• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Boxing

Saturday 5th August - Amanda Serrano v Heather Hardy

This is the second time these two have met , the first time was back in September 2019 when Serrano (47 Fights - 44 Wins (30 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 Draw) beat Hardy (25 Fights - 22 Wins (4 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 No Contest) by Unanimous Decision , and to be honest i see the outcome being the same come August 5th. Serrano , for me , is one of the best female boxers out there , you're talking about someone who has won seven world titles in seven weight classes , that takes some doing ! And its hard for me to see Hardy who is now 41 bringing anything new to the table to produce an upset , shes a decent enough boxer but i think Serrano is levels above her. Serrano has an advantage in age , reach and skill , and i think that shes gonna make a successful defence of her undisputed titles and walk away the winner , theres a possibilty of a stoppage as Serrano can bang but i'd probably go with the fight going to a decision.

Amanada Serrano To Win .. By Decision

Saturday 5th August - Amanda Serrano v Heather Hardy

This is the second time these two have met , the first time was back in September 2019 when Serrano (47 Fights - 44 Wins (30 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 Draw) beat Hardy (25 Fights - 22 Wins (4 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 No Contest) by Unanimous Decision , and to be honest i see the outcome being the same come August 5th. Serrano , for me , is one of the best female boxers out there , you're talking about someone who has won seven world titles in seven weight classes , that takes some doing ! And its hard for me to see Hardy who is now 41 bringing anything new to the table to produce an upset , shes a decent enough boxer but i think Serrano is levels above her. Serrano has an advantage in age , reach and skill , and i think that shes gonna make a successful defence of her undisputed titles and walk away the winner , theres a possibilty of a stoppage as Serrano can bang but i'd probably go with the fight going to a decision.

Amanada Serrano To Win .. By Decision

:thumb Serrano won by decision

Saturday 12th August -

Emanuel Navarrete v Oscar Valdez
This should be a proper tear up , and one i'm looking forward to. Navarrete (38 Fights - 37 Wins (31 KOs) - 1 Loss) is a three weight world champion whose putting his WBO Super Featherweight title on the line when he faces fellow Mexican Valdez (32 Fights - 31 Wins (23 KOs) - 1 Loss) and theres every chance that this one doesnt go the distance as both can bang. Navarrete has got to be one of the busiest champions out there and the fact the sole loss on his resume came way back in his sixth fight in 2012 means hes gone undefeated in 32 fights , he comes into this after stopping Liam Wilson in the ninth round in February of this year , he showed his reslience in that one after he got caught by a huge left hook by Wilson in the fourth and went down , but like a true champion he soldiered on and took it to the Australian eventually stopping him. He has a height and reach advantage over Valdez and he will be using those to his advantage as he usually does , keeping his opponent at arms length and flying off shots from all angles , but Valdez is no slouch , for me hes got the slightly better ring IQ and i can see him getting inside Navarrete , slipping those long arms and catching him with a left hook or two. Valdez beat Adam Lopez in May of this year by unanimous decision and that was a decent effort considering he was coming off the first loss of his career to Shakur Stevenson , should come into this confident after that stay busy fight i think and if he brings his best to the table then we're in for a treat. Potentially this could go either way , depending on how the fight goes , if Navarette manages to fight at range and control the fight as he likes to do then i think the fight favours him but if Valdez can close the gap , get on the inside then i think he can take the champion outside of his comfort zone and that could tip the balance in his favour. Should be a good bout to watch , and its one where theres a high possibilty of a stoppage / knockdowns given their fighting styles and power , i slightly favour Navarette although if Valdez took it it wouldnt be the greatest shock.

Emanuel Navarette To Win

Johnny Fisher v Harry Armstrong
Up n coming heavyweight Johnny Fisher (9 Fights - 9 Wins (8 KOs)) meets Harry Armstrong (9 Fights - 5 Wins (0 KOs) - 3 Losses - 1 Draw) on the undercard of the Anthony Joshua v Dillian Whyte bout , and whilst hes a relative newcomer to the boxing scene The Romford Bull has despatched all before him and thus far and has been quite impressive in doing so stopping eight of his nine opponents. The only time hes gone the distance was when he fought Gabriel Enguema back in December 2022. Looking at the fighters i think Fisher is going to prove to strong and too powerful for Armstrong here , and an early stoppage could well be on the cards. Given hes only 24 and only had nine fights so far Fisher is looking a decent prospect , obviously he needs a few more fights under his belt before getting too excited and the big test will come when he faces some sterner opposition but i think he has all the makings of at least a British / European champion , and with time and patience maybe more. For this fight though i think Armstrong has bitten off more than he can chew and will get steamrollered to be honest , if he can get past the early rounds i think he's done well.

Johnny Fisher To Win ... By Stoppage

Filip Hrgovic v Demsey McKean

And another heavyweight dust up on the undercard of the Joshua/Whyte fight , Hrgovic (15 Fights - 15 Wins (12 KOs)) comes into this after a rather suspect decision over Joe Joyces' conquerer Zhilei Zhang , to my eye and to alot of others he lost that fight but it is what it is so he keeps his unbeaten record coming into this , whilst McKean (22 Fights - 22 Wins (14 KOs)) also comes into this unbeaten so someones gonna lose their unbeaten record. I think if Hrgovic wants to be taken seriously then he should be fighting someone higher ranked than McKean tbh , it werent long ago that he was touted to fight Uysk for the titles , so this is some drop in class so to speak. Hrgovic isnt a bad boxer and he can certainly bang , but after that Zhang fight maybe now is the time to catch him , the thing is , is McKean good enough to beat him ?! .. Probably not i'd say. Zhang dropped him and basically battered him for seven rounds until he run out of gas , unfortunatley for McKean i dont think he carries the same sort of power as Zhang , and looking through his opponents to date he hasnt fought anyone of note it has to be said. I think Hrgovic is going to want to make a statement in this one , he was lucky last time imho and he isnt going to want to repeat that effort so i think hes gonna be on his toes and wanna put McKean away. McKean does have some pop in his punches and uses distance well but for all that i really cant see him beating the Croat , who i think is just that little bit better.

Filip Hrgovic To Win

Did do a write up for the AJ v Whyte bout , two of the above are on the undercard , but obviously Whytes tested positive in a VADA test so that one has been cancelled and theyre now in the hunt for another opponent .. might do a write up for it i dunno yet , as its not gonna be someone whose really gonna test Joshua , its basically a keep busy fight until the Wilder fight in Saudi , but we'll see

Joshuas new opponent will be Robert Helenius , The Nordic Nightmare , who was put away in the first round by Deontay Wilder .. probably wont bother with a write up

Johnny Fisher Won by stoppage :thumb

Filip Hrgovic Wins :thumb

Emanuel Navarette Wins :thumb

Campbell Hatton won making it 13-0 for him now , Del Chisora won as well , a grand warrior and game as they come but i really think he should hang up his gloves now .. and as expected AJ won

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday 26th August -

Oleksandr Uysk v Daniel Dubois
Well if anyone had of told me that this would be Uysks' next fight i have to say i would of probably laughed in their faces , but with a bit of ducking and diving and assorted twists and turns here we are ! .. Uysk (20 Fights - 20 Wins (13 KOs)) hasnt fought since his win over Anthony Joshua back in August of last year , so basically around a year but i'm not too worried about that as likes to train and train hard so hes gonna come into this pumped up and raring to go .. Dubois (20 Fights - 19 Wins (18 KOs) - 1 Loss) last fought at the end of the year when he saw off the challenge of Kevin Larena , who he stopped in the third round , but that was eventful fight which saw Dubois knocked down three times in the first round before going on to stop his opponent. Now lots of people say that Uysk hasnt got the power to stop heavyweights , well Larena has fought most of his career at Cruiserweight and hes nowhere near the level of Uysk and he almost put Dubois away so Dubois has to be very wary i think. Quite how hes got a shot at Uysk in the first place is beyond me tbh , but it it what it is , skill and ringcraft and boxing IQ , well Uysk is simply levels above Dubois , and the only thing i can see thats in Dubois' favour is his power , but hes gonna have to catch Uysk clean if hes to capitilise on it and i have a hard time seeing that happen in all honesty. I can only see this fight going one way and thats a Uysk win , i can see him being too quick and too slick for Dubois and picking his shots and slowly dismantling him , Dubois is too slow and plodding to really get out of the way of Uysks' punches im my opinion and i can see Uysk wearing him down over time and possibly even stopping him in the later rounds.

Oleksandr Uysk To Win .. By Stoppage (Rounds 9-12)

Jared Anderson v Andriy Rudenko

Jared 'Big Baby' Anderson (15 Fights - 15 Wins (14 KOs)) gets back into the ring after his victory over Charles Martin on July 1st , his opponent is Ukranian Andriy Rudenko (41 Fights - 34 Wins (20 KOs) - 6 Losses - 1 NC) .. and its not a particularly mouth watering bout i have to admit. I give Anderson his dues , hes keeping busy , but i think he should be fighting sterner opposition than Rudenko if he wants to be seen as a serious heavyweight contender as hes widely being touted. Up to his last bout he'd stopped every opponent , but against Charles Martin , he showed he still had a lot to learn and that he had flaws and won by unanimous decision , he has that KO punch but up against the best Heavyweights i dont know if thats gonna be enough to see him to the top of the tree , we shall see. Rudenko has been in against some decent opposition he took Zhilei Zhang the distance as well as Alexander Povetkin , so its not gonna be easy for Anderson , but that was a few years ago now and in his last bout he was stopped by the unbeaten Ukranian Vladyslav Sirenko in the sixth so i think its entirely possible that he gets stopped again in this one given the power Anderson carries. I think Rudenko will give it his best shot but that hes gonna come up short , he can be a tricky customer but ultimatley i see Anderson coming out on top and carrying on his rise in the ranks.

Jared Anderson To Win

Saturday 26th August -

Oleksandr Uysk v Daniel Dubois
Well if anyone had of told me that this would be Uysks' next fight i have to say i would of probably laughed in their faces , but with a bit of ducking and diving and assorted twists and turns here we are ! .. Uysk (20 Fights - 20 Wins (13 KOs)) hasnt fought since his win over Anthony Joshua back in August of last year , so basically around a year but i'm not too worried about that as likes to train and train hard so hes gonna come into this pumped up and raring to go .. Dubois (20 Fights - 19 Wins (18 KOs) - 1 Loss) last fought at the end of the year when he saw off the challenge of Kevin Larena , who he stopped in the third round , but that was eventful fight which saw Dubois knocked down three times in the first round before going on to stop his opponent. Now lots of people say that Uysk hasnt got the power to stop heavyweights , well Larena has fought most of his career at Cruiserweight and hes nowhere near the level of Uysk and he almost put Dubois away so Dubois has to be very wary i think. Quite how hes got a shot at Uysk in the first place is beyond me tbh , but it it what it is , skill and ringcraft and boxing IQ , well Uysk is simply levels above Dubois , and the only thing i can see thats in Dubois' favour is his power , but hes gonna have to catch Uysk clean if hes to capitilise on it and i have a hard time seeing that happen in all honesty. I can only see this fight going one way and thats a Uysk win , i can see him being too quick and too slick for Dubois and picking his shots and slowly dismantling him , Dubois is too slow and plodding to really get out of the way of Uysks' punches im my opinion and i can see Uysk wearing him down over time and possibly even stopping him in the later rounds.

Oleksandr Uysk To Win .. By Stoppage (Rounds 9-12)

Jared Anderson v Andriy Rudenko

Jared 'Big Baby' Anderson (15 Fights - 15 Wins (14 KOs)) gets back into the ring after his victory over Charles Martin on July 1st , his opponent is Ukranian Andriy Rudenko (41 Fights - 34 Wins (20 KOs) - 6 Losses - 1 NC) .. and its not a particularly mouth watering bout i have to admit. I give Anderson his dues , hes keeping busy , but i think he should be fighting sterner opposition than Rudenko if he wants to be seen as a serious heavyweight contender as hes widely being touted. Up to his last bout he'd stopped every opponent , but against Charles Martin , he showed he still had a lot to learn and that he had flaws and won by unanimous decision , he has that KO punch but up against the best Heavyweights i dont know if thats gonna be enough to see him to the top of the tree , we shall see. Rudenko has been in against some decent opposition he took Zhilei Zhang the distance as well as Alexander Povetkin , so its not gonna be easy for Anderson , but that was a few years ago now and in his last bout he was stopped by the unbeaten Ukranian Vladyslav Sirenko in the sixth so i think its entirely possible that he gets stopped again in this one given the power Anderson carries. I think Rudenko will give it his best shot but that hes gonna come up short , he can be a tricky customer but ultimatley i see Anderson coming out on top and carrying on his rise in the ranks.

Jared Anderson To Win

Uysk Won By ninth round stoppage :thumb

Anderson Won (by stoppage) :thumb

Friday 1st September -

Lyndon Arthur v Braian Nahuel Suarez
Well this one was scheduled for March but Suarez had to pull out due to a medical emergency , now thats all sorted the pair meet for the vacant IBO World Light Haevy strap. Arthur (23 Fights - 22 Wins (15 KOs) - 1 Loss) comes into this after winning his last three fights , the first two of those ending in TKOs whilst his last bout ended with a unanimous decision over Boris Crighton , Argentinian Suarez (18 Fights - 17 Wins (17 KO) - 1 Loss) was stopped for the first time in his career in his penultimate fight against the unbeaten Venezuelan Albert Ramirez , last time out he stopped Mauricio Caceda who had a nasty cut above his eye and couldnt continue. Suarez isnt a bad boxer and having despatched 17 of his 18 opponents obviously has stopping power but looking through his resume he hasnt met anyone of note and certainly no one of Arthurs calibre , and if im honest i cant see anything but a Arthur win here , long as he comes into the fight in tip top shape and focussed which im sure he will. Arthurs sole defeat was to Anthony Yarde who stopped him in their rematch , Arthur won the first one , and i do feel sometimes that there should of been a third fight between them tbh. I think Arthur is gonna prove to be to good and too strong for Suarez on the night , as i say Suarez can punch so theres always that threat but i think overall Arthur is the better boxer with the better ring IQ , and the fact that the Argentinian has never boxed outside of his native country could well play a part in proceedings , i think the British fighter walks away with the strap , possibly by stoppage.

Lyndon Arthur To Win .. By Stoppage

Dina Thorslund v Yulihan Luna Avila
Not a bad looking bout this one imo , the unbeaten WBO Bantanweight champion Thorslund (19 Fights - 19 Wins (8 KOs)) meets Mexican WBC Bantanweight titlist Luna (29 Fights - 25 Wins (4 KOs) - 3 Losses - 1 Draw) for a unification fight in Thorslunds native Denmark. Both fighters have won titles at different weights with Thorslund winning the WBC Youth World Super Bantamweight title in only her eighth bout , before becoming European champion a couple of months later. Both are talented boxers , i'd say that Thorslund carries a little more power , a given looking at her record , but in ability and IQ i'd say that they're pretty much on a par , so it should be an entertaining fight i think. For me Thorslund has fought the better opposition thus far but only slightly , and i think Luna will be her toughest test to date personally. Despite travelling along way for the fight i dont think that will phase Luna as shes fought outside of her native Mexico a couple of times before , Argentina and the States , and fared okay although i daresay shes gonna face a hostile homecrowd seeing as Thorslunds' home is only ten minutes up the road. As i've already said should be a decent fight to watch , and whilst its pretty close on the evidence that i've seen i think Thorslund keeps her unbeaten record and adds the WBC belt to her collection.

Diana Thorslund To Win

Saturday 2nd September - Liam Smith v Chris Eubank Jr

Chris Eubank Jr (35 Fights - 32 Wins (23 KOs) - 3 Losses) will be looking to set the record straight in this rematch after being stopped in the fourth round in their first meeting , whilst 'Beefy' Smith (37 Fights - 33 Wins (20 KOs) - 3 Losses - 1 Draw) will be looking to reinforce the fact that that last time out win wasnt by chance. Its got all the makings of a decent fight i think , and i think that despite being from Liverpool most of the Manchester crowd will be behind Smith which will spur him on. As with the first one its a difficult one to call tbh , but i think Smith has the edge in this rematch , knowing he can hurt and stop Eubank Jr , and thats gotta be in Eubank Jr's mind too to a certain degree. This time round i can see Eubank Jr trying to play it safe , boxing from distance and trying to get some points early on but Smith is adept at the waiting game , and hes a clinical finisher as we saw in the first , so when he sees a chance hes going to take it. Smith has the better ring IQ i think , and he doesnt mind waiting for an opening , he'll stick to his script and take his chances as and when , and if im being honest i can see this going the way of the first meeting , only it may take a few more rounds. Both have stamina in abundance but i think Smith can play the waiting game better , as i say i think Eubank Jr will try and keep Smith at distance , picking off his shots but Smith will close that gap and then Eubank Jr is going to have to box clever or probably face the same result as last time. Should be an entertaining fight and one im looking forward to watching but i see the same result as the first , albeit in the later rounds (although you couldnt honestly discount Eubank Jr in all fairness).

Liam Smith To Win .. By Stoppage (Rounds 7-12)

Friday 1st September -

Lyndon Arthur v Braian Nahuel Suarez
Well this one was scheduled for March but Suarez had to pull out due to a medical emergency , now thats all sorted the pair meet for the vacant IBO World Light Haevy strap. Arthur (23 Fights - 22 Wins (15 KOs) - 1 Loss) comes into this after winning his last three fights , the first two of those ending in TKOs whilst his last bout ended with a unanimous decision over Boris Crighton , Argentinian Suarez (18 Fights - 17 Wins (17 KO) - 1 Loss) was stopped for the first time in his career in his penultimate fight against the unbeaten Venezuelan Albert Ramirez , last time out he stopped Mauricio Caceda who had a nasty cut above his eye and couldnt continue. Suarez isnt a bad boxer and having despatched 17 of his 18 opponents obviously has stopping power but looking through his resume he hasnt met anyone of note and certainly no one of Arthurs calibre , and if im honest i cant see anything but a Arthur win here , long as he comes into the fight in tip top shape and focussed which im sure he will. Arthurs sole defeat was to Anthony Yarde who stopped him in their rematch , Arthur won the first one , and i do feel sometimes that there should of been a third fight between them tbh. I think Arthur is gonna prove to be to good and too strong for Suarez on the night , as i say Suarez can punch so theres always that threat but i think overall Arthur is the better boxer with the better ring IQ , and the fact that the Argentinian has never boxed outside of his native country could well play a part in proceedings , i think the British fighter walks away with the strap , possibly by stoppage.

Lyndon Arthur To Win .. By Stoppage

Dina Thorslund v Yulihan Luna Avila
Not a bad looking bout this one imo , the unbeaten WBO Bantanweight champion Thorslund (19 Fights - 19 Wins (8 KOs)) meets Mexican WBC Bantanweight titlist Luna (29 Fights - 25 Wins (4 KOs) - 3 Losses - 1 Draw) for a unification fight in Thorslunds native Denmark. Both fighters have won titles at different weights with Thorslund winning the WBC Youth World Super Bantamweight title in only her eighth bout , before becoming European champion a couple of months later. Both are talented boxers , i'd say that Thorslund carries a little more power , a given looking at her record , but in ability and IQ i'd say that they're pretty much on a par , so it should be an entertaining fight i think. For me Thorslund has fought the better opposition thus far but only slightly , and i think Luna will be her toughest test to date personally. Despite travelling along way for the fight i dont think that will phase Luna as shes fought outside of her native Mexico a couple of times before , Argentina and the States , and fared okay although i daresay shes gonna face a hostile homecrowd seeing as Thorslunds' home is only ten minutes up the road. As i've already said should be a decent fight to watch , and whilst its pretty close on the evidence that i've seen i think Thorslund keeps her unbeaten record and adds the WBC belt to her collection.

Diana Thorslund To Win

Lyndon Arthur Won .. By Stoppage :thumb

Dina Thorslund Won :thumb

No stopping Seans winning tips whatever the sport :hatsoff

Dunno bout that but cheers Slick , Smith and Eubank JR tonight , gotta nagging doubt that i have this one wrong and that Eubank wins , i hope not but i can see a trilogy if Eubank wins this one tonight

Is this a different Smith ?
Shocking display compared to the last fight.

Brilliant display by Eubank, something seemed off with Smith mind.

Back