• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

The Cheltenham Festival 2016

Thursday's entries - JLT Novice chase

upload_2016-2-25_20-47-2.png

It occurred to me too late that, if you're going to post a table relating to individual bookie odds, it would be a brilliant idea to put the name of the bookie at the top:ohwell. I hope I'm going to have more luck in March than I've had with this thread.

If it helps, here 's the top of the box

upload_2016-2-25_21-22-35.png

Odds courtesy of Oddschecker.com

Is there actually any real benefit in backing horses this early (or earlier) for Cheltenham? I'm not saying there isn't, it's just that so many factors can change right up until the day of the race which I feel would outweigh the potentially slightly better odds you'd get backing early.

I learnt my lesson a few years back, i was convinced this Mullins mule would win. BISHOPSFURZE! i Kept taking the 20/1.
It was pulled out 5 days before the festival. £140 down the shitter.

I also back ante post as i like to think I'm getting a bit of extra 'value' and do appreciate the losses. Had Faugheen as the last leg of a treble at 5/4 which was going to return about a ton (2 football teams had already won) so yhat has went tits up.

Will post up later my rest if bets so far but I do fancy Blaklion in the RSA

Update chaps. It looks like bet365 are going non runner money back on all the races now and Sky seem to be doing most, if not all.

Despite GIBRALFARO's defeat last weekend i still think he's in with a good chance for the Triumph Hurdle. Paddy power are stand out @ 25/1, others are 16/1 best.

Rated 151 before the race, running on ground that although was described as good to soft, was as close to good as you could get, has taken the focus off him. Getting beat at evens makes him now look like a bit of a no hoper. Giving a good lump of weight away that day, he'd like it a bit softer at Cheltenham judging by his previous two races, and looking at predicted weather forecasts there's every chance he'll get it. He'll certainly finish a lot closer to Zubayr in preferred conditions and if the going is soft i'll shout him up as my Festival Longshot.

I'm also shouting up THE NEW ONE as my festival banker!

Back