• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Trying Something Out ..

Wednesday 11th October

8.00 Kempton - Dark Side Thunder 5/1 (Hills,Coral.SkyBet,Lads) - Golden Duke 7/1 (365.Hills,Coral,Lads)
Like the look of a couple in this one , no great shock there then ! , first one is DARK SIDE THUNDER whose been in good form this year , was a solid second last time beaten 3/4 length by How Impressive at York in a class 4 , that was after a 103 day break so im hoping that he strips fitter for that initial outing. Back down to a class 5 today , which hopefully will help his chances , i noticed that he won his last two starts on the all weather , here and at Southwell , and when he runs here at Kempton over CD hes two from two so obviously has a liking for it round here. Draw looks okay , and he gets in from the same mark as his last race , hasnt won from a mark that high but as his last race showed i dont think its much of an impediment. Jessica Macey has just this one representing her here tonight and shes been in fine form of late with a 33% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 21% strike rate at the course overall. Horse is usually ridden by Lewis Edmunds (rides Starproof) but today Oliver Stammers gets the leg up for the first time. Has an 18% strike rate over the last two weeks , and has an 11% strike rate at the track overall. GOLDEN DUKE is my other selection , arrives here on the back of a short head second to Bellagio Man at Newcastle , and if repeating that run here this evening i think he can go close. One from one over CD. Ticks in the right boxes although hasnt won from this mark before but has run well off it in the past so not too concerned. Only has three races on the all weather so far , and hes won once (CD) and placed at Newcastle last time , fairly unexposed on the AW so possible there could be more to come , especially at a course hes won at on his only start. Nigel Tinkler sends just this one to the meeting , making him the longest traveller of the meeting and though he hasnt been firing he has had a couple of winners in the past week so he might have turned a corner. Faye McManoman rides the horse for the 18th time , and to date shes won twice and placed six times. She too is here for just this one.

4.22 Nottingham - Roman Dynasty 9/1 (Hills) - In The Trenches 15/2 (365)
Another race and another couple of selections , ROMAN DYNASTY is the first of them , has been in great form since his comeback race back in May , not being out of the first three home in his seven races - 2,1,2,2,3,2,2 and i honestly cant see why he cant continue in form here. Runs off the same mark as his previous race and though he hasnt won from a mark this high hes gone close , one from one over todays CD , draw looks okay to me and i can see him going close here. Joseph Parr has just this representing him here this afternoon , has a 21.4% strike rate in the last month and is doing well here this season to date with a 40% strike rate and a profit of +£8.50. Jockey David Probert in the saddle and he has a 14% strike rate in the past three weeks.The other one i like the look of is IN THE TRENCHES who had his first run after 105 days off last time out when fifth , hopefully hes got that first run out of the way better can be expected here this afternoon. Was second on his previous run before the break and if he can turn up in that form that would see him hold a serious chance here i think. This is only his third run in a handicap so room for improvement and hes in good hands for that imho. Placed on only start here (CD) and though he would have improve to win this i honestly think thats entirely feasible. KP De Foy tuns just this one here and hes a trainer i take notice off tbh , not been in the best of form but did have a winner from his sole runner yesterday. First time in the saddle for Benoit De Sayette whose a jockey i rate , 13% strike rate over the last three weeks and when coming here to Nottingham he has a 21% strike rate overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wednesday 11th October

8.00 Kempton - Dark Side Thunder 5/1 (Hills,Coral.SkyBet,Lads) :hissyfit 3rd - Golden Duke 7/1 (365.Hills,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit
Like the look of a couple in this one , no great shock there then ! , first one is DARK SIDE THUNDER whose been in good form this year , was a solid second last time beaten 3/4 length by How Impressive at York in a class 4 , that was after a 103 day break so im hoping that he strips fitter for that initial outing. Back down to a class 5 today , which hopefully will help his chances , i noticed that he won his last two starts on the all weather , here and at Southwell , and when he runs here at Kempton over CD hes two from two so obviously has a liking for it round here. Draw looks okay , and he gets in from the same mark as his last race , hasnt won from a mark that high but as his last race showed i dont think its much of an impediment. Jessica Macey has just this one representing her here tonight and shes been in fine form of late with a 33% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has a 21% strike rate at the course overall. Horse is usually ridden by Lewis Edmunds (rides Starproof) but today Oliver Stammers gets the leg up for the first time. Has an 18% strike rate over the last two weeks , and has an 11% strike rate at the track overall. GOLDEN DUKE is my other selection , arrives here on the back of a short head second to Bellagio Man at Newcastle , and if repeating that run here this evening i think he can go close. One from one over CD. Ticks in the right boxes although hasnt won from this mark before but has run well off it in the past so not too concerned. Only has three races on the all weather so far , and hes won once (CD) and placed at Newcastle last time , fairly unexposed on the AW so possible there could be more to come , especially at a course hes won at on his only start. Nigel Tinkler sends just this one to the meeting , making him the longest traveller of the meeting and though he hasnt been firing he has had a couple of winners in the past week so he might have turned a corner. Faye McManoman rides the horse for the 18th time , and to date shes won twice and placed six times. She too is here for just this one.

4.22 Nottingham - Roman Dynasty 9/1 (Hills) Non Runner - In The Trenches 15/2 (365) :hissyfit 2nd
Another race and another couple of selections , ROMAN DYNASTY is the first of them , has been in great form since his comeback race back in May , not being out of the first three home in his seven races - 2,1,2,2,3,2,2 and i honestly cant see why he cant continue in form here. Runs off the same mark as his previous race and though he hasnt won from a mark this high hes gone close , one from one over todays CD , draw looks okay to me and i can see him going close here. Joseph Parr has just this representing him here this afternoon , has a 21.4% strike rate in the last month and is doing well here this season to date with a 40% strike rate and a profit of +£8.50. Jockey David Probert in the saddle and he has a 14% strike rate in the past three weeks.The other one i like the look of is IN THE TRENCHES who had his first run after 105 days off last time out when fifth , hopefully hes got that first run out of the way better can be expected here this afternoon. Was second on his previous run before the break and if he can turn up in that form that would see him hold a serious chance here i think. This is only his third run in a handicap so room for improvement and hes in good hands for that imho. Placed on only start here (CD) and though he would have improve to win this i honestly think thats entirely feasible. KP De Foy tuns just this one here and hes a trainer i take notice off tbh , not been in the best of form but did have a winner from his sole runner yesterday. First time in the saddle for Benoit De Sayette whose a jockey i rate , 13% strike rate over the last three weeks and when coming here to Nottingham he has a 21% strike rate overall.

October Running Total

Dragonball Prince 11/4 Non Runner
Verona Star 8/1 Lost
Pop Favorite 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/2

Girl From Italy 3/1 Lost
Delagate This Lord 11/2 Lost
Roundabout Silver 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Eye Of The Water 16/1 Lost
The Navigator 16/1 Lost (3rd)
Sea Of Charm 11/2 Lost
Hashtagmetoo 10/1
thumbup.gif
1st 6/1 (10p Rule 4 on EP)

Speed Dial Baileys 9/2 Lost (3rd)
Birkenhead 11/1 Lost
Abduction 17/2 Lost
Theme Park 5/1 Lost
Behind The Scenes 5/1 Lost (2nd)
Magicinthemaking 14/1 Lost (2nd)
Suanni 11/2 Lost
Rhubarb 18/1
thumbup.gif
1st 14/1

Aramis Grey 22/1 Lost (2nd)
So Sleepy 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Cymro Cymraeg 9/1 Lost (2nd)
Lethal Nymph 10/1 Lost
Redemption Time 10/1 Non Runner
Tajawal 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Conquistador 10/1 Lost
Madame Ambassador 22/1 :thumb 1st 10/1 (15p Rule 4 on EP)
Lady Alara 11/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 15/2 Lost
Badri 14/1 :thumb 1st 17/2
Pessoa 25/1 Non Runner
Min Till 13/2 Lost
Ambassador 7/1 Non Runner
Luna Dora 12/1 Lost (2nd)
Rock On Tommy 9/2 Lost
Tellus 7/1 Lost
Derwent Boy 11/2 Lost
Major Gatsby 7/2 :thumb 1st 5/2
Crystal Dawn 4/1 Lost
Study The Stars 7/1 Lost
Porterinthejungle 14/1 Lost
Chess Player 9/4 Lost
Habanero Star 4/1 Lost (3rd)
Silver Bubble 6/1 Lost
Lord Torranaga 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Spring Glow 6/1 Lost
Dark Side Thunder 5/1 Lost (3rd)
Golden Duke 7/1 Lost
Roman Dynasty 9/1 Non Runner
In The Trenches 15/2 Lost (2nd)

Bets 41 .. Won 6 .. EP +33.20 / SP +9.50

Sunday 15th October

3.00 Goodwood - Monsieur Kodi 4/1 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads) - Spanish Star 13/2 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads)
Couple catch my eye in this although in all honesty a few look as though they could take a hand in the finish. First one is the hat trick seeker SPANISH STAR whose looking to take this race for the third year in a row , and i think theres a fair chance he could accomplish that. Werent at his best when last seen at Newbury although that could of been down to the heavy ground , todays soft (according to the RP) should be more to his liking and im hoping that a better showing will be on the cards especially given his liking for this race , and for the CD. Has won five times from nine runs over this afternoons CD , and at the course overall he has had twelve runs with the result being five wins and two places. Has won on the ground (last two runnings of this race were on soft and then good to soft) , and in the class and the draw doesnt look too bad to me. Hasnt won from a mark this high but has won from 90 and run well off higher so not too concerned about that when i take everything in consideration. Patrick Charmings has just the selection here today and he has a 19.2% strike rate when coming here over the past five years , jockey David Probert in the saddle and hes ridden the horse 18 times resulting in three wins (one of those the horses first win in this race) and six places. Has a 16% strike rate in the last fortnight , and won for the trainer on his last ride for him. MONSIEUR KODI is my other selection , won over CD (one from one here) back in August beating Capotes Dream who then won next time out , run reasonably well in his three runs since but i have a feeling a better effort can be expected today. Should relish the ground as hes won two on soft and one on the good - soft this year , has never won a class 3 race but has run well and won in class 2's so shouldnt be an issue really. 1lb better off than in his last three races , and though he hasnt won off this mark he ran well enough from that higher one (on those last three runs) so im thinking that shouldnt be a problem. Richard Fahey sends just this one to the meeting and its a fair old haul from his yard , and has a 14% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst Oison Orr gets the ride on his sole start of the day , has an 11% strike rate in the last two weeks and has a 25% strike rate here at Goodwood. Has ridden the horse ten times to date winning four of them and placing in one.

Sunday 15th October

3.00 Goodwood - Monsieur Kodi 4/1 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit 2nd - Spanish Star 13/2 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads) :hissyfit
Couple catch my eye in this although in all honesty a few look as though they could take a hand in the finish. First one is the hat trick seeker SPANISH STAR whose looking to take this race for the third year in a row , and i think theres a fair chance he could accomplish that. Werent at his best when last seen at Newbury although that could of been down to the heavy ground , todays soft (according to the RP) should be more to his liking and im hoping that a better showing will be on the cards especially given his liking for this race , and for the CD. Has won five times from nine runs over this afternoons CD , and at the course overall he has had twelve runs with the result being five wins and two places. Has won on the ground (last two runnings of this race were on soft and then good to soft) , and in the class and the draw doesnt look too bad to me. Hasnt won from a mark this high but has won from 90 and run well off higher so not too concerned about that when i take everything in consideration. Patrick Charmings has just the selection here today and he has a 19.2% strike rate when coming here over the past five years , jockey David Probert in the saddle and hes ridden the horse 18 times resulting in three wins (one of those the horses first win in this race) and six places. Has a 16% strike rate in the last fortnight , and won for the trainer on his last ride for him. MONSIEUR KODI is my other selection , won over CD (one from one here) back in August beating Capotes Dream who then won next time out , run reasonably well in his three runs since but i have a feeling a better effort can be expected today. Should relish the ground as hes won two on soft and one on the good - soft this year , has never won a class 3 race but has run well and won in class 2's so shouldnt be an issue really. 1lb better off than in his last three races , and though he hasnt won off this mark he ran well enough from that higher one (on those last three runs) so im thinking that shouldnt be a problem. Richard Fahey sends just this one to the meeting and its a fair old haul from his yard , and has a 14% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst Oison Orr gets the ride on his sole start of the day , has an 11% strike rate in the last two weeks and has a 25% strike rate here at Goodwood. Has ridden the horse ten times to date winning four of them and placing in one.

October Running Total

Verona Star 8/1 Lost
Pop Favorite 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/2

Girl From Italy 3/1 Lost
Sea Of Charm 11/2 Lost
Hashtagmetoo 10/1
thumbup.gif

Birkenhead 11/1 Lost
Abduction 17/2 Lost
Theme Park 5/1 Lost
Suanni 11/2 Lost
Rhubarb 18/1
thumbup.gif
1st 14/1

So Sleepy 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Lethal Nymph 10/1 Lost
Tajawal 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Conquistador 10/1 Lost
Lady Alara 11/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 15/2 Lost
Pessoa 25/1 Non Runner
Min Till 13/2 Lost
Rock On Tommy 9/2 Lost
Tellus 7/1 Lost
Derwent Boy 11/2 Lost
Crystal Dawn 4/1 Lost
Study The Stars 7/1 Lost
Chess Player 9/4 Lost
Silver Bubble 6/1 Lost
Spring Glow 6/1 Lost
Golden Duke 7/1 Lost
Monsieur Kodi 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Spanish Star 13/2 Lost

Bets 43 .. Won 6 .. EP +31.20 / SP +7.50

Tad unlucky with Monsieur Kodi today , going down by a head , see what tomorrow brings

Tuesday 17th October

5.35 Huntingdon - Mister Malachy 9/1 (Coral)
MISTER MALACHY catches my eye in this class 4 handicap chase , on the face of it others look to hold better chances but it caught my eye that hes only course winner in the race , winning over 2 miles back in June of last year and this will be his first run after having wind surgery. Was third last time (beaten 33 lengths) at the end of August at Uttoxeter , that run came after a 67 day break so not a bad effort . Before that was last of five after 252 days off , so probably something was amiss and the trainers hopefully got it sorted now. Has won two of his six chase runs and came third in a further two and has won off higher than todays mark. Distance , class , going and current mark all gets the proverbial tick in the right box , and i think if hes fit and well he can do himself justice at a decent price. It didnt go un noticed that trainer Donald McCain sends just this one to Huntingdon from his Cheshire base , and whilst he hasnt been in the best of form lately i think its worth noting that hes sent just this one out today , hes has 17 runners here over the last couple of years with five winning and a further nine placing so definatley worth taking note of anything he sends here i think. Its also interesting that top jock Brian Hughes is here for this sole ride as well , has won twice on the horse to date from eleven rides , and has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks , and when coming here over the last five years he has a 12.1% strike rate. At the current price i think the selections worth a go.

Tuesday 17th October

5.35 Huntingdon - Mister Malachy 9/1 (Coral) :hissyfit
MISTER MALACHY catches my eye in this class 4 handicap chase , on the face of it others look to hold better chances but it caught my eye that hes only course winner in the race , winning over 2 miles back in June of last year and this will be his first run after having wind surgery. Was third last time (beaten 33 lengths) at the end of August at Uttoxeter , that run came after a 67 day break so not a bad effort . Before that was last of five after 252 days off , so probably something was amiss and the trainers hopefully got it sorted now. Has won two of his six chase runs and came third in a further two and has won off higher than todays mark. Distance , class , going and current mark all gets the proverbial tick in the right box , and i think if hes fit and well he can do himself justice at a decent price. It didnt go un noticed that trainer Donald McCain sends just this one to Huntingdon from his Cheshire base , and whilst he hasnt been in the best of form lately i think its worth noting that hes sent just this one out today , hes has 17 runners here over the last couple of years with five winning and a further nine placing so definatley worth taking note of anything he sends here i think. Its also interesting that top jock Brian Hughes is here for this sole ride as well , has won twice on the horse to date from eleven rides , and has an 11% strike rate over the last three weeks , and when coming here over the last five years he has a 12.1% strike rate. At the current price i think the selections worth a go.

October Running Total

Verona Star 8/1 Lost
Pop Favorite 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/2

Girl From Italy 3/1 Lost
Sea Of Charm 11/2 Lost
Hashtagmetoo 10/1
thumbup.gif

Birkenhead 11/1 Lost
Abduction 17/2 Lost
Theme Park 5/1 Lost
Suanni 11/2 Lost
Rhubarb 18/1
thumbup.gif
1st 14/1

So Sleepy 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Lethal Nymph 10/1 Lost
Tajawal 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Conquistador 10/1 Lost
Lady Alara 11/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 15/2 Lost
Pessoa 25/1 Non Runner
Min Till 13/2 Lost
Rock On Tommy 9/2 Lost
Tellus 7/1 Lost
Derwent Boy 11/2 Lost
Crystal Dawn 4/1 Lost
Study The Stars 7/1 Lost
Chess Player 9/4 Lost
Silver Bubble 6/1 Lost
Spring Glow 6/1 Lost
Golden Duke 7/1 Lost
Spanish Star 13/2 Lost
Mister Malarkey 9/1 Lost

Bets 44 .. Won 6 .. EP +30.20 / SP +6.50

Wednesday 18th October

5.45 Bath - Tin Fandango 14/1 (365) - Tigerten 11/1 (Lads)
Two decently priced ones catch my eye in this one , first up is TIN FANDANGO who had been holding his from well until a poor effort last time , can forgive him that run and im hoping that better can be expected here this evening. Before that run had come second a couple of times (one of them against the re opposing Zillion who beat the selection by a neck , but im hopeful of a turn around here). Placed on only start over todays CD back in October of 2020 when second to Quel Destin. The ground shouldnt prove problematic as has won / gone well on varying types including soft and heavy. Draw looks okay , won in the class and has won off this mark in the past. The only drawback i can find is that though he usually runs his race he doesnt seem to win too often but at the price im willing to give him a go. Mark Usher been amongst the winners and placers in the last three weeks , and jockey Oliver Searle gets the leg up on the horse for the first time , comes here for just this one ride , has a 14% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 20% strike rate overall at the course. My other selection is TIGERTEN , who hasnt been at his best since going to Kevin Frosts' yard back in June , has been running over 1m4f for the most part under his new trainer but the best effort imo came when he ran over 2 miles when fourth. And looking through his record to date i think 1m6f + is when he seems to run at his best so todays 2m1f should hopefully see him in a better light. The one plus that comes from his recent outings is that his mark has come tumbling down as a result and todays mark is the lowest hes run off since August 2020 , and as he has won and gone well from higher marks im thinking this should give him a major chance here today. Placed on only start here (CD) , ticks in all the right boxes as regards draw , ground and class. Trainer has just this one here today , and he has a 19% strike rate over the last twenty one days , and it caught my eye that hes got the bang in form Rossa Ryan booked for the ride , first time up for the trainer but he has ridden the horse four times before (when with Ian Williams) resulting in two wins and a place , and the last time he rode the horse he won , which could be an omen (im hoping!). Has a 26% strike rate in the last fortnight , and when coming here this season he has a 33.3% strike rate.

4.20 Kempton - Skallywag Bay 7/1 (Hills,Coral,BetFred,Lads) - Tyger Bay 6/1 (365,Hills,Coral,BetFred,Lads)
Another race where im going in double handed , joint top weight SKALLYWAG BAY is the first one of those , ran a stinker when 9th at Chester last time out beut beforehand had been holding her form well , since June her figures read - 2,1,2,3,2,2,9 so shes better than that last time out run and at the price on offer im willing to give her a chance here. Won on her only start here , over CD , making her 1/1 and shes two from two when running on the all weather. Hasnt won off this mark before has been running well from above it and has dropped a couple of lbs from her last three races where , aside from last time shes acquitted herself well so i can see her being bang there. Trainer Richard Hannon has a 15.9% strike rate when sending them here this term , whilst Alec Voikhansky is here for just this one ride. Placed on only start on the horse to date and he has a 17.4% strike rate when coming to Kempton to ride this season. TYGER BAY is my other choice , hasnt been in the best of form since coming back from a break three runs ago it has to be said but his form here at Kempton tells me you ignore him at your peril. Four wins and five places from nineteen runs over this afternoons CD , and he usually runs okay here more often than not so theres definatley a chance of an improved showing here me thinks. Runs off 72 today and has won off as high as 79 so that should hopefully give him a shout , class and draw are both okay to my eyes. Conrad Allen has just this one here today and he has a 14% strike rate overall at the course. Joe Leavy in the plate for the first time and he claims a handy 5lb.

7.30 Kempton - Wizarding 7/2 (365)
WIZARDING stands out to me in this one , comes into this 2lb below his last winning mark and comes into this in decent form , was a good second to Green Power last time (runs in the 6.00 here today) , making his record over CD - 1,2,3 .. Trainer Heather Main sends just this one to the meeting tonight , and she has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst she has an 11% strike rate at the course overall. Oisin Murphy rode him last time out and hes back in the saddle again which did catch my eye i have to admit , has an 18% strike rate in the past three weeks , and has an enviable 24.3% strike rate here this season. Should be in the thick of things.

8.30 Kempton - Timewave 10/1 (365) - Largo Bay 11/1 (365)
And a couple in the lucky last , firstly TIMEWAVE who was a below par seventh when last seen at Southwell , definatley capable of better than that showing so im hoping for an improved performance here tonight , one from one over CD , and everything has the required ticks in the right boxes and has won off higher than todays mark so im hoping that he can put that lto run behind him and go close here. Trainer Charlie Johnston done us a favour at the start of the month with the 22/1 winner Madame Ambassador so im hoping that he can repeat that feat today with the equally nice priced selection. Has been in decent form lately with a 15% strike rate over the last three weeks , and when bringing his runners here this term he has a 15.5% strike rate , jockey Oliver Stammers in the hot seat and hes ridden the horse three times to date with a place being the end result. Has a 33% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 28% strike rate. My other fancy for the race is LARGO BAY who admittedly has been a bit hit and miss this year , more miss than hit to be honest , but usually tends to run a decent race round here so im hoping for a good run. One win and three places from his seven outings here over tonights CD , - 4,3,1,3,3,8,9, so there or thereabouts more often than not and at the price i think hes worth a chance to go close. Runs off 54 tonight whilst his last winning mark was 67 , so to me that says he should stand a good chance if on song. Michael Madgewick has just this one here , whilst George Rooke onboard and hes won five times and placed a further times from his 21 rides.

Wednesday 18th October

5.45 Bath - Tin Fandango 14/1 (365) :hissyfit- Tigerten 11/1 (Lads) :hissyfit
Two decently priced ones catch my eye in this one , first up is TIN FANDANGO who had been holding his from well until a poor effort last time , can forgive him that run and im hoping that better can be expected here this evening. Before that run had come second a couple of times (one of them against the re opposing Zillion who beat the selection by a neck , but im hopeful of a turn around here). Placed on only start over todays CD back in October of 2020 when second to Quel Destin. The ground shouldnt prove problematic as has won / gone well on varying types including soft and heavy. Draw looks okay , won in the class and has won off this mark in the past. The only drawback i can find is that though he usually runs his race he doesnt seem to win too often but at the price im willing to give him a go. Mark Usher been amongst the winners and placers in the last three weeks , and jockey Oliver Searle gets the leg up on the horse for the first time , comes here for just this one ride , has a 14% strike rate in the last three weeks , and has a 20% strike rate overall at the course. My other selection is TIGERTEN , who hasnt been at his best since going to Kevin Frosts' yard back in June , has been running over 1m4f for the most part under his new trainer but the best effort imo came when he ran over 2 miles when fourth. And looking through his record to date i think 1m6f + is when he seems to run at his best so todays 2m1f should hopefully see him in a better light. The one plus that comes from his recent outings is that his mark has come tumbling down as a result and todays mark is the lowest hes run off since August 2020 , and as he has won and gone well from higher marks im thinking this should give him a major chance here today. Placed on only start here (CD) , ticks in all the right boxes as regards draw , ground and class. Trainer has just this one here today , and he has a 19% strike rate over the last twenty one days , and it caught my eye that hes got the bang in form Rossa Ryan booked for the ride , first time up for the trainer but he has ridden the horse four times before (when with Ian Williams) resulting in two wins and a place , and the last time he rode the horse he won , which could be an omen (im hoping!). Has a 26% strike rate in the last fortnight , and when coming here this season he has a 33.3% strike rate.

4.20 Kempton - Skallywag Bay 7/1 (Hills,Coral,BetFred,Lads) :hissyfit - Tyger Bay 6/1 (365,Hills,Coral,BetFred,Lads) :hissyfit 3rd
Another race where im going in double handed , joint top weight SKALLYWAG BAY is the first one of those , ran a stinker when 9th at Chester last time out beut beforehand had been holding her form well , since June her figures read - 2,1,2,3,2,2,9 so shes better than that last time out run and at the price on offer im willing to give her a chance here. Won on her only start here , over CD , making her 1/1 and shes two from two when running on the all weather. Hasnt won off this mark before has been running well from above it and has dropped a couple of lbs from her last three races where , aside from last time shes acquitted herself well so i can see her being bang there. Trainer Richard Hannon has a 15.9% strike rate when sending them here this term , whilst Alec Voikhansky is here for just this one ride. Placed on only start on the horse to date and he has a 17.4% strike rate when coming to Kempton to ride this season. TYGER BAY is my other choice , hasnt been in the best of form since coming back from a break three runs ago it has to be said but his form here at Kempton tells me you ignore him at your peril. Four wins and five places from nineteen runs over this afternoons CD , and he usually runs okay here more often than not so theres definatley a chance of an improved showing here me thinks. Runs off 72 today and has won off as high as 79 so that should hopefully give him a shout , class and draw are both okay to my eyes. Conrad Allen has just this one here today and he has a 14% strike rate overall at the course. Joe Leavy in the plate for the first time and he claims a handy 5lb.

7.30 Kempton - Wizarding 7/2 (365) :hissyfit
WIZARDING stands out to me in this one , comes into this 2lb below his last winning mark and comes into this in decent form , was a good second to Green Power last time (runs in the 6.00 here today) , making his record over CD - 1,2,3 .. Trainer Heather Main sends just this one to the meeting tonight , and she has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst she has an 11% strike rate at the course overall. Oisin Murphy rode him last time out and hes back in the saddle again which did catch my eye i have to admit , has an 18% strike rate in the past three weeks , and has an enviable 24.3% strike rate here this season. Should be in the thick of things.

8.30 Kempton - Timewave 10/1 (365) :thumb 1st 5/1 (10p Rule 4 on EP) - Largo Bay 11/1 (365) :hissyfit 3rd
And a couple in the lucky last , firstly TIMEWAVE who was a below par seventh when last seen at Southwell , definatley capable of better than that showing so im hoping for an improved performance here tonight , one from one over CD , and everything has the required ticks in the right boxes and has won off higher than todays mark so im hoping that he can put that lto run behind him and go close here. Trainer Charlie Johnston done us a favour at the start of the month with the 22/1 winner Madame Ambassador so im hoping that he can repeat that feat today with the equally nice priced selection. Has been in decent form lately with a 15% strike rate over the last three weeks , and when bringing his runners here this term he has a 15.5% strike rate , jockey Oliver Stammers in the hot seat and hes ridden the horse three times to date with a place being the end result. Has a 33% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 28% strike rate. My other fancy for the race is LARGO BAY who admittedly has been a bit hit and miss this year , more miss than hit to be honest , but usually tends to run a decent race round here so im hoping for a good run. One win and three places from his seven outings here over tonights CD , - 4,3,1,3,3,8,9, so there or thereabouts more often than not and at the price i think hes worth a chance to go close. Runs off 54 tonight whilst his last winning mark was 67 , so to me that says he should stand a good chance if on song. Michael Madgewick has just this one here , whilst George Rooke onboard and hes won five times and placed a further times from his 21 rides.

October Running Total

Verona Star 8/1 Lost
Pop Favorite 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/2

Girl From Italy 3/1 Lost
Sea Of Charm 11/2 Lost
Hashtagmetoo 10/1
thumbup.gif

Birkenhead 11/1 Lost
Abduction 17/2 Lost
Theme Park 5/1 Lost
Suanni 11/2 Lost
Rhubarb 18/1
thumbup.gif
1st 14/1

So Sleepy 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Lethal Nymph 10/1 Lost
Tajawal 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Conquistador 10/1 Lost
Lady Alara 11/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 15/2 Lost
Pessoa 25/1 Non Runner
Min Till 13/2 Lost
Rock On Tommy 9/2 Lost
Tellus 7/1 Lost
Derwent Boy 11/2 Lost
Crystal Dawn 4/1 Lost
Study The Stars 7/1 Lost
Chess Player 9/4 Lost
Silver Bubble 6/1 Lost
Spring Glow 6/1 Lost
Golden Duke 7/1 Lost
Spanish Star 13/2 Lost
Mister Malarkey 9/1 Lost
Tin Fandango 14/1 Lost
Tigerten 11/1 Lost
Skallywag Bay 7/1 Lost
Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost (3rd)
Wizarding 7/2 Lost
Timewave 10/1 :thumb 1st 5/1 (10p Rule 4 on EP)
Largo Bay 11/1 Lost

Bets 51 .. Won 7 .. EP +33.20 / SP +5.50

Thursday 19th October

6.00 Chelmsford - Riot 11/4 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads) - Get Stuck In 8/1 (365)
And another one where im hedging me bets with a couple in the race , RIOT looks as though he could go well here , was a length third to Cloud Cover over CD last weekend , and id in the same sort of form this evening that would see him go close. Rarely runs a bad race here , a win and two places from his four runs over CD , is now 1lb lower than his last win , has tongue strap and cheekpieces re applied today so im expecting a decent run. Class and draw are both okay. David O'Meara has just this one here tonight , which could point to a positive result , and he has a 27.8% strike rate when sending his runners here this season along with a profit of +£25.00. Jockey Hector Crouch takes the reigns for the first time and he has a 15% strike rate in the last three weeks , and a 28.6% strike rate when coming here this season and a profit of +£6.24 to boot. Shouldnt be far away. GET STUCK IN is my other selection and though his form seems to have gone for a burton since his course (7f) win back in August i think at the price hes worth a cheeky punt and coming back here where hes one from one could spark a return to decent form. Trainer tries a visor for the first time so im hoping that can work the oracle as well. Charlie Johnston sends just this one on the long shlepp to Chelmsford making him the longest traveller of the meeting , and hes been in decent form of late with a 15.9% strike rate over the last month , and hes having a good season here thus far with a 25.7% strike rate and a profit of +£11.83. Jockey Joe Fanning also here for just the one ride , first time on the horse tonight , and he has a 19% strike rate in the last twenty one days. Stuck out that both trainer and jockey are here for just this one.

1.35 Brighton - Notre Maison 6/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads,BetFred) - Heers Sadie 9/1 (Hills,BetFred)
I like the look of a couple in this , NOTRE MAISON is the first one , comes into this in fine form , having not been out of the first three in her last six races - 1,1,3,2,2,2 . last three races have seen her hit the crossbar and i think she deserves a change of luck and i think that could come here today. Five of those last six races have come here at Brighton so definatley has a liking for it round here , either that or enjoys the sea air ! , hasnt won at todays distance but i think its just a matter of time before she gains her first victory. On the same mark as her last race and though she hasnt won from a mark this high i think its doable for her given her recent form. Stuart Kittow sends two runners to the meeting and both run in this race , other one being Gherkin who also holds good chances imo , has a 19% strike rate over the last three weeks. Callum Shepherd onboard and hes ridden the horse six times to date resulting in three places , has a 16% strike rate in the past fortnight and when coming here this season he has a 12.5% strike rate. Should be in the firing line. HEERS SADIE is the other one i like the chances of , like the other selection , comes into this in good form , since coming back from a break in June her figures read - 1,1,2,7,3,2 and though they have been over 7f (except the 7th which was over a mile) , i think she can go close here as has won over the trip before and if handling the drop in trip she'll be a danger to all imo. Usually runs a sound race here at Brighton with two wins and two places from her seven outings at the course. Has won off a higher mark than todays which is another positive in my book. Julie Fielden has just this one at the meeting today and though shes had a few runners without a win im not to worried as shes a trainer i rate and when coming here this term she has a 14.3% strike rate along with a very small profit, Jockey Adrian Keeley takes off a handy 3lb , has ridden the horse the last seven times with the end result being two wins and two places. Done well when coning here this season with a 17.2% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away.

Thursday 19th October

6.00 Chelmsford - Riot 11/4 (Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads) :hissyfit 1nd - Get Stuck In 8/1 (365) :hissyfit
And another one where im hedging me bets with a couple in the race , RIOT looks as though he could go well here , was a length third to Cloud Cover over CD last weekend , and id in the same sort of form this evening that would see him go close. Rarely runs a bad race here , a win and two places from his four runs over CD , is now 1lb lower than his last win , has tongue strap and cheekpieces re applied today so im expecting a decent run. Class and draw are both okay. David O'Meara has just this one here tonight , which could point to a positive result , and he has a 27.8% strike rate when sending his runners here this season along with a profit of +£25.00. Jockey Hector Crouch takes the reigns for the first time and he has a 15% strike rate in the last three weeks , and a 28.6% strike rate when coming here this season and a profit of +£6.24 to boot. Shouldnt be far away. GET STUCK IN is my other selection and though his form seems to have gone for a burton since his course (7f) win back in August i think at the price hes worth a cheeky punt and coming back here where hes one from one could spark a return to decent form. Trainer tries a visor for the first time so im hoping that can work the oracle as well. Charlie Johnston sends just this one on the long shlepp to Chelmsford making him the longest traveller of the meeting , and hes been in decent form of late with a 15.9% strike rate over the last month , and hes having a good season here thus far with a 25.7% strike rate and a profit of +£11.83. Jockey Joe Fanning also here for just the one ride , first time on the horse tonight , and he has a 19% strike rate in the last twenty one days. Stuck out that both trainer and jockey are here for just this one.

1.35 Brighton - Notre Maison 6/1 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads,BetFred) :hissyfit- Heers Sadie 9/1 (Hills,BetFred) :hissyfit 3rd
I like the look of a couple in this , NOTRE MAISON is the first one , comes into this in fine form , having not been out of the first three in her last six races - 1,1,3,2,2,2 . last three races have seen her hit the crossbar and i think she deserves a change of luck and i think that could come here today. Five of those last six races have come here at Brighton so definatley has a liking for it round here , either that or enjoys the sea air ! , hasnt won at todays distance but i think its just a matter of time before she gains her first victory. On the same mark as her last race and though she hasnt won from a mark this high i think its doable for her given her recent form. Stuart Kittow sends two runners to the meeting and both run in this race , other one being Gherkin who also holds good chances imo , has a 19% strike rate over the last three weeks. Callum Shepherd onboard and hes ridden the horse six times to date resulting in three places , has a 16% strike rate in the past fortnight and when coming here this season he has a 12.5% strike rate. Should be in the firing line. HEERS SADIE is the other one i like the chances of , like the other selection , comes into this in good form , since coming back from a break in June her figures read - 1,1,2,7,3,2 and though they have been over 7f (except the 7th which was over a mile) , i think she can go close here as has won over the trip before and if handling the drop in trip she'll be a danger to all imo. Usually runs a sound race here at Brighton with two wins and two places from her seven outings at the course. Has won off a higher mark than todays which is another positive in my book. Julie Fielden has just this one at the meeting today and though shes had a few runners without a win im not to worried as shes a trainer i rate and when coming here this term she has a 14.3% strike rate along with a very small profit, Jockey Adrian Keeley takes off a handy 3lb , has ridden the horse the last seven times with the end result being two wins and two places. Done well when coning here this season with a 17.2% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away.

October Running Total

Verona Star 8/1 Lost
Pop Favorite 7/1
thumbup.gif
1st 11/2

Girl From Italy 3/1 Lost
Sea Of Charm 11/2 Lost
Hashtagmetoo 10/1
thumbup.gif

Birkenhead 11/1 Lost
Abduction 17/2 Lost
Theme Park 5/1 Lost
Suanni 11/2 Lost
Rhubarb 18/1
thumbup.gif
1st 14/1

So Sleepy 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Lethal Nymph 10/1 Lost
Tajawal 4/1 Lost (2nd)
Conquistador 10/1 Lost
Lady Alara 11/1 Lost
Intrinsic Bond 15/2 Lost
Pessoa 25/1 Non Runner
Min Till 13/2 Lost
Rock On Tommy 9/2 Lost
Tellus 7/1 Lost
Derwent Boy 11/2 Lost
Crystal Dawn 4/1 Lost
Study The Stars 7/1 Lost
Chess Player 9/4 Lost
Silver Bubble 6/1 Lost
Spring Glow 6/1 Lost
Golden Duke 7/1 Lost
Spanish Star 13/2 Lost
Mister Malarkey 9/1 Lost
Tin Fandango 14/1 Lost
Tigerten 11/1 Lost
Skallywag Bay 7/1 Lost
Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost (3rd)
Wizarding 7/2 Lost
Timewave 10/1 :thumb 1st 5/1 (10p Rule 4 on EP)
Largo Bay 11/1 Lost
Notre Maison 6/1 Lost
Heers Sadie 9/1 Lost (3rd)
Riot 11/4 Lost (2nd)
Get Stuck In 8/1 Lost

Bets 55 .. Won 7 .. EP +29.20 / SP +1.50

Tad unlucky today with Riot get done by a neck , nowt for Friday , had a couple at Haydock but the meetings been abandoned

Tuesday 24th October

6.30 Wolverhampton - Age Of Time 6/4 (365)
AGE OF TIME won at the second time of asking , beating Time To Hunt by 3/4 length over CD , and i think theres every chance that he can go in again here this evening. He still looked a little green last time so i think theres every chance that theres alot of improvement to come with him and considering who hes with i think he could well rack up a sequence of wins. Trainer Charlie Appleby has an eyecatching 53% strike rate in the past fortnight , and has a 38.5% strike rate when coming here this term so anything he sends definatley warrants a closer look. William Buick in the saddle for the first time and hes here for just this one as well which didnt go un noticed , like the trainer hes enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 31% strike rate in the past two weeks and has a 26% strike rate overall when coming to ride here. Trainer and jockey have a 61% strike rate when combining their talents over the last three weeks. Not my usual sort of price admittedly but (a) i think he'll win and (b) i think theres every chance that he'll be shorter come the off and that 6/4 could look a decent price.

4.40 Hereford - Gerard Mentor 3/1 (Hills,SkyBet)
Like the chances of GERARD MENTOR in this one , had wind surgery back in August and came fifth of sixth on his re apperance run at th end of September , then followed that up last time out with a solid head second to Cawthorne Cracker (who runs in the 2.00 Exeter today) , those pair were a further 9 1/2 lengths ahead of the third home , that was his best effort for a while and if he can come into this in the same frame of mind then i think he'll be bang there when it matters. Has a 4lb rise to contend with but has run well off that kind of mark without winning before so i dont think it'll prove to much of a problem. Only ran here at Hereford once before , on his debut back in October 2020 , coming second. Class , distance and going are all good to go , and i think he holds a serious chance of coming home with his head in front. Trainer Kim Bailey has been in great form lately and the fact that he sends just this one out today caught my eye , has a 44% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and does well when sending his runners to Hereford with a 22% strike rate over the last five years. 7lb claimer Kai Lenihan is good value for his claim imho and he too is here for just this one ride , gets on well with the horse with three wins and a place from his nine rides.

Back