , but theres two in particular that interest me , and at the prices i think are worth a go. The first of those is ROCK CHANT whose one from one over todays CD , and will probably appreciate a return to the all weather after a couple of outings on the turf (3rd and 8th last time out) , before that had been showing up well on the AW , since February of this year - 2,1,1,3,1. Ian Williams sends just this one to the meeting , and though he isnt exactly setting the world alight at the moment still has a more than respectable 20% strike rate here overall , whilst jockey Ben Sanderson takes off a helpful 3lb , and is also here for just this one ride . has ridden the horse seven times resulting in two wins and two places. Should be able to make his presence felt. The other one i like is MUKHA MAGIC who won on his last visit to the course , over 1m6f back in August last year , one from one over this afternoons CD and has two wins and a place from his three outings here overall , including a win in this race last year. Hasnt been in the best of form lately , last time out could only manage seventh of eight at Nottingham but i think returning here will help his cause , as will the fact that hes won off much higher than todays mark. Gay Kelleway has just this one representing her today , and shes been doing well with her runners here this term with a 28.6% strike rate along with a healthy profit of +£14.50. Jockey Robert Tart in the saddle and hes ridden the horse twice before , winning once and placing once , does well here at Chelmsford with a 22.6% strike rate overall and a profit of +£14.88. Should be in the mix , especially if he can get his way in front.

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Crack Regiment 3/1 Lost (3rd)
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Willing To Please 11/4 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Saisons D'Or 16/1 Lost (3rd)
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost
Key Look 22/1 Lost
Lunar Shadow 7/1 Lost (3rd)
Glenister 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st 8/11

Moving Light 9/1 Lost
Winterwatch 10/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 5/1 Lost
Twelfth Knight 8/1 Lost (2nd)
Halligator 7/2 Lost
Shahnaz 9/2 Lost
Thundersocksundae 11/2 Lost
Topo Chico 10/1 Lost
Harbanero Star 9/2 Lost
Dance Havana 14/1 Lost
Toca Madera 2/1
thumbup.gif
1st 5/4

Relentless Warrior 13/2 Lost
Glory Hallelujah 9/1 Lost
We'renotreallyhere 8/1 Lost
After John 5/1 Lost
Mimikyu 7/2 Non Runner
Timelock 11/4 Lost
Easy Equation 7/2 Lost
Good Earth 12/1
thumbup.gif
1st 17/2

Ventura Flame 18/1 Lost
First Emperor 4/1 Lost
Aggagio 7/2 Lost
Dasher Riley 8/1 Lost (2nd)
Flag Of Truth 10/1 Lost
Docklands 10/1 :thumb 1st 6/1
Racingbreaks Ryder 14/1 Lost
Rock Chant 4/1 Lost
Mukha Magic 5/1 :thumb 1st 11/4

Bets 41 .. Won 5 .. EP -5.62 / SP -14.77

Sunday 25th June

6.45 Pontefract - Rathbone 12/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Milbanke 8/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads,Hills)
Open looking sprint handicap where i like the look of two against the field , first of those is RATHBONE who is yet to win this season but i get a feeling that his turn is going to be sooner rather than later , ran respectably enough when seventh of fifteen last time out at York , and before that was a sound third to Temple Bruer who went in again yesterday at Newmarket. One from one over CD and it did catch my eye that he gets in here off 79 having won off as high as 92 in the past so hopefully that improves his chances here today. Going , distance and class are all have ticks in the right boxes as far as im concerned , and looks to be handily berthed so im hoping for a solid effort this evening and a first win for his new trainer. Michael Herrington sends just this one to the meeting today and he has a 12% strike rate at Pontefract overall , whilst Tom Eaves also travels here for just this one , has won three and placed seven times from his 22 rides on the horse to date. If putting his best foot forward he should be making his presence felt. My other selection is MILBANKE who comes into this on the back of a decent effort over CD last time out , just getting touched off by Caesars Pearl by a short head , if in the same sort of mood i think he can go very close here ,even though his draw looks less than ideal tbh. Was beaten by the other selection in his penultimate race when fifth to Temple Bruer , and its entirely possible that he could reverse those placings here this evening. Has placed on his only start here (CD last time out) , bit disconcerting that hes never won from a mark this high but only a lb higher than his run last time so definatley possible that he can win from this sort of mark. Ruth Carr brings just this one along and shes always a trainer to respect in sprints imho , Jason Hart in the plate and he was on him for that close second last time (has ridden him the last twice) , has a 14.5% strike rate here at the course overall. Definatley in with a shout if putting his best hoove forward.

Sunday 25th June

6.45 Pontefract - Rathbone 12/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd - Milbanke 8/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads,Hills) :hissyfit
Open looking sprint handicap where i like the look of two against the field , first of those is RATHBONE who is yet to win this season but i get a feeling that his turn is going to be sooner rather than later , ran respectably enough when seventh of fifteen last time out at York , and before that was a sound third to Temple Bruer who went in again yesterday at Newmarket. One from one over CD and it did catch my eye that he gets in here off 79 having won off as high as 92 in the past so hopefully that improves his chances here today. Going , distance and class are all have ticks in the right boxes as far as im concerned , and looks to be handily berthed so im hoping for a solid effort this evening and a first win for his new trainer. Michael Herrington sends just this one to the meeting today and he has a 12% strike rate at Pontefract overall , whilst Tom Eaves also travels here for just this one , has won three and placed seven times from his 22 rides on the horse to date. If putting his best foot forward he should be making his presence felt. My other selection is MILBANKE who comes into this on the back of a decent effort over CD last time out , just getting touched off by Caesars Pearl by a short head , if in the same sort of mood i think he can go very close here ,even though his draw looks less than ideal tbh. Was beaten by the other selection in his penultimate race when fifth to Temple Bruer , and its entirely possible that he could reverse those placings here this evening. Has placed on his only start here (CD last time out) , bit disconcerting that hes never won from a mark this high but only a lb higher than his run last time so definatley possible that he can win from this sort of mark. Ruth Carr brings just this one along and shes always a trainer to respect in sprints imho , Jason Hart in the plate and he was on him for that close second last time (has ridden him the last twice) , has a 14.5% strike rate here at the course overall. Definatley in with a shout if putting his best hoove forward.

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost
Key Look 22/1 Lost
Glenister 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st 8/11

Moving Light 9/1 Lost
Winterwatch 10/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 5/1 Lost
Halligator 7/2 Lost
Shahnaz 9/2 Lost
Topo Chico 10/1 Lost
Harbanero Star 9/2 Lost
Dance Havana 14/1 Lost
Toca Madera 2/1
thumbup.gif
1st 5/4

After John 5/1 Lost
Mimikyu 7/2 Non Runner
Timelock 11/4 Lost
Easy Equation 7/2 Lost
Good Earth 12/1
thumbup.gif
1st 17/2

Ventura Flame 18/1 Lost
First Emperor 4/1 Lost
Aggagio 7/2 Lost
Flag Of Truth 10/1 Lost
Rock Chant 4/1 Lost
Milbanke 8/1 Lost
Rathbone 12/1 Lost (2nd)

Bets 43 .. Won 5 .. EP -7.62 / SP -16.77

Wednesday 28th June

3.20 Carlisle - Jackhammer 16/1 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Probably not the most obvious one but JACKHAMMER catches my eye in this at a tasty price , the main reason for this is the fact that he won this race in 2019 and 2022 and came seventh last year , so could be that hes been aimed at this race once again. Obviously likes it round here at Carlisle winning two from five over CD and four from eight at the course as a whole. Comes into the race on the back of a nice win , beating Shine On Brendan by 1/2 length , and should hopefully be in tip top shape for this outing today. Wore first time cheekpieces last time out and theyre retained here this afternoon. Didnt go un noticed that trainer Dianne Sayer sends just this one to the meeting today , has a 17% strike rate over the last three days and does well when she sends her horses here with a 19.2% strike rate overall. Paul Mulrennan booked to the ride and hes never been out of the placings on the horse in his four rides to date with three wins and a second. Like the trainer he does well here at Carlisle , this season he has a 21.4% strike rate along with a healthy profit of +£12.45. Doesnt seem too badly drawn as he won from the 11 stall on his first win in this race and is drawn twelve here today. At the price couldnt let this one go unbacked.

2.40 Salisbury - Just Glamorous 10/1 (365)
JUST GLAMOROUS maybe the outsider of the field in this six runner handicap but i think he has a good chance here this afternoon , won this race back in 2021 and has two wins from three runs over CD , the thing that catches my eye is the fact that he runs off his lowest mark since June 2020 when he won at Lingfield , imho this has to give him a serious chance in this , to be fair there are negatives , but for me they're negated by the price , first one is hes coming back from a lay off and has never won coming back from a break (although he has run well and gone close before) , and didnt show alot last season so hes gonna have to get off to a flyer here tbh , and though hes now 10 i think thats achievable. I dont think it'll hurt that this looks to be an easier assignment than his outings last term either. Chris Mason has just this one at the course this afternoon and hes been amongst the winners lately with a 13% strike rate and has a respectable 20% strike rate when running them at Salisbury , Gina Mangan in the plate and she has a 12% strike rate in the past three weeks , and has a 20% strike rate when teaming up with the trainer over the same period. Obviously comes with risks attached but all things considered i think hes worth a punt.

7.10 Bath - Regal Envoy 3/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Top weight REGAL ENVOY is the one i like in this , arrives on the back of a solid fourth last time in a better race at Haydock , i think this drop in grade will help along with the fact that he looks well handicapped in this , has won off 75 before and gets in here off 70 which would have to give him a chance imho. Another things that catches my eye is the fact that hes two from two here at Bath , he has won over todays trip and going shouldnt be an issue. If he runs like he did last time then i think that he'll definatley be making his presence felt here this evening. William Knight has just this one here , and hes been in the winners enclosure of late with a 12% strike rate in the past three weeks , Callum Shepherd in the saddle for the first time and he has a 17% strike rate over the last three weeks and when pairing up with the trainer over the same period they come away with a 100% strike rate. Think this evening could be the day that the horse wins for the first time for the trainer since arriving at his new yard back in May.

4.20 Carlisle - Molinari 20/1 (365)
Quite like the look of the decently priced MOLINARI in this , a few come into the race with better credentials maybe but ran his best race for a while when a decent enough third last time out at Hamilton , and im hoping that he can improve on that here today , if at his best then i think he can make his presence felt , another thing that makes me think he can go close it that he does well here , a win and a second in his two runs over CD , and it would come as no shock to see him go close. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has run well and gone close off higher so not too concerned about that tbh , has won twice and placed once over the distance , and looks to be decently drawn. Trainer Martin Todhunter has just this one at the meeting , and he has a 33% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst jockey David Nolan also travels just for this one as well , 16% strike rate over the last coupla weeks and when hes teamed up with the trainer over the last three weeks they come away with a 33% strike rate. I think everything looks good for a decent run being on the cards (hopefully).

Wednesday 28th June

3.20 Carlisle - Jackhammer 16/1 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Probably not the most obvious one but JACKHAMMER catches my eye in this at a tasty price , the main reason for this is the fact that he won this race in 2019 and 2022 and came seventh last year , so could be that hes been aimed at this race once again. Obviously likes it round here at Carlisle winning two from five over CD and four from eight at the course as a whole. Comes into the race on the back of a nice win , beating Shine On Brendan by 1/2 length , and should hopefully be in tip top shape for this outing today. Wore first time cheekpieces last time out and theyre retained here this afternoon. Didnt go un noticed that trainer Dianne Sayer sends just this one to the meeting today , has a 17% strike rate over the last three days and does well when she sends her horses here with a 19.2% strike rate overall. Paul Mulrennan booked to the ride and hes never been out of the placings on the horse in his four rides to date with three wins and a second. Like the trainer he does well here at Carlisle , this season he has a 21.4% strike rate along with a healthy profit of +£12.45. Doesnt seem too badly drawn as he won from the 11 stall on his first win in this race and is drawn twelve here today. At the price couldnt let this one go unbacked.

2.40 Salisbury - Just Glamorous 10/1 (365) :thumb 1st 22/1
JUST GLAMOROUS maybe the outsider of the field in this six runner handicap but i think he has a good chance here this afternoon , won this race back in 2021 and has two wins from three runs over CD , the thing that catches my eye is the fact that he runs off his lowest mark since June 2020 when he won at Lingfield , imho this has to give him a serious chance in this , to be fair there are negatives , but for me they're negated by the price , first one is hes coming back from a lay off and has never won coming back from a break (although he has run well and gone close before) , and didnt show alot last season so hes gonna have to get off to a flyer here tbh , and though hes now 10 i think thats achievable. I dont think it'll hurt that this looks to be an easier assignment than his outings last term either. Chris Mason has just this one at the course this afternoon and hes been amongst the winners lately with a 13% strike rate and has a respectable 20% strike rate when running them at Salisbury , Gina Mangan in the plate and she has a 12% strike rate in the past three weeks , and has a 20% strike rate when teaming up with the trainer over the same period. Obviously comes with risks attached but all things considered i think hes worth a punt.

7.10 Bath - Regal Envoy 3/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Top weight REGAL ENVOY is the one i like in this , arrives on the back of a solid fourth last time in a better race at Haydock , i think this drop in grade will help along with the fact that he looks well handicapped in this , has won off 75 before and gets in here off 70 which would have to give him a chance imho. Another things that catches my eye is the fact that hes two from two here at Bath , he has won over todays trip and going shouldnt be an issue. If he runs like he did last time then i think that he'll definatley be making his presence felt here this evening. William Knight has just this one here , and hes been in the winners enclosure of late with a 12% strike rate in the past three weeks , Callum Shepherd in the saddle for the first time and he has a 17% strike rate over the last three weeks and when pairing up with the trainer over the same period they come away with a 100% strike rate. Think this evening could be the day that the horse wins for the first time for the trainer since arriving at his new yard back in May.

4.20 Carlisle - Molinari 20/1 (365)
Quite like the look of the decently priced MOLINARI in this , a few come into the race with better credentials maybe but ran his best race for a while when a decent enough third last time out at Hamilton , and im hoping that he can improve on that here today , if at his best then i think he can make his presence felt , another thing that makes me think he can go close it that he does well here , a win and a second in his two runs over CD , and it would come as no shock to see him go close. Hasnt won off a mark this high but has run well and gone close off higher so not too concerned about that tbh , has won twice and placed once over the distance , and looks to be decently drawn. Trainer Martin Todhunter has just this one at the meeting , and he has a 33% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst jockey David Nolan also travels just for this one as well , 16% strike rate over the last coupla weeks and when hes teamed up with the trainer over the last three weeks they come away with a 33% strike rate. I think everything looks good for a decent run being on the cards (hopefully).

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost
Key Look 22/1 Lost
Glenister 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st 8/11

Moving Light 9/1 Lost
Winterwatch 10/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 5/1 Lost
Halligator 7/2 Lost
Shahnaz 9/2 Lost
Topo Chico 10/1 Lost
Harbanero Star 9/2 Lost
Dance Havana 14/1 Lost
Toca Madera 2/1
thumbup.gif
1st 5/4

After John 5/1 Lost
Mimikyu 7/2 Non Runner
Timelock 11/4 Lost
Easy Equation 7/2 Lost
Good Earth 12/1
thumbup.gif
1st 17/2

Ventura Flame 18/1 Lost
First Emperor 4/1 Lost
Aggagio 7/2 Lost
Flag Of Truth 10/1 Lost
Rock Chant 4/1 Lost
Milbanke 8/1 Lost
Rathbone 12/1 Lost (2nd)
Jackhammer 16/1 Non Runner
Just Glamorous 10/1 :thumb 1st 22/1

Regal Envoy 3/1 Lost (2nd)
Molinari 20/1 Lost

Bets 46 .. Won 6 .. EP +0.38 / SP +3.23

Thursday 29th June

3.20 Newcastle - Alrehb 10/1 (365) - Whats The Story 16/1 (365)
Open looking race where a few look as though they could take a hand in the finish especially the Haggas horse who is currently favourite but i have two who i think could go well and trouble the principals , first one is ALREHB who hasnt been at his best the last three outings but that could possibly be because they were on all on turf where hes yet to win a race , (had won his pevious two races before that , both on the AW) back on the all weather where he seems to excel (2,1,2,5,1,1,2,1,1) i can see him being a different proposition and i think a better effort is on the cards here this afternoon. Has had nine runs on the artificial surfaces to date resulting in five wins and three places , he has yet to win here at Newcastle but he has placed on all three runs here , two of those over todays CD so should go well and with any luck can achieve his first win here. Looks to be drawn okay imo and has won in the class so to me everything looks set for a decent run. Kevin De Philippart De Foy has just this representing him today and hes a shrewd enough trainer , i cant see him sending him here from Newmarket if he didnt think he stood a solid chance of winning , has a 14% strike rate when sending them here and had a winner and a placer from his four runners yesterday , Daniel Muscutt gets the leg up and hes ridden the horse six times before resulting in two wins and two places , he was on the trainers winner yesterday and has a 19.2% strike rate when coming here this season and when teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 28% strike rate. Think he can go well back on a surface he acts on. The other one i like is WHATS THE STORY , who gets in here off (joint) bottom weight , has been in great form since returning from a break back in May - 2,1,3 .. and i cant see why he shouldnt go well again given his current form. The first thing that i noticed was that he was down to run yesterday at Carlisle but was pulled out , and my mind working how it does thought is that because the trainer thought he stood a better chance of winning this one , i thought so , and here we are ! Won on his sole start over todays CD , and in his four outings here overall hes won and placed twice. Has won off a higher mark than todays which also caught my eye and is a tick in the right box i have to say. The fact that Keith Dalgleish sends just this one here from his South Lanarkshire yard didnt go un noticed either , been in banging form lately with a 30% strike rate over the last two weeks and has a 23.1% strike rate here at Newcastle this term along with a whopping +£93.35 profit. Kieran O'Neill onboard for the first time and he had a good day yesterday with a winner , a second and two thirds from his four rides , has a 9.4% strike rate here overall along side a tidy profit of +£30.23. Trainer knows the time of day and i can see this one going close at a nice price.

8.00 Hamilton - Abate 9/4 (365)
This is a trappy looking six runner affair it has to be said but im going to come down firmly on the side of the bang in form ABATE who ran a stormer to finish third of fifteen at York last time out , finishing best of the near side , and he gets in here off the same mark which to me would have to give him a big chance. Before that he won over this evenings CD and then at Haydock , and i can see no reason why he shouldnt be there at the finish once again. The one thing that concerns me is the fact that he hasnt won in this class but theres gotta be a first time for everything , so they say , so fingers crossed todays the days he finally wins a class 3. Never been unplaced in two runs over CD with a win and a place. Adrian Nicholls sends just this one to the meeting , and hes done well when sending his runners here this season with a 40% strike rate , Mia Nicholls in the hot seat and shes struck up a decent partnership with the horse , two wins and a place from her three rides to date , takes a handy 7lb off , and has a 20% strike rate over the past three weeks. When she and the trainer have teamed up over the same period they have a 40% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away.

4.10 Nottingham - Nine Elms 11/4 (365) - Saisons D'Or 20/1 (365)
Couple stand out for me in this one , first up is NINE ELMS whose a bit of a standing dish here at Nottingham having won both starts over this afternoons CD , and has won four times and placed once in nine starts , so in all honesty you couldnt discount him round here. Made a pleasing enough debut for his new yard last time out when a 1/2 length third to Longuerue here at Nottingham , that was over 1m2f and i think that back over this distance hes gonna be alot happier and can expect a better showing. Kevin Frost has just this one at the meeting today and Jack Mitchell gets the leg up for the first time , 16% strike rate over the last fortnight. Should be making his presence felt at the business end i think. SAISONS D'OR is the other one i like at a nice price , think i put him up on this thread before and he was a no show but is one from one over todays CD and was a decent enough third when last seen at Carlisle at the beginning of this month , that was his best run for a while and maybe he can improve on that run here this afternoon as hes more than capable on his day. Usually plies his trade in higher classes than this but does well in class 6 races having won two and placed once in four runs in them. Has won off higher than todays mark , last win came off 65 back in March at Southwell , and before that it was off 71 and gets in here off 66 so imo has to have a good chance of being in the mix. Jedd O'Keefe can ready one and this is his sole runner on the card today whilst regular pilot Jack Garrity is in the saddle , knows the horse inside out so no worries on that score. If arriving fit , well and tuned up then i think he can go well at a nice price.

Thursday 29th June

3.20 Newcastle - Alrehb 10/1 (365) :hissyfit 3rd - Whats The Story 16/1 (365) :hissyfit
Open looking race where a few look as though they could take a hand in the finish especially the Haggas horse who is currently favourite but i have two who i think could go well and trouble the principals , first one is ALREHB who hasnt been at his best the last three outings but that could possibly be because they were on all on turf where hes yet to win a race , (had won his pevious two races before that , both on the AW) back on the all weather where he seems to excel (2,1,2,5,1,1,2,1,1) i can see him being a different proposition and i think a better effort is on the cards here this afternoon. Has had nine runs on the artificial surfaces to date resulting in five wins and three places , he has yet to win here at Newcastle but he has placed on all three runs here , two of those over todays CD so should go well and with any luck can achieve his first win here. Looks to be drawn okay imo and has won in the class so to me everything looks set for a decent run. Kevin De Philippart De Foy has just this representing him today and hes a shrewd enough trainer , i cant see him sending him here from Newmarket if he didnt think he stood a solid chance of winning , has a 14% strike rate when sending them here and had a winner and a placer from his four runners yesterday , Daniel Muscutt gets the leg up and hes ridden the horse six times before resulting in two wins and two places , he was on the trainers winner yesterday and has a 19.2% strike rate when coming here this season and when teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks they have a 28% strike rate. Think he can go well back on a surface he acts on. The other one i like is WHATS THE STORY , who gets in here off (joint) bottom weight , has been in great form since returning from a break back in May - 2,1,3 .. and i cant see why he shouldnt go well again given his current form. The first thing that i noticed was that he was down to run yesterday at Carlisle but was pulled out , and my mind working how it does thought is that because the trainer thought he stood a better chance of winning this one , i thought so , and here we are ! Won on his sole start over todays CD , and in his four outings here overall hes won and placed twice. Has won off a higher mark than todays which also caught my eye and is a tick in the right box i have to say. The fact that Keith Dalgleish sends just this one here from his South Lanarkshire yard didnt go un noticed either , been in banging form lately with a 30% strike rate over the last two weeks and has a 23.1% strike rate here at Newcastle this term along with a whopping +£93.35 profit. Kieran O'Neill onboard for the first time and he had a good day yesterday with a winner , a second and two thirds from his four rides , has a 9.4% strike rate here overall along side a tidy profit of +£30.23. Trainer knows the time of day and i can see this one going close at a nice price.

8.00 Hamilton - Abate 9/4 (365)
This is a trappy looking six runner affair it has to be said but im going to come down firmly on the side of the bang in form ABATE who ran a stormer to finish third of fifteen at York last time out , finishing best of the near side , and he gets in here off the same mark which to me would have to give him a big chance. Before that he won over this evenings CD and then at Haydock , and i can see no reason why he shouldnt be there at the finish once again. The one thing that concerns me is the fact that he hasnt won in this class but theres gotta be a first time for everything , so they say , so fingers crossed todays the days he finally wins a class 3. Never been unplaced in two runs over CD with a win and a place. Adrian Nicholls sends just this one to the meeting , and hes done well when sending his runners here this season with a 40% strike rate , Mia Nicholls in the hot seat and shes struck up a decent partnership with the horse , two wins and a place from her three rides to date , takes a handy 7lb off , and has a 20% strike rate over the past three weeks. When she and the trainer have teamed up over the same period they have a 40% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away.

4.10 Nottingham - Nine Elms 11/4 (365) :hissyfit - Saisons D'Or 20/1 (365) :hissyfit 2nd
Couple stand out for me in this one , first up is NINE ELMS whose a bit of a standing dish here at Nottingham having won both starts over this afternoons CD , and has won four times and placed once in nine starts , so in all honesty you couldnt discount him round here. Made a pleasing enough debut for his new yard last time out when a 1/2 length third to Longuerue here at Nottingham , that was over 1m2f and i think that back over this distance hes gonna be alot happier and can expect a better showing. Kevin Frost has just this one at the meeting today and Jack Mitchell gets the leg up for the first time , 16% strike rate over the last fortnight. Should be making his presence felt at the business end i think. SAISONS D'OR is the other one i like at a nice price , think i put him up on this thread before and he was a no show but is one from one over todays CD and was a decent enough third when last seen at Carlisle at the beginning of this month , that was his best run for a while and maybe he can improve on that run here this afternoon as hes more than capable on his day. Usually plies his trade in higher classes than this but does well in class 6 races having won two and placed once in four runs in them. Has won off higher than todays mark , last win came off 65 back in March at Southwell , and before that it was off 71 and gets in here off 66 so imo has to have a good chance of being in the mix. Jedd O'Keefe can ready one and this is his sole runner on the card today whilst regular pilot Jack Garrity is in the saddle , knows the horse inside out so no worries on that score. If arriving fit , well and tuned up then i think he can go well at a nice price.

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost
Key Look 22/1 Lost
Glenister 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st 8/11

Moving Light 9/1 Lost
Winterwatch 10/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 5/1 Lost
Halligator 7/2 Lost
Shahnaz 9/2 Lost
Topo Chico 10/1 Lost
Harbanero Star 9/2 Lost
Dance Havana 14/1 Lost
Toca Madera 2/1
thumbup.gif
1st 5/4

After John 5/1 Lost
Mimikyu 7/2 Non Runner
Timelock 11/4 Lost
Easy Equation 7/2 Lost
Good Earth 12/1
thumbup.gif
1st 17/2

Ventura Flame 18/1 Lost
First Emperor 4/1 Lost
Aggagio 7/2 Lost
Flag Of Truth 10/1 Lost
Rock Chant 4/1 Lost
Milbanke 8/1 Lost
Rathbone 12/1 Lost (2nd)

Molinari 20/1 Lost
Alrehb 10/1 Lost (3rd)
Whats The Story 16/1 Lost
Abate 9/4 ..
Nine Elms 11/4 Lost
Saisons D'Or 20/1 Lost (2nd)

Bets 46 .. Won 6 .. EP +0.38 / SP +3.23 update after races

Friday 30th June

5.30 Newcastle - Dandy Dinmont 11/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Prodigious Blue 7/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A couple , from the same stable , in this 5f handicap caught my eye , first one is joint top weight DANDY DINMONT , been holding his form fairly well since coming back from a break back in March being there or thereabouts in the main - 2,2,3,4,2,5 and im hoping that he stays in form and finally gets his head in front for the first time this year. He'll have to start better than he did last time out where he was a bit tardy at the off but at a course where hes never been unplaced im hoping for a solid start and run. One win and two places over todays CD and overall in his career hes won and/or placed in half twenty starts which isnt too shabby imho. Looks to me to be decently drawn and i think he can go close here. Phil Dennis rides for the first time , and he has a 13% strike rate over the last fortnight , and when coming to the Toon to ride this season he has a 10.5% strike rate alongside a staggering +£114.50 profit. PRODIGIOUS BLUE is the other runner i like , poor effort last time when only managing fourth of seven to Saaheq at Chelmsford , but before that beat Princess Karine by 1/2 length over CD at the beginning of May. That was a good effort and a repeat of that performance will see him go close here i think. Hasnt won off a mark this high before but has won off 70 and has gone close off this mark so cant see that being too much of a problem as long as hes fit and ready to roll. Faye McManoman gets the steering job and she has two wins and three places from her twelves rides to date , hasnt been in the best of form lately admittedly but has a 12.5% strike rate here this term along with a profit of +£10.83. Trainer Nigel Tinkler brings just these two to the meeting today , and im assuming hes here to win as he has two running for him , has done well here this season so far with a 12.2% strike rate and a profit of +£14.33 to boot. He knows how to ready one and i think both of his runners can go close here , and hopefully one can come out ahead.

7.10 Newcastle - Centre Court 5/1 (365)
A few of the runners in this look to hold a chance but i quite like the look of CENTRE COURT chances , has gone off the boil somewhat since winning here back in April , when she beat Tiamat by 3 1/2 lengths , shes one from one over this evenings CD , and in her three runs overall here her figures read - 2,2,1. Last time out run can be forgiven i think as the 1m2f seemed to stretch her , i think she'll be alot happier back over todays mile. Never won off a mark this high but i trust the trainers judgement as he knows more than me. A typical Johnston front runner if shes allowed an easy lead the others could have problems reeling her back in. Charlie Johnston has just this one at the meeting , and he has an 18% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 14.6% strike rate (and profit of +£5.50) when sending his runners here this term. Jason Hart in the hot seat and he has one place from two rides aboard the horse , has been riding okay lately with an 11% strike rate in the last three weeks , and he does well when he comes here to ride with a respectable 11.8% strike rate overall and a profit of +£21.74. When trainer and jockey have teamed up in the last 21 days they have a 22% strike rate. Should make her presence felt.

7.00 Newmarket - La Reveur 17/2 (Hills)
Theres a few in this i like the look of and who look to hold a chance but LA REVEUR is the stand out one for me , to be honest hasnt been showing much until last time out when he 3/4 length second to Crystal Casque over tonights CD , that was by far his best effort for quite a while and if hes in the same sort of mood then that will definatley see him in the mix here i think. And because of his lack of form he has been coming down in the weights , his last winning mark was 73 and he gets in here off a lowly 63 , thats 2 below his last time out run , so to my mind that must give him a major chance here , especially when you consider he'll be 3lb well in compared to future races. Hasnt won here but has placed on only start (last time as i said) , won over the distance so track and trip not a problem. Yet to win for his trainer in 10 runs , but hopefully thats going to change this evening , sends just this one to the course and has a 50% strike rate here this season , Millie Wonnacott in the plate on her sole start of the night and she takes off a valuable 5lb , which i think shes good value for personally , was on board the horse last time for a second place (only start to date) , and has a 17% strike rate over the last couple of weeks. Looking at the overall picture i think he has a great chance of going close in this.

Friday 30th June

5.30 Newcastle - Dandy Dinmont 11/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd - Prodigious Blue 7/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
A couple , from the same stable , in this 5f handicap caught my eye , first one is joint top weight DANDY DINMONT , been holding his form fairly well since coming back from a break back in March being there or thereabouts in the main - 2,2,3,4,2,5 and im hoping that he stays in form and finally gets his head in front for the first time this year. He'll have to start better than he did last time out where he was a bit tardy at the off but at a course where hes never been unplaced im hoping for a solid start and run. One win and two places over todays CD and overall in his career hes won and/or placed in half twenty starts which isnt too shabby imho. Looks to me to be decently drawn and i think he can go close here. Phil Dennis rides for the first time , and he has a 13% strike rate over the last fortnight , and when coming to the Toon to ride this season he has a 10.5% strike rate alongside a staggering +£114.50 profit. PRODIGIOUS BLUE is the other runner i like , poor effort last time when only managing fourth of seven to Saaheq at Chelmsford , but before that beat Princess Karine by 1/2 length over CD at the beginning of May. That was a good effort and a repeat of that performance will see him go close here i think. Hasnt won off a mark this high before but has won off 70 and has gone close off this mark so cant see that being too much of a problem as long as hes fit and ready to roll. Faye McManoman gets the steering job and she has two wins and three places from her twelves rides to date , hasnt been in the best of form lately admittedly but has a 12.5% strike rate here this term along with a profit of +£10.83. Trainer Nigel Tinkler brings just these two to the meeting today , and im assuming hes here to win as he has two running for him , has done well here this season so far with a 12.2% strike rate and a profit of +£14.33 to boot. He knows how to ready one and i think both of his runners can go close here , and hopefully one can come out ahead.

7.10 Newcastle - Centre Court 5/1 (365) :hissyfit
A few of the runners in this look to hold a chance but i quite like the look of CENTRE COURT chances , has gone off the boil somewhat since winning here back in April , when she beat Tiamat by 3 1/2 lengths , shes one from one over this evenings CD , and in her three runs overall here her figures read - 2,2,1. Last time out run can be forgiven i think as the 1m2f seemed to stretch her , i think she'll be alot happier back over todays mile. Never won off a mark this high but i trust the trainers judgement as he knows more than me. A typical Johnston front runner if shes allowed an easy lead the others could have problems reeling her back in. Charlie Johnston has just this one at the meeting , and he has an 18% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 14.6% strike rate (and profit of +£5.50) when sending his runners here this term. Jason Hart in the hot seat and he has one place from two rides aboard the horse , has been riding okay lately with an 11% strike rate in the last three weeks , and he does well when he comes here to ride with a respectable 11.8% strike rate overall and a profit of +£21.74. When trainer and jockey have teamed up in the last 21 days they have a 22% strike rate. Should make her presence felt.

7.00 Newmarket - La Reveur 17/2 (Hills) :hissyfit
Theres a few in this i like the look of and who look to hold a chance but LA REVEUR is the stand out one for me , to be honest hasnt been showing much until last time out when he 3/4 length second to Crystal Casque over tonights CD , that was by far his best effort for quite a while and if hes in the same sort of mood then that will definatley see him in the mix here i think. And because of his lack of form he has been coming down in the weights , his last winning mark was 73 and he gets in here off a lowly 63 , thats 2 below his last time out run , so to my mind that must give him a major chance here , especially when you consider he'll be 3lb well in compared to future races. Hasnt won here but has placed on only start (last time as i said) , won over the distance so track and trip not a problem. Yet to win for his trainer in 10 runs , but hopefully thats going to change this evening , sends just this one to the course and has a 50% strike rate here this season , Millie Wonnacott in the plate on her sole start of the night and she takes off a valuable 5lb , which i think shes good value for personally , was on board the horse last time for a second place (only start to date) , and has a 17% strike rate over the last couple of weeks. Looking at the overall picture i think he has a great chance of going close in this.

Running Total - June

Arlos Sunshine 11/4 Lost
Harbour Vision 4/1 Lost
Leneblane 4/1 Lost
Flavius Titus 20/1 Lost
Dandys Angel 7/1 Lost
Gunnerside 3/1 Lost
Ancient Times 10/1 Lost
Mokaatil 9/1 Lost
Key Look 22/1 Lost
Glenister 11/8
thumbup.gif
1st 8/11

Moving Light 9/1 Lost
Winterwatch 10/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 5/1 Lost
Halligator 7/2 Lost
Shahnaz 9/2 Lost
Topo Chico 10/1 Lost
Harbanero Star 9/2 Lost
Dance Havana 14/1 Lost
Toca Madera 2/1
thumbup.gif
1st 5/4

After John 5/1 Lost
Mimikyu 7/2 Non Runner
Timelock 11/4 Lost
Easy Equation 7/2 Lost
Good Earth 12/1
thumbup.gif
1st 17/2

Ventura Flame 18/1 Lost
First Emperor 4/1 Lost
Aggagio 7/2 Lost
Flag Of Truth 10/1 Lost
Rock Chant 4/1 Lost
Milbanke 8/1 Lost
Rathbone 12/1 Lost (2nd)

Molinari 20/1 Lost
Alrehb 10/1 Lost (3rd)
Whats The Story 16/1 Lost
Abate 9/4 Lost (3rd)
Nine Elms 11/4 Lost
Saisons D'Or 20/1 Lost (2nd)

Bets 55 .. Won 6 .. EP -8.62 / SP -5.77

September .. Bets 16 .. Won 4 .. EP +20.80 / SP +7.25
October
... Bets 18 .. Won 2 .. EP +9.00 / SP -5.50
November ... Bets 15 .. Won 5 .. EP +26.25 ./ SP +11.08
December
.. Bets 27 .. Won 2 .. EP -14.50 / SP -21.20
January .. Bets 31 .. Won 4 .. EP 0.00 / SP -8.30
February .. Bets 33 .. Won 5 .. EP +1.83 / SP -8.75
March .. Bets 61 .. Won 15 .. EP +28.13 / SP +30.33
April .. Bets 80 .. Won 19 .. EP +23.73 / SP +13.51
May .. Bets 51 .. Won 13 .. EP +27.30 / SP +12.59
June .. Bets 55 .. Won 6 .. EP -8.62 / SP -5.77

TOTALS .. Bets 407 .. Won 75 .. EP +113.92 / SP +25.24

Sunday 2nd July

5.00 Uttoxeter - Andapa 6/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A few of these look as though they could go well in this but i like the chances of ANDAPA , who comes into the race on the back of a solid second last time out when 3/4 length to Glance At Me , the third home that day Tara Iti was second next time out and then went in on next run , the seventh was a close up second on next run , the ninth was second to Tara Iti so it could be that the form of the race is quite good. That run was her first after having wind surgery and was coming back from 198 days off so that was a sound effort in my book and i think she could go one better here now shes had that initial outing. And coming here to Uttoxeter helps i think as shes rarely run a bad race in her five races with two wins and two places , one win and two places from four runs over todays CD. Has yet to win off a mark this high but she has run well and been placed so not too concerned about that tbh , Bryony Frost in the saddle and she rode the horse last time out on her sole ride on her to date , 100% strike rate over the last month with a profit of +£2.50 , and she does well enough at the course with a 13% strike rate overall (and a small profit of +£2.50) , trainer Michael Roberts sends just this one to the meeting making her the longest traveller of the meeting here , which always catches my eye have to admit , when sending his runners here he has a 29% strike rate overall. Definatley in with a shout i think.

Sunday 2nd July

5.00 Uttoxeter - Andapa 6/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) Non Runner
A few of these look as though they could go well in this but i like the chances of ANDAPA , who comes into the race on the back of a solid second last time out when 3/4 length to Glance At Me , the third home that day Tara Iti was second next time out and then went in on next run , the seventh was a close up second on next run , the ninth was second to Tara Iti so it could be that the form of the race is quite good. That run was her first after having wind surgery and was coming back from 198 days off so that was a sound effort in my book and i think she could go one better here now shes had that initial outing. And coming here to Uttoxeter helps i think as shes rarely run a bad race in her five races with two wins and two places , one win and two places from four runs over todays CD. Has yet to win off a mark this high but she has run well and been placed so not too concerned about that tbh , Bryony Frost in the saddle and she rode the horse last time out on her sole ride on her to date , 100% strike rate over the last month with a profit of +£2.50 , and she does well enough at the course with a 13% strike rate overall (and a small profit of +£2.50) , trainer Michael Roberts sends just this one to the meeting making her the longest traveller of the meeting here , which always catches my eye have to admit , when sending his runners here he has a 29% strike rate overall. Definatley in with a shout i think.

Back