• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif
1st 6/4 (25p Rule 4 on EP)

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Secret Handsheikh 14/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Panning For Gold 5/2 Non Runner
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost
Lilkian 11/2 :thumb 1st 5/2 (10p Rule 4 on EP)
Sandalwood 9/4 :thumb 1st 4/6 (25p Rule 4 on EP)

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Alright Sunshine 20/1 Lost
Cumulonimbus 7/1 Lost (3rd)
One Last Hug 6/1 :thumb 1st 10/1 (15p Rule 4 on EP)
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Holy Fire 15/2 Lost (2nd)
Dandys Angel 6/1 :thumb 1st 10/3
Symbol Of Hope 5/1 Lost (3rd)
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Doctor Khan Junior 7/1 Non Runner
Vintage Clarets 9/1 Lost (3rd)
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Faerie Cutlass 7/2 Non Runner
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost
Bit Of A Quirke 10/1 Lost
Rory The Cat 9/4 :thumb 1st 2/1
Dicey Reilly 13/8 :thumb 1st 10/11

Princess Midnight 4/1 Lost
No Way Pedro 5/2 :thumb 1st 3/1
Bluebella 3/1 Lost
Prince Alex 5/1 Lost
Corinthia Knight 10/1 Lost
Round The Island 10/1 Lost
Manor Park 16/1 Lost
Just A Spark 4/1 Lost
Equiano Springs 10/1 :thumb 1st 5/1
Apparate 20/1 Lost
Novel Legend 11/2 Lost (2nd)
Tontos Spirit 11/2 Lost
Glan Y Gors 11/2 Lost
Sandalwood 9/4 Lost
Cracking Destiny 7/2 Lost (2nd)

Bets 44 .. Won 10 .. EP +9.80 / SP -2.59

Tuesday 25th July

8.30 Wolverhampton - Show Compassion 9/4 (365) - Sparked 15/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A couple catch my eye in this , the first of those is top weight SHOW COMPASSION who comes into this on the back of a solid win over 6f here last time out , beating Yaahobby by a length and a quarter. The third went close next time out going down by a neck , the fifth home has run well in fourth on two outings since that race so the form isnt looking too bad imo , in all honesty she won that race a shade cosily and despite a 4lb rise here i think she can go very close. Has run twice at Wolverhampton , winning over 6f last time and placing over todays CD. Trainer Michael Dods is one of those i look for in sprint races , and he has a 16% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , caught my attention that he has just this one at the meeting making her the longest traveller of the day here , Faye McManoman also here for just this one and she has ridden the horse once , last time out for the win , has a 12.5% strike rate when coming here this season and when she and the trainer have teamed up in the past three weeks they have a 50% strike rate. The other one is SPARKED , who hasnt been in sparkling form it has to be said but did run a cracker 4 races ago when a neck second at Lingfield , since then shes performed poorly it has to be said but does have the cheekpieces re applied this evening so im hoping that they'll do their job and that a better effort is on the cards as shes dropped in grade , placed on only start over CD and everything else looks fine , class , draw , handicap (has won off higher than todays mark) , and going. Only runner here for Jim Boyle who has a 13% strike rate at the course overall and jockey Charlie Bennett also here for just this one ride , has placed twice from his seven rides to date on the horse. If on song i think she can give them all something to think about.

5.30 Southwell - Methodtothemadness 7/2 (365,Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Coconut Twist 10/3 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Two for me in this one , METHODTOTHEMADNESS is the first one who won her first race last time out over this evenings CD , beating Pure Surf by 10 lengths , that was an eyecatching display imho as she was going away at the end of that race and i think theres every chance that she can follow up here despite the 9lb hike in the weights. Richard Philips has just this one here and he has a 20% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 50% strike rate when sending his runners here this term , whilst Finn Lambert who takes off a handy 5lb is also here for just this one ride , rode the mare to victory last time and like the trainer has a 20% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 50% strike rate when coming here this season along with a profit of +£15.00 and when trainer and jockey have combined their talents over the last 21 days they have a 100% strike rate. I think she can definatley make her presence felt. COCONUT TWIST is my other selection , comes into this on the back of four seconds , so cant be faulted for consistency .. and sooner or later i think he has to get his head in front , hopefully this evening ! The winner of his last race , Secret Trix , has gone in again so the form has been franked somewhat , and if in the same sort of mood as his previous four races then he will definatley be on the premises come the business end of things. Has never won here at Shuvvel but has placed on both outings at the course so that shouldnt be a problem , this is his first try at todays distance but hes ran well over further and shorter so hopefully that shouldnt be a problem and it could well be the key to unlocking his potential and getting him his first win. Trainer Brian Barr bang in form at the moment with a 42.9% strike rate in the past month and the fact he sends just this one to the meeting could be a pointer in itself , and when sending his runners here this season he has a 50% strike rate. Jockey Harry Reed in the plate on his sole start of the day , and though hes never won on the horse he has 4 places from his 7 rides to date. Has a 33% strike rate over the last fortnight. Another decent showing looks to be on the cards and one that will hopefully see him break that maiden tag.

7.50 Chelmsford - Semser 14/1 (365,Corals,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Jenson Benson 20/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A few of these look as though they could go well in this but im siding with a couple at decent prices who i think have the potential to upset the apple cart , the first one of those is JENSON BENSON whose been a bit hit and miss this year it has to be said and when last seen was plum last over tonights CD (to the other selection) but generally speaking he rarely runs a bad race here at Chelmsford , overall he has four wins and five places from fourteen runs , whilst over CD hes had five runs winning one and placing in three , so im hoping the little break hes had will see him return fit , well and ready to do himself justice at a course he clearly likes. Has never won in a class 4 handicap which is slightly off putting i admit but has ran well before , and has never won off a mark this high before but theres a first time for everything isnt there ?! .. Shaun Lycett hasnt had a winner for a while but hes been having a decent season overall , and has a 16.7% strike rate here this term , whilst Luke Morris is in the saddle for the first time which i think is a good sign. Can make his presence felt if anywhere near the top of his game. SEMSER is the other one i like , won here over CD back in May making it two from two over CD , followed that up with a solid second next time at Goodwood before throwing in a below par effort last time out at Lingfield , but im hoping that a return to a course he runs well at will see him getting back on track. That last time out win came off a 2lb lower mark than tonights but he has won off and ran well off tonights mark. Gary Moore has his yard in good order with a 42% strike rate over the last two weeks , and this season he has a 50% strike rate here at Chelmsford along with a healthy profit of +£36.80 , so the fact that he sends just this one here didnt go un noticed. Jockey Tom Queally also here for just this one tonight , and he has a 33% strike rate in the past two weeks , and this season he has a 40% strike rate when coming here alongside a profit of +£14.30. Can go well at a course he likes.

4.15 Musselburgh - Indication Spirit 9/4 (365,Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
INDICATION SPIRIT stands out to me in this nursery handicap , won well over CD last time out following a solid debut run in second , and theres every chance that she can follow up here this afternoon on her handicap debut off what looks to be a workable mark , and as shes only a two year old theres bound to me more improvement to come after only two races to date. Trainer has just this one at the meeting and he has a 26% strike rate in the last three weeks , and when sending them over the border from his Middleham yard he has a 37.5% strike rate along with a small profit of +£7.70 , Clifford Lee gets the steering job and he rode her to the last time out win making him one from one , he too is here for just this one , and he has a 22% strike rate over the last three weeks and he too has a 37.5% strike rate when coming to Musselburgh this term , and when he has paired up with the trainer over the past three weeks the pair have a 34% strike rate. Should be making her presence felt when it matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday 25th July

8.30 Wolverhampton - Show Compassion 9/4 (365) :hissyfit- Sparked 15/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
A couple catch my eye in this , the first of those is top weight SHOW COMPASSION who comes into this on the back of a solid win over 6f here last time out , beating Yaahobby by a length and a quarter. The third went close next time out going down by a neck , the fifth home has run well in fourth on two outings since that race so the form isnt looking too bad imo , in all honesty she won that race a shade cosily and despite a 4lb rise here i think she can go very close. Has run twice at Wolverhampton , winning over 6f last time and placing over todays CD. Trainer Michael Dods is one of those i look for in sprint races , and he has a 16% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , caught my attention that he has just this one at the meeting making her the longest traveller of the day here , Faye McManoman also here for just this one and she has ridden the horse once , last time out for the win , has a 12.5% strike rate when coming here this season and when she and the trainer have teamed up in the past three weeks they have a 50% strike rate. The other one is SPARKED , who hasnt been in sparkling form it has to be said but did run a cracker 4 races ago when a neck second at Lingfield , since then shes performed poorly it has to be said but does have the cheekpieces re applied this evening so im hoping that they'll do their job and that a better effort is on the cards as shes dropped in grade , placed on only start over CD and everything else looks fine , class , draw , handicap (has won off higher than todays mark) , and going. Only runner here for Jim Boyle who has a 13% strike rate at the course overall and jockey Charlie Bennett also here for just this one ride , has placed twice from his seven rides to date on the horse. If on song i think she can give them all something to think about.

5.30 Southwell - Methodtothemadness 7/2 (365,Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 3rd - Coconut Twist 10/3 (Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd
Two for me in this one , METHODTOTHEMADNESS is the first one who won her first race last time out over this evenings CD , beating Pure Surf by 10 lengths , that was an eyecatching display imho as she was going away at the end of that race and i think theres every chance that she can follow up here despite the 9lb hike in the weights. Richard Philips has just this one here and he has a 20% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 50% strike rate when sending his runners here this term , whilst Finn Lambert who takes off a handy 5lb is also here for just this one ride , rode the mare to victory last time and like the trainer has a 20% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 50% strike rate when coming here this season along with a profit of +£15.00 and when trainer and jockey have combined their talents over the last 21 days they have a 100% strike rate. I think she can definatley make her presence felt. COCONUT TWIST is my other selection , comes into this on the back of four seconds , so cant be faulted for consistency .. and sooner or later i think he has to get his head in front , hopefully this evening ! The winner of his last race , Secret Trix , has gone in again so the form has been franked somewhat , and if in the same sort of mood as his previous four races then he will definatley be on the premises come the business end of things. Has never won here at Shuvvel but has placed on both outings at the course so that shouldnt be a problem , this is his first try at todays distance but hes ran well over further and shorter so hopefully that shouldnt be a problem and it could well be the key to unlocking his potential and getting him his first win. Trainer Brian Barr bang in form at the moment with a 42.9% strike rate in the past month and the fact he sends just this one to the meeting could be a pointer in itself , and when sending his runners here this season he has a 50% strike rate. Jockey Harry Reed in the plate on his sole start of the day , and though hes never won on the horse he has 4 places from his 7 rides to date. Has a 33% strike rate over the last fortnight. Another decent showing looks to be on the cards and one that will hopefully see him break that maiden tag.

7.50 Chelmsford - Semser 14/1 (365,Corals,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Jenson Benson 20/1 (365,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
A few of these look as though they could go well in this but im siding with a couple at decent prices who i think have the potential to upset the apple cart , the first one of those is JENSON BENSON whose been a bit hit and miss this year it has to be said and when last seen was plum last over tonights CD (to the other selection) but generally speaking he rarely runs a bad race here at Chelmsford , overall he has four wins and five places from fourteen runs , whilst over CD hes had five runs winning one and placing in three , so im hoping the little break hes had will see him return fit , well and ready to do himself justice at a course he clearly likes. Has never won in a class 4 handicap which is slightly off putting i admit but has ran well before , and has never won off a mark this high before but theres a first time for everything isnt there ?! .. Shaun Lycett hasnt had a winner for a while but hes been having a decent season overall , and has a 16.7% strike rate here this term , whilst Luke Morris is in the saddle for the first time which i think is a good sign. Can make his presence felt if anywhere near the top of his game. SEMSER is the other one i like , won here over CD back in May making it two from two over CD , followed that up with a solid second next time at Goodwood before throwing in a below par effort last time out at Lingfield , but im hoping that a return to a course he runs well at will see him getting back on track. That last time out win came off a 2lb lower mark than tonights but he has won off and ran well off tonights mark. Gary Moore has his yard in good order with a 42% strike rate over the last two weeks , and this season he has a 50% strike rate here at Chelmsford along with a healthy profit of +£36.80 , so the fact that he sends just this one here didnt go un noticed. Jockey Tom Queally also here for just this one tonight , and he has a 33% strike rate in the past two weeks , and this season he has a 40% strike rate when coming here alongside a profit of +£14.30. Can go well at a course he likes.

4.15 Musselburgh - Indication Spirit 9/4 (365,Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :thumb 1st 11/8
INDICATION SPIRIT stands out to me in this nursery handicap , won well over CD last time out following a solid debut run in second , and theres every chance that she can follow up here this afternoon on her handicap debut off what looks to be a workable mark , and as shes only a two year old theres bound to me more improvement to come after only two races to date. Trainer has just this one at the meeting and he has a 26% strike rate in the last three weeks , and when sending them over the border from his Middleham yard he has a 37.5% strike rate along with a small profit of +£7.70 , Clifford Lee gets the steering job and he rode her to the last time out win making him one from one , he too is here for just this one , and he has a 22% strike rate over the last three weeks and he too has a 37.5% strike rate when coming to Musselburgh this term , and when he has paired up with the trainer over the past three weeks the pair have a 34% strike rate. Should be making her presence felt when it matters.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost

Bluebella 3/1 Lost
Prince Alex 5/1 Lost
Manor Park 16/1 Lost
Just A Spark 4/1 Lost
Apparate 20/1 Lost
Tontos Spirit 11/2 Lost
Glan Y Gors 11/2 Lost
Sandalwood 9/4 Lost
Show Compassion 9/4 ..
Sparked 15/2 ..
Methodtothemadness 7/2 Lost (3rd)
Coconut Twist 10/3 Lost (2nd)
Semser 14/1 Lost
Jenson Benson 20/1 Lost
Indication Spirit 9/4 :thumb 1st 11/8

Bets 51 .. Won 11 .. EP +6.05 / SP -7.21

Wednesday 26th July

5.40 Lingfield - Major Gatsby 7/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Blue Collar Lad 11/1 (365,Hills,SkyBet,BFred)
A few of these look as though they could go well in this but im gonna side with a couple at better prices in the hope they can go well , first of those is MAJOR GATSBY whose been running well without winning of late and comes into this below his last winning mark which i think gives him a major in this this evening , especially as it looks as though hes coming closer to getting his head in front for the first time this year. Has never won here at Lingers but has run well on all starts , class , going and weight shouldnt be a problem and hes not badly berthed. Bill Turners only runner at the meeting and he can ready one when he has too , David Probert has the ride for the first time and he has a 13% strike rate this season along with a profit of +11.03. Can make his presence felt. BLUE COLLAR LAD is the other one that cataches my eye , won here over 7f on penultimate run before bombing at Leicester last time out , that may of been because they left off the headgear which is back on this time around so im willing to excuse that lto run and give him a chance. Robyn Brisland has a 29% strike rate in the last two weeks and has just this one at the meeting , and claimer Shariq Mohd also here for just this one , takes off a handy 7lb and is in good form at the moment with a 40% strike rate over the last month. If the headgear has the desired effect can definatley be on the premises.

4.40 Lingfield - Battleofbaltimore 6/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
Like the look of BATTLEOFBALTIMORE in this sprint , has run well on both his starts to date coming third and second , the second was here at Leafy over 6f last time out , and i think that this drop to the minimum will play to the strengths of this naturally speedy sort. Dylan Cunha seems to do well with these types and he has just this one at the meeting today where he has a 42.9% strike rate this season , whilst jockey Greg Cheyne is also here for just the one ride. I cant see this one being far away at what i think is a decent price.

4.30 Catterick - Jamil 5/1 (365,Hills,Coral,Bfred,SkyBet) - Valley Of Flowers 9/2 (Hills)
Trappy looking handicap but theres two i think can go well , JAMIL is the first one , whose being going well since May with figures of - 3,1,6,3 .. the last time out third was over this afternoons CD where he acquitted himself well going down by 2 3/4 lengths , has never run a bad race over CD with three wins and a place from four runs over CD , so hopefully can add to that tally today. Has won off higher than todays mark and everything looks right for a solid effort today , and this is Tina Jacksons only runner here and she has a 33.3% strike rate this term when sending her runners here , whilst the talented Mark Winn , claiming a handy 3lb , is in the saddle on his sole start of the day , has ridden the horse twice before with one win being the end result. VALLEY OF FLOWERS is my other selection , has been holding her form well since coming back from a lay off - 2,2,1,7,2 and i can see no reason why she shouldnt go well again. Was a solid second here over CD last time out and races off the same mark , and though has never won here at Catterick has placed on all three starts at the course , two of them being over CD. Jacqueline Coward has a 20% strike rate over the last four weeks and sends just this one to the course this afternoon , Paul Mulrennan in the saddle and he has a win and a place from his three rides aboard the horse , and has a 17% strike rate over the last three weeks , shouldnt be far away.

6.00 Sandown - Nonsuch Lad 9/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Quite an open looking Apprentice Handicap but i like the look of the chances of NONSUCH LAD whose been in decent form lately , since coming back from a break in April hes been there or thereabouts in all four races including a third over CD back in May , a sound enough third last time out at Epsom when he was keeping on but just couldnt make up the ground , hopefully he can do better here this evening. Gets in here off the same mark and has run well here both times hes been here at Sandown , both over CD , winning once and coming third in the other and as such makes him the sole CD winner in the race , which isnt a bad thing imho. Trainer Jim Boyle two entered into the race and they're his only runners here , his other one being The Conquerer , and for me the selection looks to be the stronger option , 3lb claimer Luke Catton also here for just the one ride and hes one from one on the horse. Should be in the thick of things come the line.

Wednesday 26th July

5.40 Lingfield - Major Gatsby 7/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Blue Collar Lad 11/1 (365,Hills,SkyBet,BFred) :hissyfit
A few of these look as though they could go well in this but im gonna side with a couple at better prices in the hope they can go well , first of those is MAJOR GATSBY whose been running well without winning of late and comes into this below his last winning mark which i think gives him a major in this this evening , especially as it looks as though hes coming closer to getting his head in front for the first time this year. Has never won here at Lingers but has run well on all starts , class , going and weight shouldnt be a problem and hes not badly berthed. Bill Turners only runner at the meeting and he can ready one when he has too , David Probert has the ride for the first time and he has a 13% strike rate this season along with a profit of +11.03. Can make his presence felt. BLUE COLLAR LAD is the other one that cataches my eye , won here over 7f on penultimate run before bombing at Leicester last time out , that may of been because they left off the headgear which is back on this time around so im willing to excuse that lto run and give him a chance. Robyn Brisland has a 29% strike rate in the last two weeks and has just this one at the meeting , and claimer Shariq Mohd also here for just this one , takes off a handy 7lb and is in good form at the moment with a 40% strike rate over the last month. If the headgear has the desired effect can definatley be on the premises.

4.40 Lingfield - Battleofbaltimore 6/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Like the look of BATTLEOFBALTIMORE in this sprint , has run well on both his starts to date coming third and second , the second was here at Leafy over 6f last time out , and i think that this drop to the minimum will play to the strengths of this naturally speedy sort. Dylan Cunha seems to do well with these types and he has just this one at the meeting today where he has a 42.9% strike rate this season , whilst jockey Greg Cheyne is also here for just the one ride. I cant see this one being far away at what i think is a decent price.

4.30 Catterick - Jamil 5/1 (365,Hills,Coral,Bfred,SkyBet) :thumb 1st 7/2 - Valley Of Flowers 9/2 (Hills) :hissyfit 2nd
Trappy looking handicap but theres two i think can go well , JAMIL is the first one , whose being going well since May with figures of - 3,1,6,3 .. the last time out third was over this afternoons CD where he acquitted himself well going down by 2 3/4 lengths , has never run a bad race over CD with three wins and a place from four runs over CD , so hopefully can add to that tally today. Has won off higher than todays mark and everything looks right for a solid effort today , and this is Tina Jacksons only runner here and she has a 33.3% strike rate this term when sending her runners here , whilst the talented Mark Winn , claiming a handy 3lb , is in the saddle on his sole start of the day , has ridden the horse twice before with one win being the end result. VALLEY OF FLOWERS is my other selection , has been holding her form well since coming back from a lay off - 2,2,1,7,2 and i can see no reason why she shouldnt go well again. Was a solid second here over CD last time out and races off the same mark , and though has never won here at Catterick has placed on all three starts at the course , two of them being over CD. Jacqueline Coward has a 20% strike rate over the last four weeks and sends just this one to the course this afternoon , Paul Mulrennan in the saddle and he has a win and a place from his three rides aboard the horse , and has a 17% strike rate over the last three weeks , shouldnt be far away.

6.00 Sandown - Nonsuch Lad 9/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Quite an open looking Apprentice Handicap but i like the look of the chances of NONSUCH LAD whose been in decent form lately , since coming back from a break in April hes been there or thereabouts in all four races including a third over CD back in May , a sound enough third last time out at Epsom when he was keeping on but just couldnt make up the ground , hopefully he can do better here this evening. Gets in here off the same mark and has run well here both times hes been here at Sandown , both over CD , winning once and coming third in the other and as such makes him the sole CD winner in the race , which isnt a bad thing imho. Trainer Jim Boyle two entered into the race and they're his only runners here , his other one being The Conquerer , and for me the selection looks to be the stronger option , 3lb claimer Luke Catton also here for just the one ride and hes one from one on the horse. Should be in the thick of things come the line.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost

Bluebella 3/1 Lost
Prince Alex 5/1 Lost
Manor Park 16/1 Lost
Just A Spark 4/1 Lost
Apparate 20/1 Lost
Tontos Spirit 11/2 Lost
Glan Y Gors 11/2 Lost
Sandalwood 9/4 Lost
Show Compassion 9/4 Lost
Sparked 15/2 Lost
Semser 14/1 Lost
Jenson Benson 20/1 Lost
Major Gatsby 7/1 Lost
Blue Collar Lad 11/1 Lost
Battleofbaltimore 6/1 Lost
Jamil 5/1 :thumb 1st 7/2
Valley Of Flowers 9/2 Lost (2nd)
Nonsuch Lad 6/1 Lost

Bets 57 .. Won 12 .. EP +6.05 / SP

Thursday 27th July

6.15 Newbury - Mrs Meader 3/1 (365)
Trappy six runner amateurs handicap where most could have a case made for them but MRS MEADER stands out for me , had a great year in 2022 with figures of - 4,3,1,2,1,1 with two of those wins coming here at Newbury where she has a solid record , a win and a place from two runs over this evenings CD and two wins and a place from four runs overall. Has yet to win this year but has been running well enough in defeat - 4,4,3,3 and i think its only a matter of time before she hits top gear and gets her head in front. Comes into this on the same mark as her last time out third although hasnt won off a mark this high before but has run well , and everything else looks fine to me , distance , class and going. Julia Fielden has just this one at the meeting today and she has a 30.8% strike rate here over the last five years along with a profit of +5.70. Jockey Ross Birkett is , in my opinion , one of the better amateurs and hes in the plate on his only ride of the meeting , and he has a good record on the horse with two wins and four places from his seven rides and when he has ventured to the course in the last five years he comes away with a 50% strike rate and a healthy profit of +25.70. Should go close.

5.20 Doncaster - Le Reveur 7/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Hostelry 9/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Couple catch my eye in this , first one is the consistent HOSTELRY who since coming back from a break in April of this year has only been out of the first three home once in eight runs - 2,5,2,1,3,2,3,3 .. and i cant see any reason why she shouldnt run her race once again and be in the mix come the finishing line. Last two races have been over this evenings CD , and despite having never won here she usually runs well. Coming down in class today , from class 5 to class 6 , and has won off todays mark in the past. Seems to go on any going , so any more rain shouldnt pose a problem. Ruth Carr looks as though shes coming into form , in the last couple days shes had two seconds and a winner from four runners , Christian Howarth in the hot seat on his sole ride of the day and he helps the cause with his 5lb claim , has ridden the horse three times before resulting in one win. Should be bang there at what i think is a decent price. LE REVEUR is the other one i like , has been running well enough since returning from 203 days off back in May - 4,7,2,4 so there or thereabouts more often than not , 8lb below his last winning mark which has to give him a chance here i think , and the fact hes one from one over CD hasnt gone un noticed either. Distance , Going and Class all have ticks in the right boxes and what caught my eye is the fact that since returning to action hes been ridden by claimers whereas today he has the able assistance of Rossa Ryan whose a jockey i rate. Has a 29% strike rate in the last fortnight and when coming to Donny he has a 15% strike rate overall along with a profit of +18.21. Trainer has just this one at the meeting , 14% strike rate over the last three weeks and do well when sending them here. Can definatley make his presence felt.

Thursday 27th July

6.15 Newbury - Mrs Meader 3/1 (365) :hissyfit
Trappy six runner amateurs handicap where most could have a case made for them but MRS MEADER stands out for me , had a great year in 2022 with figures of - 4,3,1,2,1,1 with two of those wins coming here at Newbury where she has a solid record , a win and a place from two runs over this evenings CD and two wins and a place from four runs overall. Has yet to win this year but has been running well enough in defeat - 4,4,3,3 and i think its only a matter of time before she hits top gear and gets her head in front. Comes into this on the same mark as her last time out third although hasnt won off a mark this high before but has run well , and everything else looks fine to me , distance , class and going. Julia Fielden has just this one at the meeting today and she has a 30.8% strike rate here over the last five years along with a profit of +5.70. Jockey Ross Birkett is , in my opinion , one of the better amateurs and hes in the plate on his only ride of the meeting , and he has a good record on the horse with two wins and four places from his seven rides and when he has ventured to the course in the last five years he comes away with a 50% strike rate and a healthy profit of +25.70. Should go close.

5.20 Doncaster - Le Reveur 7/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Hostelry 9/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Couple catch my eye in this , first one is the consistent HOSTELRY who since coming back from a break in April of this year has only been out of the first three home once in eight runs - 2,5,2,1,3,2,3,3 .. and i cant see any reason why she shouldnt run her race once again and be in the mix come the finishing line. Last two races have been over this evenings CD , and despite having never won here she usually runs well. Coming down in class today , from class 5 to class 6 , and has won off todays mark in the past. Seems to go on any going , so any more rain shouldnt pose a problem. Ruth Carr looks as though shes coming into form , in the last couple days shes had two seconds and a winner from four runners , Christian Howarth in the hot seat on his sole ride of the day and he helps the cause with his 5lb claim , has ridden the horse three times before resulting in one win. Should be bang there at what i think is a decent price. LE REVEUR is the other one i like , has been running well enough since returning from 203 days off back in May - 4,7,2,4 so there or thereabouts more often than not , 8lb below his last winning mark which has to give him a chance here i think , and the fact hes one from one over CD hasnt gone un noticed either. Distance , Going and Class all have ticks in the right boxes and what caught my eye is the fact that since returning to action hes been ridden by claimers whereas today he has the able assistance of Rossa Ryan whose a jockey i rate. Has a 29% strike rate in the last fortnight and when coming to Donny he has a 15% strike rate overall along with a profit of +18.21. Trainer has just this one at the meeting , 14% strike rate over the last three weeks and do well when sending them here. Can definatley make his presence felt.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost

Bluebella 3/1 Lost
Prince Alex 5/1 Lost
Manor Park 16/1 Lost
Just A Spark 4/1 Lost
Apparate 20/1 Lost
Tontos Spirit 11/2 Lost
Glan Y Gors 11/2 Lost
Sandalwood 9/4 Lost
Show Compassion 9/4 Lost
Sparked 15/2 Lost
Semser 14/1 Lost
Jenson Benson 20/1 Lost
Major Gatsby 7/1 Lost
Nonsuch Lad 6/1 Lost
Mrs Meader 3/1 Lost
Hostelry 9/1 Lost
Le Revue 7/1 Lost

Bets 60 .. Won 12 .. EP +3.05 / SP -11.71

Saturday 29th July

2.40 York - The Green Man 11/1 (365,Coral) - Lucky Man 11/1 (SkyBet)
Couple catch my eye in this dash , although to be honest any number of them could be given a chance , THE GREEN MAN is the first one on the list who comes into this bang in form with two wins and two thirds in his last four races , decent enough third when last seen at Newmarket but routed a decent field by 3 1/4 lengths on his penultimate run , beating Good Earth (2nd) and Abate (third) who have been running well so to me that looks good form , and hopefully a repeat of that here today can see him go awfully close in this. One from one over CD , never won in a class two but im hopeful that in his current form he can rectify that. Joseph Parr has been amongst the winners with a 25% strike rate over the last forntight , and he sends just this one to the meeting , Daniel Muscutt in the saddle and he has two wins and a place from his five rides aboard the horse , and he too has been in decent form with a 23% strike rate in the last three weeks , and when the pair have combined their talents over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate. My other selection for this is LUCKY MAN who ran well enough at Ascot last time out to come third of six after a 58 day lay off , hopefully that run will have him spot on for this this afternoon , has a win and two places from five runs over CD , and the ground shouldnt be an issue. Looks decently enough berthed to me , hasnt won off a mark this high but has run well off higher so hopefully not too much of a problem and hasnt won in a class two either but has gone well in them before so again hopefully can gain his first win in one. Only runner here for Richard Spencer and he has a 23% strike rate over the last coupla weeks , whilst Andrea Atzeni takes over the reigns for the first time which boosts my confidence i have to say , has a 13% strike rate overall here at York along with a profit of +23.45 , when trainer and jockey have teamed up over the past 21 days they have a 50% strike rate. If at his best should be in the mix.

6.00 Windsor - Spoof 5/2 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Lipsink 17/2 (Lads,Coral)
Six runner handicap where a case could be made for all of them to be honest but theres two in particular who dinged my radar , the first one is SPOOF who was a creditable ninth of fifteen in a class two handicap at Ascot last time out , only beaten 3 3/4 lengths , dropped in class here to a class 4 he'll hopefully find this an easier task. Was a poor tenth of eleven in his penultimate run but before that won twice in this grade and before that a decent third , also in this grade. Usually runs well here at Windsor , over CD he has 3 wins and 2 places from his 8 outings , and im expecting a decent run could well be on the cards this evening as everything points in that direction , or it does to me anyway. Lowered to a class hes won in and has won off higher mark he should be fighting out the finish. Kevin Frost has just this one here , and has a 100% strike rate when sending his runners here this term , Joe Leavy eases the burden with his 7lb claim and this will be his first time on the horse , and he too is here for just this one. LIPSINK is my other selection , has been in so - so form of late being there or thereabouts , but he is capable of better i think , and hopefully he can put his best hoove forward here tonight. One thing that caught my eye is the fact that on his return to action back in April he was second to Spoof over CD , beaten 2 1/4 lengths , he now has a 14lb pull with that one so if on song he's more than capable of reversing that earlier form. Has won off higher than todays mark , and draw , going and class all look fine and dandy to me. Robert Cowell sends just this one to the meeting , and he has a 13% strike rate overall here at Windsor , whilst Aiden Keeley on board for the first time and he too is here for just this one ride. Has too improve on recent showings but if he does then i think he definatley stands a chance of getting his head in front.

3.00 Ascot - Northern Express 16/1 (365) - Fresh 8/1 (365) - Bless Him 12/1 (Coral,Lads)
As you'd expect this looks wide open with a whole host of runners looking to hold serious chances but theres three im looking at who i reckon are fair prices who i think can go close here , first of those is NORTHERN EXPRESS who comes into this in fine form with figures of - 1,3,3,1 in his last four outings , the first win being in the Thirsk Hunt Cup which he won by 3/4 length , solid effort last time out when he beat the re opposing Vafortino by a short head and im hopeful that he can beat that rival once again. A cracking third in his penultimate run where he was third of twenty nine which also shows that big fields like todays hold no fears for him which is a major plus in a race of this size. Has never won here in three attempts but has placed in two of those runs. Has never won off a mark this high but given his current form and frame of mind im hoping that he can cope , distance , draw and going no problem and i can see him going close here this afternoon improving on the fourth last year. Michael Dods has just this one representing him this afternoon , and the fact he brings just this one down from his County Durham base makes him the longest traveller of the day here today and being the shrewd trainer he is i cant see him bringing him all the way here if he didnt fancy his chances , has an 18% strike rate here at Ascot overall. Whilst Paul Mulrennan also comes here for just this one ride , and he seems to get on well with the horse with five wins and six places from sixteen rides , has a 15% strike rate over the last three weeks and when he and the trainer have paired up over the same period they have a 25% strike rate. Next one on the list is FRESH who hasnt been at his best since returning to action back in April but hes more than capable on his day and ran his best race this term when fifth in the Wokingham last time out and usually does well here with two wins and two places from six runs , including taking this race last year , and overall he has three wins and fours places from twelve runs. Has won off slightly higher than todays mark , and the going , draw and class all have ticks in the right boxes as far as im concerned. Trainer Jamie Fanshawe has two entered and theyre his only runners at the meeting , other runner being Hickory , and in all honesty you cant discount his runners in races like this , has a 13% strike rate over the past fortnight and has a 14% strike rate when sending them here to Ascot , Daniel Tudhope in the hot seat and he has three wins and three places from his thirteen rides on the horse to date , and has an 18% strike rate in the last two weeks , hes one of those jockeys you like to have onside in these big handicaps i always think. Can definatley make his presence felt. And last , but by no means least , the third selection BLESS HIM , whose been running well and has been there or thereabouts in his last two starts , beaten by the re opposing Biggles last time out but im hopeful that he can turn that form around here today , came very close in this race last year when just denied by Fresh by a short head , but is now 3lb better off with him today and with a bit of luck could well come out on top , being a hold up horse he obviously needs that extra bit of luck , and hopefully he can find it here this afternoon. Has placed on only start over CD , but has won at the course a couple of times. David Simcock has only this one here today , and has secured the services of Jamie Spencer , the jockey you want when you have a hold up horse i'd say , has ridden the horse 22 times to date with the end result being 6 wins and 4 places. When the duo have combined their talents over the last three weeks they come away with a 25% strike rate. If getting the breaks should definatley be on the premises when it matters.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost

Bluebella 3/1 Lost
Prince Alex 5/1 Lost
Manor Park 16/1 Lost
Just A Spark 4/1 Lost
Apparate 20/1 Lost
Tontos Spirit 11/2 Lost
Glan Y Gors 11/2 Lost
Sandalwood 9/4 Lost
Show Compassion 9/4 Lost
Sparked 15/2 Lost
Semser 14/1 Lost
Jenson Benson 20/1 Lost
Major Gatsby 7/1 Lost
Nonsuch Lad 6/1 Lost
Mrs Meader 3/1 Lost
Hostelry 9/1 Lost
Le Revue 7/1 Lost
Lucky Man 11/1 Lost
The Green Man 11/1 Lost (3rd)
Spoof 5/2 Lost (2nd)
Lipsink 17/2 Lost
Northern Express 16/1 Lost (4th)
Fresh 8/1 Lost
Bless Him 12/1 Lost

Bets 67 .. Won 12 .. EP -3.95 / SP -18.71

Monday 31st July

7.32 Lingfield - Otago 10/3 (Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) - Alyara 9/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
Two catch my eye in this one , first one is OTAGO who arrives on the back of a fair fourth at Epsom last time out , and on the whole has been running well this year , and gets in here off his last winning mark. Usually plies his trade in slightly higher grades than this . last win came in a class 4 at Brighton , so this drop to class 6 should help his chances i think , last time he ran in this class he was touched off by a nose. Placed on his only start here at leafy , i think he should be making his presence felt when it matters. Jim Boyle has a pair of runners in this (his other one is Bonus) , and they're his only entries at the meeting , whilst Charlie Bennett is also here for just this one ride , has 4 wins and 4 places from his 26 rides aboard the horse so knows the horse well enough. The other selection is ALYARA whose been a bit hit and miss thus far this term but did run a decent run in third on her penultimate run and looking through her form she seems to come good around this time of year , July / August , so hopefully she can do herself justice here this afternoon. She looks to be on a decent mark here , has won off higher , and if she can put her best foot forward then i think that puts her firmly in the picture. John Flint has just this one representing him at the meeting and he has a 25% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst Tom Marquand is in the saddle for the first time , has a 14% strike rate in the last two weeks and has a 17.6% strike rate here this term.

3.05 Ayr - See My Baby Live 2/1 (365,Hills)
SEE MY BABY JIVE enters this in search of a four timer and i think theres a good chance of her achieving it , all those wins have come over todays CD , and she beat Pretty Boy Floyd by 3/4 length last time out , although she was probably value for further imho , and i dont think the 4lb penalty she carries here this afternoon will hinder chances. All those wins have come since she had the blinkers applied so obviously theyve worked the oracle and its good to see that they're retained today. Shes the only runner here for trainer Donald Whillans and hes got a 100% strike rate over the last three weeks , and in the last month comes out ahead with a +17.50 profit , and has a 30% strike rate here at Ayr over the last five years. Jason Hart in the plate and hes ridden her to two of those three recent victories , making his tally to date on here two wins and one place from six rides , and he has a 20% strike rate over the past two weeks and in the last 21 days trainer and jockey have a 100% strike rate when teaming up. I honestly cant see her being outa of the mix here today.

Monday 31st July

7.32 Lingfield - Otago 10/3 (Coral,Hills,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Alyara 9/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads) :hissyfit
Two catch my eye in this one , first one is OTAGO who arrives on the back of a fair fourth at Epsom last time out , and on the whole has been running well this year , and gets in here off his last winning mark. Usually plies his trade in slightly higher grades than this . last win came in a class 4 at Brighton , so this drop to class 6 should help his chances i think , last time he ran in this class he was touched off by a nose. Placed on his only start here at leafy , i think he should be making his presence felt when it matters. Jim Boyle has a pair of runners in this (his other one is Bonus) , and they're his only entries at the meeting , whilst Charlie Bennett is also here for just this one ride , has 4 wins and 4 places from his 26 rides aboard the horse so knows the horse well enough. The other selection is ALYARA whose been a bit hit and miss thus far this term but did run a decent run in third on her penultimate run and looking through her form she seems to come good around this time of year , July / August , so hopefully she can do herself justice here this afternoon. She looks to be on a decent mark here , has won off higher , and if she can put her best foot forward then i think that puts her firmly in the picture. John Flint has just this one representing him at the meeting and he has a 25% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst Tom Marquand is in the saddle for the first time , has a 14% strike rate in the last two weeks and has a 17.6% strike rate here this term.

3.05 Ayr - See My Baby Live 2/1 (365,Hills) :hissyfit 3rd
SEE MY BABY JIVE enters this in search of a four timer and i think theres a good chance of her achieving it , all those wins have come over todays CD , and she beat Pretty Boy Floyd by 3/4 length last time out , although she was probably value for further imho , and i dont think the 4lb penalty she carries here this afternoon will hinder chances. All those wins have come since she had the blinkers applied so obviously theyve worked the oracle and its good to see that they're retained today. Shes the only runner here for trainer Donald Whillans and hes got a 100% strike rate over the last three weeks , and in the last month comes out ahead with a +17.50 profit , and has a 30% strike rate here at Ayr over the last five years. Jason Hart in the plate and hes ridden her to two of those three recent victories , making his tally to date on here two wins and one place from six rides , and he has a 20% strike rate over the past two weeks and in the last 21 days trainer and jockey have a 100% strike rate when teaming up. I honestly cant see her being outa of the mix here today.

July Totals

Andapa 6/1 Non Runner
Getaway Jewel 2/1 Lost
Duke Of Luckley 5/1 Lost
The Cola Kid 9/2
thumbup.gif

Bama Lama 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Austrian Theory 4/1 Lost
Fantastic Fox 10/3 Lost
Iris Dancer 4/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 13/2
thumbup.gif
1st 5/2

Arctic Fox 9/1 Lost
Hey Ho Lets Go 25/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 10/3 Lost

Go Sing 6/1 Lost
Soul Seeker 4/1 Lost
Ghathanfar 12/1 Lost
Zarzyni 10/1 Lost
Pure Surf 7/2 Lost

Bluebella 3/1 Lost
Prince Alex 5/1 Lost
Manor Park 16/1 Lost
Just A Spark 4/1 Lost
Apparate 20/1 Lost
Tontos Spirit 11/2 Lost
Glan Y Gors 11/2 Lost
Sandalwood 9/4 Lost
Show Compassion 9/4 Lost
Sparked 15/2 Lost
Semser 14/1 Lost
Jenson Benson 20/1 Lost
Major Gatsby 7/1 Lost
Nonsuch Lad 6/1 Lost
Mrs Meader 3/1 Lost
Hostelry 9/1 Lost
Le Revue 7/1 Lost
Lucky Man 11/1 Lost
The Green Man 11/1 Lost (3rd)
Spoof 5/2 Lost (2nd)
Lipsink 17/2 Lost
Northern Express 16/1 Lost (4th)
Fresh 8/1 Lost
Bless Him 12/1 Lost
See My Baby Jive 2/1 Lost (3rd)
Otago 10/3 Lost
Alyara 9/1 Lost

Bets 70 .. Won 12 .. EP -6.95 / SP -21.71

September .. Bets 16 .. Won 4 .. EP +20.80 / SP +7.25
October
... Bets 18 .. Won 2 .. EP +9.00 / SP -5.50
November ... Bets 15 .. Won 5 .. EP +26.25 ./ SP +11.08
December
.. Bets 27 .. Won 2 .. EP -14.50 / SP -21.20
January .. Bets 31 .. Won 4 .. EP 0.00 / SP -8.30
February .. Bets 33 .. Won 5 .. EP +1.83 / SP -8.75
March .. Bets 61 .. Won 15 .. EP +28.13 / SP +30.33
April .. Bets 80 .. Won 19 .. EP +23.73 / SP +13.51
May .. Bets 51 .. Won 13 .. EP +27.30 / SP +12.59
June .. Bets 55 .. Won 6 .. EP -8.62 / SP -5.77
July .. Bets 70 .. Won 12 .. EP -6.95 / SP -21.71

TOTALS .. Bets 477 .. Won 87 .. EP +106.97 / SP +3.49

Saturday 5th August

2.25 Goodwood - Euchen Glen 25/1 (365,Coral,Lads) -Tides Of War 33/1 (365)
Not the most obvious choice admittedly but i like the chances of EUCHEN GLEN in the Coral Summer Handicap , at what i think is a tasty price. Hasnt won since 2nd July 2021 when he took a listed race at Sandown , but has run well in defeat on several occasions and if he's on form then i think he's a danger to all. Has never won here at Goodwood but has placed on his sole start over this afternoons CD , that was in this race last year where he came third , and that was a solid effort considering he ran into all sorts of trouble , a repeat of that run would see him firmly in the mix here. Was beaten by the re opposing Sweet William last time out , when only managing eighth , but i think he can show his true colours here this afternoon.. He might be getting on in age but i dont think he's a back number just yet , game as they come , if he's on song he can definatley give the principals something to think about. As i said Jim Goldie is as wylie and shrewd as they come and he has just this one here this afternoon which could be a pointer in itself as its a long old schlepp from his yard down to Goodwood , and he has an 11% strike rate when sending his runners here overall , whilst Paul Mulrennan in the hot seat and hes been in decent enough form of late with a 15.5% strike rate over the last four weeks , and when trainer and jockey have combined over the last three weeks they come away with a highly respectable 21%. At the price i think hes worth a go to go two better than last year. Another one at a big price i think could go well is TIDES OF WAR , thought long and hard about this one tbh , mainly because he ran well after a break (had been gelded) wearing a first time hood , third to Courage Mon Ami who went in again next time out , but then ran a stinker last time out at Ascot , in a lower grade , with the hood left off , the hood has been left off again and what put me off is exactly that , the hood has been left off after a solid run with it on , however trainer knows better than me , and its early days as has only had five runs for David Simock since leaving Andre Fabre's yard. Placed on sole start here over CD , when third to Courage Mon Ami , and runs off 6lb lower than when making his Uk debut , so to me i think he has to have a decent shout in this as hes probably not shown his best form yet. Trainers only runner on the card and he knows whats what , cant see him running him just for the fun of it , and it caught my eye that Andrea Atzeni is onboard for the first time , jockey i rate highly and more than capable on big race days , worth a go at a nice price.

3.35 Goodwood - Spanish Star 22/1 (Hills)
Wide open looking Stewards Cup where you could make a case for at least three quarters of the runners , possibly more , but i like the look of course specialist SPANISH STAR who rarely runs a bad race here at Goodwood , and at the price has to be worth a pop imho. Been having a good season thus far , winning two of his six races and generally running well enough for me to think he has a chance in this. Bit below par effort last time when fourth of six to Popmaster in a class 3 handicap at Ascot , but was a solid fifth in the Buckingham Palace Stakes on his penultimate run , and best Darkness by 1/2 length before that , looking at those races i think if he brings that form to the table he has to stand a chance here this afternoon. As i've said already he rarely runs a bad race here , with five wins from seven runs over todays CD , and five wins and two places from ten outings here overall , so definatley has a liking for it here and given that would be hard to write him off. Has yet to win from a mark this high but his fifth in the Buckingham Palace stakes was off higher so im not that worried tbh , and hes actually down from that run so to my mind he has to stand a good chance. Trainer Patrick Charmings has just this one here at the meeting , and he has a 13% strike rate over the last fortnight , whilst he has a 50% strike rate when sending his runners here this season , Liam Keniry also here for just this one and he has two wins and seven places from his twenty rides on the horse to date , and he has a 10% strike rate here at Goodwood overall. Given his course form and current price i think hes worth a punt.

7.00 Hamilton - Slainte Mhath 11/4 (Hills,SkyBet) - Iris Dancer 7/1 (Hills)
Open looking handicap this one but im siding with two against the field who i think can make their presences felt , first one of those is SLAINTE MHATH who comes into this in fine form , was fourth to Sophias Starlight last time out , that one goes in the 4.10 at Goodwood so a good run / win from that one will only enhance that form , before that she beat the re opposing Ramon Di Loria by 2 1/2 lengths over this evenings CD , that win made it three wins (and a place) from her five runs over CD , so obviously has a liking for it round here. Hasnt won from a mark this high before but at this track i'd be confident that she'll give it a good go. Katie Scotts sole runner on the card , and she does well when sending her runners here with a 23.5% strike rate this season along with a small profit of +7.50. Phil Dennis in the saddle and he knows the horse well with four wins and two places from his thirteen rides , and hes been doing well when coming here this term with a 41.7% strike rate and a profit of +10.25. Shouldnt be far away when it matters. The other one i like is IRIS DANCER , who was eight of nine to Slainte Mhath on her penultimate run and then followed that up last time with an equally poor effort when only managing fifth of six , but shes better than that and hopefully she can be seen in a better light here this evening , has a decent record here at Hamilton with three wins and six places from thirteen runs (those three wins all over CD as well as three of the places) , trainer sends just this one here from Cumbria and he has an 18.9% strike rate here overall , whilst Andrew Mullen gets the steering job and he has two wins and three places from his nine rides on the horse to date , been amongst the winners with an 18% strike rate in the last three weeks and he has a 14.6% strike rate here this season. Capable on her day.

8.00 Hamilton - Forza Orta 11/4 (365,Hills,SkyBet,BFred)
FORZA ORTA catches my eye in this one , has been running in class twos the last twice so this drop in grade , to a class four , can only help his chances here this evening i feel as this is definatley easier than some of the handicaps hes ran in earlier in the season. He also runs off his last winning mark , another tick in the right box as far as im concerned. One from one over CD , and is two from three here at Hamilton , going looks okay to me as well , as does the draw. Kevin Ryans only runner on the card , and he does well here at Hamilton overall with a 24.3% strike rate along with a profit of +32.25 , and this season hes been just as successful with a strike rate of 29.4% and a profit of +33.25. Billy Garrity in the plate and hes been riding well lately with a 19.2% strike rate over the past month , and like the trainer he does well when coming here with an 11.8% strike rate overall and a tidy profit of +62.33. First time up on the horse but hes a good enough jockey for me not to worry about that. Should definatley be in the thick of things.

Saturday 5th August

2.25 Goodwood - Euchen Glen 25/1 (365,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit 3rd -Tides Of War 33/1 (365) Non Runner
Not the most obvious choice admittedly but i like the chances of EUCHEN GLEN in the Coral Summer Handicap , at what i think is a tasty price. Hasnt won since 2nd July 2021 when he took a listed race at Sandown , but has run well in defeat on several occasions and if he's on form then i think he's a danger to all. Has never won here at Goodwood but has placed on his sole start over this afternoons CD , that was in this race last year where he came third , and that was a solid effort considering he ran into all sorts of trouble , a repeat of that run would see him firmly in the mix here. Was beaten by the re opposing Sweet William last time out , when only managing eighth , but i think he can show his true colours here this afternoon.. He might be getting on in age but i dont think he's a back number just yet , game as they come , if he's on song he can definatley give the principals something to think about. As i said Jim Goldie is as wylie and shrewd as they come and he has just this one here this afternoon which could be a pointer in itself as its a long old schlepp from his yard down to Goodwood , and he has an 11% strike rate when sending his runners here overall , whilst Paul Mulrennan in the hot seat and hes been in decent enough form of late with a 15.5% strike rate over the last four weeks , and when trainer and jockey have combined over the last three weeks they come away with a highly respectable 21%. At the price i think hes worth a go to go two better than last year. Another one at a big price i think could go well is TIDES OF WAR , thought long and hard about this one tbh , mainly because he ran well after a break (had been gelded) wearing a first time hood , third to Courage Mon Ami who went in again next time out , but then ran a stinker last time out at Ascot , in a lower grade , with the hood left off , the hood has been left off again and what put me off is exactly that , the hood has been left off after a solid run with it on , however trainer knows better than me , and its early days as has only had five runs for David Simock since leaving Andre Fabre's yard. Placed on sole start here over CD , when third to Courage Mon Ami , and runs off 6lb lower than when making his Uk debut , so to me i think he has to have a decent shout in this as hes probably not shown his best form yet. Trainers only runner on the card and he knows whats what , cant see him running him just for the fun of it , and it caught my eye that Andrea Atzeni is onboard for the first time , jockey i rate highly and more than capable on big race days , worth a go at a nice price.

3.35 Goodwood - Spanish Star 22/1 (Hills) :hissyfit
Wide open looking Stewards Cup where you could make a case for at least three quarters of the runners , possibly more , but i like the look of course specialist SPANISH STAR who rarely runs a bad race here at Goodwood , and at the price has to be worth a pop imho. Been having a good season thus far , winning two of his six races and generally running well enough for me to think he has a chance in this. Bit below par effort last time when fourth of six to Popmaster in a class 3 handicap at Ascot , but was a solid fifth in the Buckingham Palace Stakes on his penultimate run , and best Darkness by 1/2 length before that , looking at those races i think if he brings that form to the table he has to stand a chance here this afternoon. As i've said already he rarely runs a bad race here , with five wins from seven runs over todays CD , and five wins and two places from ten outings here overall , so definatley has a liking for it here and given that would be hard to write him off. Has yet to win from a mark this high but his fifth in the Buckingham Palace stakes was off higher so im not that worried tbh , and hes actually down from that run so to my mind he has to stand a good chance. Trainer Patrick Charmings has just this one here at the meeting , and he has a 13% strike rate over the last fortnight , whilst he has a 50% strike rate when sending his runners here this season , Liam Keniry also here for just this one and he has two wins and seven places from his twenty rides on the horse to date , and he has a 10% strike rate here at Goodwood overall. Given his course form and current price i think hes worth a punt.

7.00 Hamilton - Slainte Mhath 11/4 (Hills,SkyBet) :hissyfit 2nd - Iris Dancer 7/1 (Hills) :hissyfit
Open looking handicap this one but im siding with two against the field who i think can make their presences felt , first one of those is SLAINTE MHATH who comes into this in fine form , was fourth to Sophias Starlight last time out , that one goes in the 4.10 at Goodwood so a good run / win from that one will only enhance that form , before that she beat the re opposing Ramon Di Loria by 2 1/2 lengths over this evenings CD , that win made it three wins (and a place) from her five runs over CD , so obviously has a liking for it round here. Hasnt won from a mark this high before but at this track i'd be confident that she'll give it a good go. Katie Scotts sole runner on the card , and she does well when sending her runners here with a 23.5% strike rate this season along with a small profit of +7.50. Phil Dennis in the saddle and he knows the horse well with four wins and two places from his thirteen rides , and hes been doing well when coming here this term with a 41.7% strike rate and a profit of +10.25. Shouldnt be far away when it matters. The other one i like is IRIS DANCER , who was eight of nine to Slainte Mhath on her penultimate run and then followed that up last time with an equally poor effort when only managing fifth of six , but shes better than that and hopefully she can be seen in a better light here this evening , has a decent record here at Hamilton with three wins and six places from thirteen runs (those three wins all over CD as well as three of the places) , trainer sends just this one here from Cumbria and he has an 18.9% strike rate here overall , whilst Andrew Mullen gets the steering job and he has two wins and three places from his nine rides on the horse to date , been amongst the winners with an 18% strike rate in the last three weeks and he has a 14.6% strike rate here this season. Capable on her day.

8.00 Hamilton - Forza Orta 11/4 (365,Hills,SkyBet,BFred) :hissyfit 2nd
FORZA ORTA catches my eye in this one , has been running in class twos the last twice so this drop in grade , to a class four , can only help his chances here this evening i feel as this is definatley easier than some of the handicaps hes ran in earlier in the season. He also runs off his last winning mark , another tick in the right box as far as im concerned. One from one over CD , and is two from three here at Hamilton , going looks okay to me as well , as does the draw. Kevin Ryans only runner on the card , and he does well here at Hamilton overall with a 24.3% strike rate along with a profit of +32.25 , and this season hes been just as successful with a strike rate of 29.4% and a profit of +33.25. Billy Garrity in the plate and hes been riding well lately with a 19.2% strike rate over the past month , and like the trainer he does well when coming here with an 11.8% strike rate overall and a tidy profit of +62.33. First time up on the horse but hes a good enough jockey for me not to worry about that. Should definatley be in the thick of things.

August Totals

Euchen Glen 25/1 Lost (3rd)
Tides Of War 33/1 Non Runner
Spanish Star 22/1 Lost
Slainte Mhath 11/4 Lost (2nd)
Iris Dancer 7/1 Lost
Forza Orta 11/4 Lost (2nd)

Bets 5 .. Won ... EP -5.00 / SP -5.00

Sunday 6th August

3.20 Market Rasen - The Wrekin 6/1 (365) - Croagh Patrick 10/3 (Hills)
Couple in this one caught my eye , first one is the ultra consistent CROAGH PATRICK whose been second in his last three races , latest when a length and three quarter second to Jelski at Cartmel a couple of weeks ago , to be honest he's been running well all season , being there or thereabouts since returning from a break back in October 2022 , hasnt managed to get his in front as yet but thats not for the want of trying ! Ten seconds and thirds from his fourteen runs , he was beaten a neck by the re opposing Cillurid in his penultimate race but i think he can turn the form around with that one today. Placed on his only start here at Market Rasen , ground shouldnt be an issue as he's run well on soft and heavy. Trainer Sam England has a 13.3% strike rate here overall whilst jockey David England comes here for just this ride , for whats his first ride on the horse , should go close. The other one i like is THE WREKIN whose been a bit hit and miss overall if im being honest but ran a sound last time when second to Herewegohoney , missed the whole of 2022 and whilst not running consistently has shown glimmers of decent form so hopefully can give it a good go here this afternoon. Placed on sole run over CD , last run , and like the other selection shouldnt mind what the weather throws at him. Henry Daly has just this one running for him here today and he does well when sending his runners to Market Rasen , over the last five years they've notched up a healthy 24.1% strike rate , Alice Stevens in the plate and she claims a useful 7lb , and has ridden the horse a couple of times to date resulting in a third place. If on song could make his presence felt i think.

6.45 Haydock - Nathanael Greene 5/1 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,BFred,Lads)
A handful come into this looking as though they could play a part in the finish but i like the look of NATHANAEL GREENE who comes into this on the back of some decent efforts in stronger , higher grade races. Hasnt won over todays distance but has run well over it before , notably when fourth in the Northumberland Plate at the start of July , and followed that up last time out with a sound enough seventh in a good race at Newbury. Won on his only start here at Haydock , back in July of last year over 1m6f. Shouldnt mind the ground conditions and i think he can play a part in the finish here this evening. Interesting that Willie Haggis adds a tongue tie to the usual Cheek Pieces for the first time , hopefully that will do its job and he can get his head in front. Trainer sends just this one to the course tonight , and hes been in good form lately with a 26% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 23.9% strike rate overall. Tom Marquand in the plate and he too has been in decent form with a 16% strike rate in the last 21 days , and when coming here this term he has a 16.7% strike rate , when the pair have teamed up over the last three weeks they come away with a 26% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away come the business end of things.

Back