• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Boxing

Saturday 2nd September - Liam Smith v Chris Eubank Jr

Chris Eubank Jr (35 Fights - 32 Wins (23 KOs) - 3 Losses) will be looking to set the record straight in this rematch after being stopped in the fourth round in their first meeting , whilst 'Beefy' Smith (37 Fights - 33 Wins (20 KOs) - 3 Losses - 1 Draw) will be looking to reinforce the fact that that last time out win wasnt by chance. Its got all the makings of a decent fight i think , and i think that despite being from Liverpool most of the Manchester crowd will be behind Smith which will spur him on. As with the first one its a difficult one to call tbh , but i think Smith has the edge in this rematch , knowing he can hurt and stop Eubank Jr , and thats gotta be in Eubank Jr's mind too to a certain degree. This time round i can see Eubank Jr trying to play it safe , boxing from distance and trying to get some points early on but Smith is adept at the waiting game , and hes a clinical finisher as we saw in the first , so when he sees a chance hes going to take it. Smith has the better ring IQ i think , and he doesnt mind waiting for an opening , he'll stick to his script and take his chances as and when , and if im being honest i can see this going the way of the first meeting , only it may take a few more rounds. Both have stamina in abundance but i think Smith can play the waiting game better , as i say i think Eubank Jr will try and keep Smith at distance , picking off his shots but Smith will close that gap and then Eubank Jr is going to have to box clever or probably face the same result as last time. Should be an entertaining fight and one im looking forward to watching but i see the same result as the first , albeit in the later rounds (although you couldnt honestly discount Eubank Jr in all fairness).

Liam Smith To Win .. By Stoppage (Rounds 7-12)

:frown Eubank Wins by TKO

Dunno bout that but cheers Slick , Smith and Eubank JR tonight , gotta nagging doubt that i have this one wrong and that Eubank wins , i hope not but i can see a trilogy if Eubank wins this one tonight

Tho i did say i was having second thoughts about this one lol

Saturday 23rd September -

Anthony Yarde v Ricky Summers
An all British dust up on the undercard of Zhang v Joyce , Yarde (26 Fights - 23 Wins (22 KOs) - 3 Losses) makes his re appearance after a valiant effort against the unbeaten WBC , IBF and WBO champion Artur Beterbiev , there was no shame in that loss as for me Beterbiev is one of the best out there and i think Yarde will find himself regaining the winning thread here. Ricky Summers (23 Fights - 19 Wins (6 KOs) - 3 Losses - 1 Draw) is the current English Light Heavyweight champion which he won when he beat Joel McIntyre back in March of this year , winning by unanimous decision. Although four years younger Yarde is the slightly more experienced fighter having had more pro fights than his opponent and it has to be said that hes bene up against better opposition .. Lyndon Arthur , Artur Beterbiev and Sergey Kovalov to name but three .. the best name on Summers resume imo is Dan Azeez who he lost a split decision to back in 2021. Summers is a decent enough boxer but he lacks power , which Yarde possesses in abundance and i think Yardes experience against better quality opposition and his skill set all point to a win for the Beast From The East.

Anthony Yarde To Win

Zhilei Zhang v Joe Joyce
Gotta admit to looking forward to this one and to seeing how Joyce reacts to his first pro loss , think that win surprised everyone if im honest , but after looking at the fight several times , Zhang (27 Fights - 25 Wins (20 K0s) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) was just too good for The Juggernaut it has to be said , he was faster , stronger and stuck to his gameplan , beating Joyce (16 Fights - 15 Wins (14 KOs) - 1 Loss) to the punch almost everytime , and almost everytime Joyce threw Zhang would counter with that left and catch the eye that eventually led to the stoppage. Will it be the same this time ? Could well be .. I think Joyce comes into this heavier than in the first fight , in the first one it was evident that he'd done a bit of weight and i honestly think that that played a part in the loss as well as the fact that i think he under estimated Zhang , whose no slouch it has to be said , hes big , strong and he aint called the Big Bang for nothing! He doesnt really KO people its more the fact that hes very heavy handed and his punches just pummel and wear down his opponents (not unlike Joyce really). Joyce definatley has to come into this with a different gameplan / mindset , Zhang will probably come into this exactly the same , bouyed by the fact that hes beaten his opponent once already so he's gotta be full of confidence i would of thought , but though i like Joyce i do have doubts as to how much he can actually change , Joyce has a longer reach and he has to utilise this and use it to his advantage , and he has to adapt to Zhangs southpaw stance. Both are getting on Zhang is now 40 and Joyce is 37 so its pretty much a must win for both of them if they want to have any chance of fighting for a world title anytime soon. Joyce needs to start fast and take it to Zhang i think , and also move his head more , hes pretty much a static target and against someone like Zhang thats not a good move as he found out , if he can make it to the mid rounds then i think he can start to come out on top as he does have a better gas tank than Zhang . Im finding it hard to call if im being honest , i think we're going to see a totally different Joe Joyce here but will that be enough ? .. I hope so , as a Brit i wanna see him win obviously , my heart is saying Joyce but my head is full of niggling little doubts and it thinks Zhang wins the rematch. Its gonna be an entertaining fight i think , plenty of action and im gonna go with Joyce to win (but its close) , i have to really dont i ?!

Joe Joyce To Win

Jessica McCaskill v Sandy Ryan
And yet another solid womans bout , McCaskill (15 Fights - 12 Wins (5 KOs) - 3 Losses) and Ryan (7 Fights - 6 Wins (2 KOs) - 1 Loss) meet in the ring to decide whose the number one welterweight in the world with both putting their repsective titles on the line and this should be a good un to watch i reckon. Aside from the loss in her second fight , McCaskill has only lost to the world class pair of Katie Taylor and Chantelle Cameron whilst Ryan slipped up in her fourth bout to Argentinian Erica Farias , but rectified that by beating her in a rematch next time. I honestly think a case can be made for both , but on the flip side i think both have negatives , McCaskill is now 39 years old and it makes me think does she have the tank to go with the younger Ryan , and i think if she could cut off the ring better and worked on her timing then she could cause Ryan all sorts of problems as Ryans defense has been leaky at times , especially when shes trying to go on the offensive. Despite Ryans height advantage its McCaskill who has the longer reach but i think she'll struggle to capitalise on that fact , shes more of a brawler type to me and i think Ryans basics are good and the fact she been training over in Vegas preparing for the heat in Orlando i think shes gonna be acclimatised and will work McCaskill hard from the first bell. To be honest it could go either way but im going to go for the Brit (of course) to walk away with the spoils by decision.

Sandy Ryan To Win By Decision

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday 16th September - William Zepeda v Mercita Gesta

Not a bad match up tbh , the unbeaten Zepeda (28 Fights - 28 Wins (24 KOs)) takes on the experienced Filipino Gesta (40 Fights , 34 Wins (17 KOs) , 3 Losses , 3 Draws) whose been there , seen it and done it , but for me falls short of world class (losing in both attempts for a world title , against Miquel Vazquez and Jorge Linares) and i think hes coming to the twilight years of his career , whilst Zepeda is unbeaten , and hungry and looking for titles , and i personally think hes gonna have too much for Gesta. Thats not to say that Gesta cant cause problems or frustrate him in this fight but i think an upset is very unlikely in this one . Hes going to need all his veteran guile if hes to even to go the distance imho , he has a decent enough jab and i can see him throwing alot of them but i can also see Zepeda countering them and his punches carry a bit of snap as is testified by his KO record. Zepeda does have a tendency to hold his head high and stay stock still as hes unloading , which could prove problematic against a power puncher , but Gesta isnt one , and i can see this one only going one way. I think Zepeda wins , and as hes a volume puncher i think its entirely possible that he will overwhelm Gesta and eventually stop him in the mid - late rounds.

William Zepeda To Win (By Stoppage)

Saturday 16th September - William Zepeda v Mercita Gesta

Not a bad match up tbh , the unbeaten Zepeda (28 Fights - 28 Wins (24 KOs)) takes on the experienced Filipino Gesta (40 Fights , 34 Wins (17 KOs) , 3 Losses , 3 Draws) whose been there , seen it and done it , but for me falls short of world class (losing in both attempts for a world title , against Miquel Vazquez and Jorge Linares) and i think hes coming to the twilight years of his career , whilst Zepeda is unbeaten , and hungry and looking for titles , and i personally think hes gonna have too much for Gesta. Thats not to say that Gesta cant cause problems or frustrate him in this fight but i think an upset is very unlikely in this one . Hes going to need all his veteran guile if hes to even to go the distance imho , he has a decent enough jab and i can see him throwing alot of them but i can also see Zepeda countering them and his punches carry a bit of snap as is testified by his KO record. Zepeda does have a tendency to hold his head high and stay stock still as hes unloading , which could prove problematic against a power puncher , but Gesta isnt one , and i can see this one only going one way. I think Zepeda wins , and as hes a volume puncher i think its entirely possible that he will overwhelm Gesta and eventually stop him in the mid - late rounds.

William Zepeda To Win (By Stoppage)

:thumb William Zepeda Wins By Stoppage

Monday 18th September - Kenshiro Teraji v Hekkie Budler

Well Kenshiro Teraji AKA The Amazing Boy (22 Fights - 21 Wins (13 KOs) - 1 Loss) is another Japanese boxer , like Inoue , who is doing well , and in all honesty doesnt get the recongnition he deserves , and currently holds the WBA (Super) , WBC and The Ring Light Flyweight Titles , which he defends against the experienced South African Hekkie Budler (39 Fights - 35 Wins (11 KOs) - 4 Losses) , and it should be a decent fight to watch. Teraji is a two time and unified Light Flyweight Champion who held the WBC Light Flyweight Title from 2017-2021 and the unified WBA (Super Version) , WBC and The Ring Light Flyweight Titles since 2022 , so fair to say hes no slouch! The sole loss on his record came in September 2021 when he was stopped by Masamichi Yabuki (lost the WBC Flyweight Title) in the tenth round , but avenged that loss in his next fight and regained the belt by KO'ing Yabuchi in the third round , since then he has stopped both of his opponents and added the WBA (Super) and The Ring titles to his collection. Budler is a two weight world champion and has been around the block (numerous times) having had his first pro fight back in 2007 , so has been there , seen it and done it , hes on a three bout winning streak , and will be looking to continue that run , his last loss came in December 2018 when he stopped by Hiroto Kyoguchi , who incidentally is a decent boxer and his sole loss came to .. you guessed it , Teraji , who stopped him in the seventh. Although Budler wont go down without a fight i think Teraji is gonna be too much for him , hes quick , has immense power in both hands but more than that he can read a fight well , hes very technical and how he fights depends on his opponent , Budler has a solid defence (for the most part) , and tends to build up the points whilst looking for openings , and i dont think theres going to be too many of those tbh. I think Teraji is going to break Budler down , and theres a good possibilty of Teraji stopping him.

Kenshiro Teraji To Win (By Stoppage)

Monday 18th September - Kenshiro Teraji v Hekkie Budler

Well Kenshiro Teraji AKA The Amazing Boy (22 Fights - 21 Wins (13 KOs) - 1 Loss) is another Japanese boxer , like Inoue , who is doing well , and in all honesty doesnt get the recongnition he deserves , and currently holds the WBA (Super) , WBC and The Ring Light Flyweight Titles , which he defends against the experienced South African Hekkie Budler (39 Fights - 35 Wins (11 KOs) - 4 Losses) , and it should be a decent fight to watch. Teraji is a two time and unified Light Flyweight Champion who held the WBC Light Flyweight Title from 2017-2021 and the unified WBA (Super Version) , WBC and The Ring Light Flyweight Titles since 2022 , so fair to say hes no slouch! The sole loss on his record came in September 2021 when he was stopped by Masamichi Yabuki (lost the WBC Flyweight Title) in the tenth round , but avenged that loss in his next fight and regained the belt by KO'ing Yabuchi in the third round , since then he has stopped both of his opponents and added the WBA (Super) and The Ring titles to his collection. Budler is a two weight world champion and has been around the block (numerous times) having had his first pro fight back in 2007 , so has been there , seen it and done it , hes on a three bout winning streak , and will be looking to continue that run , his last loss came in December 2018 when he stopped by Hiroto Kyoguchi , who incidentally is a decent boxer and his sole loss came to .. you guessed it , Teraji , who stopped him in the seventh. Although Budler wont go down without a fight i think Teraji is gonna be too much for him , hes quick , has immense power in both hands but more than that he can read a fight well , hes very technical and how he fights depends on his opponent , Budler has a solid defence (for the most part) , and tends to build up the points whilst looking for openings , and i dont think theres going to be too many of those tbh. I think Teraji is going to break Budler down , and theres a good possibilty of Teraji stopping him.

Kenshiro Teraji To Win (By Stoppage)

:thumb Teraji Wins By Stoppage

An all British dust up on the undercard of Zhang v Joyce , Yarde (26 Fights - 23 Wins (22 KOs) - 3 Losses) makes his re appearance after a valiant effort against the unbeaten WBC , IBF and WBO champion Artur Beterbiev , there was no shame in that loss as for me Beterbiev is one of the best out there and i think Yarde will find himself regaining the winning thread here. Ricky Summers (23 Fights - 19 Wins (6 KOs) - 3 Losses - 1 Draw) is the current English Light Heavyweight champion which he won when he beat Joel McIntyre back in March of this year , winning by unanimous decision. Although four years younger Yarde is the slightly more experienced fighter having had more pro fights than his opponent and it has to be said that hes bene up against better opposition .. Lyndon Arthur , Artur Beterbiev and Sergey Kovalov to name but three .. the best name on Summers resume imo is Dan Azeez who he lost a split decision to back in 2021. Summers is a decent enough boxer but he lacks power , which Yarde possesses in abundance and i think Yardes experience against better quality opposition and his skill set all point to a win for the Beast From The East.

Anthony Yarde To Win

YARDE FACING NEW OPPONENT IN JORGE SILVA

Anthony Yarde To Win

Zhilei Zhang v Joe Joyce
Gotta admit to looking forward to this one and to seeing how Joyce reacts to his first pro loss , think that win surprised everyone if im honest , but after looking at the fight several times , Zhang (27 Fights - 25 Wins (20 K0s) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) was just too good for The Juggernaut it has to be said , he was faster , stronger and stuck to his gameplan , beating Joyce (16 Fights - 15 Wins (14 KOs) - 1 Loss) to the punch almost everytime , and almost everytime Joyce threw Zhang would counter with that left and catch the eye that eventually led to the stoppage. Will it be the same this time ? Could well be .. I think Joyce comes into this heavier than in the first fight , in the first one it was evident that he'd done a bit of weight and i honestly think that that played a part in the loss as well as the fact that i think he under estimated Zhang , whose no slouch it has to be said , hes big , strong and he aint called the Big Bang for nothing! He doesnt really KO people its more the fact that hes very heavy handed and his punches just pummel and wear down his opponents (not unlike Joyce really). Joyce definatley has to come into this with a different gameplan / mindset , Zhang will probably come into this exactly the same , bouyed by the fact that hes beaten his opponent once already so he's gotta be full of confidence i would of thought , but though i like Joyce i do have doubts as to how much he can actually change , Joyce has a longer reach and he has to utilise this and use it to his advantage , and he has to adapt to Zhangs southpaw stance. Both are getting on Zhang is now 40 and Joyce is 37 so its pretty much a must win for both of them if they want to have any chance of fighting for a world title anytime soon. Joyce needs to start fast and take it to Zhang i think , and also move his head more , hes pretty much a static target and against someone like Zhang thats not a good move as he found out , if he can make it to the mid rounds then i think he can start to come out on top as he does have a better gas tank than Zhang . Im finding it hard to call if im being honest , i think we're going to see a totally different Joe Joyce here but will that be enough ? .. I hope so , as a Brit i wanna see him win obviously , my heart is saying Joyce but my head is full of niggling little doubts and it thinks Zhang wins the rematch. Its gonna be an entertaining fight i think , plenty of action and im gonna go with Joyce to win (but its close) , i have to really dont i ?!

Joe Joyce To Win

Jessica McCaskill v Sandy Ryan
And yet another solid womans bout , McCaskill (15 Fights - 12 Wins (5 KOs) - 3 Losses) and Ryan (7 Fights - 6 Wins (2 KOs) - 1 Loss) meet in the ring to decide whose the number one welterweight in the world with both putting their repsective titles on the line and this should be a good un to watch i reckon. Aside from the loss in her second fight , McCaskill has only lost to the world class pair of Katie Taylor and Chantelle Cameron whilst Ryan slipped up in her fourth bout to Argentinian Erica Farias , but rectified that by beating her in a rematch next time. I honestly think a case can be made for both , but on the flip side i think both have negatives , McCaskill is now 39 years old and it makes me think does she have the tank to go with the younger Ryan , and i think if she could cut off the ring better and worked on her timing then she could cause Ryan all sorts of problems as Ryans defense has been leaky at times , especially when shes trying to go on the offensive. Despite Ryans height advantage its McCaskill who has the longer reach but i think she'll struggle to capitalise on that fact , shes more of a brawler type to me and i think Ryans basics are good and the fact she been training over in Vegas preparing for the heat in Orlando i think shes gonna be acclimatised and will work McCaskill hard from the first bell. To be honest it could go either way but im going to go for the Brit (of course) to walk away with the spoils by decision.

Sandy Ryan To Win By Decision

**Late Opponent change in Anthony Yarde fight

** Zhang Stopped Joyce in the third

** McCaskill and Ryan fought to a draw ... Personally i think Ryan done enough to take the bout

Saturday 30th September -

Canelo Alvarez v Jermell Charlo
Initially Canelo (63 Fights - 59 Wins (39 KOs) - 2 Losses - 2 Draws) was due to face Jermall Charlo but because of an injury he had to pull out and was replaced by his brother Jermell (37 Fights - 35 Wins (19 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) , looks to me to be an intriguing match up that has the potential to be a good fight / watch. Charlo is currently the undisputed Light Middleweight Champ and now faces a much bigger opponent in Canelo who is the current undisputed at Super Middleweight , and hes also facing someone whose been there , seen it and done it , several times if the truth be known but he is getting older and looking at his last fight against Briton John Ryder although he outpointed and for the most part outboxed him he seemed to lack that finishing power that he once had. Before that he beat Gennady Golovkin , a pointless fight imho , he lost the first bout between them and won the next two but GGG isnt the man he once was so theres no great kudos in getting the win in that one if im being honest , and in his fight before that one he was taken apart by the slick Dmitiry Bivol. Charlo comes into this on the back of a tenth round knock out of Brian Castano , who he'd drawn with in his penultimate fight , those two bouts were decent bouts , and could well stand him in good stead against a fighter like Canelo. He is a bit inactive though only fighting once a year for the last three years and this will be his first time in the ring this year whereas Canelo had three fights in 2021 , two last year and has already had one this year. Charlo has decent power and could trouble Canelo if he manages to land a big shot , but he also has some defensive frailties which he is going to have to improve on or he could well get caught out by a big shot from Canelo. I think he'll try and use his reach advantage to keep Canelo at Bay , and probably pick his shots , because if he tries to mix it up close then i think Canelo uses his superior ring craft and IQ to his advantage. Canelo is a master at the waiting game , and picking and choosing his shots / time , so Charlo is gonna have to play it carefully , and could well try and stay out of trouble until the latter half of the fight where Canelo seems to dip a little and then turn up the pressure but as i said earlier Canelo has been there and done it , and i think although he may have some problems along the way , he wins this fight.

Canelo Alvarez To Win

Caroline Dubois v Margali Rodriquez
British fighter (and younger sister of heavyweight Daniel Dubois) Caroline Dubois (7 Fights - 7 Wins (5 KOs)) takes on the experienced Mexican Magali Rodriguez (32 Fights - 22 Wins (9 KOs) - 6 Losses - 4 Draws) for the vacant IBO World Lightweight title at the mecca of British boxing York Hall in Bethnal Green. Dubois has looked good in her seven fights to date , and the fact shes fighting for a title fight in only her eighth fight shows how talented she is , and i honestly think shes gonna walk away with the belt , although the tough veteran Rodriguez will be trying her best to stop her , shes no slouch and can definatley punch but from what ive seen of Dubois to date she is gonna be too slick and skilful for the Mexican i think. Cant say i know too much about Rodriguez to be honest having only seen a couple of her fights but she is tough and comes to fight , and i think that will play into Dubois' gloves , who i can see slowly breaking her down and exploiting any weaknesses she sees. Dubois victory for me , on the way to bigger and better things.

Caroline Dubois To Win

Murat Gassiev v Otto Wallin
Now this is a fight i'm looking forward to , two of the most avoided fighters in the heavyweight division getting it on , and i think it has all the hallmarks of a bloody good tear up. Wallin (27 Fights - 25 Wins (14 KOs) , 1 Loss , 1 No Contest) has beaten all before him save Tyson Fury back in 2019 , and i have to say that was hard fought contest where depending on your viewpoint he was unlucky not to get the nod from the judges , after opening up a nasty cut above Furys eye although he did fade during the later rounds. Hes one of the most under rated heavyweights / boxers around imho , hes a quality southpaw and has proven a nightmare for his opposition thus far , which is probably why he doesnt get many chances against the top tier fighters in the division , whereas Gassiev (32 Fights - 30 Wins (23 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 No Contest) has only lost the one bout to current heavyweight champ Oleksander Uysk in the Wolrd Boxing Super Series where he lost the IBFand WBA (Unified) titles and Uysk became the undisputed Cruiserweight champion. Surprised me that instead of going for Cruiserweight glory he followed Uysk up to the Heavyweight division , where hes knocked out his four opponents thus far , his latest opponent being the previously unbeaten Mike Balogun who he knocked out in the second round. Since the Fury fight Wallin has won all five of his fights , and looked good in doing so. Both are solid fighters but for me Gassiev has more power and the better boxing brain (just) , its definatley a hard one to call as neither boxer is an easy night for anyone , and this is as much a chess match as it is a boxing bout as both will be wary of each other for a few rounds i imagine , but i think Gassiev edges it , i think he has more in his arsenal than Wallin , and theres always the threat of his stopping power on top of his skill. Im going to enjoy watching this one but for me Gassiev wins (possibility of a stoppage but Wallin has proved he has a decent chin so could be that it goes to the cards)

Murat Gassiev To Win

Ellie Scotney v Laura Griffa
Ellie Scotney (7 Fights - 7 Wins (0 KOs)) defends her IBF Super Bantamweight Title for the first time against the tough and experienced Argentinian Laura Griffa (28 Fights - 20 Wins (1 KO) - 8 Losses) , she won the strap in her last fight when she beat Cherneka Johnson by unanimous decision , and though i think she will retain her title i think it'll be a tough fight and a new experience against an old hand whose been in these sort of fights before. Scotney hasnt put a foot wrong so far , has a good amateur pedigree and has carried that on into the pro ranks. Neither of them are known for their punching power , but for me Scotney is better skills wise although Griffa has experience in abundance in her favour. As you'd expect she has mainly fought in her native Argentina but she has travelled three times before in her career , twice to France and once to New Zealand where she lost all three by unanimous decison , and i think that thats gonna be the case here , Scotney isnt gonna wanna relinquish her title without a fight , shes on home soil with the crowd behind her and i think she'll outbox Griffa and walk away with a decision.

Ellie Scotney To Win by decision

I enjoyed the Zhang v Joyce fight, It confirmed just how good Zhang is, he maybe 40 and you don't get many Chinese heavyweights but I thought Technically he was superb and if age doesn't catch up with him , will cause a few more upsets in whatever time he has left.
I'd love to see him fight Usyk, that would have the makings of a cracker.

Yeah ive always rated Zhang Slick , good , solid boxer .. as i said in the write up i let my heart rule my head as i like Joyce , hes not the best by any stretch of the imagination but he seems like a good guy , just gets on with it which i like to see , no side show ala Fury etc ..

From what ive been reading Uysk fights Fury , although i'll only believe it when the bell rings for the first round .. so you might have to wait for the Uysk v Zhang fight .. although in the meantime im hoping that Fury gets knocked the fuck out by Ngannou lol but thats wishful thinking on my part i reckon. Id like to see him fight Joshua , who beat him in the 2012 Olympics .. i think he'd stop Joshua ..Uysk i dunno , hes game and hes clever , for me the pound for poiund best (despite what Fury claims) if he was bigger then id say no one beats him out there at the moment cos of his skillset , but in HW boxing it only takes that one punch and its all over .. so who knows ? .. Wilder would be another good match up i think , not the most skilful by any stretch of the imagination but it would be interesting to see how he holds up if Wilder landed that right on him

Saturday 30th September -

Canelo Alvarez v Jermell Charlo
Initially Canelo (63 Fights - 59 Wins (39 KOs) - 2 Losses - 2 Draws) was due to face Jermall Charlo but because of an injury he had to pull out and was replaced by his brother Jermell (37 Fights - 35 Wins (19 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) , looks to me to be an intriguing match up that has the potential to be a good fight / watch. Charlo is currently the undisputed Light Middleweight Champ and now faces a much bigger opponent in Canelo who is the current undisputed at Super Middleweight , and hes also facing someone whose been there , seen it and done it , several times if the truth be known but he is getting older and looking at his last fight against Briton John Ryder although he outpointed and for the most part outboxed him he seemed to lack that finishing power that he once had. Before that he beat Gennady Golovkin , a pointless fight imho , he lost the first bout between them and won the next two but GGG isnt the man he once was so theres no great kudos in getting the win in that one if im being honest , and in his fight before that one he was taken apart by the slick Dmitiry Bivol. Charlo comes into this on the back of a tenth round knock out of Brian Castano , who he'd drawn with in his penultimate fight , those two bouts were decent bouts , and could well stand him in good stead against a fighter like Canelo. He is a bit inactive though only fighting once a year for the last three years and this will be his first time in the ring this year whereas Canelo had three fights in 2021 , two last year and has already had one this year. Charlo has decent power and could trouble Canelo if he manages to land a big shot , but he also has some defensive frailties which he is going to have to improve on or he could well get caught out by a big shot from Canelo. I think he'll try and use his reach advantage to keep Canelo at Bay , and probably pick his shots , because if he tries to mix it up close then i think Canelo uses his superior ring craft and IQ to his advantage. Canelo is a master at the waiting game , and picking and choosing his shots / time , so Charlo is gonna have to play it carefully , and could well try and stay out of trouble until the latter half of the fight where Canelo seems to dip a little and then turn up the pressure but as i said earlier Canelo has been there and done it , and i think although he may have some problems along the way , he wins this fight.

Canelo Alvarez To Win

Caroline Dubois v Margali Rodriquez
British fighter (and younger sister of heavyweight Daniel Dubois) Caroline Dubois (7 Fights - 7 Wins (5 KOs)) takes on the experienced Mexican Magali Rodriguez (32 Fights - 22 Wins (9 KOs) - 6 Losses - 4 Draws) for the vacant IBO World Lightweight title at the mecca of British boxing York Hall in Bethnal Green. Dubois has looked good in her seven fights to date , and the fact shes fighting for a title fight in only her eighth fight shows how talented she is , and i honestly think shes gonna walk away with the belt , although the tough veteran Rodriguez will be trying her best to stop her , shes no slouch and can definatley punch but from what ive seen of Dubois to date she is gonna be too slick and skilful for the Mexican i think. Cant say i know too much about Rodriguez to be honest having only seen a couple of her fights but she is tough and comes to fight , and i think that will play into Dubois' gloves , who i can see slowly breaking her down and exploiting any weaknesses she sees. Dubois victory for me , on the way to bigger and better things.

Caroline Dubois To Win

Murat Gassiev v Otto Wallin
Now this is a fight i'm looking forward to , two of the most avoided fighters in the heavyweight division getting it on , and i think it has all the hallmarks of a bloody good tear up. Wallin (27 Fights - 25 Wins (14 KOs) , 1 Loss , 1 No Contest) has beaten all before him save Tyson Fury back in 2019 , and i have to say that was hard fought contest where depending on your viewpoint he was unlucky not to get the nod from the judges , after opening up a nasty cut above Furys eye although he did fade during the later rounds. Hes one of the most under rated heavyweights / boxers around imho , hes a quality southpaw and has proven a nightmare for his opposition thus far , which is probably why he doesnt get many chances against the top tier fighters in the division , whereas Gassiev (32 Fights - 30 Wins (23 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 No Contest) has only lost the one bout to current heavyweight champ Oleksander Uysk in the Wolrd Boxing Super Series where he lost the IBFand WBA (Unified) titles and Uysk became the undisputed Cruiserweight champion. Surprised me that instead of going for Cruiserweight glory he followed Uysk up to the Heavyweight division , where hes knocked out his four opponents thus far , his latest opponent being the previously unbeaten Mike Balogun who he knocked out in the second round. Since the Fury fight Wallin has won all five of his fights , and looked good in doing so. Both are solid fighters but for me Gassiev has more power and the better boxing brain (just) , its definatley a hard one to call as neither boxer is an easy night for anyone , and this is as much a chess match as it is a boxing bout as both will be wary of each other for a few rounds i imagine , but i think Gassiev edges it , i think he has more in his arsenal than Wallin , and theres always the threat of his stopping power on top of his skill. Im going to enjoy watching this one but for me Gassiev wins (possibility of a stoppage but Wallin has proved he has a decent chin so could be that it goes to the cards)

Murat Gassiev To Win

Ellie Scotney v Laura Griffa
Ellie Scotney (7 Fights - 7 Wins (0 KOs)) defends her IBF Super Bantamweight Title for the first time against the tough and experienced Argentinian Laura Griffa (28 Fights - 20 Wins (1 KO) - 8 Losses) , she won the strap in her last fight when she beat Cherneka Johnson by unanimous decision , and though i think she will retain her title i think it'll be a tough fight and a new experience against an old hand whose been in these sort of fights before. Scotney hasnt put a foot wrong so far , has a good amateur pedigree and has carried that on into the pro ranks. Neither of them are known for their punching power , but for me Scotney is better skills wise although Griffa has experience in abundance in her favour. As you'd expect she has mainly fought in her native Argentina but she has travelled three times before in her career , twice to France and once to New Zealand where she lost all three by unanimous decison , and i think that thats gonna be the case here , Scotney isnt gonna wanna relinquish her title without a fight , shes on home soil with the crowd behind her and i think she'll outbox Griffa and walk away with a decision.

Ellie Scotney To Win by decision

Ellie Scotney Won by decision :thumb

Otto Wallin Wins :hissyfit

Caroline Dubois Won :thumb

Alvarez Won :thumb

Saturday 7th October -

Leigh Wood v Josh Warrington
Definatley looking forward to this one , which should be a proper tear up as both of them come to fight. Wood (30 Fights - 27 Wins (16 KOs) - 3 Losses) arrives on the back of his masterly display against Mauricio Lara when he avenged his previous loss and regained the WBA Featherweight Title (the belt was vacant as Lara had failed to make weight so Wood was the only one eligible to win it should he win the bout) , he picked Lara apart it has to be said and it really was a boxing masterclass , although it has to be said it didnt look like the same Lara as in the first fight , and at no point in the second fight did he look particularly dangerous but thats taking nothing away from Wood at all who did what he had to do and done it bloody well. Warrington (34 Fights - 31 Wins (8 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 Draw) lost his IBF Featherweight title last time against Mexican Luis Alberto Lopez by majority decision , his first defence of the title after beating Kiko Martinez for it after a seventh round stoppage. Both fighters are as game as they come and both have some decent names on their resume , for me Warrington probably has the slightly better resume but then again you can only fight whose in front of you , the one name they both have in common is Mauricio Lara , he beat both of them in their initial fights , stoppage in the seventh for Wood and the ninth for Warrington , but as ive said a dominant display saw Wood win the rematch whilst Warrington saw his rematch with Lara called as a draw after Lara was cut from an accidental clash of heads , they're the same height and have the same reach , they're both good solid boxers but for me Wood has the slight edge skillwise and probably ring IQ as well as power. This should be a good fight to watch but i think Wood retains his belt , i think it'll be pretty even for the early part of the fight but then i think that Wood will start to dominate more and more as the fight goes on.

Leigh Wood To Win

Terri Harper v Cecilia Braekhus
Since losing to Alycia Baumgardner back in November of 2021 Terri Harper (16 Fights - 14 Wins (6 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) has won all her three fights since , including a unanimous decision over Hannah Rankin for the WBA and IBO Super Welterweight Titles , and retained the WBA title last time by defeating Croatian Ivana Habazin , the defeat of Rankin was a particularly good effort i thought as most people expected her to win. Braekhus (39 Fights - 37 Wins (9 KOs) - 2 Losses) comes into this off the back of a win over Argentine Marisa Portillo , that was back in December 2022 , before that she lost two back to back fights against Jessica McCaskill (2020 / 2021) where she lost the undisputed welterweight titles she'd held since 2014 and then failed to regain them in the rematch. This should be a good bout i think , both can box as is evident by their records , but i think im favouring Harper as shes younger and hungrier , and she has proven that she can quickly adapt in the ring to her opponents differing styles. She also has an edge in power and speed which i think could play a major part in this one. Braekhus has been there and done it , her ring IQ , footwork and jab are second to none. If Braekhus can utilise her jab quickly theres a chance she could frustrate Harper and dominate proceedings but as ive said Harper is adept at adapting and overcoming her opponents styles so i think that after maybe a few rounds she'll slowly start coming out on top and start to dominate the fight , breaking down Braekhus' defences and eventually coming out the winner. With Harpers power theres always a chance of a stoppage but Braekhus has never been stopped in her career so im thinking it goes to the cards with Harper prevailing.

Terri Harper To Win

Sarah Mahfoud v Marcela Eliana Acuna
Well Sarah Mahfoud (14 Fights - 13 Wins (3 KOs) - 1 Loss) tasted defeat for the first time back in September of '22 when losing her IBF Featherweight Title to Amanda Serrano , no great shame in that as Serrano is one of the best female boxers out there , and she acquitted herself well i thought , since then she has fought twice , beating both opponents by unanimous decision so getting back on track. Her Opponent for this WBC Silver Featherweight title is Argentinian Marcela Eliana Acuna (64 Fights - 53 Wins (20 KOs) - 9 Losses - 2 Draws) who knows her way round the ring , very experienced and tough , but i think its interesting that the vast majority of her fights have taken place in her home country and the four times shes travelled outside of Argentina shes either lost or drawn , and i think thats going to be the case here. Mahfoud is 13 years younger and what she lacks in experience she makes up for in skill and determination , and i just think shes going to prove to much for her opponent here.

Sarah Mahfoud To Win By Decision

Gilberto Ramirez v Joe Smith Jr
This has all the makings of a decent fight , both fighters are coming into this fight on the back of losses and will be looking to get back on track here .. Ramirez (45 Fights - 44 Wins (30 KOs) - 1 Loss) was schooled by Dmitry Bivol last time when losing by unanimous decision , and as Bivol is one of the best out there imho theres no shame in that at all but he has to make sure that loss is behind him and out of his mind here as Smith Jr (32 Fights - 28 Wins (22 KOs) - 4 Losses) is no slouch , and can certainly finish a fight if his opponent isnt switched on. He lost to Artur Beterbiev in his last fight , being taken apart and then stopped in the second round. Again theres no shame in that loss as Beterbiev , like Bivol , is one of the best out there. As i said at the start this has all the earmarks of a good fight , you have a southpaw vs an orthodox stance and they can both punch , as is evident by their records , Smith Jr only knows one way to fight and thats to take the fight to the opponent , whereas Ramirez can fight that way but is also more technically adept so id be expecting him to box savvy on his cruiserweight debut and be a bit cagey , and get to work on the inside. With his style i think Smith Jr is a little too easy to hit and i think Ramirez will take advantage of that and if the opportunity arises he'll try to stop him , but if he leaves himself open Smith Jr has the power to end the fight if he connects so Ramirez has to stay switched on if he wants to win. Its a tough one to call to be honest but i slightly favour Ramirez , although it wouldnt come as a shock should Smith Jr. win , and with the power both have in their punches a stoppage could well be on the cards.

Gilberto Ramirez To Win

Saturday 7th October -

Leigh Wood v Josh Warrington
Definatley looking forward to this one , which should be a proper tear up as both of them come to fight. Wood (30 Fights - 27 Wins (16 KOs) - 3 Losses) arrives on the back of his masterly display against Mauricio Lara when he avenged his previous loss and regained the WBA Featherweight Title (the belt was vacant as Lara had failed to make weight so Wood was the only one eligible to win it should he win the bout) , he picked Lara apart it has to be said and it really was a boxing masterclass , although it has to be said it didnt look like the same Lara as in the first fight , and at no point in the second fight did he look particularly dangerous but thats taking nothing away from Wood at all who did what he had to do and done it bloody well. Warrington (34 Fights - 31 Wins (8 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 Draw) lost his IBF Featherweight title last time against Mexican Luis Alberto Lopez by majority decision , his first defence of the title after beating Kiko Martinez for it after a seventh round stoppage. Both fighters are as game as they come and both have some decent names on their resume , for me Warrington probably has the slightly better resume but then again you can only fight whose in front of you , the one name they both have in common is Mauricio Lara , he beat both of them in their initial fights , stoppage in the seventh for Wood and the ninth for Warrington , but as ive said a dominant display saw Wood win the rematch whilst Warrington saw his rematch with Lara called as a draw after Lara was cut from an accidental clash of heads , they're the same height and have the same reach , they're both good solid boxers but for me Wood has the slight edge skillwise and probably ring IQ as well as power. This should be a good fight to watch but i think Wood retains his belt , i think it'll be pretty even for the early part of the fight but then i think that Wood will start to dominate more and more as the fight goes on.

Leigh Wood To Win

Terri Harper v Cecilia Braekhus
Since losing to Alycia Baumgardner back in November of 2021 Terri Harper (16 Fights - 14 Wins (6 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) has won all her three fights since , including a unanimous decision over Hannah Rankin for the WBA and IBO Super Welterweight Titles , and retained the WBA title last time by defeating Croatian Ivana Habazin , the defeat of Rankin was a particularly good effort i thought as most people expected her to win. Braekhus (39 Fights - 37 Wins (9 KOs) - 2 Losses) comes into this off the back of a win over Argentine Marisa Portillo , that was back in December 2022 , before that she lost two back to back fights against Jessica McCaskill (2020 / 2021) where she lost the undisputed welterweight titles she'd held since 2014 and then failed to regain them in the rematch. This should be a good bout i think , both can box as is evident by their records , but i think im favouring Harper as shes younger and hungrier , and she has proven that she can quickly adapt in the ring to her opponents differing styles. She also has an edge in power and speed which i think could play a major part in this one. Braekhus has been there and done it , her ring IQ , footwork and jab are second to none. If Braekhus can utilise her jab quickly theres a chance she could frustrate Harper and dominate proceedings but as ive said Harper is adept at adapting and overcoming her opponents styles so i think that after maybe a few rounds she'll slowly start coming out on top and start to dominate the fight , breaking down Braekhus' defences and eventually coming out the winner. With Harpers power theres always a chance of a stoppage but Braekhus has never been stopped in her career so im thinking it goes to the cards with Harper prevailing.

Terri Harper To Win

Sarah Mahfoud v Marcela Eliana Acuna
Well Sarah Mahfoud (14 Fights - 13 Wins (3 KOs) - 1 Loss) tasted defeat for the first time back in September of '22 when losing her IBF Featherweight Title to Amanda Serrano , no great shame in that as Serrano is one of the best female boxers out there , and she acquitted herself well i thought , since then she has fought twice , beating both opponents by unanimous decision so getting back on track. Her Opponent for this WBC Silver Featherweight title is Argentinian Marcela Eliana Acuna (64 Fights - 53 Wins (20 KOs) - 9 Losses - 2 Draws) who knows her way round the ring , very experienced and tough , but i think its interesting that the vast majority of her fights have taken place in her home country and the four times shes travelled outside of Argentina shes either lost or drawn , and i think thats going to be the case here. Mahfoud is 13 years younger and what she lacks in experience she makes up for in skill and determination , and i just think shes going to prove to much for her opponent here.

Sarah Mahfoud To Win By Decision

Gilberto Ramirez v Joe Smith Jr
This has all the makings of a decent fight , both fighters are coming into this fight on the back of losses and will be looking to get back on track here .. Ramirez (45 Fights - 44 Wins (30 KOs) - 1 Loss) was schooled by Dmitry Bivol last time when losing by unanimous decision , and as Bivol is one of the best out there imho theres no shame in that at all but he has to make sure that loss is behind him and out of his mind here as Smith Jr (32 Fights - 28 Wins (22 KOs) - 4 Losses) is no slouch , and can certainly finish a fight if his opponent isnt switched on. He lost to Artur Beterbiev in his last fight , being taken apart and then stopped in the second round. Again theres no shame in that loss as Beterbiev , like Bivol , is one of the best out there. As i said at the start this has all the earmarks of a good fight , you have a southpaw vs an orthodox stance and they can both punch , as is evident by their records , Smith Jr only knows one way to fight and thats to take the fight to the opponent , whereas Ramirez can fight that way but is also more technically adept so id be expecting him to box savvy on his cruiserweight debut and be a bit cagey , and get to work on the inside. With his style i think Smith Jr is a little too easy to hit and i think Ramirez will take advantage of that and if the opportunity arises he'll try to stop him , but if he leaves himself open Smith Jr has the power to end the fight if he connects so Ramirez has to stay switched on if he wants to win. Its a tough one to call to be honest but i slightly favour Ramirez , although it wouldnt come as a shock should Smith Jr. win , and with the power both have in their punches a stoppage could well be on the cards.

Gilberto Ramirez To Win

Harper v Braekhus :hissyfit Draw

Wood Wins (By stoppage) :thumb

Mahfoud Wins By Decision :thumb

Ramirez Wins :thumb

Well three out of four on the night , should of been a full house though if im honest , i had Harper ahead on the cards and i think she done enough to take the fight , but hey ho thats boxing

Saturday 14th October - Janibek Alimkhanuly v Vincenzo Gualteri

Two unbeaten title holders putting their belts and their unbeaten records on the line , whats not to like ?! .. Alimkhanuly (14 Fights - 14 Wins (9 KOs)) is the current the WBO Middleweight title holder , winning the title back in May 2022 after stopping Brit Danny Dignum in the second round , hes since defended the title twice , beating another British fighter Denzel Bentley by unanimous decision before stopping Steven Butler in the second round last time , whereas Gualteri (22 Fights - 21 Wins (7 KOs) - 1 Draw) holds the IBF Middleweight title which he won earlier this year when beating Brazilian Esquiva Falcao by unanimous decision. Havent seen much of Gualteri to be honest but what i have seen he looks a decent enough fighter but i think he could have his work cut out trying to beat Alimkhanuly , who incidentally was down to fight Liam Smith as a mandatory before the Eubank Jr fight came along. I think Alimkhanuly wins this by stoppage , and walks away with the unified titles its as simple as this , i think he'll have to much skill and power for Gualteri.

Janibek Alimkhanuly To Win By Stoppage.

Sunday 15th October - Tim Tszyu v Brian Mendoza

This one has all the potential of a real humdinger of a fight and i , for one , am really looking forward to it. Tszyu (23 Fights - 23 Wins (17 KOs)) is one of the most exciting prospects out there , especially as hes a stay busy fighter and doesnt duck anyone , and taking on the tough , durable Mendoza (24 Fights - 22 Wins (16 KOs) - 2 Losses) proves my point , since losing to Jesus Ramos back in 2021 , Mendoza has stopped his last three opponents , the last one of those being the decent Sebastian Fundora who had been previously unbeaten before encountering Mendoza , for me Fundora had been winning the fight going into the seventh when a fluury of punches saw him dropped , so Mendoza is definatley capable of troubling anyone with his power. But then so Tszyu who has stopped 17 of his 23 opponents , his last two opponents (Tony Harrison and then Carlos Ocampo) were touted as his hardest tests to date and well capable of beating him but once again Tszyu proved his doubters wrong with a ninth round TKO of Harrison and a first round demolition of Ocampo. For me this is the hardest test to date , Mendoza can box and he can bang , and i think that this one could all boil down to who wants it the most and who can withstand the punches of the other best .. and for me i think its going to be Tszyu , i think hes the better boxer of the two , and for me hits the hardest. Its going to be hard going for both fighters , but with home crowd advantage thrown into the mix as well (although it has to be said Mendoza seems to thrive on being the underdog) , and the fact that if Tszyu is on top in the fight and he senses you're in trouble hes gonna be looking to put the fight to bed , i think Tszyu wins by stoppage.

Tin Tszyu Wins By Stoppage

Back